Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Something I forgot to mention

I like how the World Security Council were shown to be not horribly lovely people. They rejected Pierces promise of security. I loved how the Indian member just straight up told him to gently caress off. they were really good about exploring just how much security is worth

I really cannot get over how amazingly awesome Falcon was. Anthony Mackie was a great choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I like how the World Security Council were shown to be not horribly lovely people. They rejected Pierces promise of security. I loved how the Indian member just straight up told him to gently caress off. they were really good about exploring just how much security is worth

What is there to like, praise our nazi-fighting overlords?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

fatherboxx posted:

What is there to like, praise our nazi-fighting overlords?

Well, when The Thematic part of it. I mean people have accepted horribly oppressive governments and policies in the name of security. And the Security Council was being offered a place at the side of the Throne, and they refused.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

The MSJ posted:

Bruce Banner: And your actress buddy, is she a spy too? Do they start that young?
Natasha Romanoff: I did.

Good catch. TWS is my new favorite Marvel film. They did a better job portraying how Cap would fight than every other film. The ship scene at the beginning was such a badass action scene, reminded me of all the great 80s action films.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Such an amazing movie, could barely believe it was a superhero movie.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Hahahahahaha. Beautiful.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I would have thought the multiple characters with super powers jumping around the place and mustache twirling super-villains would have given it away.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Definitely agree that the fight scenes were pretty awesome, and I got to continue to play my game of "spot pro wrestling moves." Cap pulls off a pretty nice Shining Wizard and German Suplex.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

PunkBoy posted:

Definitely agree that the fight scenes were pretty awesome, and I got to continue to play my game of "spot pro wrestling moves." Cap pulls off a pretty nice Shining Wizard and German Suplex.
But does he bridge it?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

achillesforever6 posted:

But does he bridge it?

I need to see it again, but I think he does!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I keep forgetting to talk about Mackie. Dude owned that role so hard. It's hard to hate that guy in anything really. I loved his "Man, shut the hell up." That was both a great line, and a badass delivery. I'm glad he's in Marvel movies now and I hope they don't skimp out on throwing him into The Avengers. Even if it's just a small cameo.

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting evil with cups of tea and crippling self-doubt.

sleepingbuddha posted:

Good catch. TWS is my new favorite Marvel film. They did a better job portraying how Cap would fight than every other film. The ship scene at the beginning was such a badass action scene, reminded me of all the great 80s action films.

This scene was fantastic for showing just how hard a Cap punch would be. Dudes go flying when when he drop kicks them. I think the shield gets embedded in a wall at one point.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

I keep forgetting to talk about Mackie. Dude owned that role so hard. It's hard to hate that guy in anything really. I loved his "Man, shut the hell up." That was both a great line, and a badass delivery. I'm glad he's in Marvel movies now and I hope they don't skimp out on throwing him into The Avengers. Even if it's just a small cameo.

I think it's already been confirmed he won't be in the Avengers.

They should have him and Don Cheadle do a one-shot about what their characters were busy doing during Avengers 2.

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
I want Falcon, War Machine, and Iron Man flying around loving poo poo up.

Is that too much to ask?

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting evil with cups of tea and crippling self-doubt.

Codependent Poster posted:

They should have him and Don Cheadle do a one-shot about what their characters were busy doing during Avengers 2.

They should do an Avenger b-team one shot. Falcon, War Machine and Sif fight mid-ranking crime.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nadir posted:

I want Falcon, War Machine, and Iron Man flying around loving poo poo up.

Is that too much to ask?

Same. gently caress. That makes me kinda sad.

Oh well. Falcon needs his own movie or something soon.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

goldenoreos posted:

I just watched Cap 2 and I really enjoyed it. For me it was the first above average Superhero film in general since Avengers. What was surprising about this film was how memorable the music was (especially Winter Solider's theme) since I don't usually get too attached to the scores in MCU films.

From the Mid Credits Scene I could tell that it was a gently caress you to Fox for adding in Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch
Actually it was the opposite. Whedon announced he was using the characters first and then Fox announced their use of the character afterwards. Apparently Quicksilvers role in DOFP was originally written for a young Juggernaut scene, then rewritten to use Quiksilver.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think Cheadle is confirmed to be in Avengers 2.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Cheadle apparently has some appearance in Age of Ultron but I would be really surprised if it was anything other than a brief appearance with Pepper while they decide how to have Tony put the suit back on again.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Dacap posted:

Actually it was the opposite. Whedon announced he was using the characters first and then Fox announced their use of the character afterwards. Apparently Quicksilvers role in DOFP was originally written for a young Juggernaut scene, then rewritten to use Quiksilver.

Oh I knew that Fox added them in afterwards. I was just saying that Marvel took the chance to show them off first before DOFP came out.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

goldenoreos posted:

Oh I knew that Fox added them in afterwards. I was just saying that Marvel took the chance to show them off first before DOFP came out.

Smart thing would have been to actually name them.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Waterhaul posted:

Smart thing would have been to actually name them.

Yeah, I was explaining who they and Strucker are to my non-comic reading friends after the movie.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

They should have Jeremy Renner do a Hawkeye one-shot about where the gently caress he was during Cap 2, since, y'know, he's ostensibly a SHIELD agent too and would be affected by recent events.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

TwoPair posted:

They should have Jeremy Renner do a Hawkeye one-shot about where the gently caress he was during Cap 2, since, y'know, he's ostensibly a SHIELD agent too and would be affected by recent events.

I'm assuming Avengers 2 will answer that, my guess based on the set photos is in Eastern Europe going after Strucker, Wanda and Pietro

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

TwoPair posted:

He was drinking in his apartment.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TwoPair posted:

He was on vacation, all right?

Though a Hawkguy one-shot would be great.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Hawkeye was too busy catching up on this season of Dog Cops.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gavok posted:

That would have been such an incredible stinger. Just his phone ringing constantly while he ignores it, sitting on his couch eating pizza and watching dog cops

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Dacap posted:

I'm assuming Avengers 2 will answer that, my guess based on the set photos is in Eastern Europe going after Strucker, Wanda and Pietro

I would put money on this for sure. Especially considering all the talk about giving Hawkeye more of a focus in Avengers 2.

Edit: Though Cap 2 Spoiler Following Strucker seemed convinced in his little speech that nobody knew about that facility, which makes sense given the Hydra infiltration of shield

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Whizbang posted:

He was drinking in his apartment.

My ideal one shot would honestly be something like this, just Hawkguy doing boring poo poo. Then at the end Clint checks the mail, wonders why he hasn't gotten his paycheck yet, and tries to go to SHIELD's accounting department only to find the building demolished.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Were there two credit scenes? I had to leave after the first one and heard there were two.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kingtheninja posted:

Were there two credit scenes? I had to leave after the first one and heard there were two.

The second one isn't anything special, just Bucky at the Smithsonian looking at the James Barnes exhibit from earlier in the movie.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

prezbuluskey posted:

Such an amazing movie, could barely believe it was a superhero movie.

It is a movie in which a double nazi mad scientist, whose mind has been transplanted into a talking 1970s computer, gives an expository monologue about his plan to take over the world and destroy freedom.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

If you're looking for a thoughtful exploration of big data and the surveillance state you won't find it in Cap 2. You will however find a good time.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

muscles like this? posted:

The second one isn't anything special, just Bucky at the Smithsonian looking at the James Barnes exhibit from earlier in the movie.

I disagree. It was very special. Plus it was the closest thing we'd get to a recreation of my favorite scene from the Winter Soldier comic arc.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

So did anyone spot any easter-eggs in the scene where the Satellite grid zooms in on various targets?

I thought I saw "Anthony Stark", not sure if there were any others of significance.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I now like Black Widow. In Iron Man and Avengers every other shot was her jumping and taking someone down and going into that half prone landing and then looking up dramatically. She is now a fleshed out character and I love it. Cant wait for GotG.

PS what was the pulp fiction reference?

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

PupsOfWar posted:

So did anyone spot any easter-eggs in the scene where the Satellite grid zooms in on various targets?

I thought I saw "Anthony Stark", not sure if there were any others of significance.

it was a lot of familiar names.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Including the fictitious president. And they namedropped Stephen Strange more explicitly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

PupsOfWar posted:

I think Marcus Johnson was there. That was the current Nick Fury Jr's old name.

• Locked thread