Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Oh man, I envy you, so much good stuff. You gotta hear the Scott the Engineer Pushup Saga. I'll upload the pack that has it soon if there isn't a collection on youtube (it's pretty prolific).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypersober
Mar 27, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Over the past month or so, I've been listening to HS clips on n YouTube

This channel has the a lot of HSS compilations.

Todd Packer

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

hypersober posted:

This channel has the a lot of HSS compilations.

Todd Packer

God drat! Anyone know of a youtube-to-mp3 site that doesn't have a limit?

e: http://www.video2mp3.net/ looks like it might be working? That guy's video page is gold.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 4, 2014

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

rawdog pozfail posted:

God drat! Anyone know of a youtube-to-mp3 site that doesn't have a limit?

e: http://www.video2mp3.net/ looks like it might be working? That guy's video page is gold.

Click on the About on his YT page, follow the leads from there.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Crotch Bat posted:

Click on the About on his YT page, follow the leads from there.

:stare: Yeah, what the hell was I doing uploading stuff! Go there, guy! I love the clip packs because you speed through entire eras of the show for some of them that span decades, it's cool to hear how it evolves while still remaining the same at its core.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Over the past month or so, I've been listening to HS clips on n YouTube every single day while working. I can't believe how little I knew of the show, and how much I've got to know since starting. I didn't know about the Ash Wednesday clip, so I'll be checking it out tomorrow, but does anyone have any essential clips I should check out? I've already heard the following:

- narcissism test
- newlywed game (oh my god, vinaigrette...)
- artie quits / gets weighed / Crystal Clear
- Jay Mohr/Dice-Clay/O&A feud
- pretty much all the quizzes, gameshows, hollyweird squares episodes.
- various multi-part disturbed caller clips
- quite a few 2013 celeb interviews

It's so strange... I've listened to SO much, and yet obviously haven't even scratched the surface of the show's almost 30-year-long run. I never want it to stop, but I know it will.

Also, I have a HUGE appreciation for Jim Breuer now, holy poo poo.

Fred goes to the Rainbow Room
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVjDghMs41g

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Get John's Job (multi week saga)

The Magic Chronicles (multi week saga)

And the very first clip of Stern I ever listened to, Deion Sanders Hosts a Beauty Pageant

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

The narcissism test was so great. Robin just can't possibly comprehend that she cares so much about herself, even though it's loving crystal clear to anyone who has heard the show for more than a week.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Also, any time Howard uses his voice-changer to be Cookie Puss. And any time they goof on Jackie. And the Jackie Puppet (which is pretty much goofing on Jackie). And any extended goofing on Baba Booey. And any extended goofing on KC. And when Robin walked out because she had been late to a book-signing the day before. :allears:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

haljordan posted:

The narcissism test was so great. Robin just can't possibly comprehend that she cares so much about herself, even though it's loving crystal clear to anyone who has heard the show for more than a week.

Yep, great moment! Other great Robin Moments:

-"I don't feel like my birthday has been properly recognized." (after they did an entire show based on it)
-Fred says something almost random to Quivers, and she storms out of the show and goes home. (spring of 2000?)
-Admitting on the air to (having been) dating Jim Florentine. They had kept it a secret for so long that this produced a month-long orgy of busting on Robin about getting laid.
-Robin rips Spike Lee a new rear end in a top hat.
-Robin attempts to climb into the SS Mund on remote mic.

EDIT: Oh god yes, Cookie Puss. One the few things Fred really can't handle.

DOUBLE EDIT: Prefect, are we talking about the same Robin moment there?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Hello. Hello, hello.

Every Stern listener has their moments that they consider essential. For me the one that instantly comes to mind is the I see OJ prank call.

Can I tell you my favorite Matt Dillon story real briefly?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The Robin-walks-out I'm thinking of would have been in 1995, when she was touring in support of "Robin Quivers: A Life". I don't remember if it was Howard or Fred, but yeah, they just made one not-very-direct comment and she walked right out of her booth.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

prefect posted:

The Robin-walks-out I'm thinking of would have been in 1995, when she was touring in support of "Robin Quivers: A Life". I don't remember if it was Howard or Fred, but yeah, they just made one not-very-direct comment and she walked right out of her booth.

Which is so hilarious considering how she will constantly rip on every single person associated with the show for the most petty reasons.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Riosan posted:

Every Stern listener has their moments that they consider essential. For me the one that instantly comes to mind is the I see OJ prank call.

For me, that was the beginning of an Era, easily my favorite part of Stern History. Fred used to just DESTROY me with the OJ drops on a daily basis. Someone should do a pack that is every single show starting with the one the day after OJ's low speed chase. I love the Bill West days, too, and there is a lot of overlap there.

For an example of the racist stuff that the show used to play, listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fWESSV_7cc

Any chance Howard would ever play that now?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Squashy Nipples posted:

For me, that was the beginning of an Era, easily my favorite part of Stern History. Fred used to just DESTROY me with the OJ drops on a daily basis. Someone should do a pack that is every single show starting with the one the day after OJ's low speed chase. I love the Bill West days, too, and there is a lot of overlap there.

For an example of the racist stuff that the show used to play, listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fWESSV_7cc

Any chance Howard would ever play that now?

Absolutely not. I think they even edit out words like "fag" when they replay old bits on Sirius.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Squashy Nipples posted:

The Todd Packer collections are massive. 10 or 11 eight+ hour segments on everything OJ, including the original interview with Howard. Listening now, there's some pretty racy things said by 1994 Howard that would never even cross the mind of 2014 Howard. Billy West was pretty drat good in those as well.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Riosan posted:

The Todd Packer collections are massive. 10 or 11 eight+ hour segments on everything OJ, including the original interview with Howard. Listening now, there's some pretty racy things said by 1994 Howard that would never even cross the mind of 2014 Howard. Billy West was pretty drat good in those as well.

Billy West as Marge Schott, holy poo poo. He really leaned into those n-bombs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiqMdu2AZZ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4NJZPcEby8

Also one of my favorite bits of all-time: Sal's Apology Tape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SSI1PBMTLs

(Click the video title for the other 7 parts, it is definitely worth it.)

haljordan fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Apr 4, 2014

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I heard OJ prank call live in Philadelphia.

It's like my watching men walk on the moon live moment.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

euphronius posted:

Wow, me too! I got back from playing disc golf at Sedgley Woods while the chase was ongoing, and my roommate just happened to have the TV tuned to right channel.

Great analogy with the "moon walk" moment.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

haljordan posted:

Which is so hilarious considering how she will constantly rip on every single person associated with the show for the most petty reasons.

With the exception of Gary, basically everybody in the core group of the Stern show can give it but can't take it.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I don't know what I was thinking, but I tried to listen to the Debbie Schlussel clip pack. Good god, I had forgotten how loving annoying she was. I couldn't even make it through the first clip.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Once again A Keg. posted:

With the exception of Gary, basically everybody in the core group of the Stern show can give it but can't take it.

True, I remember Stuttering John's meltdown when he got fired from his on-air gig on the air by Chuck Roast (best name ever). As if he wouldn't take absolute glee in tearing anyone else up in the same situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rceQwIcaDIw

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

True, I remember Stuttering John's meltdown when he got fired from his on-air gig on the air by Chuck Roast (best name ever). As if he wouldn't take absolute glee in tearing anyone else up in the same situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rceQwIcaDIw

That was fantastic. John practically dared the guy to fire him on the air, so he actually did it. Great to see John on the receiving end.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

The highlight for me was when he tried to drag Meg Griffin into the argument and make it seem like they were on the same level, talent-wise. Meg basically told him to gently caress off.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

The highlight for me was when he tried to drag Meg Griffin into the argument and make it seem like they were on the same level, talent-wise. Meg basically told him to gently caress off.

Stuttering John loved pretending he was on the same level as other people. "B-b-but Jackie did this other similar thing; why aren't you yelling at him?"

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I saw 26 new posts and thought Artie died, but no, people are reminiscing about cool segments from the show.

Silver lining, I guess.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Sorry, it was Julie Slater not Meg Griffin.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

Sorry, it was Julie Slater not Meg Griffin.

Every Stern fan should listen to some of the Meg Griffin stuff. She would get into terrific fights with Howard, because her DJ shift theoretically started at 10, so she was always around towards the end of the show, and Meg was so good at getting angry. "Angry Young Meg" is a classic song parody.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

euphronius posted:

I heard it live as well. The Knicks were in the NBA finals and they interrupted the game to show the chase. I even remember where I was and what I was doing when the call came through.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Squashy Nipples posted:

Someone should do a pack that is every single show starting with the one the day after OJ's low speed chase.

The Todd Packer page has a 60 hour OJ pack. Just go to the videos page and ctrl+f "OJ" or get the mp3s from the link on his "about" page.

Another must listen is anything related to Howard's Parents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD_Abql28qE

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Over the past month or so, I've been listening to HS clips on n YouTube every single day while working. I can't believe how little I knew of the show, and how much I've got to know since starting. I didn't know about the Ash Wednesday clip, so I'll be checking it out tomorrow, but does anyone have any essential clips I should check out? I've already heard the following:

- narcissism test
- newlywed game (oh my god, vinaigrette...)
- artie quits / gets weighed / Crystal Clear
- Jay Mohr/Dice-Clay/O&A feud
- pretty much all the quizzes, gameshows, hollyweird squares episodes.
- various multi-part disturbed caller clips
- quite a few 2013 celeb interviews

It's so strange... I've listened to SO much, and yet obviously haven't even scratched the surface of the show's almost 30-year-long run. I never want it to stop, but I know it will.

Also, I have a HUGE appreciation for Jim Breuer now, holy poo poo.

Go ahead and add:
The S.S Mund Saga
Stuttering John vs Gary park wars
Brad Garrett interview where he calls out Howard about Artie
Artie the pig story
Aj Benza vs Stuttering John
Pat Cooper vs his family (WHO TOLD YOU THAT!!!!)
Gary, I want you back tape (Hello, Hello?)
Jackie Puppet vs Conan (Conan O-Bye-Bye)
Howard and Gilbert fill up Seinfeld's answering machine

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Once again A Keg. posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1taz_j-F73I

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Go ahead and add:
The S.S Mund Saga
Stuttering John vs Gary park wars
Brad Garrett interview where he calls out Howard about Artie
Artie the pig story
Aj Benza vs Stuttering John
Pat Cooper vs his family (WHO TOLD YOU THAT!!!!)
Gary, I want you back tape (Hello, Hello?)
Jackie Puppet vs Conan (Conan O-Bye-Bye)
Howard and Gilbert fill up Seinfeld's answering machine

The Eric the Midget clip packs are brilliant, especially the first few years of his calls. Hearing him slowly get corrupted, starting as a lonely guy in a wheelchair defending the honor of Kelly Clarkson to eventually becoming a degenerate Wack Packer and posing for nudes at the Bunny Ranch is my favorite way to kill time on a long road trip.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
I'd like to add:

* Gilbert Gottfried vs. Barbara the German Jew
* Gina Dance
* interview with Rich Cronin (one of the best, even though I dreaded hearing it - irony)
* first appearance of Hank the Dwarf, it's actually uncensored on Youtube and Hank shows his penis :lol:
* Artie imitating Chaz Bono

and, my god, I was looking for this for years...

* Howard mocking Steven Spielberg and his black kids -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBVq4bEylvQ

There's another segment where he, along with Dee Snider, continues in this vein and it's loving hilarious. It's so great - I remember him imitating if his kids got pulled over in a white neighborhood..."Dey can't arrest us, we the Spielberg boys! Quick, let's run to our sookie! [sukkah]"

Cliche Guevara fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 4, 2014

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

haljordan posted:

Also one of my favorite bits of all-time: Sal's Apology Tape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SSI1PBMTLs

(Click the video title for the other 7 parts, it is definitely worth it.)

I stayed up all night at this point in my life. This was the first show I started listening to at 6AM before going to bed and couldn't go to sleep before hearing it all.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
any Underdog Lady?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Thanks guys! I listened to the Ash Wednesday / Pig / Dirty cop stories, and Sal's apology. Loved them all, looking forward to hearing all the rest of the stuff you suggested.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Bonzo posted:

any Underdog Lady?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXB_EONRjD4

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

I recommend when Gilbert was on Sirius and him and Artie were making fun of Steve Irwin dying during the news. It was when they were planning to give his daughter a show, and I remember Gilbert said something so offensive about her they dumped it on satellite. God I miss Gilbert and Artie during the news...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhXKsAgUXLI

Artie in top form and Stuttering John getting the tables turned on his snitching.