Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

You gotta love the way old adverts often featured an authority figure type leading the kids off to god knows what like the pied piper of processed foods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

Red_October_7000 posted:

Edit: checking on-line reveals that it was re-issued for a time for the Persian Gulf war.

It's also been standard issue since 9/11. Everyone leaves boot camp with one. You don't have to serve in-theater to get one, you just have to be on active duty during the designated time period. It's a garbage award.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

syscall girl posted:

You gotta love the way old adverts often featured an authority figure type leading the kids off to god knows what like the pied piper of processed foods.

Every time I see that bird I'm reminded of this.

Good job Schmorky

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

See, I know it's not from here, but...

God that sign got stolen a lot...

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Just Offscreen posted:

Every time I see that bird I'm reminded of this.

Good job Schmorky

Oh god this is too catchy.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Or maybe not.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Evilreaver posted:

Officer, you gotta believe me, I got a bad wrap!

UGGHHHHHHH

I love you

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

pik_d posted:

Searching for a good chili cheese dog image, I found this:

Chile cheese dog enchiladas.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5JIpT4GkyM

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

tribbledirigible posted:

On the subject of fake medals:

He doesn't even have the "Wintered Over" device on his Antarctica Service Medal. Snowbird.

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH

Elfface posted:

See, I know it's not from here, but...

God that sign got stolen a lot...

I might be alone on this, but I'd rather have the 'Finglesham Deal' sign. Please welcome to the stage...

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
:nws:For Wolf Job:nws:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

why

sesame_samuel_
Dec 24, 2012

Pork Pro
It was the most erotic moment of her life.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
:nws:More Wolf Job:nws:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

please no more
\

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
No no I never want it to end. I love wolf job <3

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

I've been on that platform. I get it.

edit: It's the State Speech and Debate Championships.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
And why is it always the fat guy who thinks black on black is a sound fashion choice?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

And why is it always the fat guy who thinks black on black is a sound fashion choice?

Because they read/heard somewhere that wearing black is slimming and it's a way to make them look a few dozen hundred pounds lighter.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Cleaning food stains from a white shirt is a lot of work.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hey, big ups to him for not wearing a solid red tie.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Let that be a lesson to fat, neckbeardy goony goons everywhere. You - just being you - are literally more awkward than a guy throwing up on stage for no reason in front of probably hundreds of people.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think black on black looks OK as long as you have a different colored jacket or a vest or something. Suit-wise at least. Not being fat also helps of course.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

fullroundaction posted:

Let that be a lesson to fat, neckbeardy goony goons everywhere. You - just being you - are literally more awkward than a guy throwing up on stage for no reason in front of probably hundreds of people.

I want to argue with this, but I *did* notice porkchops first, so you may have a point there.

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013
efb

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

I like that guy on the right, I can't help but look at him and see him as saying "Why, vomit, why would you do this to me?"

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

I'd like to think this is for a championship related to not barfing in public and whelp guess number 6 gets to move up a spot.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Haruharuharuko posted:

I'd like to think this is for a championship related to not barfing in public and whelp guess number 6 gets to move up a spot.

Hopefully after they clean the podium.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Haruharuharuko posted:

I don't know, I kind of like the idea that even though he's currently vomiting at the time of the photo, he still came in before #6.

Edit: Also that 7 and 8 throw up so often they couldn't stand still long enough for the photo to get organized.

davebo has a new favorite as of 18:57 on Apr 4, 2014

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Hopefully after they clean the podium.

No. What do you think this is?
If he slips he has had it too.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Then...then what the gently caress DO they do?!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Just Offscreen posted:

The N stands for NO.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Just Offscreen posted:

It's an exciting new business model where the company gives people things in exchange for checks and cash.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
The sign on the window seems to be for a different business. I wonder if they rebranded or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Mescal posted:

It's an exciting new business model where the company gives people things in exchange for checks and cash.

No. No cash.

• Locked thread