Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Are we all just asuming that Bayern have no interest in keeping Mandzukic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

Are we all just asuming that Bayern have no interest in keeping Mandzukic?

My understanding was that he wants to leave because Lewandowski is coming in. Plus we all know how much Pep hates centre forwards.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Isn't Demba Ba on pretty massive wages also for what he's worth?

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Byolante posted:

It would be better if West Ham got relegated due to them not getting a points deduction.

Just relegate West Ham anyway, half their supporters would be up for it if it got rid of the fatty.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Isn't Demba Ba on pretty massive wages also for what he's worth?

It's Chelsea and they were signing him on the back of his Newcastle purple patch, so yeah he's probably making 6 figures a week to train.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DickEmery posted:

Just relegate West Ham anyway, half their supporters would be up for it if it got rid of the fatty.
i would accept that deal, yes

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
I know Torres is broken, but it seems Mourinho is using him to make a point about it not being his squad, just so no-one forgets that in case they don't end up with a trophy.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

DickEmery posted:

no dont you see really we support him despite what we say and the owners are top lads for having faith according to Football Fixer Kevin Nolan

perhaps my use of fixer, in the sense of fixing alcoholic troublemakers, had an intentional second meaning?? who knows.

Byolante posted:

It would be better if West Ham got relegated due to them not getting a points deduction.

I'm pretty sure Sunderland aren't going to relegate us but it would be some funny poo poo to be sure

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Maybe Chelsea are selling all their strikers because some youth players are ready to break through

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

belgend posted:

I'll take this to the Serie A thread if this goes too much off topic, but how's Nainggolan doing in Rome?

Quite good; since Strootman has been out he's been starting every match. He plays pretty far up the pitch since De Rossi can cover and he works well with everyone up top.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Lukaku has proved at two different PL clubs that he can score at this level.

So why do Chelsea want to sell him when he's only going to get better?

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
Because they're idiots.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I don't know but it's absolutely hilarious. He's only 20 and is averaging a goal every other game.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

They'll sell him for like 20 million then buy him back when he is 24/25 for about 50

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

He's 20 years old, has scored 1 in 2 for two different clubs not as good as Chelsea, and is pretty much the exact model of the strong lone striker you'd think they'd want to play in front of their hundreds of attacking midfielders. It's totally bizarre.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
If Chelsea get Mandzukic AND Costa there literally are no football gods, only demons.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Duncan Sperguson posted:

They'll sell him for like 20 million then buy him back when he is 24/25 for about 50

They'll have a sell back clause I'd imagine for 1-2 seasons if they actually do off load him. See what he does, pay a bit more to get him back. Most clubs will be willing to work with that who'd be in for him i'd imagine.

I guess they can't just ignore it though because remember we learned this season contracts don't matter.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I don't see why they won't just loan him out again

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Jose posted:

Probably likely. I wonder what a loan option of half a season with them being able to get him back in January would be possible and likely if they need him.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Jose posted:

because FFP and they want to buy Costa and Manduzick

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Lukaku is in his late twenties. Have you seen that picture of him playing when he was "10"?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Wasn't he born in Belgium? There's a lot of things wrong with Belgium, but I'm pretty sure they've got legit birth certificates.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Blue Screen Error posted:

Maybe Chelsea are selling all their strikers because some youth players are ready to break through

I enjoyed this joke.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Chelsea are such a terrible team when it comes to younger players. I hope Courtois runs down his contract and transfers for free to Atletico.

Edit: :colbert:

Gorn Myson fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 4, 2014

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gorn Myson posted:

Chelsea are such a terrible team when it comes to younger players. I hope Courtois runs down his contract and transfers for free to Athletico.

To where?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Jose said they have no bids for Lukaku and he's pleased with his progress. Presumably he will stay or be reloaned.

Then again he kinda complimented Torres too.

Also he said they haven't discussed things with Courtois because they might meat in the CL.

I see Courtois having more of a future at the club than Lukaku, personally.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I can't see them keeping both Courtois and Cech. Maybe they'll just loan him another year, but it's getting sort of ridiculous. I hope they let all the belges go tbh. gently caress Chelsea.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Rumours (which turned out to be pretty accurate in the Mata case) are that Courtois will sign an extension and go back to Atleti.

It seems that Chelsea do want him as a long term successor so there's a good chance he will take over for Cech in a year or two.

fake edit: this is in contradiction to what Jose said today at his presser

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

T Fowl posted:

They'll have a sell back clause I'd imagine for 1-2 seasons if they actually do off load him. See what he does, pay a bit more to get him back. Most clubs will be willing to work with that who'd be in for him i'd imagine.

I love that people seem to think Chelsea have enough money to completely poo poo on Lukaku by playing loving Torres, get rid, and then assume they can snap their fingers and he'll come back no questions asked.

I do not love that Chelsea think this too and it's almost entirely true, with the only question being "how much?"

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

hadji murad posted:

Rumours (which turned out to be pretty accurate in the Mata case) are that Courtois will sign an extension and go back to Atleti.

It seems that Chelsea do want him as a long term successor so there's a good chance he will take over for Cech in a year or two.

fake edit: this is in contradiction to what Jose said today at his presser

Cech is only 31. He can be playing at a high level for at least another 5 years, probably longer. I don't think he's had any big drop in form, has he?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

hadji murad posted:

Jose said they have no bids for Lukaku and he's pleased with his progress. Presumably he will stay or be reloaned.

With Lukaku's agent openly admitting he's been talking to Spurs and Everton (but not Swansea), its quite likely that he's been told to find a new club.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Spangly A posted:

I love that people seem to think Chelsea have enough money to completely poo poo on Lukaku by playing loving Torres, get rid, and then assume they can snap their fingers and he'll come back no questions asked.

I do not love that Chelsea think this too and it's almost entirely true, with the only question being "how much?"

I don't know Lukaku personally, but I would guess he appreciates that Chelsea granted his request to go out on loan and doesn't consider it a slight.

Though the club did gently caress him over his first season when they played him and then realized that meant he couldn't go out on loan.

But I think there's very little chance of Lukaku throwing a strop prior to reporting back from World Cup duty.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Good looking young goalie who doesn't need a helmet versus an average looking older chump with a fragile skull? There's no contest. Time for Cech to go to Italy.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I don't know Lukaku personally, but I would guess he appreciates that Chelsea granted his request to go out on loan and doesn't consider it a slight.

Though the club did gently caress him over his first season when they played him and then realized that meant he couldn't go out on loan.

But I think there's very little chance of Lukaku throwing a strop prior to reporting back from World Cup duty.

Is there anyone who knows Lukaku personally who could comment on this?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Lukaku is a good friend of mine. We went to middle school together and stayed in touch when my family moved back to the States. He loving hates Mourinho and also thinks the fans are all racists. If it wasn't for Drogba encouraging him to stick through it, he'd have put in a transfer request hack in August.

He also always chooses female characters when playing video games. It's weird.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

T Fowl posted:

I guess they can't just ignore it though because remember we learned this season contracts don't matter.

When have they ever?

I can't wait for Arsene bids £1 over his supposed release clause.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Eric Cantonese posted:

Good looking young goalie who doesn't need a helmet versus an average looking older chump with a fragile skull? There's no contest. Time for Cech to go to Italy.

I want to bring Courtois back this summer, but it sounds like hes gonna go on loan another year.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

RVProfootballer posted:

Cech is only 31. He can be playing at a high level for at least another 5 years, probably longer. I don't think he's had any big drop in form, has he?

Not a big drop, but he's just a bit less consistent, and has a few less "wow" saves. Begovic, Sczczczczczney, de Gea and maybe a couple of others have been better than him this year.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eric Cantonese posted:

I dont know about that, Cech is really quite handsome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Courtois is simply better than Cech now though isn't he?
Both would walk into any other PL team too.

• Locked thread