Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

Also, Kouta's actor is amazing and really sells his emotions.

The only bad thing about Gaim is that Kouta's suffering means we will never see him do his goofy grins again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

TerminusEst13 posted:

The only bad thing about Gaim is that Kouta's suffering means we will never see him do his goofy grins again.

Either in this thread or the general toku thread somebody said that Kouta was a Red ranger stuck in a Kamen Rider series, and that seemed about right to me.

EDIT: Do all the lockseeds have a gashapon version? I want to throw money at a spandex show and if the gashapon versions are cheaper I may just do that.

Fooley fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 5, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Heisei. Sorry. That's what happens when you make 8 AM phone posts after a night of work. :doh:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Fooley posted:

Either in this thread or the general toku thread somebody said that Kouta was a Red ranger stuck in a Kamen Rider series, and that seemed about right to me.

EDIT: Do all the lockseeds have a gashapon version? I want to throw money at a spandex show and if the gashapon versions are cheaper I may just do that.
Baron was almost Captain Marvelous, too. The main cast of this show is so great.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
So latest episode spoiler:

Jesus we got a shitton of new information. Sagara, S-type lockseed and the freaking overlords. As always, kouta goofy moments are amazing and a welcome breather.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

scaterry posted:

Jesus we got a shitton of new information. Sagara, S-type lockseed and the freaking overlords. As always, kouta goofy moments are amazing and a welcome breather.

I like how even with the impending apocalypse, trying out new toys never gets tiresome. Yet another good Gaim episode.

Dat next episode preview (linked for spoilers): http://i.imgur.com/8xmASOP.jpg

jonjonaug fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 6, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

scaterry posted:

Also did you notice Sagara's avatar when it entered the Den of the overlords was a Snake? and in the preview his outfit is looking a bit like a snake skin pattern. It seems like we've all already eaten the forbidden fruit.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Episode 24 is out.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Aesir released this just as my friend and I finished our impromptu 8-episode marathon from 15 to 23. He was skeptical at first, like a lot of people, but after poo poo started going down he just couldn't stop watching. This is really great timing, and completely accidental.

He's been theorizing about the energy lockseeds and I, personally, think they're all analogous to Kuuga's color forms. Lemon is Red/Mighty, Cherry is Blue/Dragon, and spoilered for recent reveals and speculation, Peach is Green/Pegasus, and Melon is probably Purple/Titan.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Wow Micchy is much more insufferable than I thought with that exchange with the other student. So condescending and smug.

Also, the chills as that green overlord started speaking Japanese.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

This is your reminder that since it's debut appearance two episodes and a crossover special ago, Kachidoki Arms has more victories under its belt than all of Barons forms combined.

Christ, Jojo isn't even speaking a human tongue in this poo poo and I still find him a much more interesting character than Kaito.

Also I self-identify as this kid on the right whenever Micchy is talking. http://i.cubeupload.com/tpj3EJ.png

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 7, 2014

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rei_ posted:

This is your reminder that since it's debut appearance two episodes and a crossover special ago, Kachidoki Arms has more victories under its belt than all of Barons forms combined.

Christ, Jojo isn't even speaking a human tongue in this poo poo and I still find him a much more interesting character than Kaito.

Also I self-identify as this kid on the right whenever Micchy is talking. http://i.cubeupload.com/tpj3EJ.png

Honestly, I feel kinda bad for Kaito. He needs to get his poo poo together and pull his head out of his rear end, but I feel he has the potential to be a much better sidekick for Kouta than Micchy was. Especially because Micchy has become a ruthless, corrupt little bastard while Kaito's tryhard too-cool-for-school attitude was always funny to me, but has become an endearing sort of funny since he's just trying so drat hard not to get left behind. He's a depressed kid trying to be cool, and failing, and though he talks a tough game he's not as bad as he likes to think he is. Again, once his head's out of his rear end, all will be okay.

I hope he gets an upgrade soon.

Maybe if the Overlords are sufficiently bored, the red one might toss him a bone the way Sagara did for Kouta.

It's not even a "oh he's so angsty and dreamy" sort of thing, it's a "c'mon kid, get it together, you can do it" thing.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

There are still people who think Micchy is a heroic character. I just want to put that down there.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I want to add that while Kaito's acts like a complete rear end and tries to make people think he is, he's shown himself to be a fundamentally decent guy when the chips are down. And unlike Micchy, he's earnest enough not to try to have his cake and eat it too. Basically, Kaito is neither truly an rear end nor a nice guy.

He's a Nice rear end.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

With that coat, it's hard to tell.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I hope he gets an upgrade soon.

Maybe if the Overlords are sufficiently bored, the red one might toss him a bone the way Sagara did for Kouta.

He's getting Lemon Energy Arms this month. It's not quite the upgrade he needs (because that's really weak now, he'd need a Kachidoki-equivalent) but it's something.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I want to add that while Kaito's acts like a complete rear end and tries to make people think he is, he's shown himself to be a fundamentally decent guy when the chips are down. And unlike Micchy, he's earnest enough not to try to have his cake and eat it too. Basically, Kaito is neither truly an rear end nor a nice guy.

He's a Nice rear end.

He's okay with humanity getting destroyed if only to prove his social darwinism, and has joined with Ryouma's group, right now the most blatantly evil side in this series, for that sake.

I'm sorry to say but Kaito is hardly a fundamentally decent anything, he's just not quite as much of an rear end in a top hat as certain other characters.

The only Nice rear end in the series is Takatora.

For this episode, I'm now even more convinced that Sagara is an Overlord himself, but is rebelling for some reason. What that reason is, I do not know, but I'm so drat curious. Sagara is basically the best character in a series with about five or six best characters, and it's great, and he gets better every episode.

Considering the other Overlords are Red and Green (and are, respectively, violent and intelligent), obviously reflecting Kaito and Micchy, we can guess that Sagara is the Orange Overlord (considering Kachidoki is basically an upgraded Orange Arms visually, too), and is meant to be the counterpart to Kouta himself. We'll see how that turns out, but it's a probably safe bet.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Based on the new Overlord, I'm guessing that there'll be an Overlord to correspond to the main Armor types and maybe some invess types as well. The Red overlord parallels to Baron's type, the Green one parallels Ryugen due to the Chinese motifs and additionally to the Green Inves for the same motifs. There'll likely be a Blue one that should parallel the Gaim/Zangetsu armor and the Blue invess.

Blaze Dragon posted:

For this episode, I'm now even more convinced that Sagara is an Overlord himself, but is rebelling for some reason. What that reason is, I do not know, but I'm so drat curious. Sagara is basically the best character in a series with about five or six best characters, and it's great, and he gets better every episode.

Considering the other Overlords are Red and Green (and are, respectively, violent and intelligent), obviously reflecting Kaito and Micchy, we can guess that Sagara is the Orange Overlord (considering Kachidoki is basically an upgraded Orange Arms visually, too), and is meant to be the counterpart to Kouta himself. We'll see how that turns out, but it's a probably safe bet.

Edit:If they're following the Invess colors, then Sagara would be Blue, particularly since Gaim is also Blue, though his main lockseeds are Orange

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 7, 2014

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

[snipped to avoid CIA document thread syndrome]

Neato on the first thing!

But having rewatched the series thanks to my friend wanting to binge on it with me, while Kaito clearly claims he wants to abandon the world, whenever the chips are down he keeps going back to do the right thing. Either helping his friends or even former rivals he now de facto treats as friends. He hasn't yet shown that he's willing to cross the lines that, say, Micchy is happily tiptoeing around. He's a giant poser, everyone can see it, and Ryouma at least seems interested in seeing if he really can walk the walk. When Kaito made his declaration for Chaos in the lab, everyone was laughing at him, and you get the feeling they don't take his declaration very seriously. Things could change in the future, like how Micchy turned out, but at the moment Kaito is just a sorry-rear end kid who wants people to acknowledge him.

He wouldn't be so angry or disillusioned with a "world full of deceit" if he didn't actually care enough deep down to be angry about it. He's just being a stupid kid about his anger.

Also I thought Sagara-as-Overlord was sort of a given at this point. The guy can make lockseeds stronger than anything Yggdrasil has seen and clearly knows more about Helheim that even Ryouma does. Also, hah, holographic Sagara-with-scarf talking not-Grongi with the other Overlords.

Xelkelvos posted:

Based on the new Overlord, I'm guessing that there'll be an Overlord to correspond to the main Armor types and maybe some invess types as well. The Red overlord parallels to Baron's type, the Green one parallels Ryugen due to the Chinese motifs and additionally to the Green Inves for the same motifs. There'll likely be a Blue one that should parallel the Gaim/Zangetsu armor and the Blue invess.

Edit:If they're following the Invess colors, then Sagara would be Blue, particularly since Gaim is also Blue, though his main lockseeds are Orange

He might be blue and white.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm going to put forth a theory I haven't seen anyone posit yet.

I think that DJ Sagara is just some guy who works for Yggdrasil. I also think that one of the Overlords is running around Zawame City masquerading as Sagara specifically to groom Kouta for...something.

It's totally possible that it's the same Sagara and the difference is probably pretty slim, but based on how Yggdrasil views Sagara, it strains my credibility that one of the Overlords knew enough about humans to develop a character to fly under the radar until it could enact its plan. Especially when the other two we've seen don't seem to know much about humans at all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Cracks have been opening for centuries now and overlords don't age. Sagara might have been visiting or even living on earth for all that time. It isn't weird that he has acclimated more than the overlords. However, if Sagara is an overlord just like red and green, why do the leia thing instead of going over to talk in person? Guy gets around, so even if he lacks the ability to create cracks he could always just jack a flower bike.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
So, would that mean the Mai lookalike is an overlord too? Somehow that doesn't really work for me.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
So what about these rumors that Gaim is going to be forced to end ten episodes early due to the world cup? :smith:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

So what about these rumors that Gaim is going to be forced to end ten episodes early due to the world cup? :smith:

Its pretty much a given that Super Hero Time is gonna go on hiatus during the World Cup, but I haven't heard anything about Gaim actually straight up ending.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

jivjov posted:

Its pretty much a given that Super Hero Time is gonna go on hiatus during the World Cup, but I haven't heard anything about Gaim actually straight up ending.

Yeah, it'll definitely go on hiatus at least but I have no idea where people are getting this Doomsday scenario of them ending it early. We've still go a final form and a lot of upgrades/character poo poo to go through, people!

Rei_
May 16, 2004

If the scans are anything to go by they're actually bringing in Kiwami Arms on track with other final form Rider reveals. It'd be weird to bring it in for like, the last three episodes.

And the shows ratings have always been somewhat secondary to toy sales, so as long as they can guarantee lock seeds and AC figures sell well (and by all accounts, and my own experiences the loving things are impossible to find) Gaim isn't really in THAT much danger.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Serious Frolicking posted:

However, if Sagara is an overlord just like red and green, why do the leia thing instead of going over to talk in person? Guy gets around, so even if he lacks the ability to create cracks he could always just jack a flower bike.

Sagara is just making a phonecall, no reason to go all that way just to briefly talk with them.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah, it'll definitely go on hiatus at least but I have no idea where people are getting this Doomsday scenario of them ending it early. We've still go a final form and a lot of upgrades/character poo poo to go through, people!

Part of it is based on interviews from the actress who plays Mai where she said the series was halfway over at that point. The interview was done around episode 17.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Xelkelvos posted:

Part of it is based on interviews from the actress who plays Mai where she said the series was halfway over at that point. The interview was done around episode 17.

She was probably referring to filming though, which would have been several episodes after that point though.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Not to mention copyrights for the next Rider and all the rumors that that entails!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's also the fact that the World Cup runs for a month. It's not like it'd be that big of a hiatus. It'd definitely be a lower episode count though, but no reason to end the show early.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Just looked up who's on writing duties for episode 25. Gen Urobuchi's backup writer for the next episode is Jin Haganeya, the author of Demonbane and Dra+Koi (and also pretty much the perfect person to get for a Bravo heavy episode).

Who's ready for a double dose of Nitro+?

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Episode descriptions for the next three episodes taken from /m/. Spoilers, obviously.

Episode 25: As he still doesn’t know what he really wants to do, Jounouchi has been following the patissier path at Oren’s shop. However, as he becomes more estranged from his friends, he loses his will to do anything, and Oren gets angry and finally kicks him out of the shop. Meanwhile, DJ Sagara appears in front of Ryouma and others, and explains to them that it’s been the role of the Helheim creatures to inspire evolution since before prehistoric times. Also, the Overlords talk about controlling the fruits with mystical powers.

Episode 26: Mai, having found out that Kouta is keeping things hidden, starts asking him probing questions. She finds out that Yuuya turned into an Invess and Kouta defeated him, and that that world is facing apocalypse. Having learned the truth, Mai can’t let Kouta shoulder the pain alone and she becomes determined to announce the truth of the crisis to the whole world. In this middle of this, Mitsuzane finds out that Kouta involved Mai in the danger, and goes into a rage…

Episode 27: Takatora offers himself as a test subject to Project Arc, believing that humanity is doomed. However, they can only produce enough Sengoku Drivers to save about 1 billion people, and he secretly agonizes over it. Meanwhile, Kouta visits the Helheim forest again, and runs into a lost Oren.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The latest episode was pretty great but what really got me excited was (movie spoilers) INUI TAKUMI IS IN THE MOVIE. Yeah Faiz was not a great series but I'm just pumped to see him back because I still think he's a cool character. It took me by surprise when I saw him in the final preview shots and had to rewind to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Dear lord how are we getting 20 more episodes of plot? What lies BEYOND this?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

jonjonaug posted:

Episode descriptions for the next three episodes taken from /m/. Spoilers, obviously.

Episode 25: As he still doesn’t know what he really wants to do, Jounouchi has been following the patissier path at Oren’s shop. However, as he becomes more estranged from his friends, he loses his will to do anything, and Oren gets angry and finally kicks him out of the shop. Meanwhile, DJ Sagara appears in front of Ryouma and others, and explains to them that it’s been the role of the Helheim creatures to inspire evolution since before prehistoric times. Also, the Overlords talk about controlling the fruits with mystical powers.

Episode 26: Mai, having found out that Kouta is keeping things hidden, starts asking him probing questions. She finds out that Yuuya turned into an Invess and Kouta defeated him, and that that world is facing apocalypse. Having learned the truth, Mai can’t let Kouta shoulder the pain alone and she becomes determined to announce the truth of the crisis to the whole world. In this middle of this, Mitsuzane finds out that Kouta involved Mai in the danger, and goes into a rage…

Episode 27: Takatora offers himself as a test subject to Project Arc, believing that humanity is doomed. However, they can only produce enough Sengoku Drivers to save about 1 billion people, and he secretly agonizes over it. Meanwhile, Kouta visits the Helheim forest again, and runs into a lost Oren.

I'm seriously looking forward to the inevitable Kouta/Mitchy showdown. Especially if Kouta finds out how connected Mitchy is to Yggdrasil.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Fooley posted:

I'm seriously looking forward to the inevitable Kouta/Mitchy showdown. Especially if Kouta finds out how connected Mitchy is to Yggdrasil.

Yeah, I'm waiting for something to go down along the lines of, "Micchi is the real villain because, alongside his various personal issues, he seems to have really drunk the Yggdrasil Kool-Aid, way more so than Takatora."

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah, I'm waiting for something to go down along the lines of, "Micchi is the real villain because, alongside his various personal issues, he seems to have really drunk the Yggdrasil Kool-Aid, way more so than Takatora."

I hope not. I feel watching Kaito grasp for power would be a much more interesting villain. Micchy honestly needs a bit of an anti-climax. He's got no actual strength of his own. He's simply riding his brothers name into a little be of influence which ultimately doesn't matter since the people he THINKS respect that secretly don't at all and are plotting their own poo poo. He says things like "I guess I'll have to make this idiot suffer more before he realizes..." and his general attitude towards Mai (See last episodes opening for them setting up the hilarious emotional devastation to come) have given him some delusions of grandeur. When Micchy's surprising yet inevitable betrayal happens it'll be effective in that it shocks Kouta, but the second everyone else starts making their moves I hope he's a defenseless, powerless fool.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The dude uses a loaded gun as a loving club. I mean, we're not exactly dealing with Sun Tzu here.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Man, I really want things between Kouta and Micchy to reach a head, just because if there's one thing Micchy needs, it's a punch in his smug condescending face and a humiliation. Also, Kouta's not exactly a idiot hero, he's been able to figure out things himself before, but he doesn't realize how his best friend is basically a two faced suspicious rear end in a top hat with a mysteriously never talked about brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Solaris Knight posted:

Man, I really want things between Kouta and Micchy to reach a head, just because if there's one thing Micchy needs, it's a punch in his smug condescending face and a humiliation. Also, Kouta's not exactly a idiot hero, he's been able to figure out things himself before, but he doesn't realize how his best friend is basically a two faced suspicious rear end in a top hat with a mysteriously never talked about brother.

Takatora isn't really "mysteriously never talked about" if Kouta just outright doesn't know that Mitsuzane has a brother.

• Locked thread