Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Blasmeister posted:

The Drac/Waluigi match was better anyway :colbert:

Then nominate it. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Then nominate it. :colbert:

Neither were MOTYC worthy, imo - HM at best. Then again, people are nominating matches from this week's raw so maybe my standards are too high :v:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I'm not keeping track of your wwe14 matches.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

HM: Uhaa Nation vs Ricochet, Dragon Gate 3/6/14 - Open the Dragon Gate Championship match

Ricochet continues to kill it, and Uhaa is far, far too agile for his size and frame.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Zyla posted:

HM: Uhaa Nation vs Ricochet, Dragon Gate 3/6/14 - Open the Dragon Gate Championship match

Ricochet continues to kill it, and Uhaa is far, far too agile for his size and frame.

Second

Also HM: La Sombra vs. Dragon Rojo Jr., CMLL 2/25/14 - NWA World Middleweight Championship. I forgot to nominate that match like a month ago.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

Zyla posted:

I understand nobody fourth'ed my KENTA/Nagata MOTYC pick since they see it as more HM, so maybe I lack perspective on such matters. In light of that, HM for this seems fair given it was so soon after the Yoshino bout. Thirded. Uhaa looks like he may have re-injured the knee that he was out a year because of, but seeing that he did wrestle a tag match two days later and also issued a one-on-one match against YAMATO for next month's Korakuen Hall show, he's either helluva tough or has gotten much better at selling.

Regardless of distinctions, it's a good match people should check out. I suppose that's true of Dragon Gate in general.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

HulkaMatt posted:

I'm not keeping track of your wwe14 matches.

the one iron man match should have been on the end of year list but generally this is fair

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

ChampRamp posted:

Second

Also HM: La Sombra vs. Dragon Rojo Jr., CMLL 2/25/14 - NWA World Middleweight Championship. I forgot to nominate that match like a month ago.

Do you have a link for this?

Jackie D posted:

the one iron man match should have been on the end of year list but generally this is fair

gently caress off

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gavok posted:

HM: John Cena, Sin Cara, Kane, Bone Bender, Scooby Doo and Shaggy vs. Ghost Bear in a Steel Cage Match - Scooby Doo: The WrestleMania Mystery

3rd

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Rodney the Piper posted:

Do you have a link for this?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1efcbr_la-sombra-vs-dragon-rojo-jr-for-the-nwa-world-middleweight-championship_sport?search_algo=2

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Daryl Surat posted:

I understand nobody fourth'ed my KENTA/Nagata MOTYC pick since they see it as more HM, so maybe I lack perspective on such matters. In light of that, HM for this seems fair given it was so soon after the Yoshino bout. Thirded. Uhaa looks like he may have re-injured the knee that he was out a year because of, but seeing that he did wrestle a tag match two days later and also issued a one-on-one match against YAMATO for next month's Korakuen Hall show, he's either helluva tough or has gotten much better at selling.

Regardless of distinctions, it's a good match people should check out. I suppose that's true of Dragon Gate in general.

last year's criteria I would have MOTYC'ed rico/uhaa but with the new standard, my thought is **** = HM >**** = MOTYC

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Thauros posted:

MOTYC

Masato Yoshino vs. Ricochet - Dragon Gate - Champion Gate In Osaka 2014 - Day 1 - 03/01/14

Don't watch a ton of DG but I caught this in psp.tv tonight and it was terrific.

For those who missed it:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1hpzii_ricochet-vs-masato-yoshino-c-dragon-gate_sport

Late to the party of Nthing this. The athleticism and balance of these guys is second to none in the world right now. Really great post match too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Adam Cole and Mike Bennett vs The Briscoe Brothers (3/22 ROH TV)

The match was pretty good until Bennett speared Mark off the apron through a table, that was crazy and the last few minutes were great.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
HM: AJ Styles vs Michael Elgin - ROH TV - 03/29

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Adam Cole and Mike Bennett vs The Briscoe Brothers (3/22 ROH TV)

The match was pretty good until Bennett speared Mark off the apron through a table, that was crazy and the last few minutes were great.

Batista posted:

HM: AJ Styles vs Michael Elgin - ROH TV - 03/29

Seconding both of these. Saw them both live and I waited to watch them again online. I was going to nominate Styles/Elgin for MOTY but I realize that I'm far too bias since I'm a huge mark for Elgin.

They were both seriously awesome.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Brutal Burgers vs ReDRagon

I am probably the only person on the Earth who liked this match so much. Fish and O'Reilly delivered such a great beating, Bob's spots helping out Cheeseburger got progressively better and I just loved this match. Corino and Kelly marking out for the name "Axe and Smash" was pretty great too. It's rare I keep rewinding to watch parts of a match like I did during this.

Edit: I watched it again and I don't even think I'm crazy anymore. The match had a reason to exist, it was set up the week before. Fish and O'Reilly are bullies, they beat the poo poo out of Cheeseburger and he can't fight back. The only way he's able to get any offense in is when Bob helps him, and eventually Cheeseburger just gets isolated and gets his asskicked. By the end of the match you may not want to see Cheeseburger win, but you really want to see him do something to ReDRagon on his own, and he does! Then they kill him because they are bigger and better.

SylvainMustach posted:

Seconding both of these. Saw them both live and I waited to watch them again online. I was going to nominate Styles/Elgin for MOTY but I realize that I'm far too bias since I'm a huge mark for Elgin.

They were both seriously awesome.

MOTYC for AJ Styles vs Michael Elgin from the 3/30 ROH TV. AJ looked tremendous in this match other than the 450 botch (which looked brutal for Elgin so it doesn't really take away from the finish.) I didn't even mind that because early in the match he did the best moonsault reverse DDT I can remember him doing and then them calling back to him having already done it later. I loved the way Cole made sure there wouldn't be a winner too. Great stuff.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Mar 31, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Seconding the Cole/Bennett vs. Briscoes HM nomination and the Elgin vs. Styles MOTYC nomination.

ROH TV is on fire right now.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
okay I thought I'd be the only one, but since I'm not alone ill change my HM 2nd for Elgin/Styles to a 2nd for MOTYC.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nth Styles/Elgin for MOTY

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HM

Chris Hero vs. Masato Tanaka - Dragon Gate USA: Open the Ultimate Gate 2014

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Struggling between HM and MOTYC for

Ricochet vs. Johnny Gargano - Open the Freedom Gate Championship - Dragon Gate USA: Open the Ultimate Gate 2014

Put me down for MOTYC for now I guess. It was really great.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ChampRamp posted:

Struggling between HM and MOTYC for

Ricochet vs. Johnny Gargano - Open the Freedom Gate Championship - Dragon Gate USA: Open the Ultimate Gate 2014

Put me down for MOTYC for now I guess. It was really great.

sure, second

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
WMOTYC: Rolles Gracie & Daniel Gracie vs. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka, NJPW Invasion Attack 04/06

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

WMOTYC: Rolles Gracie & Daniel Gracie vs. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka, NJPW Invasion Attack 04/06

second

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Third

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Tomohiro Ishii vs Tetsuya Naito - NJPW Invasion Attack 04/06

Not as good as their first match, but these two are really great at wrestling each other, they built a strong match and got the crowd really into it, plus there was an adorable small child cheering for Naito the whole way through :3:

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

4thed

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC Ishii vs Naito INVASION ATTACK

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Haven't watched the show yet, but I keep being fascinated by the Gracies churning out WMOTYC after WMOTYC. By the end of the year the Flop 5 candidates for WMOTY will probably all be Gracie matches.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Doc and Anderson vs Shibata and Goto INVASION ATTACK

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

2nding based on that ending sequence alone.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

third

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Shinsuke Nakamura - NJPW Invasion Attack 04/06

Really well put together match, with Tanahashi being more heelish and the disgusting sleazebag that is Nakamura playing a face-in-peril for the early sections of the match. Momentum shifted realistically and sensibly and the crowd got worked up well as it progressed to a really drat good ending.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

second

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Shinsuke Nakamura - NJPW Invasion Attack 04/06

I'm giving it a MOTYC nod, to me that was the best of their three matches, though that may be because I was wide awake for it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think it was a little short for that, personally. Working Nakamura's knee for so long and then the relatively short amount of time on Tanahashi's arm (that didn't really go anywhere story wise) kept it from hitting the highs it could have. It is definitely the best match I've seen them have together though, and I really loved the ending.

Then the loving Gracies had to show up :sigh:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I thought the psychology in that match made no sense with Tanahashi going after the knee like crazy and then Nakamura just doing all his regular knee-based offense anyway.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Tomohiro Ishii vs Tetsuya Naito - NJPW Invasion Attack 04/06

MassRafTer posted:

Thauros posted:

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Shinsuke Nakamura - NJPW Invasion Attack 04/06
these

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Shinsuke Nakamura - NJPW Invasion Attack 04/06

Really well put together match, with Tanahashi being more heelish and the disgusting sleazebag that is Nakamura playing a face-in-peril for the early sections of the match. Momentum shifted realistically and sensibly and the crowd got worked up well as it progressed to a really drat good ending.

I'll third this, the high fly flows to the knee just didn't work for me to get it to the level I'd expect from a match like this. Didn't think it was as good as Ishii/Naito either which I thought was the most impressive Ishii has looked during this run.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Hi I counted the nominations for March:

MOTYC:
Kazuchika Okada vs. Kota Ibushi - NJPW Anniversary 3/6
Chris Hero vs. Adam Cole - ROH 12th Anniversary 3/10
Masato Yoshino vs. Ricochet - Dragon Gate 3/1
Michael Elgin vs. AJ Styles - ROH TV 3/22

HM
Andrew Everett vs. Cedric Alexander - ROH TV 2/22
Kevin Steen vs. Kyle O'Reilly - ROH TV 2/22
Shield vs. Wyatt Family - WWE Raw 3/3