Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Guys, its gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Polk
Jun 18, 2010

I was born in a farmhouse in Pineville, North Carolina

Chinatown posted:

Guys, its gone.

Gonna feel pretty dumb about posting this when it turns out it isn't gone

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So far what Chinatown has said is true so until we find out where the plane went Chinatown is right

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wish I knew Chinatown so he could be on the flight instead of posting the same thing over and over.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NFX posted:

I wish I knew Chinatown so he could be on the flight instead of posting the same thing over and over.

He registered on September 11th, 2001. This makes him the best authority on planes that we have.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

redshirt posted:

What kind of sound? Also, what was it filmed in?

That was part of the Time Tunnel intro. It was a big deal back then because a lot of shows (and a lot of television sets) were still black-and-white, so the announcer would intone "The Time Tunnel.... IN COLOR!" Man, I loved that show as a kid.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bonestructure posted:

That was part of the Time Tunnel intro. It was a big deal back then because a lot of shows (and a lot of television sets) were still black-and-white, so the announcer would intone "The Time Tunnel.... IN COLOR!" Man, I loved that show as a kid.

Sure, IN COLOR.

But I meant specifically, like "Panavision".

James Polk
Jun 18, 2010

No Gravitas posted:

He registered on September 11th, 2001. This makes him the best authority on planes that we have.

Maybe he is a plane? I think some planes went missing that day (considering controlled demolition took down the buildings...)

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

No Gravitas posted:

I do wonder where is that airplane.

"A-plane, a-plane, a-planey-OOOOOOHHH!"

"Have you checked the bureau?!"

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Spaced God posted:

How long do the CVR and FDR have before they die?

Probably a few hundred years.

A few centuries from now some advanced futuristic society will find the plane and have a paragraph or two about how earth circa 2000 was a bunch of idiots living in the dark ages etc.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
they're going to start looking under water now

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I sleep comfortably at night knowing in my heart of hearts that this plane experienced a major problem on board, of which the pilots did their best job to solve but were sadly unable to accomplish. Everyone is dead and it's probably the fault of a lazy engineer or mechanic.

Besides the loss of human life, the major issue here is the fact that we won't be able to gather any data from this event to incorporate in future changes to procedure or construction.

James Polk
Jun 18, 2010

No. 6 posted:

I sleep comfortably at night knowing in my heart of hearts that this plane experienced a major problem on board, of which the pilots did their best job to solve but were sadly unable to accomplish. Everyone is dead and it's probably the fault of a lazy engineer or mechanic.

Besides the loss of human life, the major issue here is the fact that we won't be able to gather any data from this event to incorporate in future changes to procedure or construction.

Sources please, this is wild conjecture. Sorry but you sound seriously crazy.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Seriously. The plane is either in the hands of Islamists in central Asia or at a secret US military base on an island in the Indian Ocean and you're loving dumb if you think otherwise.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

No Gravitas posted:

Since I no longer fully comprehend humor I will point out that you used to be able to pay to have your reg date changed to 9/11.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Totally TWISTED posted:

Since I no longer fully comprehend humor I will point out that you used to be able to pay to have your reg date changed to 9/11.

But it was 9/11 of whatever your reg year was, right?

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

No. 2001.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's still here, guys.

In all our hearts.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

Seriously. The plane is either in the hands of Islamists in central Asia or at a secret US military base on an island in the Indian Ocean and you're loving dumb if you think otherwise.

except that it crashed obviously and malaysia dumpster airlines obviously bought the civic DX version of the 777 which is why nobody can tell where it crashed.

also it probably crashed because of some hilarious pilot error like last time a 777 crashed.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Yeah because planes just "crash" so often, right? :rolleyes:

loving sheep

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

loving sheep
Thanks for the status update!

maxidious
Sep 25, 2007

Meh
If it's missing then how come it shows it's still flying?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/MAS370

Does Malaysian government have google or what.

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

maxidious posted:

If it's missing then how come it shows it's still flying?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/MAS370

Does Malaysian government have google or what.

ya right into the ocean lol

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

mstrkrft posted:

Another successful landing, cap!

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mstrkrft posted:

You sound like you know a little too much about this plane!

*tortures u*

mckenna
Jan 19, 2005

I've done... questionable things
They found it. Maybe.

http://www.thejournal.ie/signal-missing-plane-1400022-Apr2014/

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

It'll turn out to be a dolphin wearing a radio transmitter.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
It May not be from the MH370? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26902127

Well the battery in the Black Box runs about 30 days, so have we lost another loving plane within that time? We really need to get less forgetful and start concentrating where we put poo poo down.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Guys I think I found it. I can't believe no one tried google yet!

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

If that's really true, it's a whole new arms race. Seems like there's quite a bit of Western technology combined with US and NATO military pride on stake here. If the Chinese really found it, we can only hope that a NATO submarine can tow it away and re-find it.

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.
Man, if they actually did find it, what were the odds of blindingly finding the drat thing from the pinger? Needle in a haystack metaphors galore here.

Let the conspiracy theories about China knowing where to look commence.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!
Why not build some machine that can see underwater really well. Kinda obvious no, loving useless scientists doing nothing

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

myshl0ng posted:

Why not build some machine that can see underwater really well. Kinda obvious no, loving useless scientists doing nothing

Something like this might work both ways if you substitute creep with plane. Just a quick idea.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!
In Prometheus they had these scanner balls so why not take some hints. No wonder everyone hates NASA they lazy as poo poo, put some of that brainpower to use.

Skipjack
Sep 11, 2007

I prefer a quiet station,
thank you.
Indian Ocean found to be full of all sorts of floating debris. Soon to be found to generate all sorts of weird and wonderful noises!

James Polk
Jun 18, 2010

Maybe there's enough floating debris to just build a new plane? Then we can all shut up about this? :mysterysolved:

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Unless another plane crashed there and we don't know about it, it's probably MAS370, surely?

Especially with the short battery life.

maxidious
Sep 25, 2007

Meh
It's found guys

http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/releases/2014/april/mr010.aspx

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I need Chinatown's opinion on that he really knows his poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
haha someone illegally dumping old black boxes in the ocean has to be a possibility right?

• Locked thread