Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I especially like this one because its the exact opposite of what happened last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

8raz posted:

Tell me you didn't make this.

It's okay I didn't.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

At least he can score against Sunderland though

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Heh. :)

https://twitter.com/andytcarroll/status/452872611660566528

Psybro
May 12, 2002

DickEmery posted:

Arsenal posters turning on their players is beyond parody now.

Is Cazorla still better than Bale/a worthy replacement for Fabregas

L£O ‏@isbantergood 19m
@AndyTCarroll gently caress off you fat alcoholic women beating thug i hope you die

Psybro fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 6, 2014

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

8raz posted:

But your form has dropped since you got knocked out...?

Our form has dropped since we lost our best players and set up against tactically superior teams like complete morons.

Psybro posted:

Is Cazorla still better than Bale/a worthy replacement for Fabregas

Source your quotes or shut up?

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Psybro posted:

L£O ‏@isbantergood 19m
@AndyTCarroll gently caress off you fat alcoholic women beating thug i hope you die

Sounds like banter is in fact good.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Terrible.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

not not luvd posted:

Our form has dropped since we lost our best players and set up against tactically superior teams like complete morons.
Doesn't this support the post you were originally contending?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

not not luvd posted:

Lol, calm down son*

*You're not actually my son, sorry.

Psybro
May 12, 2002

not not luvd posted:

Yeah I'm gonna trawl through thousands of pages of poo poo to prove something that definitely happened.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Cazorla is actually better than Ronaldo.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Psybro posted:

Yeah I'm gonna trawl through thousands of pages of poo poo to prove something that definitely happened.

Yeah that's fair. I still can't believe that All Manchester United Fans were convinced that Cleverly was the new Scholes. Honestly, I'm still shocked.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I said Suarez was better than Torres and hell, I think I was right

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

8raz posted:

Doesn't this support the post you were originally contending?

Maybe we're not talking about the same posts. It's a pointless discussion anyway. If you don't think Liverpool have been fantastically lucky this season (while still deserving a lot of credit and playing brilliantly) we're not really going to get anywhere.

All we need to remember is that Arsenal Are poo poo.

Psybro
May 12, 2002

not not luvd posted:

Yeah that's fair. I still can't believe that All Manchester United Fans were convinced that Cleverly was the new Scholes. Honestly, I'm still shocked.

I was ahead of the curve because I watched him at Wigan and noticed that James McCarthy upstaged him in every game. Also that most of his better performances came against teams who were either already beaten or defending deep enough to cede midfield entirely.

Only Ninpo here really banged on about him whereas every single player Arsenal have signed since the inception of this forum has been brilliant until they weren't any more.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Everton have their annual home banker against us coming up, so thats going to make life more difficult to Arsenal.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Psybro posted:

I was ahead of the curve because I watched him at Wigan and noticed that James McCarthy upstaged him in every game. Also that most of his better performances came against teams who were either already beaten or defending deep enough to cede midfield entirely.

Only Ninpo here really banged on about him whereas every single player Arsenal have signed since the inception of this forum has been brilliant until they weren't any more.

To be fair I've raved about Cazorla in the past but I've never suggested he was at Fabregas level. Or Bale.

It's also not entirely impossible for a player to be brilliant and then not so much later on. Look at Valencia at United for one easy example.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

not not luvd posted:

Maybe we're not talking about the same posts. It's a pointless discussion anyway. If you don't think Liverpool have been fantastically lucky this season (while still deserving a lot of credit and playing brilliantly) we're not really going to get anywhere.
Well not with that attitude no. I suppose it would be pointless for me to ask that you elaborate on that statement?

The no European football thing has definitely worked in our favour. What fantastical luck have we had?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

8raz posted:

The no European football thing has definitely worked in our favour. What fantastical luck have we had?
Well we've pretty much avoided injuries the whole season, particularly to the most important players. But then again Suarez was banned for the start of the season, so that was "unlucky" in the sense our best player did something mental and got banned.

What's characterised Liverpools season is massive scorelines and pretty much all those games had nothing to do with luck.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Cazorla was breathtaking in his first game at Arsenal tbf, as good as Fabregas on his best day. He never really equalled that again though.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

not not luvd posted:

To be fair I've raved about Cazorla in the past but I've never suggested he was at Fabregas level. Or Bale.

It's also not entirely impossible for a player to be brilliant and then not so much later on. Look at Valencia at United for one easy example.

i cant believe valencia is your go to example when fernando loving torres exists

Psybro
May 12, 2002

not not luvd posted:

Yeah but conversely I remember Emmanuel Frimpong coming on to run around fouling people for ten minutes and people getting excited about it for some reason.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

blue footed boobie posted:

Cazorla was breathtaking in his first game at Arsenal tbf, as good as Fabregas on his best day. He never really equalled that again though.

So was Arshavin...
And Ozil...
Is there some kind of... pattern?

:confused:

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

The Mail are reporting Chris Hughton has been sacked

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Blue Screen Error posted:

Joking aside there are a lot of pundits who either played with him or coached with him and he's such a nice man that the rest don't want to believe he's not very good.

He does seem to be the nicest man in football and considering all the shites you can see why people like him. He needs sacking though

JingleBells posted:

welp

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Eau de MacGowan posted:

So was Arshavin...
And Ozil...
Is there some kind of... pattern?

:confused:

It's almost as if Wenger...must...walk?

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

8raz posted:

Well not with that attitude no. I suppose it would be pointless for me to ask that you elaborate on that statement?

The lack of fixture congestion has been a huge influence IMO. It's not so much having 5-10 extra games, it's having to frequently play three games in a week.

You've had brilliant luck with injuries to your best players which is obviously partly influenced by the games bit.

United have poo poo the bed, we've been decimated by injuries to our best players, Chelsea are lacking a goalscorer and for some reason City are incredibly lazy and strolling through games.

Admittedly this is how a lot of teams win the league but you asked.

I don't want to take too much away because you have been brilliant this year but it's all coming together perfectly which requires a lot of luck.

E -

I don't know why I bothered to write that much. No injuries, fewer fixtures and poo poo rivals basically.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

i cant believe valencia is your go to example when fernando loving torres exists

Especially when Ramsey is going to come back and be gash.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

JingleBells posted:

The club announced it: http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/20140406-adams-hughton-norwich-city-manager-1471649.aspx

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Well I think we know why he's not good anymore, when others became poo poo without being injured and brought back too soon repeatedly.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I did not expect that. Bit of a shambles tbh

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

tbp posted:

I said Suarez was better than Torres and hell, I think I was right

In 2010 you were saying he could end up being the best player to ever play in the premiership

I saw it when looking for the jozy thread

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Taff posted:

In 2010 you were saying he could end up being the best player to ever play in the premiership

I saw it when looking for the jozy thread

Torres or Suarez, use some loving diction in your posts.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Neil Adams as caretaker is heartfelming as gently caress considering how he was treated by Glenn Roeder

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Shrapnig posted:

Torres or Suarez, use some loving diction in your posts.

In 2010 Suarez was playing in the dutch league, aka the home of wastemen

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Neil Adams as caretaker is heartfelming as gently caress considering how he was treated by Glenn Roeder

Fulham away, Liverpool home, United away, Chelsea away, Arsenal home. I guess they're hoping the new(ish) manager bounce gets a win over Fulham and that 35 points will be enough?

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

not not luvd posted:

But it works both ways for Arsenal.

I've watched Ramsey since he was a kid at Cardiff so have always known how good he is.
Most of last season he was getting nothing but stick from Arsenal fans.
It's not so much being berated for playing badly, but being written off completely and blamed for their hilarious annual capitulation.
Same thing has happened with Walcott, Ox-Cham, all of their goalkeepers, Giroud, Toure, Arteta, Rosicky, Song, Nasri, Sagna, Wiltshire and countless others.
Other than RvP or Fabregas I can't think of an Arsenal player since Henry who hasn't at one point been labelled as completely worthless by his own supporters,
Not all of them were poo poo.

If you somehow keep buying players who oscillate between world-beaters one year and unbelievable shite the next then perhaps something else is going on besides luck.

not not luvd posted:

I'm sure you can find a better image than that.

It was the actual "you bought me a Lexus and so my life is ruined" girl though, so I get extra marks for that.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

I did not expect that. Bit of a shambles tbh
Off the top of my head I don't know Norwich's fixtures, but it seems a bit late for it to me. There's 5 games to go, I don't think there's time for any possible turnaround from an inexperienced manager. They'll probably be okay anyway, they're 5 points clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

DickEmery posted:

But it works both ways for Arsenal.

I've watched Ramsey since he was a kid at Cardiff so have always known how good he is.
Most of last season he was getting nothing but stick from Arsenal fans.
It's not so much being berated for playing badly, but being written off completely and blamed for their hilarious annual capitulation.
Same thing has happened with Walcott, Ox-Cham, all of their goalkeepers, Giroud, Toure, Arteta, Rosicky, Song, Nasri, Sagna, Wiltshire and countless others.
Other than RvP or Fabregas I can't think of an Arsenal player since Henry who hasn't at one point been labelled as completely worthless by his own supporters,
Not all of them were poo poo.

If you somehow keep buying players who oscillate between world-beaters one year and unbelievable shite the next then perhaps something else is going on besides luck.

It was the actual "you bought me a Lexus and so my life is ruined" girl though, so I get extra marks for that.

The issue is that you're still lumping all Arsenal fans together. And lol I did like the Lexus video.

We can't win though. Support Wenger and we're Stockholming idiots, say we're upset and we're spoiled morons.

• Locked thread