Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

EvilHawk posted:

We're talking massive hypotheticals here, but if Arsenal wins the FA Cup but finishes 5th the teams in 6th (usual league qualification) and 7th (extra League Cup spot) will qualify for the EL, right?
No it goes to the FA Cup runners up afaik. The spot is for the cup, the only time it reverts to a league position is if both the winner and runner-up has already qualified otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DepartmentStore
Sep 5, 2011
Feb 28:
Arsenal: 2nd P 27 59 Pts GD +25
Everton: 7th P 26 45 Pts GD +10

Apr 6:
Arsenal: 4th P 33 64 Pts GD +16
Everton: 5th P 32 63 Pts GD +21

DepartmentStore fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 6, 2014

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Meat Wagon posted:

Norwich fans are ungrateful and should be careful what they wish for and a bunch of other terrible cliches. Remember Charlton.

Nobody remembers Charlton

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

So I just got a notification on a footy app I have that says the Liverpool-City game next Sunday has been postponed...but I can't find anything about it elsewhere. Anyone know what that's about?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

So I just got a notification on a footy app I have that says the Liverpool-City game next Sunday has been postponed...but I can't find anything about it elsewhere. Anyone know what that's about?

I thought one of our other games had been moved, but not that one

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

tarbrush posted:

I thought one of our other games had been moved, but not that one

The Palace match was moved to the Monday.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Nobody remembers Charlton

My Dad does, he talks about Charlton being the Best by Law or something I dunno what he's on about.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I wonder who's going to take over for Arsene Wenger in the summer. Maybe give Alex Ferguson a call?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

euroboy posted:

I wonder who's going to take over for Arsene Wenger in the summer. Maybe give Alex Ferguson a call?

I don't think Wenger will go this summer but if he goes next summer I could really see it being Martinez if he keeps it up

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

chuggo is BACK posted:

I don't think Wenger will go this summer but if he goes next summer I could really see it being Martinez if he keeps it up

Can't see Martinez leaving Everton if he gets them into the CL at Arsenal's expense.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Wengers contract is up in the summer and it this rate I doubt that he'll get a new one and I have even more doubts about him wanting to stay on.

A win in the fa cup would be a brilliant way to go out but the way the team has been playing the last two months I can't see them getting to the final and if that happens things are going to get seriously ugly with Wenger.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

It'll be Martinez.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Gerrard now has more goals for Liverpool than Dalglish.

Make him manager imo.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

euroboy posted:

I'm really hopein its AVB.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

Wengers contract is up in the summer and it this rate I doubt that he'll get a new one and I have even more doubts about him wanting to stay on.

A win in the fa cup would be a brilliant way to go out but the way the team has been playing the last two months I can't see them getting to the final and if that happens things are going to get seriously ugly with Wenger.

He's always said he wouldn't continue if he's not doing a good job and, welp.

I just wonder what the hell the situation is in the dressing room. It must be absolutely shocking.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Modus Trollens posted:

it was in the guardian too

he literally said this poo poo

hes melting down

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/04/arsenal-injuries-supplements-arsene-wenger

He didn't really say that they were using hair loss stuff, to me it reads like he was using an analogy along the lines of there are no free lunches in nature. He probably can't come out and say "I think my players are using peptides and xenon" or whatever without stirring up trouble.

I know he has said in the past that they have internal monitoring and there was evidence of blood doping in new signings.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I haven't got a clue who should take over. I guess a lot of people will mention Klopp, but I don't know if I'm entirely convinced by him. It will probably be too soon for Martinez to leave Everton and gently caress knows who else would be a good fit. Probably some old experienced oval office like Van Gaal who might be good or might be a disaster?

blue footed boobie posted:

He's always said he wouldn't continue if he's not doing a good job and, welp.

I just wonder what the hell the situation is in the dressing room. It must be absolutely shocking.

I don't know about the situation in the dressing room but the situation on the pitch is horrible. No one seems like they're playing for him, plenty are phoning it in or looks completely knackered. Its a complete shambles.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Fifth and a humiliating exit in the FA Cup and I'm done.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

not not luvd posted:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

tekz posted:

I'm really hopein its AVB.

He's bossing the Russian league now, I think he's ready for his conquering return to England.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

not not luvd posted:

Don't do it luvd you have so much to live for

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

I'm sure you can find a better image than that.

FWIW I didn't mean football, just Wenger.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

I'm done with him already. This is abysmal.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
I love all the Arsenal plastics crying about only coming fifth, let Hodgson cause you to get relegated and then you can have a proper cry.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Wenger has done reasonably well with this piss poor group of players. Giroud is horrible and Cazorla has all the fitness of a sunday league player.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Cart Cam posted:

let Hodgson cause you to get relegated and then you can have a proper cry.

Huh?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

euroboy posted:

jesus christ

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Hodgson got Blackburn relegated, I'm still bitter and just wanted to whinge about Blackburn again.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
How do Arsenals recent results stack up against Newcastles? I know they've played better teams I just want to know who has been worst

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

jesus christ

What?

Jose posted:

How do Arsenals recent results stack up against Newcastles? I know they've played better teams I just want to know who has been worst

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/form-guide.html

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

vaginal culture posted:

Wenger has done reasonably well with this piss poor group of players. Giroud is horrible and Cazorla has all the fitness of a sunday league player.

Given that he's bought all of them and not replaced them when their limitations became apparent, this doesn't really exonerate him.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Starting a season with Giroud, Sanogo and Bendtner as your startling line is near unforgivable.

Giroud is loving dire and I hope he's sold in the summer.

Cazorla, yeah agree. poo poo attitude and he can go too.

Players I would hate to lose: Ozil, Theo, Wilshere, Ramsey, Koscielny, Ox. Other than that I don't really care at all who goes.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
I don't think Arsenal are going to lose out on 4th place just because Everton have a tougher run-in, namely having to play City. That being said, it's entirely possible that they'll lose to Wigan, too. Fortunately Ramsey is back so hopefully he and Chamberlain are both played because Rosicky looked tired today and those two gave the team more attacking threat.

The Arsenal board has said it's entirely up to Wenger whether he stays or not, but I really think it's time to go. I love Wenger, I really do, he's had some terrific times at the club and lead them to a feat that may never be equaled (going undefeated in a season), but he refuses to adapt anymore and that's killing the team. You can get away with it if you have the quality of players like Bayern or Barca, but Arsenal don't so when the team isn't clicking they're way too predictable. I really like Klopp, but I think he may have the same problem of having no Plan B. I wonder if they could prise Conte away from Juve.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Okay, well I haven't seen anything anywhere else saying the Pool-City game is postponed so I'm just going to assume Live Score Addicts is wrong.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shoren posted:

I don't think Arsenal are going to lose out on 4th place just because Everton have a tougher run-in, namely having to play City.

Arsenal have 12 points from their last 10 games and have lost or drawn their last 4. Everton have 21, including winning the last 6 in a row.

It doesn't matter what your run-in is if you're in terrible form.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Nice away form Norwich

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Blue Screen Error posted:

Adrian Durham in troll free and accurate article shocker

Amazing how he's pretty much the only member of the press not banging on the "poor old Chris Hughton being bullied by over-expectant Norwich fans" drum.

Is that really happening much? If it is just shows how patronising the press are

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Remember when all the arsenal posters posted incessantly about how great giroud was and wanted to marry him? I do.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Carrier posted:

Remember when all the arsenal posters posted incessantly about how great giroud was and wanted to marry him? I do.

they did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Carrier posted:

Arsenal posters turning on their players is beyond parody now.

• Locked thread