Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Alright, a long time coming but here we are:

I have compiled most of the information in this thread that is helpful, a guide, or a helpful guide into one google spreadsheet (connected to other google docs). This should a) help us keep account of useful things we create and b) prevent forums fuckery and people who don't have archives not being able to access this wealth of information in the future.

It's set to read only because, well, if it gets erased I don't really want to have to hunt down this info again. If you've written a guide, and would like editing access, please request permission and also PM me so I know its you.

I will also make a back-up just in-case.

Finally, if you create something or have created something that should go in the doc, please let me know so I can add it in. I have archives so just toss me a link and I'll work it in.

I still have some formatting things to do but for now, here you are. Nothing too fancy, but hopefully that'll change in the near future when I can touch things up. Please click the links, make sure nothing is broken or set to owner-only, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirigibleful
Mar 29, 2014

Rafzakael posted:

Alright, a long time coming but here we are:

I have compiled most of the information in this thread that is helpful, a guide, or a helpful guide into one google spreadsheet (connected to other google docs). This should a) help us keep account of useful things we create and b) prevent forums fuckery and people who don't have archives not being able to access this wealth of information in the future.

It's set to read only because, well, if it gets erased I don't really want to have to hunt down this info again. If you've written a guide, and would like editing access, please request permission and also PM me so I know its you.

I will also make a back-up just in-case.

Finally, if you create something or have created something that should go in the doc, please let me know so I can add it in. I have archives so just toss me a link and I'll work it in.

I still have some formatting things to do but for now, here you are. Nothing too fancy, but hopefully that'll change in the near future when I can touch things up. Please click the links, make sure nothing is broken or set to owner-only, thanks.

Thanks this is actually a lifesaver, I don't have archives so it's amazing

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Rafzakael posted:

All of them are from Pizza Lady :allears:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

How Rude posted:

All of them are from Pizza Lady :allears:

Pretty much; I need to sift through older OPs at some point and pull information from them too, but some of them may be outdated or need rewriting.

I myself was planning on rewriting Manyorcas' quest guide and bring it up to present day, but I don't remember if its really that old or not.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
It's looking great so far Rafzakael! I'll need to think of another cool guide that you can add to it, and soon you can just call it Pizza Docs.

Awesome username

Awesome Pirate and Kingly catching

Awesome... Jackal at Zanaris?

My Sailing Level is 20. :smug:

I also took the liberty of screenshotting almost all of the 'Mod forum' into an album (ignore the last four images, they're from the upload above) because it's more or less makes up for the mediocre update this week, and some of the obvious shots they're taking at their fanbase is pretty great to. I wonder how many of the posts are actually serious though cause they can't all be jokes.

Like this one. Which was accompanied by this photo.

From a known brony mod.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
I would buy a Fluttershy pet.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

FillInTheBlank posted:

Gonna get put on a list with that kind of talk

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

FillInTheBlank posted:

Leave this place.
Never return.

TheDirtyJerz
Feb 21, 2009

Shacklin' the masses with drastic rap tactics.

FillInTheBlank posted:

I'll make you my Fluttershy pet, hop in the van.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

TheDirtyJerz posted:

I'll make you my Fluttershy pet, hop in the van.

I like that we take abduction/rape jokes lighter than brony jokes.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Niavmai posted:

That's because we're cultured. :smug:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

subhelios posted:

That's because we're cultured. :smug:

Mmm, yes, quite. Resplendent. :golfclap:

TheDirtyJerz
Feb 21, 2009

Niavmai posted:

That's because as goons we're possessive of an unerring moral compass. We know that we'll be on the right side of history when the great euphoric brony joke versus rape joke war starts.

"Grandpa, why is there evil in the world?"

"Because sweetheart, when it came down to it, I thought brony jokes were a harmless little...o how I wish I was a goon."

Kempy
Dec 15, 2009

Hey guys,

I wanted to get back into Runescape (No idea why) but it has changed SO much I don't even know where to start really. I think I last played 7 years ago or so. I can remember barely anything about the game except the basic skills/rough locations of things. Anyways these are my stats and items

http://imgur.com/a/ETH2n

What's the easiest way to make a bit of bank?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Doing citadel will get you a pretty decent set of coins; as to self-sustaining, I would recommend knocking out quests and taking the free exp that you get from completing them (follow a guide, you can knock most of them out in a day or two depending on the quests). After you've done all the quests you can, your skills should be at a more average level, and you can move up to something different (like Slayer tasks) or farming.

I'm sure there are better ideas out there though, but the quests are a good starting place.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Probably best to start with quests to get the hang of things, join clan and work in the citadel for cashmonies.

Other than that, check out the runescape wikia for other ideas.

sKai white
Feb 5, 2014
I think this might be the best day ever.

http://imgur.com/D9U1YS2

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dirigibleful
Mar 29, 2014

sKai white posted:

I think this might be the best day ever.

http://imgur.com/D9U1YS2

I got a huge lamp from my first one

TheDirtyJerz
Feb 21, 2009

Dirigibleful posted:

I got a huge lamp from my first one

Let me tell you about my Lucky Saradomin Godsword... :chord:

Also, petitioning to get this thread's title changed to "Jortin' and Jortin' 2: The Electric Goonaloo"

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I hate receiving "lucky" weapons.

Dwarf
Oct 21, 2010
Got a lucky ACB, free 5m I guess.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Install Windows posted:

I hate receiving "lucky" weapons.

Uh... Just thought I'd tell you I was reading this on my IPhone and accidentally pressed report on your post... Sorry and what should I do about that?

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Well that takes you to a second screen to enter a reason for reporting and if you did nothing on that screen it'll be fine.

But if you did just PM the mods so you don't get probated for frivolous reports.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
If you don't agree that pure 200m coins and huge xp items are way more useful than the "lucky" items, we can't be friends. :colbert:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Install Windows posted:

If you don't agree that pure 200m coins and huge xp items are way more useful than the "lucky" items, we can't be friends. :colbert:

Back when lucky elysians had a cash in value of 240m I would have cashed out those instead.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Very interesting read here:

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/mod-mmg-on-myths-and-misconceptions

quote:

Our community is composed of 84% Men and 16% Women players and 90% play RuneScape in English. So what does the ‘average’ RuneScape Player look like?

quote:

To put that into perspective, our most fanatical top three players on the high scores #1 ‘S U O M I’ plays an average of 07:27.00 hours a day, #2 ‘Drumgun’ plays on average 13:06.00 and lastly #3 ‘Jake’ plays an average of 12:48.00 per day.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I am the 1% (assuming I didn't get banned).

Edit* poo poo nevermind I'm just a poor bastard. Confused millions with billions.

quote:

And despite rumours that everyone in RuneScape is very rich, the truth is only 1% of players have over 1 Billion GP in total wealth.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Who the gently caress can play for thirteen hours per goddamned day?

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Mod Mat K has some folks working on similar data for OldSchool RuneScape as well according to his twitter account. It should be pretty interesting to see how much of a divide there is between the two crowds of players, provided they actually publish the stats.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

quote:

So what does the ‘average’ RuneScape Player look like?

I don't want to know. :gonk:

e: Also worth quoting:

LuciferMorningstar posted:

because :catstare:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I don't want to know. :gonk:

Having seen the RSOF whiners on the Runescape Facebook page, I can tell you the spergs who complain about every update looks about as much as you'd expect.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Lobby time counts towards it. So if they just hang in there for extended periods of time.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Speaking as a guy who picked up this game in junior high, you absolutely can put thirteen hours a day into it if you're young and not spending a ton of time each day on other things. The bulk of their players are in the age bracket where you have enough free time to do that kind of crunch.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I just started playing OSRS after not playing this since like 2007, what skills typically provide the best profits? I want me a whip.

E: Also are bots a bad thing to talk about? gently caress chopping down 10 000 logs manually to level.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 5, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

No idea about osrs.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

E: Also are bots a bad thing to talk about? gently caress chopping down 10 000 logs manually to level.

Botchat is fine, but using bots these days is a quick way for your account to get nuked so... :shrug:

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I thought they didn't care because they got more money from allowing it to happen :(

How else can I make money then, I remember nothing.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 5, 2014

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

I thought they didn't care because they got more money from allowing it to happen :(

Are you not aware that most botters were on free accounts or what.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Install Windows posted:

Are you not aware that most botters were on free accounts or what.

I know, but I thought they didn't care/were bad at stopping it.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

I just started playing OSRS after not playing this since like 2007, what skills typically provide the best profits? I want me a whip.

Nature runecrafting and killing green dragons are solid money (500k+/hr), as is collecting herbs from chaos druids. Chaos druids and green dragons in the wilderness are even better now with the new loot bag, it lets you store a second inventory of loot in the wilderness and is a super common drop from wilderness monsters. Barrows is good money as always, if you have the levels for it (43 prayer, ~50 magic). The recent wilderness update introduced high level thieving chests in the deep wilderness that offer some of the best gp/hr in OSRS right now, but require 84 thieving. Farming ranarr is good supplemental income as well if you get teleports/patches unlocked.

That about sums up the reliable money methods I know of on oldschool, if you're into pvp there's always staking/pking but I dont really follow that scene enough to advise anyone on the topic.

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

I know, but I thought they didn't care/were bad at stopping it.

Yeah they figured out how to be good at stopping it. :shrug:

And they really didn't have an incentive to disable the anti-bot stuff only on the members servers or something, because that would be way too complicated.

• Locked thread