Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
Does anyone know if I start watching mania late will I be able to watch from the beginning like the other stuff in the stream?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Del Rio is basically Alex Wright without the dancing.

There's still time though.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Optimist with doubt posted:

Does anyone know if I start watching mania late will I be able to watch from the beginning like the other stuff in the stream?

Yes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Beautiful Ninja posted:

So nothing like Alex Wright at all. Him and Disco were my favorite tag team in WCW, I have no shame for my love of the Boogie Knights.

Alex Wright was a second generation wrestler with very sound technical ability, but some difficulty connecting with crowds and poor booking. He sort of lost motivation as time went on. He could also dance.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Watching the roundtables, I can only see Zap Rowsdower every time they show Michael Hayes.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I signed up for this for 6 months, figured I might as well use this service while it's still 10 a month cause we all know it's not always going to be that low. But man is the 360 app unusable. I can't believe it would be this bad. I watch a video for a couple minutes and it seems fine but then the video stalls and I get booted off the server. Says "The WWE Server is currently unavailable". Then I even get disconnected from Live. I don't think it's just my connection because this doesn't happen with anything else.

Luckily I can watch it on my computer but I'd much rather look at it on the TV. I hope they fix this up soon.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Beautiful Ninja posted:

So nothing like Alex Wright at all. Him and Disco were my favorite tag team in WCW, I have no shame for my love of the Boogie Knights.
I hate Vince Russo as much as the next sane adult, but Boogie Knights was a way cooler name than the Dancin' Fools.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Justin Godscock posted:

Though I'm starting to wonder if it's internet connections as well because I was watching a YouShoot on KC On Demand the other night and I had the exact same issue that I have with the Network where it skips back a few seconds before immediately righting itself.

I was out at dinner today at a diner and decided to tune into the live stream of Main Event on an LTE connection. Never had a single stutter, reset, or blackout.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I want to relive where WCW really jumped the rails into madness in its dying years. What's a good starting place, besides a call to a crisis prevention hotline?

Edit: Bash at the Beach '99 looks pretty terrible, therefore a good place to start.

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 4, 2014

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

skaboomizzy posted:

I want to relive where WCW really jumped the rails into madness in its dying years. What's a good starting place, besides a call to a crisis prevention hotline?

Great American Bash 1999 was where I started, the entire Summer of 1999 was when WCW went from "same old" to "oh poo poo, this company is hosed".

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

skaboomizzy posted:

Edit: Bash at the Beach '99 looks pretty terrible, therefore a good place to start.

Russo's career as head writer begins on the go home show for Halloween Havoc 99

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

skaboomizzy posted:

The fingerpoke of doom. January 4th, 1999. Beating Goldberg was the shot, that moment was when they started bleeding out.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

LividLiquid posted:

The fingerpoke of doom. January 4th, 1999. Beating Goldberg was the shot, that moment was when they started bleeding out.

I really hope that's the first Nitro they put on the Network. Put up the actual first episode right after, sure, but get to "butts in seats" right off the bat.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Have they definitely said they're going to be putting old Nitros up? I know they have the Monday Night War show coming in the summer, but I'd love for them to do what they're doing with RAW at the moment- start at the beginning with a few classic shows sprinkled in now and then.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

BigRed0427 posted:

Ok, Rob Bartlet in these early RAWs are worth it just for Heenan going. "Where the hell did you get this guy? :psyduck:" Every time he says something stupid.

Going back a couple pages but I've been using old Raws as background noise while studying. You haven't got to the episodes where Bartlett has his "microphone was taken away" by an irate Randy Savage.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Have they definitely said they're going to be putting old Nitros up? I know they have the Monday Night War show coming in the summer, but I'd love for them to do what they're doing with RAW at the moment- start at the beginning with a few classic shows sprinkled in now and then.

Nitro, Clash of the Champions, Total Divas and Saturday Morning Slam are all confirmed to be coming.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
That Rob Bartlett guy always baffles me when I hear him. How the hell did he last more than one event on commentary there?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Maxwell Lord posted:

I really hope that's the first Nitro they put on the Network. Put up the actual first episode right after, sure, but get to "butts in seats" right off the bat.

If VKM's ego has anything to do with the Network programming, then it'll be up in pretty short order once Monday Night War starts airing. And if we've learned anything about the WWE, VKM's ego basically runs this poo poo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

njsykora posted:

Nitro, Clash of the Champions, Total Divas and Saturday Morning Slam are all confirmed to be coming.

:toot:

I haven't seen any of this poo poo since it aired, so looking forward to the 1997-ish era of Nitro, which I remember a 7-year-old me loving.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

That Rob Bartlett guy always baffles me when I hear him. How the hell did he last more than one event on commentary there?

By episode six you can tell everyone knows it's a failure. Vince ignores his jokes and Bartlett will go 15 minutes without even saying anything at all.

If Bartlett had any idea what he was doing, it might have worked, but he didn't. He bounces back and forth between insulting faces, heels and even the audience. It was like a psychology-free mid-90s Jerry Lawler.

Also, Yokozuna never had a good solo match but he was pretty impressive athletically.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, I am like 5-6 episodes behind some of you who are watching all the Raws in order. I am at the GLF proposal episode, and I like how much they are making fun of how goony (not us goon) they look.

Beaverseatwood2
Feb 23, 2014
I've looked everywhere on the ps3 app and can't find any of the old raws. What category is it under????

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Beaverseatwood2 posted:

I've looked everywhere on the ps3 app and can't find any of the old raws. What category is it under????

"In Ring/Raw Replays"

Beaverseatwood2
Feb 23, 2014

Fag Boy Jim posted:

"In Ring/Raw Replays"

Awesome , thanks. Any word if they will make more round table type shows? I really enjoy those

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Beaverseatwood2 posted:

Awesome , thanks. Any word if they will make more round table type shows? I really enjoy those

I bet they get all of the old ones up before they even consider bringing it back. It'd be great if they did though. Minus Michael Hayes.

Meepo
Jul 30, 2004

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I just updated my Clean Stream Bookmarklet to support the WWE Network.

This will also help people who want to full screen the WWE Network on a second monitor (or TV if it's hooked up to your computer). Just hit the bookmarklet when you're on a stream then fullscreen the browser (in Firefox hit F11) and it should stay when you click out of it.

If you already using the bookmarklet from the weekly RAW threads, you don't have to update it, just use that one on the wwe stream.

This is amazing, thank you. I've been watching the stream while I work but I could never figure out how to make it shrink down to take up a smaller portion of screen real estate. Your bookmarklet is the first thing I've found that actually worked.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Meepo posted:

This is amazing, thank you. I've been watching the stream while I work but I could never figure out how to make it shrink down to take up a smaller portion of screen real estate. Your bookmarklet is the first thing I've found that actually worked.

Awesome. Another thing I have noticed is the stream itself is actually shrunk down in the browser to 960x540 or something, but it's actually going to your browser at 1280x720. I used my screen recording software to make a 1280x720 box for me then resized my browser to it and used the bookmarklet. Looks a lot better.

Also, turns out they fixed the full screen issue on their player, so that bit is no longer relevant.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

I bet they get all of the old ones up before they even consider bringing it back. It'd be great if they did though. Minus Michael Hayes.

the can keep Hayes on the condition that Mean Gene is the host, and that Gene always lets him know he's sure that Hayes will get into the Hall of Fame someday soon.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

ZDar Fan posted:

Watching the roundtables, I can only see Zap Rowsdower every time they show Michael Hayes.

Michael Hayes was the innovator of beer on the sun.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

everyone shits on Hayes but to be honest the ones i've watched with him on them he's been funny and good. I know of all the backstage whatever that he's done but on his show appearances at least so far hell I like the guy, to say nothing of his freebirds work

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

yea ok posted:

everyone shits on Hayes but to be honest the ones i've watched with him on them he's been funny and good. I know of all the backstage whatever that he's done but on his show appearances at least so far hell I like the guy, to say nothing of his freebirds work

I feel the same. Like, based purely on the roundtable stuff, the worst thing about the guy is he has really bad taste in facial hair, to the point that I can't tell if that thing's real or if he draws it on with a Sharpie.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

There's a lot of episodes where he says really stupid poo poo. I don't hate him as much as a lot of people here do on that factor, but he's really hit and miss on those episodes.

Honestly though, Kevin Nash is one of my favorite panelists on it, so what the hell do I know.

E: I'm watching episode 4 of Raw. People in the first match chanting "we want Flair!" Glad to see chanting for people who've left the company during boring matches isn't a new thing.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Apr 4, 2014

Bad Gandalf
Sep 19, 2010

yea ok posted:

Yeah he comes across as really fair and respectful in all the ones I've seen so far. Ric Flair on the other hand...

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Bad Gandalf posted:

Yeah he comes across as really fair and respectful in all the ones I've seen so far. Ric Flair on the other hand...

Phew, I thought I was the only one who liked Hayes. Couldn't figure out all the hate. Seems like a cool guy, who cares if he big notes himself, all wrestlers do. And it's not like he wasn't a legit innovator who was ahead of his time when he was active.

downfall
Jun 23, 2005

Rodney the Piper posted:

Also, Yokozuna never had a good solo match but he was pretty impressive athletically.

Probably never had any five star matches, but this gives me a new project!

There is one in particular on an old Coliseum Video I remember being a lot of fun - vs. 1-2-3 Kid. Kid is super fast, so it's all about this rush in and out kind of quick striking/attacks vs. he's going to die if Yoko gets his hands on him. It's worth tracking down.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Beaverseatwood2 posted:

Wrestlemania Legends (a roundtable about WM moments) is live tonight at 10pm Eastern.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

downfall posted:

Probably never had any five star matches, but this gives me a new project!

There is one in particular on an old Coliseum Video I remember being a lot of fun - vs. 1-2-3 Kid. Kid is super fast, so it's all about this rush in and out kind of quick striking/attacks vs. he's going to die if Yoko gets his hands on him. It's worth tracking down.

Man, I remember that match being really cool. It was one of those things where on paper Kid should not have had a chance in hell, but he took it to Yoko by fighting very smart and staying the hell away from him.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Saul Goode posted:

Phew, I thought I was the only one who liked Hayes. Couldn't figure out all the hate. Seems like a cool guy, who cares if he big notes himself, all wrestlers do. And it's not like he wasn't a legit innovator who was ahead of his time when he was active.

I was too afraid to say anything - I like Hayes in the roundtables, too.

Yes, by all accounts he's a racist dirtbag in real life, but I haven't seen/heard him do anything too offensive in these things. He just talks SO drat MUCH. I don't think it's out of any kind of malice or trying to get himself over, he just likes to talk.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Plus the Freebirds, at their peak, did loving rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
He says 'he's such a good earner' a lot and that annoys me.