Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

tacodaemon posted:

I'm pretty sure this was featured in one of the Freep threads at one point: http://conservativewebbrowser.conservative-americans.com/

Hasn't Little Green Footballs been a pretty left wing site for a while now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Rudy
Oct 8, 2008

Taste The Rainbow!
A new conservative browser that sells their information and keeps them only on their sites...

Call it Bubble and give them all using it while secretly sending all their ad revenue to George Soros. So into this idea.

ColdSnickersBar
Apr 7, 2005

Mexicans are digging tunnels into the US! :tinfoil:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3140906/posts

quote:

To: MeshugeMikey
Militarize the border with Mexico. Let them interdict the invaders from the south. Enforce the border and defend the US from invasion—that’s what the military is supposed to do.

3 posted on 4/4/2014 12:45:30 PM by CitizenUSA (Sodomy and abortion: the only constitutional "rights" cherished by Democrats.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: CitizenUSA
Not according to the DummyCRATs
7 posted on 4/4/2014 12:48:03 PM by SandRat (Duty - Honor - Country! What else needs said?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

US warns Russia against gas hikes to hurt Ukraine
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3140736/posts

quote:

To: wetphoenix
Obama:
putin you be nice or I will hit you with my purse

5 posted on 4/4/2014 5:11:09 AM by South Dakota (shut up and build a bakken pipe line)

quote:

To: samtheman
How about the taxes that our government adds to the price of every little bit of energy products we buy....state tax & Federal Tax....

9 posted on 4/4/2014 5:40:06 AM by Sacajaweau

quote:

To: wetphoenix
The US does not seem to understand market economy. It thinks Russia should supply gas for free to a country with a regime hostile to Moscow? One moreover, that has a large debt in arrears outstanding to pay? Russia is not going subordinate its national interests to that of the US, the EU or any one else. If they want to supply Ukraine on their own with cheap gas - they’re welcome. But gas from Russia is not a Ukrainian entitlement. As usual - the West wants to have it both ways on Ukraine, whose being on the verge of bankruptcy was not created by Russia. Again, the West is free to pick up the slack for its new ally. It simply has no right to expect Russia to subsidize it.

14 posted on 4/4/2014 6:30:35 AM by goldstategop (In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever)

New revelations about mom killed by Capitol cops
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3140848/posts
The amount of power that they think Obama has is amazing. Apparently, nothing can happen without his hand being in it.

quote:

Sounds like she just took a wrong turn, panicked when she saw the Obama Gestapo - especially when they pointed guns at her - and she tried to get away, so they shot her. Hope and change did not end well for her.
1 posted on 4/4/2014 10:23:21 AM by GrandJediMasterYoda
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: GrandJediMasterYoda
Just my speculation here, but it would not surprise me if Miriam Carey were Barack Obama’s girlfriend and the baby boy his boy.

10 posted on 4/4/2014 10:34:35 AM by MeganC (Support Matt Bevin to oust Mitch McConnell! https://mattbevin.com/)

quote:

To: taillightchaser
Plus no doubt she’s an Obama voter, so logic is not one of her strong points.

15 posted on 4/4/2014 10:43:29 AM by GrandJediMasterYoda (Republican has "I can" at the end. Democrat has "rat". Any questions?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

I was right.
The capital police were so afraid that someone had it in for the big guy that they assumed this woman who made a wrong turn and panicked was attacking.

This is a case of murder that will never be prosecuted.

19 posted on 4/4/2014 10:52:54 AM by I want the USA back (Media: completely irresponsible traitors. Complicit in the destruction of our country.)

quote:

To: mass55th
Question.

Was she shot in back of the head before or after they took her kid out of the back window?

Non terminal women being starved to death for 13 days; Guns taken away from citizens so only criminals have them; Being told what to eat; Custody of children and loved ones in hospitals being taken without regard for families; The culling through rationed healthcare, though those who broke, and brake the law have more rights than citizens; The millions of children aborted that would have paid into social security; The targeting of speech and 401Ks; Millions on welfare, whether farmers (who are being persecuted and told what to grow and do with their land), military spouses or hard-working individuals cut to part-time due to govt. healthcare rules and can’t find a second and third ‘shovel-ready’ job.

I’ve seen this before...
Witnessed the brainwashing beforehand too.

It doesn’t end well.

22 posted on 4/4/2014 10:56:13 AM by AliVeritas (Pray/Penance. Isa 5:18-21,10:1-3 "Tempus faciendi, Domine, dissipaverunt legem tuam")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

quote:

I thought she was a black woman...is that true? No wonder the media has quickly shut up about it.

Also, the Navy Yard shooter...and the two Fort Hood shooters...

none of these, AFAIK, were “angry white males” of the “Tea Party”, so they get real, real, short storylines in the mainstream media....sure, they HAVE to report them...but then QUICKLY go on to something else....like Obama’s selfies.

26 posted on 4/4/2014 11:06:14 AM by SoFloFreeper
^
Yes, the following media organizations can't shut up about Obama's selfies:
-Free Republic
-

quote:

To: TheErnFormerlyKnownAsBig
If we were to begin killing people for making poor decisions have the people on FR would be in mortal danger. Cops, at all levels, have lost their minds.

5 posted on 4/4/2014 10:30:14 AM by HMS Surprise (Chris Christie can STILL go straight to hell.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

To: HMS Surprise
My minds is fully intact btw

41 posted on 4/4/2014 12:00:20 PM by TheErnFormerlyKnownAsBig (I am the Tea Party bully who took Mitch McConnell's milk money.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

ColdSnickersBar
Apr 7, 2005

Motorist who struck boy [and stopped to help] critical after mob attack
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3140893/posts
Detroit + violence = racism race realism

quote:

To: Lorianne
Detroit.

An unincorporated region hostile to civilization.

2 posted on 4/4/2014 12:05:26 PM by Westbrook (Children do not divide your love, they multiply it.)

quote:

Folks, go up to two or three hours out of your way to avoid going through african american communities.

If you have to go to an african american community, find a new job or hobby.

That’s your racist moment of the day.

3 posted on 4/4/2014 12:06:42 PM by Ted Grant

quote:

To: Ted Grant
Sad statement but 100% true. This sort of behavior is becoming the norm, not the exception in these communities.

4 posted on 4/4/2014 12:07:51 PM by Red in Blue PA (When Injustice becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty.-Thomas Jefferson)

quote:

From the suburbs, drives a pickup truck...I’m guessing THAT victim was no son of Obama! /s

5 posted on 4/4/2014 12:08:20 PM by Frank_2001

quote:

When they find the 6 or 7 attackers, Obama’s going to take them all out for a beer. For reconciliation.

6 posted on 4/4/2014 12:08:31 PM by samtheman

quote:

Detroit has reverted to tribal instincts.
No law, no order.

8 posted on 4/4/2014 12:15:15 PM by tennmountainman (Just Say No To Obamacare)

quote:

To: samtheman
Yeah, have we heard from the First Racist on this, yet? No????

10 posted on 4/4/2014 12:16:16 PM by Walrus (I love the America that used to be ---I hate tha America that now IS!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

Jungle apes and obamas relatives doing what they do best.

12 posted on 4/4/2014 12:28:50 PM by freeangel ( (free speech is only good until someone else doesn't like it)

quote:

To: Ted Grant
Five years ago, I drove from FL to WA, a drive I actually enjoy. A detour thru St. Louis sent me thru what seemed to be Mogadishu. Scary, especially for a woman alone.

13 posted on 4/4/2014 12:29:07 PM by Veto! (OpInions freely dispensed as advice)

quote:

In my limited and pitiful existence (59 yrs.),
I've had guns pulled on me,
Knives pulled on me,
and chased by Muggers,
By population segments determined by two parameters
1) Ages 16-25
2) Black Males

I grow eyes in the back of my head
when those conditions are met

I wish it wasn't true, but it is...
Wishing doesn't change my personal experiential database
And does not fix my "Bias"

19 posted on 4/4/2014 1:05:47 PM by HangnJudge

Never relax, etc.

quote:

To: wideawake
Nope, never watched it. Does it take place in Mogadishu, MO?

20 posted on 4/4/2014 1:08:40 PM by Veto! (OpInions freely dispensed as advice)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Veto!
Nope, never watched it. Does it take place in Mogadishu, MO?
I believe it takes place in East Mogadishu, Illinois.

22 posted on 4/4/2014 1:22:30 PM by Graybeard58 (God is not the author of confusion. 1 Cor 13: 33)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

quote:

Another thread on this story was from a CBS affiliate, and they identified the driver as white, and the mob as black.

25 posted on 4/4/2014 1:26:02 PM by Cyber Liberty (H.L. Mencken: "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.")

quote:

To: AEMILIUS PAULUS
‘Firmtive. Negro on Blanc.

28 posted on 4/4/2014 1:28:36 PM by Cyber Liberty (H.L. Mencken: "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

No, see, I used "blanc", too, so I can say "negro" because I'm speaking Latin!

Sorry for the long post, but just about every one of those were quotable. I just couldn't leave them unquoted.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

A valid question.

quote:

To: Kaslin

If there were really rock monsters, God could have used them to destroy all the evil people, and he could have saved ALL the animals, and an ark would be completely unnecessary. How would you stop a rock monster in ancient Biblical times????

19 posted on Friday, April 04, 2014 11:52:31 AM by cincinnati65

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
freerepublic.com: That’s your racist moment of the day.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Swan Oat posted:

freerepublic.com: That’s your racist moment of the day.

If anybody was thinking about refreshing the thread title (it's been a while), this would be it.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Paula Deen shuts down restaurant without telling employees

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3140948/posts

quote:

To: driftdiver

I don’t blame her for just shutting down with no comment as ANY comment could be used against her.

Talk about being unfairly tried and convicted in the court of liberal public opinion....

5 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 5:15:55 PM by GraceG

quote:

To: kingattax

Chit. If I were her, I’d close every d@mn one of my enterprises, sit on my pile-o-cash and ENJOY life from here on out.

Who needs this PC cr@pola?

8 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 5:16:44 PM by Diana in Wisconsin (I don't have 'Hobbies.' I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set...)

quote:

She said she’s paying severance and going to try to find them jobs. If she does that, she’s not a very bad employer. Should have been done at a company meeting, of course.

9 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 5:16:53 PM by miss marmelstein (Richard Lives Yet!)

A dissenter?

quote:

To: Cicero
Paula Deen's kitchenware is made in China. Yup, good ol' wave the flag Paula Deen doesn't give a drat about US workers anymore than any other "brander" does.

I despise those who put their name on Chinese crap. I despise the most the hypocrites who wave the flag while doing so.
18 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 5:23:06 PM by grania

quote:

Could be the first step in her going Galt.

16 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 5:21:39 PM by CARTOUCHE (I'm an Obamacare truant. Waiting on the truant officer to arrive.)

quote:

She can get help from her buddies Jesse Jackson or Michelle Obama.

Jesse Jackson declares his support for Paula Deen

Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr. attacked after tweeting that Paula Deen should not be destroyed
30 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 5:34:13 PM by nickcarraway

Paula Deen: LIEbral

quote:

To: GraceG

What are you talking about? She was every bit the lefty elitist who treated everyone else like dirt. Jesse Jackson was her biggest defender.

33 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 5:35:25 PM by nickcarraway

quote:

The woman has no class.

That's not how a lady, or a gentleman, closes a business.

I don't understand all the sympathy for Jimmy Carter's best friend.
37 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 5:40:15 PM by wideawake

Mom Grateful for Stranger Who Paid for Family Groceries: 'You Didn't Judge'

A stranger pays for the groceries of a family on food stamps. Ok, this is a pretty good story and I don't see how anyone could find anything wrong with it.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3140930/posts

We begin with a genuinely good post

quote:

I have no doubt that the 'Dead Beats' crowd here on FR will have plenty to say about this.

Seems that many peoples hearts have grown so hard that they no longer understand acts of just plain everyday kindness. They worry about being 'cheated' more then what an act of compassion can do for your own soul.

It really comes back to a point I have been driving recently. People scoff especially what I call the 'Dead Beat' crowd here on FR, because their hearts have become so harddened that they can no longer see the difference between the poor, the ill and the slothful.

To the poor and the ill the bible instructs us to help as we can:

'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' Matthew 25:45

"Whoever mocks the poor shows contempt for their Maker;" Proverbs 17:5

But the the Bible has plenty to say about the Slothful:

"04 The lazy man will not plow because of winter; He will beg during harvest and have nothing. Proverbs 20:4

"For while we were yet with you, we gave you this rule and charge: If anyone will not work, neither let him eat." 2 Thessalonians 3:10
1 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 3:51:32 PM by Kartographer

Of course that doesn't last long

quote:

To: Kartographer

“Whoever mocks the poor shows contempt for their Maker;” Proverbs 17:5

I only mock stuipid people who are “poor” due to their own damned stuipidiity, especially when they have items that are more expensive than my own and they spend their meager money frivolously and cannot manage their own money because their priorites are all screwed up.

2 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 3:55:40 PM by GraceG

quote:

“I have no doubt that the ‘Dead Beats’ crowd here on FR will have plenty to say about this. “

Wow, why are you starting out a post with such a judgmental first sentence? No one has even commented yet.

3 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 3:56:07 PM by MNDude

:ironicat:

quote:

Haitians are poor, there are no “poor” people in the US. Just those who have less then others, but that doesn’t make them “poor.”

5 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 3:57:04 PM by dfwgator

Yet another decent post

quote:

Nice story. I think if everyone, was able to do something kind to another (just a kind word, buy them a bottle of water, etc.) in their circle of influence (just around them, where they are), i can’t imagine how many paying-it-forward acts there would be? How a kind word or a simple act may REALLY make someone’s day?

6 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 3:57:26 PM by machogirl (First they came for my tagline)

quote:

“I only mock stuipid people who are “poor” due to their own damned stuipidiity”

Don’t mock the “stupid”...

9 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 4:01:07 PM by varyouga

quote:

I wish opportunities like this were presented to me every day.

Maybe they are and I just don’t see them. I’ll try harder.

13 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 4:05:30 PM by andyk (I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.)

quote:

To: dfwgator
Haitians are poor, there are no “poor” people in the US. Just those who have less then others, but that doesn’t make them “poor.”

After working with the “poor” in this country and the poor in other countries, your statement is 100% correct.
18 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 4:11:32 PM by fungoking (Tis a pleasure to live in the Ozarks)

quote:

"But the the Bible has plenty to say about the Slothful:

"04 The lazy man will not plow because of winter; He will beg during harvest and have nothing. Proverbs 20:4

"For while we were yet with you, we gave you this rule and charge: If anyone will not work, neither let him eat." 2 Thessalonians 3:10"

Did you stop to think that maybe this woman WAS slothful? Your points about us having hard hearts may be very well and good. But Jesus also said
The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me.
Mt. 26:11

21 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 4:15:33 PM by Responsibility2nd (NO LIBS. This Means Liberals and (L)libertarians! Same Thing. NO LIBS!!)

Way to ruin it

quote:

To: Responsibility2nd
The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. Mt. 26:11

That means you need to take his work. He expect you to help carry the weight.
23 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 4:17:56 PM by Kartographer ("We mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.")

quote:

"Seems that many peoples hearts have grown so hard that they no longer understand acts of just plain everyday kindness. They worry about being 'cheated' more then what an act of compassion can do for your own soul."

That is another, less talked about, evil of our welfare system. It builds animosity between those paying taxes and those receiving benefits to the point where the 'payers' feel they have done enough by having their wages confiscated. They may misdirect their anger at the government towards the truly needy. And, yes, there are needy people even in the U.S.
49 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 4:34:26 PM by tnlibertarian (Beat Lamar! And, if that doesn't work, let's defeat him in the primary.)

How is this guy not zotted?

quote:

To: MNDude; Kartographer
Wow, why are you starting out a post with such a judgmental first sentence? No one has even commented yet.

Because it's true.......I've been around here long enough to see the degradation of this site and the influx of the holier-than-thows and religious hypocrites to know that what the Kart man said is spot on..........

In the words of Jack Nicholson: You Can't Stand the Truth..........
69 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 4:47:24 PM by Hot Tabasco (Under Reagan spring always arrived on time.....)

or this guy?

quote:

To: BitWielder1
"Government taking your money to give to strangers is not charity."

The fact is that the government does help needy people. Not all people who receive govt disbursements deserved it. Heck, maybe not even most people who receive govt disbursements deserve it. But the govt does help some, maybe many, deserving people who have an honest run of bad luck.

Don't forget, our government based many of its laws re charity upon the teachings of Christ. That's not a thing they like to admit, but it's true.
74 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 4:50:49 PM by LouAvul (In a state of disbelief as to how liberals destroyed America in a mere 40 years.)

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

quote:

To: MNDude; Kartographer

Because it's true.......I've been around here long enough to see the degradation of this site and the influx of the holier-than-thows and religious hypocrites to know that what the Kart man said is spot on..........

In the words of Jack Nicholson: You Can't Stand the Truth..........
69 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 4:47:24 PM by Hot Tabasco (Under Reagan spring always arrived on time.....)

There you have it, folks! Obama's the reason behind spring not coming on time.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Recently, Honey Maid created a commercial directly addressing and challenging the outrage they got from "pro-family" groups after including a family led by two gay dads in one of their previous commercials, entitled "Wholesome". Let's see how Freep responds!

Honey Maid sends a message to critics of ad featuring gay couple

quote:

To: Oliviaforever
No matter how many times they try to state that sodomy is “wholesome” it will always be disgusting. The act of sodomy is repulsive and totally against nature. Direct Nabuttsco to the CDC website for the “facts” on what they believe to be “wholesome.” It is a pro-disease lifestyle that is deadly to those who participate in it. NOT WHOLESOME!

4 posted on 4/4/2014 12:36:24 PM by missnry (The truth will set you free ... and drive liberals crazy!)

quote:

Way to go, guys - Everybody knows that nothing says "wholesome" better than anal sex and AIDS. </sarcasm>
5 posted on 4/4/2014 12:36:27 PM by Bob

quote:

I had three young grandkids who ate Honey Made snacks.
After seeing the ad last week, I now have three grandchildren who can not eat Honey Made snacks because me and my two sons threw their products out of our houses.
10 posted on 4/4/2014 12:38:48 PM by oh8eleven (RVN '67-'68)

quote:

To: dainbramaged
I am beginning to that Smores with their Hershey bar and marshmallow between two crackers are not as innocent as we may have thought and their may even be some symbolism that is disgusting.

13 posted on 4/4/2014 12:42:22 PM by Oliviaforever
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Honey Maid Found The Perfect Way To Respond To Homophobes Who Hated Its New Ad

Emphasis his

quote:

To: EveningStar
Honey Maid: Official Graham Cracker of the New Butt Order (NBO)
3 posted on 4/4/2014 12:39:43 PM by Buffalo Bob

quote:

Actually, the error most of us make in disagreeing with these companies is that we fire back with anger. The anger is understandable, but their problem is that they don’t even believe their own message.

Notice, if a man wanted to marry twenty 4 year olds, Honey Maid would not support it. Why not? They all love each other. If a 13 year old girl wanted to make a family with a donkey, they would not support it...even if the girl said she “loved” the donkey. And, on and on.

Their error is that they only support a certain form of “love”, the homosexual agenda version, and they are more hypocritical than we are. At least most of us point to what we consider an unalterable benchmark of propriety...the Bible. They have only their opinions. And, when society takes them further down the pipe than they want, watch them squeal.

9 posted on 4/4/2014 12:50:45 PM by Dutchboy88

quote:

ad: Honey Maid: This is Wholesome
Ask any doctor...rectal syphilis is *never* "wholesome".

11 posted on 4/4/2014 12:51:50 PM by Gay State Conservative (Stalin Blamed The Kulaks,Obama Blames The Tea Party)

quote:

To: Jane Long
Branding success. Now whenever I see the cracker, I’ll throw up.

24 posted on 4/4/2014 1:18:32 PM by griswold3 ("Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8".)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

quote:

The homophobes (those too afraid of homosexuals to oppose them) all loved the ad. I’m a homobarf.

35 posted on 4/4/2014 1:42:20 PM by afsnco

quote:

To: petitfour
Yep, we could tell them to “eat feces and croak,” but why state the obvious? That’s precisely what they’ll do.

37 posted on 4/4/2014 1:45:20 PM by afsnco
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]

Freepers: I'm a homobarf.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Nckdictator posted:

quote:

Could be the first step in her going Galt.

16 posted on Friday, April 4, 2014 5:21:39 PM by CARTOUCHE (I'm an Obamacare truant. Waiting on the truant officer to arrive.)

We can only hope.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

quote:

I've resisted thread title changes before, but DemeaninDemon you should pass this one up to Xylo because I just spilled half a drink on my pants laughing and I don't care because that is hilarious!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Recently, Honey Maid created a commercial directly addressing and challenging the outrage they got from "pro-family" groups after including a family led by two gay dads in one of their previous commercials, entitled "Wholesome". Let's see how Freep responds!

Honey Maid sends a message to critics of ad featuring gay couple

Honey Maid Found The Perfect Way To Respond To Homophobes Who Hated Its New Ad

Emphasis his

Freepers: I'm a homobarf.

I know we make fun of how freepers think about anal sex more than any gay man does, but it's really getting kind of creepy. The s'mores thing? I never would have thought of that, and I think of lots of stupid and dirty jokes and double meanings.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

:allears: (among the) Things Freepers don't understand: consent and that straight people have anal sex.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

U.T. Raptor posted:

:allears: (among the) Things Freepers don't understand: consent and that straight people have anal sex.

They must know about straight people having buttsex, right? It's not like we just made that up in the last 20 years.

StarPilot87
Dec 31, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

They must know about straight people having buttsex, right? It's not like we just made that up in the last 20 years.

They just call them "heterosexual gays."

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

quote:

To: Kaslin

If there were really rock monsters, God could have used them to destroy all the evil people, and he could have saved ALL the animals, and an ark would be completely unnecessary. How would you stop a rock monster in ancient Biblical times????

19 posted on Friday, April 04, 2014 11:52:31 AM by cincinnati65
It wasn't a rock. It was a rock monster.

God sent the B-52s to destroy the world, sparing only those hiding in the Love Shack.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

isildur posted:

It wasn't a rock. It was a rock monster.

God sent the B-52s to destroy the world, sparing only those hiding in the Love Shack.

Maybe a rusted tin roof is the sign for the vengeance to pass over your home :tinfoil:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
Only gays could get Freep to turn on crackers.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

drat! They uncovered our super-secret century old plot to turn children gay through the suggestivity of obscure symbolism in snack foods!

And we would have gotten away with it too...

Chandragupta
Sep 2, 2009

Wanamingo posted:

Hasn't Little Green Footballs been a pretty left wing site for a while now?

Yeah, I think since around 2008, maybe earlier. The creator of the site said he was surprised with how racist the right had gotten around Obama's campaign. That surprised me, because I distinctly remember LGF comments as being some of the most openly racist I've encountered short of actual neo nazis. In fact, Stormfront was probably classier than LGF.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

quote:

This might be the single greatest, most perfect thing to ever come out of the miserable wreck that is freerepublic.com.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Chandragupta posted:

Yeah, I think since around 2008, maybe earlier. The creator of the site said he was surprised with how racist the right had gotten around Obama's campaign. That surprised me, because I distinctly remember LGF comments as being some of the most openly racist I've encountered short of actual neo nazis. In fact, Stormfront was probably classier than LGF.

Charles Johnson was pretty disillusioned with the Bush Administration and some of the people whom he'd help get started in the blogging business (Pamela Gellar was originally his protege, IIRC) and grew increasingly disgusted with the racism on the right. Shortly after the 2008 election he seemed to decide that he liked Obama and didn't like where the GOP was headed, so he switched sides.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I may have chuckled ever so slightly at Nabuttsco. It sounds like something a 12-year-old on XBox Live would come up with.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Charles Johnson was pretty disillusioned with the Bush Administration and some of the people whom he'd help get started in the blogging business (Pamela Gellar was originally his protege, IIRC) and grew increasingly disgusted with the racism on the right. Shortly after the 2008 election he seemed to decide that he liked Obama and didn't like where the GOP was headed, so he switched sides.

You can read why he switched here in his own words

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

I've resisted thread title changes before, but DemeaninDemon you should pass this one up to Xylo because I just spilled half a drink on my pants laughing and I don't care because that is hilarious!

Are your Pm's broken?? (Done!)

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

XyloJW posted:

Are your Pm's broken?? (Done!)

Best thread title change ever

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Grem posted:

Only gays could get Freep to turn on crackers.

Sounds like self-hatred to me.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

I may have chuckled ever so slightly at Nabuttsco. It sounds like something a 12-year-old on XBox Live would come up with.
*gets shot on Halo*

Person who killed you: GO EAT YOUR NABUTTSCO BUTT SNACKS AND YOU'RE LATE FOR YOUR NEW BUTT ORDER MEETING

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Actually despite being 12-14 they usually go with the much harsher "human being friend of the family jew" :(

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Some freeper did a drive-by in an e-cigarette thread that had nothing to do with guns or religion.

quote:

To: PaulCruz2016; GeronL
While the TARGET is different, the MO remains the same......

I've posted this article several times before and I feel it needs to be posted again..........

This was written by advertising man and gun owner, Jim Houck. It's a little long, but worth the read:

The State of California says citizens, people who've not broken the law, must register their firearms.

We can say with no pro-firearm, anti-firearm arguing that only law-abiding citizens will obey this request, if anyone obeys it at all. Criminals will, as criminals do, flaunt this law and go on bashing in our skulls, raping, robbing and killing us.

California, why do you want me to register my firearm? Are you trying to create a comprehensive registry of citizens so you can later pass a bill saying I am a criminal and collect my firearm, like with citizens who own SKS rifles, who are now, suddenly criminals, though they've broken no law?

Then you would have a list (actually a partial list, because most of us are too smart for this nonsense) of what you are calling "assault weapons" or "non-sporting weapons", useless terms coined a few short years ago and now considered by default through mass media usage and birthdays to be legitimate and you have made these weapons "illegal". What can possibly come next, State?

There are only two choices, repeal or confiscation. You've got your list, you've got the names and home addresses of those who've registered and you've got guns in case we don't comply and let you disarm us.

But wasn't it you, State, who told We The People, that guns were evil and caused crime and killed people and didn't the Center for Disease Control use a bunch of We The People's money to run that ad campaign about how people who own firearms are redneck beer drinkers who lie to their wives about where they were all weekend? Or was that President Clinton who said that? Or was he the one they were talking about? I'm confused, don't President Clinton and all officials of the State keep a heavily-trained group of guys around them to protect them from criminals? And don't those guys carry firearms? Isn't President Clinton afraid those beer drinking redneck wife cheaters will flip out and kill someone in a fit of psychotic rage induced by the evil radiating from the guns they carry?

"Don't help a good boy go bad," that was an ad campaign from the 60's developed by Madison Avenue elitists to shame people into locking their cars more often in an attempt to lower car theft. Who footed the bill for this campaign? Who stood to gain? Insurance companies. The campaign failed because it was 30 years ahead of its time. Back then people had this wild notion that with freedom comes responsibility and that the individual was responsible for his actions, not society. Whoa.

The real problem with the campaign was that the ad boys forgot rule number one in mass perception manipulation- you must leverage perception by degrees. You can't just crank up the knob on We The People, they'll sense it and rebel and they're too big for the State to fight. Way too big. Anyone in advertising, like myself, knows this. I can make a broke black male from the projects spend his last dollar on a lottery ticket or a rich, single, white female spend her last $120,000 on a 560 SL Benz. It's easy. If you just know the tricks of the trade.

The Louisiana Lottery broke every record for state lottery ticket sales and still holds most of them today, almost ten years later. How could that be? Louisiana has a relatively small population and is not very affluent. It was easy, we just had the same people buy lots of tickets over and over. I wrote the TV, print, outdoor and radio advertising for the Louisiana Lottery for years and we never said, "losing ticket" once, despite the fact that your chances of getting hit by lightening are four times higher than your chances of winning are.

Our research told us that if we ever said the words "losing ticket" that people would think, I played, I lost. Then they'd never play again. We sold an average of $450,000,000 tickets a year. Louisiana does not have four hundred and fifty million new residents a year.

We had repeat players. So how did we refer to those millions and millions of losing tickets? We called them "non-winning tickets". Sound silly? Think you'd be above something so incredibly transparent? Lottery ticket sales cut across every single demographic and psychographic. Everyone plays, all types

. Think again.

For your one dollar you did not get the proverbial million dollars. You got the "thrill" of the "chance to win" a million dollars. You pay for the chance to win. Imagine paying for a car and getting the CHANCE to drive. Every time a player lost (non-winning ticket), they still believed they got their money's worth because they always got the bed wetting thrill of scratching off some silver goo and losing (chance of winning).

I have a question about this "assault weapon" term. Something you can't assault with isn't much of a weapon at all, is it? It's a cake or a pillow. The hilarious term "assault weapon" is a cheap advertising gimmick, like "cutting knife", "pre-owned vehicle" or "musical instrument".

In the ad industry we call this "fear leveraging". You spend billions of dollars on target market research to find out if the target will do what you want them to do. When they won't, and they usually will not, you then spend more money to find out what scares them the most, what pains them. Then you exploit these fears and pains until they do what you tell them to do.

You make up some fashion-based nonsense and apply a harp-seal budget. This is a budget that is so massive that you can effectively hammer it into the heads of the target market until they give way. "Assault weapon". And we thought "Just do it" was sharp. Sarah Brady should be a creative director at a major advertising agency. She'd make a lot more money.

Now that I've educated folks a bit on the joys of mass capitalism and advertising, let's have an experiment.

Religion gets more people killed every year and even if it doesn't, nobody will dispute it once we put it on TV and if they try to, we'll simply tell the networks not to sell them airtime or we'll pull our giant media buy and they'll give in to us. Yet people hold on to their religious practices with a tight grip of fear.

Let's ban religion. It's a horrible source of deadly global strife and like Sarah Brady said so well, "it has no practical application in a modern society." Isn't shame wonderful?

So, we hire an ad agency and give them a giant tax payer-funded budget. They research a way to get people to let go of their bibles and all that crap. Religion clearly makes good boys go bad.

We start small. Religion is still a hot issue, even in this modern age of genocide, and we can't afford a screw up like they did with that whole car insurance thing in the 60's. Although in the 60's people still thought individuals were responsible for their own actions. Very "Atlas Shrugged". Thankfully that is one giant hurdle we no longer have to deal with in these modern times.

We start a radio and print campaign expounding upon the "unfortunate Religious Related Killings" that are "starting to take place." See how I do that proper noun trick? It's easy, you just capitalize the first letter of each word. And notice how "Religious Related Killings" are a new thing when I say they are "starting to take place." I just dismissed the last 3,000 years of history. Nobody will mind.

After two months the media will be sympathetic and give us loads of free air time and print space and if they don't we'll make them by adding touches of overt sensationalism to the stories because that drives ratings. Won't they be surprised when they see how we repay them in exactly ten years.

Now religion is the talk of the town and the national media is buzzing with the "alarming increase" of Religious Related Killings. Important note here, once I make it an "increase" the phony term Religious Related Killings becomes legitimate by default because we've forced the target market forward in their belief system. We never even explained how this phony term came about. Which is why we need to keep them moving. Otherwise they might ask. It's called "walking the target along a path of thin air." And man does it work.

Now that I've come up with a catchy phrase that's easy to spell and easy to remember and even easier to campaign and forced it beyond its conceptual phase in order to breathe life into it, it's time to launch the new campaign.

With Religious Related Killings on the rise, the "alarming rise", it's time for "responsible citizens" to form a "watch group". It's too early to say committee. "Committee" is too strong for now.

A watch group is harmless, all they do is watch, with concern. And what do they find? Horrors! Religious Related Killings are getting kids killed.

Now Religious Related Killings pose a "very real threat." You can see where this goes. Everyone likes kids and if they don't their opinion is considered worthless by society and if they do, then they surely don't want to see them getting killed. Remember, we want to ban religion. We need fear, we need pain, we need leverage. What better leverage than children?

Next step. Religious Related Killings "account for over 40% of all adolescent related homicides worldwide" and the "figure is rising" with the onslaught of "Religious Cults" and "Religious Zealots" and "Militia groups posing as religious organizations". I knew someday the Branch Davidians would come in handy. That was a particularly intense focus group study the ATF did in Texas.

Now we put the CDC on a study. This is done to lend credibility. When a big agency studies something, it lends credibility to the potential that what they are studying actually exists in the first place.

And now for reform. It's fine to have religion and all that, but no little kid should get killed over it. Hell that flies in the face of what all those religious guys preach all the time anyway. Now we've got ire. The beauty of ire is, it makes people lose rationality, making them rather easy to guide. Mobs lynch. Individuals generally do not. By the by, if you're worrying about that 40% figure, yes, I pulled it out of thin air. Don't give it a second thought. Nobody will ask.

Once figures are put up at best they can only be disputed and while the opposition spends their time and money trying to disprove our ridiculous numbers, we'll be charging ahead to victory.

Everything on earth has been studied by guys with degrees from impressive places like Harvard or the CDC and if we can't get the results we want, we'll generate them. We'll ask five dentists if they think kids should be killed for bibles and when they say no we'll say "five out of five dentists surveyed said that kids should not die for religion". And who argues with doctors? I certainly don't.

Now we have a general clamor and the public's attention. We've generated enough target market support for the children and subsequent "neighborhoods" that are "dying" due to Religious Related Killings and "Religious Related Violence" to go for the first big precedent, licensing.

"The only way to get this shocking wave of Religious Related Killings under control before it destroys our great country, our cities, our children, is to license the people who still wish to lawfully practice it." Yeehaw. We make everyone who insists on practicing religion "despite its burden on society" "accountable".

If they have "nothing to hide" they "won't mind registering themselves." The beauty of this is anyone who resists will instantly be suspect. "Good men license themselves", that will be our tagline.

When its shelf life wears out, we'll switch to the more aggressive tagline of "If a friend practices religion without a license, are they really your friend?"

Now we've shifted the burden of innocence to the innocent. Before someone had to prove you guilty of some illegal activity before you faced prosecution. Now you have to constantly prove yourself innocent or face prosecution at all times.

Maintaining your innocence now takes one hell of a lot of effort than just not breaking the law. Those who still "insist" on practicing the black magic of religion must repeatedly prove their innocence and even then they risk losing their jobs if anyone finds out they are "pro-religion".

We now put a ballot on the senate floor to license religion and it squeaks by. Sure all the "First Amendment Zealots" and those "ACLU nuts" with their "overly literal translation of the First Amendment meaning freedom of religion is an individual right' and not a collective one" raise the roof, but screw em, we got the votes we needed.

We'll shut them up sooner than later. Remember, by degrees. Only a fool would go after the 1st in its entirety. I didn't tell you that was what I was up to? Oh, well, now you know. You're merely generals, that's why I didn't mention it. No matter, I'll kill you later out of paranoia.

Anyway that's why we start with religion. Speech is not fragmented. You either say something or you don't. Religion's easy. You've got all those different groups, like hunters versus sports shooters, versus anti-genocide buffs.

No one group will defend the other so we can pick them off one at a time. Besides, nobody takes religion seriously anymore. Greed is the new religion and We The People are willing to sacrifice individual freedom for a bit of temporary security.

After we've taught the target market how to concede, we'll ban the right to assemble to petition grievances. Without the right to assemble, they can't very well protest the new license on speech, now can they? But that comes a bit later.

So churches apply for their lawfully required licenses to practice religion. Within six months we have add five new stipulations on the law, including three fee hikes and a real beauty, "to maintain a Religious Practice Permit, you must have an appropriate church front". Of course we'll put out all sorts of conflicting information about what constitutes an "appropriate church front" and impose massive fines and even jail sentences and that will put about eighty percent of the "extremists" out of business.

Now we form a committee. We need a stronger group to oversee the mass of confusion we started and we can petition congress for a budget and if they won't give it to us we'll issue one through the ever-more-popular executive order. We'll shut congress up soon enough anyway.

We've got licensing, a committee, a big budget, of course full backing of the rich media and "the good people with nothing to hide" and very few churches left in existence. All this will take five years. Not more.

Two choices remain, repeal or abolition. We sure as hell didn't do all this work and spend all this tax-payer money and time to repeal. After all, the goal is to bring down the 1st. The few "zealots" hanging on have no "practical application in modern society" and the cool part is, the harder they fight for their cause at this point, the more fringe and on the edge they seem to be.

We call for the ban of religion because "even though we've made great inroads into curbing the senseless Religious Related Killings plaguing our country and created by the outdated notion of religion, even one Religious Related Killing is more than a civilized society should and can bear."

It takes two years and there will always be non-compilers, but they can be dealt with in a very harsh and public manner to discourage mass target market perception reversal. You have to watch this one. We The People is a big bear and we don't want it to turn on us until we've successfully bled it.

The ATF will change the meaning of its acronym from "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms"- two vices and a Constitutional right- to "Alcohol Tobacco and Freedom of Speech".

Religion is now gone and we take on right to peaceable assembly on the grounds that it induces rioting and in five careful years, we overturn it. After our ten year campaign things are coming along nicely and we're ready to go for the keystone, freedom of speech.

The fight is a tough one, people love to tell each other how safe they are now that religion is outlawed. But speech is eventually limited to those words which fall under the Non-Threatening Speech Act. Away we go.

And then it happens. Some "zealot", some "extremist" pulls out a firearm and offers to shoot anyone who tries to tell him he can't speak his mind or worship. Everyone gets big ideas, races home, grabs their "assault rifles", "junk guns", "Saturday Night specials" and "Non- Sporting Guns" and goes nuts.

They burn their speech cards in a large rally, the flames can be seen for miles. They burn the ATF Religion Control Headquarters. They vastly outnumber the federal troops who are dispatched to quell them and after the first few shots, the troops realize this is not a bunch of unarmed college students in Ohio, but a well regulated militia and they flee.

Pretty soon everyone is out praying and spouting off at the mouth and we're back to square one! Well that's just great. Now who's going to tell the client, Uncle Sam, that we just lost the target market?

Who overlooked the 2nd Amendment, that's what I want to know? Someone will get fired for sure. Ten years of work and spending and fighting and breaking the law and carefully mocking the Constitution all down the drain due to an oversight.

It might as well be 1960 all over again. Now we'll have to start over and this time with an ad man's worst nightmare, a wary target market that thinks for itself.

California, tell me again why I should "register" my firearms? Oh that's right, to "lower crime". Well then, that shouldn't be a problem, after all, I'm a "good citizen" with "nothing to hide." I have one question. If I'm a good citizen with nothing to hide, what's the need to register me, at all?

In America, we don't "register" people. Nazis registered people. Then they burned them.

We The People, sprawling giant, before you agree to register your firearms to your tiny government which you currently control, ask yourself one question, would you register your freedom of speech or your religious beliefs with them?

Because it's not your firearms that they are really after like everyone says. They are after your firearms, but this is incidental. Their ultimate goal is much more severe than that. It is your freedom as humans which they covet, it is your humanity which they will destroy and it is your firearms which are stopping them.

Jim Houck Free, Armed American The Eagle's Nest, California

92 posted on Thursday, April 03, 2014 5:07:33 PM by Hot Tabasco (Under Reagan spring always arrived on time.....)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I wonder if this bugaboo for the very idea of having in existence some kind of a registry for such objects derives from that superstition against counting the Israelites in the Old Testament.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
This is it! Rascals at the ready!
Drudge Report Down

quote:

Perhaps the Regime was angered by Drudge reporting on paying the ObamaCare "Liberty Tax." They called Drudge a liar and it BACKFIRED on them bigtime..
1 posted on 4/5/2014 8:29:09 AM by PJ-Comix
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: PJ-Comix
So is Breitbart.

5 posted on 4/5/2014 8:31:08 AM by Caipirabob (Communists... Socialists... Democrats...Traitors... Who can tell the difference?)

quote:

To: Caipirabob
Yup

They got them both

Someone’s pissed

25 posted on 4/5/2014 8:37:07 AM by combat_boots (The Lion of Judah cometh. Hallelujah. Gloria Patri, Filio et Spiritui Sancto!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

To: PJ-Comix
These things don’t happen accidentally. Often, this includes those times FR goes down.

47 posted on 4/5/2014 8:53:18 AM by combat_boots (The Lion of Judah cometh. Hallelujah. Gloria Patri, Filio et Spiritui Sancto!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Cringing Negativism Network
Yup. That plus the fact that Breitbart is also down makes me verrrrry suspicious. But since Breitbart himself set up the Drudge Report site, are they using the same servers?

61 posted on 4/5/2014 8:58:15 AM by PJ-Comix (ObamaCare unsubsidized PAID Enrollment Prediction: 66,666)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 54 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Texas Eagle
Yesterday's post by Ben Shapiro on FR:
TOP 5 CRACKDOWNS ON CONSERVATIVES' INTERNET FREE SPEECH

Read the excellent article yesterday on AT by Sally Zelikovsky "Brendan Eich and the New American Totalitarian State." We are in very scary territory now. Here are her concluding paragraphs:

quote:

Not only is it hard to swallow that something like this could happen in our country, it is hard to fathom how anyone can be so self-righteous, so emboldened, to think it a perfectly good idea to socially engineer society with the same iron fists as history's liberty-crushing despots. All of that talk about equality, justice, liberty, tolerance and diversity, is just talk. It’s a one way street leading to oppression. And so frenzied are they with their viewpoints -- so intent on crushing any opposing ideas-- that they are blinded to their own bigotry.
So now, no longer is it just the government that can single you out, punish and persecute you for being a patriot or a tea partier. Now, your employer can as well. And then, maybe your landlord. And, why not the local hospital? And what about your kids in school? For those of you from the old USSR, you know, this was how it was done. Stick to the party line, keep quiet, support the state…and you keep your job and get assigned a small apartment. If you don’t, your kids suffer in school, your boss makes life difficult at work and don’t be surprised if your electricity doesn’t work. Take on the entire system, become a dissident or refusnik, and it’s off to Siberia. You’ll be lucky if you live.

Knowledge is indeed power, and when those in power can use their knowledge of what you do outside of work to determine your professional fate, we have indeed stepped behind the Iron Curtain.

94 posted on 4/5/2014 9:55:33 AM by ProtectOurFreedom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 92 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Texas Fossil
I anticipate conservatives will have to go off the web to something like usenet.

108 posted on 4/5/2014 10:37:45 AM by jjotto ("Ya could look it up!")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 105 | View Replies]

quote:

To: jjotto
No, this confrontation will come to a head before that.

ComDems know the game is about over.

They are doing all they can to keep the knowledge of their true actions and plans from being exposed. They will not pull it off.

I plan to be in DC on May 16th. Not sure how that will play out, but am compelled to be there.

110 posted on 4/5/2014 10:48:10 AM by Texas Fossil (Texas is not where you were born, but a Free State of Heart, Mind & Attitude!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 108 | View Replies]
I can guess how it'll turn out: You'll go to DC, see some historical sites, hold up a sign or two with other people decked out in American Flags, go back to your point of origin, and then post on freerepublic about how you feared for you life every second you were there.
-------------------------
TOP 5 CRACKDOWNS ON CONSERVATIVES' INTERNET FREE SPEECH

OP posted:

Google Adsense Shuts Down WorldNetDaily.

On February 6, Google Adsense notified WorldNetDaily’s Joseph Farah that it would be cancelling WND’s account thanks to a “policy violation email this morning regarding negative/hate speech...

~~snip~~

Kickstarter Shuts Down Campaign to Raise Money for Gosnell Film.

This week, Kickstarter informed filmmakers Phelim McAleer and his wife Ann McElhinney that it would not allow them to use purely factual language in their attempt to raise $2.1 million for a movie about mass killer abortionist Kermit Gosnell.

~~snip~~

Facebook Cracks Down on Gun Photos, Anti-Obama Messages.

Earlier last month, VentureBeat reported that Facebook could announce new policies designed to crack down on gun-related fanpages. Sources told VentureBeat, “Talks are progressing [between Facebook and Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action]. The discussions are ongoing; there have been positive developments.”

~~snip~~

Instagram Deletes Gun Posts.

Facebook and Instagram announced in early March that it would delete all posts offering to buy or sell guns without a background check, as well as banning users 18 and under from viewing gun offers. Facebook also deleted a photo of a 6-month-old child with a bolt-action rifle across her lap

~~snip~~

Twitter Gulag for Conservatives.

This one is a rumor, but a widespread one: many conservatives have complained of their accounts being suspended from Twitter.
What a pathetic list. One item is merely being discussed and another is a rumor. All of these are decided by a private entity on what they do on their own individual sites. Oh! My FREEDOMS! :qq:

quote:

To: Jim Robinson
How dare WND call yout... a black mob.

Reality spelled out is sometimes such a bitter pill

http://www.wnd.com/?s=2012+09+black+mob+violend+and+the+media+silence

what’s GOOGLE doing to put an end to this??

2 posted on 04/04/2014 7:53:21 PM PDT by MeshugeMikey ( "Never, never, never give up". Winston Churchill)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: MeshugeMikey; onyx; JustAmy; trisham; TheOldLady; DJ MacWoW; RedMDer; musicman; Lady Jag; ...
Someone please ask me again why we operate our own servers instead of running on google cloud or depend on advertisers for our operating revenue... or file with the IRS for 501c non-profit status, etc.

Thank God for our FReepers!!

7 posted on 04/04/2014 8:01:34 PM PDT by Jim Robinson (Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies ]

quote:

I’m appalled at how many posters don’t understand the valid reasons to keep FR independent.

26 posted on 04/04/2014 8:27:55 PM PDT by DJ MacWoW (The Fed Gov is not one ring to rule them all)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: onyx
WE operate our own servers instead of running on google cloud or depend on advertisers for our operating revenue... or file with the IRS for 501c non-profit status, etc....
Needs to be repeated Onyx...easy to forget the uniqueness of Free Republic....many thanks to Jim and his team for keeping it so.

49 posted on 4/5/2014 2:00:02 AM by caww
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

quote:

I had a YouTube channel to which I uploaded a non-narrated video that simply documented normal school days in parts of Germany that immigrants of a certain faith disproportionately chose to live in.

Kids not of that faith are very routinely beaten up —their lives are utter hell. They are beaten, stolen from, screamed at on a daily basis.

They shut down my channel for that video —they were very casual about it.

Inclusive/tolerant = total lies.

16 posted on 4/4/2014 10:14:44 PM by gaijin

quote:

To: inchworm
Does this mean conservatives should stop hiring liberals?
I wouldn't hire someone I knew was a liberal. First of all, I don't want to associate with them. Second, what's the difference in going to a movie starring Barbara Streisand, Tom Cruise, and Sean Penn? Buy a ticket to the movie, you give them money. They work against everything you love, or at least contribute your money to it.

27 posted on 4/4/2014 10:30:53 PM by PistolPaknMama
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

quote:

I actually believe that “progressives” have a penchant for chaos and destruction, and that their increasingly authoritarian tactics are a deliberate strategy to provoke a violent reaction from conservatives, so as to confirm their self-fulfilling belief that conservatives are inherently violent people. So expect them to go further and further and further . . . It is simply amazing how quickly and radically the gay agenda has moved, to the point where people can’t even express opposition to gay marriage without losing their jobs. Expect a question on gay marriage - intended as a litmus test to establish basic decency - to be front-and-center in the 2016 round of presidential debates.

44 posted on 4/4/2014 11:41:39 PM by Steve_Seattle
Pretty sure we've been doing this for a decade now at least

quote:

To: doc1019
It’s only too late if you give up your guns.

41 posted on 4/4/2014 11:36:40 PM by GrandJediMasterYoda (Republican has "I can" at the end. Democrat has "rat". Any questions?)

quote:

Gee, I don’t own any guns.

I was on my way across our local lake, on my way to register all my guns as required by local law. The nearest place I could register my guns was either around the lake or across the lake ... being the lazy person that I am, I chose to cross the lake.

During my travels across the lake I got stupid and accidentally flipped my boat over ... all my guns ended up on the bottom of the lake. Gee, what now?

Morn my loss and move on.

45 posted on 4/4/2014 11:46:30 PM by doc1019
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies]
Oh man you almost had me fooled there doc1019. You're so clever :kiddo:

quote:

Tyranny is upon us, and it may be to late.

4 posted on 4/4/2014 9:57:11 PM by doc1019

quote:

To: doc1019; itssme; GrandJediMasterYoda
Tyranny is indeed here.

The Framers gave us a peaceful means they didn’t have to reclaim lost liberty. It is time to use it.

Article V.

53 posted on 4/5/2014 3:43:32 AM by Jacquerie ( Article V.)

quote:

Revolt is coming.

63 posted on 4/5/2014 9:04:08 AM by Biggirl (“Go, do not be afraid, and serve”-Pope Francis)

quote:

To: Jim Robinson; onyx; LucyT; TheOldLady; MinuteGal
Are we forgetting what happened to Free Dominion?

The Leftists desperately want that to happen to us.

See My Tagline.

62 posted on 4/5/2014 7:13:16 AM by Old Sarge (TINVOWOOT: There Is No Voting Our Way Out Of This)

quote:

Yes, look what happened to the Canadian free dominion website.

Idiot human right’s lawyer (read disturbed individual) gets it shut down. Tyranny is all over the place these days.

89 posted on 4/5/2014 2:58:50 PM by Bulwyf
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

To: itssme
I see an excellent opportunity to set up another major Christian Conservative search engine to knock the Nazis on their cans.

68 posted on 4/5/2014 9:50:37 AM by jsanders2001
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 50 | View Replies]

quote:

Homofascism is still fascism, our once grand country has been overtaken by fascists, and we do nothing.

86 posted on 4/5/2014 2:43:42 PM by stockpirate (Only a tidal wave of tyrants blood will return our tree of liberty......)

quote:

To: stockpirate
Open resistance is step one. Do not comply.

Keep the faith. Recruit. Join the resistance.

87 posted on 4/5/2014 2:50:24 PM by Jim Robinson (Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 86 | View Replies]
And by joining the resistance I of course mean sending me money. DonateJoin today!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Drudge is back up, by the by. Probably went down for server maintenance or something.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Jagged Jim posted:

Some freeper did a drive-by in an e-cigarette thread that had nothing to do with guns or religion.

This Jim Houck fellow just equated his guns with his god, didn't he? And here I was taught (both at Sunday school and my religious private school, no less) that that was considered to be a very, very bad thing.

Speaking of the ways in which religious zeal can bring out the worst in people:

quote:

I had three young grandkids who ate Honey Made snacks.
After seeing the ad last week, I now have three grandchildren who can not eat Honey Made snacks because me and my two sons threw their products out of our houses.
10 posted on 4/4/2014 12:38:48 PM by oh8eleven (RVN '67-'68)

My cousins had parents who would do stuff like this every so often--they'd sporadically Get Religion and purge their house of anything "sinful", including but not limited to video games, Harry Potter novels and my aunt's medication for bipolar disorder. Those poor grandchildren, being forced to navigate a constantly-shifting ideological minefield of the forbidden and the permitted :(

OH NO MY DICK
Feb 24, 2013

Forums Jesus
Mmmmm, yes, having my account suspended on twitter IS comparable to being put in a gulag [bends over and inhales deeply to better experience own butt musk]

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Revolt is coming.

63 posted on 4/5/2014 9:04:08 AM by Biggirl (“Go, do not be afraid, and serve”-Pope Francis)

So is this all Biggirl ever posts? This is the only thing I can remember ever seeing at least.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Actually, the error most of us make in disagreeing with these companies is that we fire back with anger. The anger is understandable, but their problem is that they don’t even believe their own message.
9 posted on 4/4/2014 12:50:45 PM by Dutchboy88
This is most of the Right to a T: Liberals don't actually believe in things, we just do it to annoy the Right.
They lack the empathy needed to see things from a different point of view, ergo everyone lacks that empathy, ergo not gays who support gay rights are only doing it to annoy the Right.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Duke Igthorn posted:

This is most of the Right to a T: Liberals don't actually believe in things, we just do it to annoy the Right.
They lack the empathy needed to see things from a different point of view, ergo everyone lacks that empathy, ergo not gays who support gay rights are only doing it to annoy the Right.

Hm, someone wanna remind me which group it is that talks about turning on all the lights and letting their Ford Excursion idle all day on Earth Day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...

SatansOnion posted:

My cousins had parents who would do stuff like this every so often--they'd sporadically Get Religion and purge their house of anything "sinful", including but not limited to video games, Harry Potter novels and my aunt's medication for bipolar disorder. Those poor grandchildren, being forced to navigate a constantly-shifting ideological minefield of the forbidden and the permitted :(

They heard that one freeper put his stupid boycott on hold for his grandkid so they had to restore the balance of evil.

• Locked thread