Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Probably the worst story in the history of Marvel comics, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Psyker posted:

Clearly you're not reading the thread, or you're being deliberately dense.

He was asking for a non hybrid. nickhimself's build uses a melee lunge and a PBAoE.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Bloodly posted:

Remind me-what's 'special' with Ms.Marvel's family, if at all?

Well, this happened for one thing. :stonk:

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Hey, so I understand there's been some confusion on Dr. Strange builds, if you're thinking about leveling him take a look at what i've got and lemme know if it works for you:

http://www.marvelbase.com/builds/generator/doctor-strange#vvC2M2K22vKvvvvv2vK2M/0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

LMB Seal of the Vishanti (Boosts Offense and Defense for party) Incantation
A Flames of the Faltine (Vacuum effect gathers enemies) Incantation
S Crimson Bands of Cyttorak (Locks them in place) Incantation
D Icy Tendrils of Ikthalon (Massive damage + slow/weaken) Incantation
F Vapors of Valtorr (Super Wide AoE for cleanup) Incantation
G Winds of Watoomb (The Big Kaboom) Incantation
H All-Seeing Eye (Something Still alive? Not for Long)

RMB
F1 Astral Form (Omni-situational OH poo poo button)
F2 Shield of the Seraphim (Great Team heal and damage reduction shield) Incantation
F3 Seven Rings of Raggadorr (Running from Enemies while low on Spirit?) Incantation
F4 Mystic Shift

Example X-Def Wave: Doombots
Mystic Shift over to Doombots
Shift-LMB under self/allies
A,S,D,F,G,H
Continue to cast any and all incantations that come off CD
If health dips, Shield of the Seraphim
If health spikes very low OR spirit runs low Astral Form OR Seven Rings of Raggadorr

Continue to laugh as mysticism pops every 2-4 seconds.

Collect Loot.

Item Build:
Artifacts: Pluvian, Power Prism Shard, Ziggurat of Kargul, Adv. Super Soldier Serum(Mental Focus Headband if you have one)
Relic: Attilan
Uru-Forged: Mental-> Storm Magi
Legendary: Gungnir/Warlock's Eye
Ring: Area Damage, Crit, Crit Damage, Brutal, Brutal Damage

Slot 1: Darkhold (Book of the Vishanti)
Slot 2: Doc Ock's Arms
Slot 3: Defender's Black Coat
Slot 4: Disciple of Dormammu's Sash
Slot 5: Cerebro Remote Interface (or Eye of Aggamotto)

Costume Core: Lifesteal or Invuln Proc
Costume Affixes: Crit Rating
Costume Visual: Flames of Zarathos STRANGE SMASH.

Insignia: O'Grady, or Valkyrie with any of Area Damage, Crit, Crit Damage, Brutal, Brutal Damage

I haven't Blessed or Enchanted yet but obviously just mental/area/ranged w/e

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 6, 2014

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
It's amazing when someone activates the invulnerability on a Hydra medallion while you're playing Squirrel Girl.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Aphrodite posted:

He was asking for a non hybrid. nickhimself's build uses a melee lunge and a PBAoE.

Neither of those things are necessary, though. You can get excellent single-target ranged damage out of Deadpool with Armor Buster, I would argue even more than from his melee thanks to the one passive you always want DP to have also boosting ranged damage. Switch from the caltrops to the uzi's, and you've still got boss-rear end area damage, which is also ranged and boosted by range, without really sacrificing anything.

Just because the one build somebody posted is a hybrid doesn't mean that's the only deadpool build available. I'd make one of my own to show how a pure ranged deadpool can operate, but I know jack poo poo about working that website, plus I'm too busy actually playing as deadpool :v:

Just max out DP's healing factor, god mode, shoot all the bullets, armor buster, and the passive in his ranged tree. You can do whatever the gently caress else you want with the rest of his points, because at that point you're an unkillable ranged avatar of death, and everything else on top of that is just gravy.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I am surprised at how fun and solid taskmaster plays. I've tried pure melee, hybrid and ranged builds and they all seem to be performing well! Now I just need to decide what I should stick with.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

the panacea posted:

I am surprised at how fun and solid taskmaster plays. I've tried pure melee, hybrid and ranged builds and they all seem to be performing well! Now I just need to decide what I should stick with.

Doing a ranged build with him right now and I really like it but I am probably going to prestige him and try out a pure melee build. Except maybe his shield throw definitely need that either way if only because it's fun to use.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Largepotato posted:

It's amazing when someone activates the invulnerability on a Hydra medallion while you're playing Squirrel Girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t45DKmtzTHo

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Soothing Vapors posted:

Here's a video to go with the One True Black Panther Build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csSWReETFfo. (I'm using Scything Sweep instead of Mobile Mine Array at the moment because the latter is buggy as poo poo right now, but it's otherwise the same build and I fully intend to use mines when they fix it.)

Counterpoint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W36sYTvL-Lo

Mobile mines own even if they are buggy as poo poo.

Please also note things not included in this video:
Decent bitrate
Stealthing
Giving a poo poo about taking damage

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Lux Aeterna posted:

Counterpoint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W36sYTvL-Lo

Mobile mines own even if they are buggy as poo poo.

Please also note things not included in this video:
Decent bitrate
Stealthing
Giving a poo poo about taking damage

Church of Purification is like a best-case scenario for mines. They're useless in so many places.

I hate Scything Sweep but I needs my AOE

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Goons (maybe mainly Cease since he dominates these large build posts), for our newbies and even our veterans, I see plenty of posts on official forums and in game asking, "Who should I put this Any Hero Unique on?"

Lots of times, these items can go on over a dozen characters and be decent at least. Here's what I want to see though: Who is the item BEST on?

I would love to see a giant list of all Any Hero Uniques sorted by slot with up to 2 characters listed for the best character. IE:

Slot 1:

Death Seed: Nightcrawler
Dragonfang: Wolferine, Insert other high critical character
Etc.

I was inspired by a post on the official forums but I noticed some horrible BIS choices and well, we are smarter than low commoner pubbie scum (YEAH!!!).

I'm even curious of our take on these Any Hero ones too because as often as I play, I don't even know BIS for these Any Hero uniques. Let's throw out some ideas, come to a verdict and post our top 2 characters for each Any Hero we feel confident about.

Must be 18 or older and background check is required.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Eiffel On You posted:

Goons (maybe mainly Cease since he dominates these large build posts), for our newbies and even our veterans, I see plenty of posts on official forums and in game asking, "Who should I put this Any Hero Unique on?"

Lots of times, these items can go on over a dozen characters and be decent at least. Here's what I want to see though: Who is the item BEST on?

I would love to see a giant list of all Any Hero Uniques sorted by slot with up to 2 characters listed for the best character. IE:

Slot 1:

Death Seed: Nightcrawler
Dragonfang: Wolferine, Insert other high critical character
Etc.

I was inspired by a post on the official forums but I noticed some horrible BIS choices and well, we are smarter than low commoner pubbie scum (YEAH!!!).

I actually started to put this together a while back, but it turned out I hadn't played a lot of the heroes in question, so I wasn't too sure about the results. For what it's worth, here's what I remember:

Deathseed: NC
Dragonfang: Hawkeye
Satan Claw: Wolverine
Doc Ock: IM, Storm
Oscorp: IM
Darkhold: multiples (but maybe not Loki?)
Cerebro: multiples

Edit:
Footstigons: multiples
Tabi Boots: multiples
Facet of the Uni-Power: Colossus

I can't remember if they were any others worth mentioning.

DrOgreface fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 6, 2014

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

DrOgreface posted:

I actually started to put this together a while back, but it turned out I hadn't played a lot of the heroes in question, so I wasn't too sure about the results. For what it's worth, here's what I remember:

Deathseed: NC
Dragonfang: Hawkeye
Satan Claw: Wolverine
Doc Ock: IM, Storm
Oscorp: IM
Darkhold: multiples (but maybe not Loki?)
Cerebro: multiples

That's actually a decent list, I would nitpick a few things though...The Death Seed on NC is only going to be good if A: you aren't running any sword skills B: Haven't been able to pick up any health. I would actually suggest a Slab of Subterranae on his Slot 2 instead, his slot two unique just pumps up his Dodge/AoE skills, both of which I had at a high enough level to run cosmics with perfectly fine, so more Health/Def got me better defensive gains.

Also for the Dragonfang/Satan's Claw/Deathseed, consider one on a hybrid Ms. Marvel, both of her slot ones pump up her ranged/energy skills, which are mostly there for AoE...again, another case of getting AoE up to a point where its "good enough", then focusing on her single target boss killers. I'm also using a Death Seed on BP right now, running the goon build that doesn't pull anything from his first skill tree, so the +skill from his Slot 1 is kinda a waste.

Speaking of a Slab, its a GIGANTIC gain in Health/Def/Phy Def, I'd consider one on any character (especially dodge based) whom don't have tanky Slot 2s, Symbiote Infestation is also another decent choice.

Dock Arms for anyone with mostly AoE as you point out.

Last Chance boot knife on Punisher/MK/GR...you'll really want to compare it to their uniques in that slot too though, I don't recall any of their's being "bleh", besides Punisher.

warrencanadian
Nov 22, 2013
I really need to sit down and come up with a good build for hawkeye. I want to like him, and I feel like my plan should be handling groups by hitting electric arrow and then tear gas, but the electric arrow is just flaky as hell at stunning/damaging anyone but the one guy it hits first. Maybe I'll retcon him and try melee for a lark.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/81575/congrats-on-cosmic-taskmaster-gorehawk#latest

I mentioned yesterday I saw a cosmic prestige Taskmaster. Yes, this is the guy.

We need to level harder, faster and stronger. I'm disappointed in all of us.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I found a Satan claw on my first Ms Marvel run and used it for every prestige except my ranged run. It's a great fit for her melee/lunge focused builds.

I also used an Eidolon Warwear for her as I never found a flight suit; it's a nice fit to help improve her ridiculous survivability.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Apr 6, 2014

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

warrencanadian posted:

I really need to sit down and come up with a good build for hawkeye. I want to like him, and I feel like my plan should be handling groups by hitting electric arrow and then tear gas, but the electric arrow is just flaky as hell at stunning/damaging anyone but the one guy it hits first. Maybe I'll retcon him and try melee for a lark.

Try explosive arrow- good AOE and damage, less finicky.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Pyronic posted:

Hey, so I understand there's been some confusion on Dr. Strange builds, if you're thinking about leveling him take a look at what i've got and lemme know if it works for you:

I can see how this build would be effective but I would not have liked it on my Strange:
Winds of Watoomb has a knockback, which is going to be moving enemies around instead of keeping them grouped up for the rest of your spells which are literally all AoE
Demons of Denak is the #1 Strange Survivability spell, it does a lot of damage and will make sure you never need Seven Rings/Shield
Seal of the Vishanti isn't very effective because with all of the moving around that happens in combat you will rarely be able to actually stand in it. It can also make some boss effects hard to see by increasing visual clutter

I personally max Seven Suns of Cinnibus over Dreamwalker, where you're basically spending 19 points for what amounts to a best-case-scenario of ~160 extra DR, ~180 extra Crit, and ~8% extra spirit cost reduction if you can get max Mysticism every 5 seconds. Seven Suns is a huge AoE incantation on a 2 second cooldown with low spirit cost that does a lot of damage and has a lot of bonus crit/crit damage on it. They should both be solid choices, though.

I found that anything short of 30+ wave xdef or most cosmic terminals I can just faceroll my attack spells and spam Demons of Denak while factanking everything and teleporting out of AoEs/when my health is low so I never found a use for any of Strange's defensive skills, and with such a great teleport you can always just teleport away for a second while Demons heals you then teleport right back in.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 6, 2014

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

A.C. posted:

I can see how this build would be effective but I would not have liked it on my Strange:
Winds of Watoomb has a knockback, which is going to be moving enemies around instead of keeping them grouped up for the rest of your spells which are literally all AoE
Demons of Denak is the #1 Strange Survivability spell, it does a lot of damage and will make sure you never need Seven Rings/Shield
Seal of the Vishanti isn't very effective because with all of the moving around that happens in combat you will rarely be able to actually stand in it. It can also make some boss effects hard to see by increasing visual clutter

I personally max Seven Suns of Cinnibus over Dreamwalker, where you're basically spending 19 points for what amounts to a best-case-scenario of ~160 extra DR, ~180 extra Crit, and ~8% extra spirit cost reduction if you can get max Mysticism every 5 seconds. Seven Suns is a huge AoE incantation on a 2 second cooldown with low spirit cost that does a lot of damage and has a lot of bonus crit/crit damage on it. They should both be solid choices, though.

I found that anything short of 30+ wave xdef or most cosmic terminals I can just faceroll my attack spells and spam Demons of Denak while factanking everything and teleporting out of AoEs/when my health is low so I never found a use for any of Strange's defensive skills, and with such a great teleport you can always just teleport away for a second while Demons heals you then teleport right back in.

I understand your point with Seal, but its actually REALLY good both group/solo, especially on boss encounters (still just one point in it though). I work it in with any of my skill rotations (I actually work in all his One-point def wonders, but I macro a LOT on him). Since my skill rotation is so long, I'm constantly nixing my CDs, so I can pop all of them as much as I want as long as I am constantly refreshing. I am running a basic-less build though, with enough points in Ancient Training to proc a Shrink for non stop spirit generation.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The new Gambit costume looks great guys http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/69500/finished-all-new-x-factor-costume

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Wow, not even 10 replies in and there's already a comment about the thighs being too fat.

The gently caress is with those people and thighs?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Even though I am only up to level 10 (I chose Torch) this game is hilariously easy so far. Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong, somehow :ohdear:

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Even though I am only up to level 10 (I chose Torch) this game is hilariously easy so far. Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong, somehow :ohdear:

That's normal. Cosmic terminals will kick your rear end if you're not careful though. Higher level Xdef waves are also extremely difficult.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Started playing Punisher today and he's actually pretty fun. I think I generally like most ranged heroes over melee ones.

Malseth
Aug 18, 2008
Fun Shoe

Aaron?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Harlock posted:

Started playing Punisher today and he's actually pretty fun. I think I generally like most ranged heroes over melee ones.

What build are you using? I really wanted to like Punisher but I found him dreadfully boring.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

AHungryRobot posted:

Wow, not even 10 replies in and there's already a comment about the thighs being too fat.

The gently caress is with those people and thighs?

"I want my avatar to skip leg day like I do."

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

haha that Gambit has Liefeld feet

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I just got the Disaster Survivor pack from the daily drop. There's nothing secret to it, right? I can just donate it?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Let's share some Taskmaster builds!

I've tried both of these fairly extensively at level 60, and they both work. As a bonus, the melee one doesn't require you to use loving Triple Strike.

Melee Taskmaster:
Max: Foeslayer Strike, Shield Crush, Cyclone Club, Nerve Gas Arrow, Peerless Archer, Impervious Soldier
1 point: Web Net (vuln), Relentless (CC break), Action!
Flex points go in Action! to increase its benefits, or into Flawless Emulation if you're selfish and want tiny bonuses that only apply to you.

The idea is to go in and spend spirit with Cyclone Club, then use Web Net every 5s, Nerve Gas Arrow every 7s and Shield Crush every 4s. Cyclone Club is your trash-clearing AoE. Foeslayer is what you'll be doing continually during this, so you want to try to be at ~25% spirit to get the bonus on it, and not go too high or too low.

For artefacts, you'll want an Advanced Crimson Crystal for sure (it's ~570 physical DR, ~1700 HP and a 1-2% invuln proc), but then you have quite a bit of choice:
- Advanced Kung-Fu (~370 melee DR, ~1300 health, ~300 dodge)
- Superheroic Yukio's (~550 melee DR, ~4200 HP/min) or White Suit Jacket (~480 melee DR, ~1800 HP, ~400 defence)
- Advanced Metasensory Array (+1 to all skills which is equal to 250 DR on everything, ~320 untyped DR, ~7% attack speed)
- Advanced Circlet (~580 physical DR and a small chance to spawn and invuln orb)
- physical Danger's AI Chip (~700 DR total)
- Ziggurat (~300 CR, ~650 CDR, lets you teleport - but you probably want to keep the 10% damage negation from Anti-Heroic Charge up at all times, and also you don't need to save spirit) or Gem of the Kursed (~270 CR/BR, ~850 CDR/BDR)

Of note is the fact that Nerve Gas Arrow will constantly refresh the Idol of Khonshu proc, so it is also a viable choice.

You will want to run Bone Breaker over River of the Soul, otherwise you'll be regenerating spirit too fast.

Ranged Taskmaster:
Max: Rebounding Shield, Deadly Volley, Dual Wield, Nerve Gas Arrow, Peerless Archer, Impervious Soldier
1 point: Web Net (vuln), Relentless (CC break), Action!
Flex points go in Action! to increase its benefits, or into Flawless Emulation if you're selfish and want tiny bonuses that only apply to you.

Throw out Nerve Gas, Rebounding Shield and Web Net every 4-5s, then hit the enemy with either Deadly Volley (for groups) or Dual Wield (for single target/when out of spirit).

For artefacts, you'll want Advanced Crimson Crystal as above, and then you will also want:
- a Superheroic Maht's Arrowhead, for the spirit on bleed. You can choose not to run this but be aware that you will run out of spirit a lot faster.
- a River of the Soul runeword on your uru.

Your choice for the other slots is more limited than the melee build:
- Advanced Metasensory Array
- Advanced Circlet
- physical Danger's AI Chip (~700 DR total)
- Ziggurat (the teleport is much more useful here as you won't be in the line of fire as much and you do need to conserve spirit) or Gem of the Kursed

In either case, good medallions include Madame Hydra (593 DR and a 4-6% invuln proc, both of which apply to your group, but neither of which stack with other Hydra medallions - so check to see you don't have two people running it), Green Goblin (~580 physical DR, ~1300 health - yes, it also has energy DR, but it's the highest source of physical DR in the medallion slot), Juggernaut medallion (~2000 HP, ~500 defence). If you're melee, you could also run a Tombstone (~510 melee DR, ~280 melee CR, ~1200 HP).

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 31, 2014

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

AHungryRobot posted:

That's normal. Cosmic terminals will kick your rear end if you're not careful though. Higher level Xdef waves are also extremely difficult.

Yeah, I think the difficulty curve is pretty much where it should be. You can pretty much run with whatever you want gear/skill wise till around the early 50s, and you don't have to worry about min/maxing until comsics. Even with subpar gear/skill selection the only big thing you'll notice is reduced TTK, and the game is pretty generous with deaths in any case. I know LOTS of players who get to that point and then just start in on another character (as in just hitting 60 for the XP synergy), this game is actually pretty great about catering to different preferences.

Edit:
I'm kicking a couple of builds around, but I'm not at 47 yet so I can't do the melee one:

Melee Taskmaster:
Max: Foeslayer Strike, Dismember, Shield Crush, Cyclone Club, Impervious Soldier, Fearless Acrobat
1 point: Rebounding Shield (bleed trigger for Crush), Web Net (vuln), Relentless (CC break), Action!

The idea is to go in and spend spirit with Dismember, then use Web Net every 5s, Crush every 4s (use Rebounding first if your target isn't bleeding). Cyclone Club is your trash-clearing AoE and procs the life-on-hit from DD a fair bit. When out of spirit, hit them with Foeslayer Strike.

Gearing is your normal melee build: ACCC, Adv KF, 550+ SH Yukio, wildcard (AMSA, HoD, GoK, whatever).

Ranged Taskmaster:
Max: Deadly Volley, Legion Arrow, Dual Wield, Nerve Gas Arrow (not sure how well it scales), Impervious Soldier, Peerless Archer
1 point: Rebounding Shield (Emulation defence buff trigger) Web Net (vuln), Relentless (CC break), Action!

Gearing probably involves an Advanced Crystal of Cadavus for the spirit-on-basic, to take advantage of Dual Wield's RoF - Deadly Volley/Legion Arrow (depending on target) until empty while reapplying Web Net/Nerve Gas Arrow as they run out, then Dual Wield until you're full again.
[/quote]

I just hit 60 with him myself, so no end game build yet, but I've been running a basicless build, with a Shrink for spirit regen.
I'm maxing: Hawkeye stance, Daredevil Stance, Emulation Passive....with Dismember(the triple strike), Shield Bounce, and Deadly Volley? (the big ranged cone AoE)
Typical one point wonders: CC break, Signature, one point in Teargas/Webbing for boss fights

I've got enough dodge on him to proc Shrink pretty regularly, and currently have the River of Souls runeword, so I can spam the hell out of Deadly Volley, and toss out his Shield whenever that comes back to me, and Dismember for tougher opponents. For boss fights I have Teargas/Webbing AoEs macroed together and open with those, then close in with Anti-Heroic charge for more damage reduction. I refresh Anti-Heroic, Deadly Volley when applicable (all his stuff has around ten seconds of duration, so its pretty easy to keep up), and just slam away with Dismember.

Really, really simple build so far, so there are probably better builds that will come out in a couple of days.

PoultryHammock fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 6, 2014

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Played this again this weekend after not really bothering for ages, Taskmaster is really great and the new re-designs of skill trees for old heroes/new content is nice. Did they remove rested XP? Everything seemed smoother and I got from 1-30 in pretty much a day and walked over content I remember being tougher in the past.

Still bitter that my free hero for completing story mode was Storm. My free hero token from last weekend was Storm and my 175 shards random hero was.... Storm. My Storm is level one and remains unplayed.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Giedroyc posted:

My Storm is level one and remains unplayed.

This should be rectified, Storm is real fun.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Giedroyc posted:

Played this again this weekend after not really bothering for ages, Taskmaster is really great and the new re-designs of skill trees for old heroes/new content is nice. Did they remove rested XP? Everything seemed smoother and I got from 1-30 in pretty much a day and walked over content I remember being tougher in the past.

Still bitter that my free hero for completing story mode was Storm. My free hero token from last weekend was Storm and my 175 shards random hero was.... Storm. My Storm is level one and remains unplayed.

I've played since Thanksgiving and rested XP hasn't been in the game in all that time, afaik

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Melee Taskmaster:
Max: Foeslayer Strike, Dismember, Shield Crush, Cyclone Club, Impervious Soldier, Fearless Acrobat
1 point: Rebounding Shield (bleed trigger for Crush), Web Net (vuln), Relentless (CC break), Action!

The idea is to go in and spend spirit with Dismember, then use Web Net every 5s, Crush every 4s (use Rebounding first if your target isn't bleeding). Cyclone Club is your trash-clearing AoE and procs the life-on-hit from DD a fair bit. When out of spirit, hit them with Foeslayer Strike.

There's been talk on the forum that the Rebounding Shield DoT isn't actually a bleed effect, so doesn't set up extra damage for Crush. Might be worth trying with gear points before spending a retcon.

Orgone Accumulator
Jan 28, 2006

It's been a long time coming.
Played a lot of Holo Sim over the weekend. I did a solo run at 58 with my Spider-Man and got to wave 26, but queuing at 60 with other people never got me higher than wave 15 or so. It's a fun change from xdef where you feel like a lot of your skills just don't work and you're whittling away at huge walls of HP but it feels like it takes forever to get through the early waves before you or the other guy inevitably get squashed by venom or a swarm of AIM bots. Funnily enough the only two people I saw who outpaced my damage were a squirrel girl and a hawkeye. Wrecking Ball and Amazing Smash do good work in Holo Sim.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Stickman posted:

There's been talk on the forum that the Rebounding Shield DoT isn't actually a bleed effect, so doesn't set up extra damage for Crush. Might be worth trying with gear points before spending a retcon.

I'm fairly sure it does - my Crush has a tooltip value of 17-25k and I've seen it hit (non-crit, obviously) for more than 25k.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
It definitely does count as a bleed, because I have a tooltip max of 77K, a brutal multiplier of 340%, and yet I routinely pull of brutals for 350-370K.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a tea tree
Dec 20, 2006

Kirby began to wonder if he shouldn't have just eaten the Nemesis, instead.
This whole build (and post) is considered work in progress - suggestions or recommendations on either are welcome, and I'm still tweaking the numbers and skills on the build itself. There's a summary at the bottom, if you just want to get to the good stuff.

Hey, kiddos - been playing Taskmaster a lot lately, right? Already paid me my 3 million credits and the soul of your firstborn to enroll in the Taskmaster Academy?

Some of you have even finished your Associate's Degree in Henching studies, Melee'd around the X-Mansion for a while... and you figure you know all there is to know about how to play Taskmaster - right?

Wrong, loser!

Welcome to Advanced Taskmaster 302, the class that'll make all the other Taskmasters want to be you, and all the Marvel honeys want to be with you...

"So You Want to Build a Ranged Taskmaster."

(She's here because she wants to be - I promise she is NOT a paid actress.)

Let's not mince words - even with my photographic reflexes, this build ain't perfect (close, maybe, but not perfect.) You'll do a lot of damage, but you're still gonna eat it if you overexert yourself. Possibly, you will eat it a lot. You're not the Taskmaster, after all - even when you're playing as me. You also don't have much single target damage - you need to wear bosses down with your DoTs and Shield Crush.

This one out-deeps'd Dr. Strange, once. Also, pay no attention to the many deaths from a Venom in wave 13.

The general idea behind ranged Taskmaster is copious spirit replenishment. You want to shoot your enemies, and never don't be shooting your enemies. Let's take a look at what to shoot them with:

The main themes of our build, outside of ranged attacks, is bleeds. Taskmaster is better than anyone who doesn't have adamantium claws at applying damaging bleeds. Let's look at each skill that I use individually:

Superb Combatant skills --

Anti-Heroic Charge: Well, I *did* say we'd look at every skill that I use. This is a one-pointer, it's our movement skill, it also negates a small portion of incoming damage. It's not exciting, but when you need to get where you're going, this is how you'll do it.

Rebounding Shield: "But Uncle Tasky," you cry, "we only use one point in shield to proc our Idols of Khonshu and Impervious Soldier auras!" Oh, how wonderfully naive you are, students. If you want to leave now, may I just remind you your fees for this class were 100% non-refundable.

That aside, we max this skill because not only is the damage scaling decent, but the DoT damage also scales. Between this and some other powers (more on those in a bit), we should be doing roughly 20k/second in DoT & bleed damage, not counting crits.

You have to remember to work the shield into your rotation, but its damage is definitely worth it.

Shield Crush: A solid one-pointer with movement and AOE capabilities that - whaddya know - does more damage to bleeding enemies. We like to make enemies bleed, don't we class?

That's what I thought. You could dump bonus points here, but only the base damage increases with the bleed bonus, and we have better things to do for the other 3.7 or so out of every 4 seconds that the skill isn't up.

Cyclone Club: This one's season-to-taste. I like it for those moments when you amnesiac out a bit and get surrounded by enemies - the attack speed slow combined with the same from Web Net should allow you to deal some good damage while taking as little as possible in return. Wouldn't blame you if you didn't take it, though.

Deadly Marksman skills --
Now we're getting to the good stuff.

Deadly Volley: The bread, butter, and gooey chocolate coating of our build. Use this early, use this often, use it anytime there's more than two or so enemies in your field of vision. A large cone (made larger with itemization, if you so desire) with piercing and a high rate of fire. Max it and never look back.

Web Net: Not quite as good as the wall-crawler's, but at least they're not comin' outta your butt. Since they cause vulnerability, take one point in 'em and throw 'em down at the start of an AOE rotation, before Tear Gas Arrows and Rebounding Shield.

Dual Wield: Out of spirit? Feeling like nobody loves you anymore? Your guns still love you, and they want to help you earn back your spirit, real quick. Bonus ranks in these increase your DPS a lot (damage AND attack speed scale,) but the damage scaling isn't fantastic, and your spirit restoration procs are all on internal cooldowns, anyways. 1 point.

Tear Gas Arrows: Another skill I'm not quite convinced what to do with - I like them, and they help increase our chance to proc Peerless Archer, but you'll can see on the build chart why I would say some of these points could be better spent elsewhere. (The answer is "because of Impervious Soldier", if you were wondering.)

Photographic Reflexes skills --
My pride and joy - though I wouldn't mind having a working memory back, some days.

Flawless Emulation: No one has ever said "Don't max this," and I'm not about to start now. You will always be using skills that proc both halves of this passive. Max the hell out of it.

Peerless Archer: We like to make them bleed. This skill does that real well. You also get bonus ranged DR and 5% attack speed for free. Max it.

Impervious Soldier: Very useful. 5% chance to nullify an attack, +health, +health regen, and some additional damage mitigation on top of it. Good, especially if you max Rebounding Shield, but not amazing for our purposes. This should be your primary points dump (unless, like me, you have gear with 18 ranks in the skill. Score!)

Relentless: I have often been described this way, yes. So will your Taskmaster, after he uses this build. One point.

Action! With all the cool poo poo you get to do in this build, you'll probably WANT to film a commercial or three in your time. That said, unless you're speccing real hard into power duration, this is down 80% of the time. I'd consider this either a one-pointer, or a secondary points dump (for points from the story quests.)

Skills alone don't make the man, though - you've also got to dress the part of the ranged Taskmaster:

I'm less certain of authoritative "correctitude" in this portion of the build, and the ASSS (Super-Soldier Serum) is on him as much because I got it while I was leveling him as anything else.

That said, here's the key points:

(Advanced) Crystal of Kadavus: Daddy likey. Attack speed to shoot more arrows and guns, and a healthy amount of spirit back while using Dual Wield.

River of the Soul: More spirit, more power duration, and lower costs.

Doc Ock Medallion: My personal choice in neckwear, since we're using so many Area-tagged skills. DR, AOE size increase, and increased crit chance.

I'm using Relic of the Gibborim right now, but I think they could pretty easily be switched out for Xandar, Atlantis, Atilan, or Lemuria, depending on your personal needs at this point.

That's all for now, kiddos. Happy to incorporate any feedback you may have --

...Except for that.

SionSionSion friendly version

For ranged Taskmaster, you should:

MAX:
Deadly Volley
Flawless Emulation
Peerless Archer
Tear Gas Arrows

ONE POINT:
Anti-Heroic Charge
Web Net
Relentless
Dual Wield
Shield Crush
Cyclone Club (?)

and SPREAD POINTS BETWEEN:
Impervious Soldier
Action!
Rebounding Shield

Note that you should have a(n) (Advanced) Crystal of Kadavus and River of the Soul to make this build work.

--END LOW-EFFORT RECAP PORTION--

a tea tree fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Apr 7, 2014

• Locked thread