Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
He only had the iPhone 5? Ha. Loser.

edit: :page3:

plane still not found :iiam:

DEAR RICHARD fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Its gone guys.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

Its gone guys.

I still have hope!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

DEAR RICHARD posted:

He only had the iPhone 5? Ha. Loser.

edit: :page3:

plane still not found :iiam:

Quick update RE missing plane; I found it everybody! It was behind the sofa cushion, yes the one I already checked twice. Isn't that always the way? Anyways good shoot everybosy take carte.

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
Better dead than trapped in a time space anomaly wherein the same jokes are made in the same sequence in a gbs thread forever

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

never trust an elf posted:

Better dead than trapped in a time space anomaly wherein the same jokes are made in the same sequence in a gbs thread forever

Bermuda Triangle Black Hole Quantum Dimension.... FOREVER.

James Polk
Jun 18, 2010

I was born in a farmhouse in Pineville, North Carolina
I was considering the title of this thread, and what it meant, when it dawned on me. We all knew someone on that plane. Her name is Innocence. And she died that day.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011
Is the plane still hiding?

tolerabletariff
Jul 3, 2009

Do you think I'm spooky?
Three words: alien. human. hybrid.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

tolerabletariff posted:

Ancient Aliens really makes you think. How did so many cultures learn to build pyramids?

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!
You know planes should have miniature pyramids built in them.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You know that big plane graveyard in Tucson, AZ, or just outside there abouts? Has anyone looked there? Cuz you could easily lose a plane in that place.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

tolerabletariff posted:

Ooh, look. It's Mulder crying aliens. What else is new.

Hey! Guess what! Your sister was abducted and murdered by a serial killer

mackensie
Apr 17, 2002
Well, now we know.

http://www.disclose.tv/news/Russian_Media_MH370_In_Pakistan/101809

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Skipjack posted:

plane achieved warp factor 10 and now exists at every point in the universe simultaneously and the passengers and crew evolved into lizards and are just chillin out and loving each other all the time. wrap it up.

Sick reference to the 'ger, bro. I couldn't let it pass unnoticed.

mckenna
Jan 19, 2005

I've done... questionable things
Am I right in saying that, even if the black box / CVR is eventually found, it's unlikely we'll never know why this plane was diverted and ditched into the sea?

The perpetrator in this case would hardly have been allowed to take the plane out to sea without some resistance, so would have had to dispose of the other pilot (assuming a pilot is responsible) and locked himself in the cockpit. Unless he stated his reasonings to pile of goo that used to be his best friend's face, it's gonna be silence on that CVR.

We're left with what? Instrument readings throughout the flight and pilot input on the controls? Rotting bodies? Sweet, sweet mangosteens?

Did one of the pilots definitely do it? Fire onboard seemed plausible, but if bits of the plane turn up where the current search is taking place, it seems unlikely it could have ended up there without human intervention.

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

mckenna posted:

Am I right in saying that, even if the black box / CVR is eventually found, it's unlikely we'll never know why this plane was diverted and ditched into the sea?

The perpetrator in this case would hardly have been allowed to take the plane out to sea without some resistance, so would have had to dispose of the other pilot (assuming a pilot is responsible) and locked himself in the cockpit. Unless he stated his reasonings to pile of goo that used to be his best friend's face, it's gonna be silence on that CVR.

We're left with what? Instrument readings throughout the flight and pilot input on the controls? Rotting bodies? Sweet, sweet mangosteens?

Did one of the pilots definitely do it? Fire onboard seemed plausible, but if bits of the plane turn up where the current search is taking place, it seems unlikely it could have ended up there without human intervention.

We already know the plane is now in space arming itself for sept 11th ver 2.0.

James Polk
Jun 18, 2010

mckenna posted:

It's gone, man. It's just... gone. It's gone. That plane? loving gone. It's gone.

Outpulse
Feb 11, 2009
I think i'm going to give up on the magnosteens

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

But really though how is this still considered "breaking news" on CNN? It's gone.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
I had a dream the other night that they found the plane. It was barely off the coast line and completely intact under the water. Some dude was just standing there during the report pointing at it like "Ya it's right here. Don't know how we missed it."

How do I get in touch with CNN with this breaking news?

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

seventeen posted:

I had a dream the other night that they found the plane. It was barely off the coast line and completely intact under the water. Some dude was just standing there during the report pointing at it like "Ya it's right here. Don't know how we missed it."

How do I get in touch with CNN with this breaking news?

Caller you're on the air, Line 1...Go for Wolf Blitzer

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Has anyone said terrorists yet

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
It's a little out there, but my new theory is that the plane may have been hijacked

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

mckenna posted:

Only the last two hours will be on the CVR, although the Flight data recorder holds 24 hours. If the last two hours of the tape are mostly silent it would be telling that only one person is in the cockpit, etc. Or if it's totally silent(no breathing, using of the controls) it will tell you nobody was in the cockpit. So it will still give some information, but motivations, that cannot be said for sure.

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

It's a little out there, but my new theory is that the plane may have been hijacked

yeah fuckin poseidon hijacked that fucker right into the ocean. thats a fact id say

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

mstrkrft posted:

yeah fuckin poseidon hijacked that fucker right into the ocean. thats a fact id say

The pilot offended Poseidon before take off and the plane now has to wander to atone.

He'll make it home eventually, but everyone one else will be eaten by a cyclops, turned to pigs, or eaten by Charybdis or whatever I dunno it's been years since I read the Odyssey

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
The plane has been lost...lost in

A team of top scientists is working on finding it...

But will they survive the mission themselves?

STAY TUNED!

gnarlyhotep fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 4, 2014

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
you forgot IN COLOR

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

bonestructure posted:

you forgot IN COLOR

crap youre right

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/04/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane-spotters/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

:allears:

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

just an fyi the plane is still missing.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

gnarlyhotep posted:

crap youre right

What kind of sound? Also, what was it filmed in?

At this point, the plane survivors have fully acclimated to their new island home, and have no doubt set up a leadership council or some such.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

How long do the CVR and FDR have before they die?

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

mstrkrft posted:

But really though how is this still considered "breaking news" on CNN? It's gone.

They lost their "Developing Story" and "Update!" tiles, so they have to use "Breaking News" for everything.

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

genesplicer posted:

They lost their "Developing Story" and "Update!" tiles, so they have to use "Breaking News" for everything.

Were they on the plane too??

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

Spaced God posted:

Forever unless they were damaged in the crash or had their circuit breakers pulled at the beginning of the adventure

James Polk
Jun 18, 2010

mstrkrft posted:

just an fyi the plane is still missing.

I don't think so... Pretty sure I would've read that ITT

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Spaced God posted:

FDRs been dead for like 100 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I do wonder where is that airplane.

Chinatown, what do you think of the current situation?

• Locked thread