Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Kalib Starnes will never fight for the UFC again after his last match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
lmao if Dave Herman gets knocked out by Kalib Starnes

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

I have one fight left on my contract. I’m not very happy with the WSOF and I’ve asked to be released. I don’t feel it’s okay for a promotion to disregard a fighter’s contract or the fighter’s pay off a loss, but then try to fine tooth comb the same contract to hold onto a fighter off of a win. Contracts should be to take care of fighters and promotions. Not for promotions to take advantage of the fighter. I feel I need to stand up against WSOF while I can so it doesn’t happen to other fighters on the down side of things. I have no idea what the future holds until I resolve things with the WSOF.
http://fansided.com/2014/04/03/josh-burkman-im-happy-wsof-ive-asked-released/#!CGyqN

Burkman wants to leave WSOF I guess

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

lol at kalib starnes fighting at heavyweight

All that cardio was for nothing

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

More on the Burkman/WSOF thing:

quote:

‏@AliAbdelaziz00 4m
@MMAWorldSeries gave Josh Burkman 5 fights in 16 months, made more $ than any other fighter we have, bent over backwards for him.

quote:

@AliAbdelaziz00 4m
I don't know why all this bashing all of a sudden about me and WSOF? It's all good though.

quote:

‏@MMASun 1m
Don't know all business dealings but I do know often @MMAWorldSeries pays more than UFC @AliAbdelaziz00

500$ for an undercard fighter though lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The WSOF fighters who have gone from UFC to WSOF made less so, unless they are comparing WSOF main eventers to UFC prelim guys I'm not sure what he means.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

The WSOF fighters who have gone from UFC to WSOF made less so, unless they are comparing WSOF main eventers to UFC prelim guys I'm not sure what he means.

They make more than TUF competitors you see.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

I asked him at what level of competition, the only example he gave was

quote:

@MMASun 1m @YMazyar Lance Palmer made more than UFC would've paid

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Yuriy posted:

I asked him at what level of competition, the only example he gave was

Which I think is based off an interview Palmer did saying his WSOF deal was better than UFC opening pay. It didn't even sound like UFC had ever offered him a deal. I guess that's true, some money is more than no money.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Which I think is based off an interview Palmer did saying his WSOF deal was better than UFC opening pay. It didn't even sound like UFC had ever offered him a deal. I guess that's true, some money is more than no money.

Yea, I imagine main-eventing your first WSOF show pays better than 8/8 hopefully

This Ali/Burkman thing is escalating though, Vinny Magalhaes is getting involved

quote:

@VinnyMMA 3h @JoshBurkman I don't blame you, dealing with that Ali guy must be a pain in the rear end. Which sucks because Ray is a great guy.

quote:

@JoshBurkman 4h @VinnyMMA couldn't have said it better myself.

quote:

VinnyMMA 3h @JoshBurkman Well, I know that for fact. I had a contract in hands, just needed to sign it. Dealing with him made the whole deal not worth.

quote:

@AliAbdelaziz00 1m @VinnyMMA the truth why you didn't sign w WSOF is because we offered you same as ufc gave you. You had just come off a KO by a 40 yr old.

quote:

@AliAbdelaziz00 44s @VinnyMMA You wanted 3x more than what ufc was paying you. I believe you're making 3/3 now. #truth

tl;dr : Ali is mocking Vinny for the perosh KO and wanting 3 x his UFC money after it happened

Edit: another

quote:

@VinnyMMA now
@AliAbdelaziz00 you think you're joe silva, but nobody respects you , because you're a piece if poo poo.

quote:

@VinnyMMA 1m
@AliAbdelaziz00 I remember u talking tough to @JohnGunderson55 by txt messages, he showed up at ur office n u acted like the pussy you are.

Yuriy fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 4, 2014

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
MMA is a lovely business. Vinny is a chinny fighter, but I believe he was asking for $24,000 to fight in WSOF since he made 8/8 in UFC. I don't think that's super unreasonable. They should have worked out something closer to 12/12 but hey what are ya gonna do other than go on twitter and put everybody's business out in the open?

For the record Dana White has been saying nice things about the Burk Man so I hope he ends up back in UFC.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wasn't it Burk that got the secret service called on him? Or am I thinking of another UFC-WSOF guy?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

coconono posted:

Wasn't it Burk that got the secret service called on him? Or am I thinking of another UFC-WSOF guy?

Jacob Volkmann did.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wise Learned Man posted:

Jacob Volkmann did.

Ah. I get those two confused a lot.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
Belated B-League Update!

FRIDAY 4/4/14

10:50AM EDT - M-1 Challenge 47:http://m-1global.tv/

4:05 PM EDT - Final Fight Championship 11: Osijek: http://tv.mojbuk.com/faq/nova-tv.html

7PM EDT - BellatorFC 115: Minakov Vs Kongo: See thread

7PM EDT - Shooto Brazil 47: http://tv-aovivo.nl/lutashd.html

10PM EDT - LegacyFC 30: Holm Vs Werner: axs.tv

11PM EDT - RDC MMA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVMgKx_ABl0

SATURDAY 4/5/14

4AM EDT - IGF 1: Fightcreature will stream this, Inoki's return to MMA promotion.

12PM EDT -BAMMA 15: Thompson Vs Selmani: Prelims: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUwSvSLyB4M

Main: espn3.com for US viewers, unsure for the rest of the world

12PM EDT - IRFA 6: Gala MMA: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1lcrtf_irfa-6-gala-mma-05-04-2014-live-stream_sport

12PM EDT - IV MMA Exclusive Gala Night: Vasilkov: http://hdvod.pl/online/iv-gala-mma-exclusive-night-wasilkow-05042014%3Fsite_id%3D307&usg=ALkJrhju6z-Cr86zE5dYncCRTYrK-OHJ5A

7PM EDT - Jungle Fight 68: http://tv-aovivo.nl/lutashd.html
Next Week

SUNDAY 4/6/14

7AM EDT - Road FC Korea 3: Link should go up on fightcreature.com

10AM EDT - PROFC 53: Khachatryan vs. Egorov: Link to come

individual865 fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 5, 2014

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Well uhhhh RDC is live now

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

Bubba Smith posted:

MMA is a lovely business. Vinny is a chinny fighter, but I believe he was asking for $24,000 to fight in WSOF since he made 8/8 in UFC. I don't think that's super unreasonable. They should have worked out something closer to 12/12 but hey what are ya gonna do other than go on twitter and put everybody's business out in the open?

For the record Dana White has been saying nice things about the Burk Man so I hope he ends up back in UFC.

My understanding is Magalhaes was actually making $22k/$22k in the UFC (or claims this; he didn't fight in any place that releases purse information in his second UFC run, but humiliating M-1 might have gotten him a sweeter salary) and the WSoF offered him $6k/$6k.

Anyway Ali Abdel-Aziz is a former fighter and apparently really good at networking, which seems to be how he got his job as a manager (with Dominance MMA Management) and also his job as the WSoF matchmaker and de facto GM. Unfortunately he's kind of a loving idiot and bad at his job.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Didn't he recently announce that WSOF was going to announce something that would make them a major player and then it turns out he didn't announce poo poo?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

1st AD posted:

Didn't he recently announce that WSOF was going to announce something that would make them a major player and then it turns out he didn't announce poo poo?

That was probably it.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Holly Holm kicked another lady in the head

18MB gif ahoy

Apparently there's some discussion of doing a stand-alone Holm vs Cyborg PPV, but that seems kinda farfetched to me.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Holm should ask for a muay thai fight or something because Cyborg would probably wrestle her in MMA.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

I just got back from watching this card live, and it was good fun. IRFA is turning into the best local organisation for up and coming Young fighters with good competitive matchups.

As a bonus I also spotted Joanne Calderwood in the audience. Apperantly she's been over to spar att Gustafsson's home gym, Allstars.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

colonel_korn posted:

Holly Holm kicked another lady in the head

18MB gif ahoy

Apparently there's some discussion of doing a stand-alone Holm vs Cyborg PPV, but that seems kinda farfetched to me.
And apparently broke her arm in the process, so any Cyborg fight might have to wait a while.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Zwachro posted:

And apparently broke her arm in the process, so any Cyborg fight might have to wait a while.

This is good experience for her if she ever gets a fight with Ronda.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
It's the British wrestling clinic you guys have all been waiting for!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=700397206672501&set=vb.199137513465142&type=2&theater

Colin and JT are now good friends and look forward to rematch. JT has lost 16 kilos since the fight and is in very good HW condition once again, he realises how sloppy he got after gassing in this fight but it was his first come back fight since his injury.

Carborundum
Feb 21, 2013
Team MMA anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GixDXD44_yA

Looks pretty dumb, once one side loses one guy they are boned.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Carborundum posted:

Team MMA anyone?

The dance number was nice at least. I liked the jump kick to start the match.

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 6, 2014

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
i watched it. lol

Pierat
Mar 29, 2008
ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE THE BNP
B-League MMA: Put out to pasture

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Pierat posted:

B-League MMA: Put out to pasture

I watched you suffer a dull aching pain
Now you decided to show me the same
No sweeping exits or offstage lines
Could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind
Wild horses couldn't drag me away
Wild, wild horses, couldn't drag me away
I know I dreamed you a sin and a lie
I have my freedom but I don't have much time
Faith has been broken, tears must be cried
Let's do some living after we die
Wild horses couldn't drag me away
Wild, wild horses, we'll ride them some day

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Carborundum posted:

Team MMA anyone?

I'm hoping at some point we'll see an MMA triple threat match. Now that would be strategically interesting.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Sprecherscrow posted:

I'm hoping at some point we'll see an MMA triple threat match. Now that would be strategically interesting.

It'd be 2 guys beating the poo poo out of one guy within 20 seconds then fighting each other.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 7, 2014

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Already exists!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnRm9s9mXwk

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@TalkMMA 13m
Confirmed by @lexmcmahonMMA on @arielhelwani #themmahour, @TitanFighting has been aggressive in pursuit of Shields; even offered equity.

Jake Shields might go lay on top of Matt Riddle!

Edit: For Willie

quote:

@JColossus 4m
Note to self, Stop buying T'shirts on Amazon when stoned

Yuriy fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 7, 2014

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Also in BeanFried news

quote:

@sarahdalelio 40m
Well there ya go I'm fighting Rin Nakai May 11th. First time in Japan too :D

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Yuriy posted:

Edit: For Willie

Very true advice, indeed.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

‏@jeremybotter 1m
Melvin Guillard has signed a deal with World Series of Fighting. Story coming shortly.

He even took a picture of him doing it

Yuriy fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 8, 2014

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Yuriy posted:

He even took a picture of him doing it

Melvin is 31, what ring is that on his right hand? A high school ring, college ring? How long do people hold on to those things?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I like his shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Melvin is 31, what ring is that on his right hand? A high school ring, college ring? How long do people hold on to those things?

He's still calling himself "the Young Assassain." I don't think Melvin is very good at letting the past go.