Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Almost every problem I've had with the network stream has been fixed by a browser refresh.

it's a shame it's so awkward to get back to the same point in a VOD after a refresh though - have to run trough the 5 second screen then take wild guesses at what point you were at with the thing jumping around 3/5 mins either side of where you're clicking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TheJoker138 posted:

He was legit stripped of the title for being an unreliable rear end in a top hat. In kayfabe it was taken away because he "wasn't defending it enough" or something.

Actually, the kayfabe reason wasn't far off from that - Tunney mentioned that he refused to make appearances and defend the title.

I don't think I kept up on the "Michaels is a big baby jerk" until the "lost my smile" thing, or perhaps earlier than that when Dean Douglas was awarded the title because Shawn (I guess) didn't want to lose to him.

Weird that a dude getting that kind of push and exposure would just be an rear end in a top hat and not show up? That's insane, especially considering what kind of legacy and career he wound up having.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Phenix Rising posted:

Actually, the kayfabe reason wasn't far off from that - Tunney mentioned that he refused to make appearances and defend the title.

I don't think I kept up on the "Michaels is a big baby jerk" until the "lost my smile" thing, or perhaps earlier than that when Dean Douglas was awarded the title because Shawn (I guess) didn't want to lose to him.

Weird that a dude getting that kind of push and exposure would just be an rear end in a top hat and not show up? That's insane, especially considering what kind of legacy and career he wound up having.

Shawn is the first to admit these days that his head was not in a good place at all when he was young. Between his ego and the drugs he was a pretty awful person. It's kind of amazing how much he was able to turn it around.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
"I want to main event Wrestlemania" coming up. Neat WWE career retrospective on Bryan.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Hell yeah more video packages. Get this poo poo up on youtube

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

this video packages ownnnssssss

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

that was pretty great

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The full reveal of the Mania set will be on the Live Legends of Wrestling panel tonight.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

The Shield putting each other over is so sweet :3:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

The Shield putting each other over is so sweet :3:

Ambrose: "Basically, Seth is a ninja"

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Does WWE have any involvement with Oculus? Otherwise this is the first non-WWE commercial I've seen on the Network.

E: N/m, a quick google search says 'yes' and I am a moron for not looking that up. :downs:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Does WWE have any involvement with Oculus? Otherwise this is the first non-WWE commercial I've seen on the Network.

It's has the WWE Studios logo on in.

Edit: Yeah, made by WWE Studios. Also starring Karen Gillian I just noticed.

Ric Flair REALLY giving the panel his all.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Apr 5, 2014

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Flair is being a loving buzz kill.

Probably hasn't had 10 drinks yet.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Ric Flair refuses to give Brock the rub.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Goddamn how sauced is Ric Flair going to be on Legends of Wrestling?!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Le Saboteur posted:

I don't know, but I think it's going to suck if his other apperances on the show are any indication.

Edit: Fandango and Summer Ray Have good chemistry together.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 5, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Fandango planning to put the Andre the Giant trophy next to his sex dungeon, it seems.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

That Ziggler bit owned, also are WWE selling Money in the Bank cases now?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

He's always like this. I don't know why they keep bringing him back if he's a complete mess who just shits on everything even if I sometimes agree with the things he shits on

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Yeah I don't think WWE really wants him shooting from the hip on the their Wrestlemania Today shows at least.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

TheJoker138 posted:

Shawn is the first to admit these days that his head was not in a good place at all when he was young. Between his ego and the drugs he was a pretty awful person. It's kind of amazing how much he was able to turn it around.

You get that vibe during the rivalries documentary with Brett. Some of the stuff he doesn't even remember and admits he was a huge rear end in a top hat back then

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Vintimus Prime posted:

You get that vibe during the rivalries documentary with Brett. Some of the stuff he doesn't even remember

Well according to Bret, Shawn was zoned the gently caress out on pills half the time, so that would make sense.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Young Shieky Baby was cut!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Young Sgt. Slaughter looked like Gallagher

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Fh_4Q7aio

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sorry, wrong thread.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Wow, those blade scars on some of these old dudes back in the '70s and '80s wrestling, like that Al guy.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Shima Honnou posted:

Wow, those blade scars on some of these old dudes back in the '70s and '80s wrestling, like that Al guy.

No one should ever have to see Dusty Rhodes's forehead in HD.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

It looked like some kind of Star Trek alien makeup.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Sigma posted:

No one should ever have to see Dusty Rhodes's forehead in HD.

Agreed

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Is there anything notable on these Wrestlemania Today shows?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Astro7x posted:

Not really. The wrestlemania moments countdown is ok but nothing you've not seen before.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Astro7x posted:

There is a three part series of Shield interviews, a Big E Wrestlemania diary video and the New age Outlaws making GBS threads on Josh Matthews for ten solid minutes.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Astro7x posted:

Some neat video packages that you'll probably see at some point anyway but are still cool.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the Wrestlemania Todays are really good

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Whoa. Mick's beard in HD. Looking forward to Legends of WM!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Welp, Flair looks like he doesn't want to be there already.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Flair's face looks swollen as hell.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Flair has no desire to be up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

They really should have had this in a quiet room like normal.

• Locked thread