Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Has it ever been explained why Popeye and Olive are together? She is awful in every possible way.
Because wimmin agh agh agh agh agh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Wanamingo posted:

I'm hoping all the other police are normal and that he's just a weirdo that nobody really likes, but who can't be fired because he's the chief's son or something.

You don't even need to joke about that, it's pretty obviously where the story's headed.

Who said I was joking. It is pretty obvious where it's going. And it's incredibly stupid.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Guy Gilchrist draws dogs better than people.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
You forgot about Guy Gilchrist's Bearly Angels, which he's still doing by the way.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
That's some serious innuendo going on right there.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I can't believe how hard I'm chuckling at this right now. :golfclap:

Funny Papers Megathread XV: lovely Cartoonist Contracts Ebola

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

The answer posted:

Slylock dripped hot candle wax onto the liquid's surface until the fumes were completely sealed in.

Slylock Fox

I think Mr. Grizzly's alibi is wrong because there's no way he could have gone inside that tiny house to grab a snack. Also Boo Boo must be like a human version of Max Mouse.

Moose and Molly

Evidently Moose is Jack's role model and has taken to a life of petty crime in order to eat.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Midnight Moth posted:

Slylock Fox

I think Mr. Grizzly's alibi is wrong because there's no way he could have gone inside that tiny house to grab a snack. Also Boo Boo must be like a human version of Max Mouse.

Slylock should hire Sophia (age 10) to draw the comic.
Also Yellow + Blue makes Green. :downs:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Moose and Molly is what would happen if the uncanny valley were condensed into comic strip form, I think.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

I feel you Gil. Going clothes shopping with your mom is absolutely awful. I hate JC Penney to this day but thankfully all the ones here went under so I don't have to think about it much.

Retail

Stuart's making a really lame morality argument when he should really just stick to the economics. But yes if Grumbel's is operating on such thin margins on a skeleton crew that they can't absorb the increase in payroll costs they're probably going to have to increase product prices to make up for it and lose even more business to Amazon. I tend to think department stores are pretty hosed regardless though.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Karl is literally asserting his dominance over the neighborhood in the first phase of the robot takeover plan.

Dustin

I think that's the first time Dustin coordinated the end of a week long story arc on a Sunday. Who says he wants to submit it to the DMV? What 23-year-old doesn't want to post about their experience standing in line at the DMV on their Facebook page?

On the Fastrack

"Horribly outdated storage media! My weakness!"

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

Just leave cards in everyone's mailbox like every other charity around spring cleaning time.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
So Dethany would become Webdog?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

:stonk:

Welp, that certainly didn't turn out the way I thought it was going to. Nice job, Wiley. It'll be interesting, if it continues, to see where it will go from here, but I'll bet he's done.

And, Dana's back in the game, so here are two Heavenly Nostrils

Huh. I think these are all reruns. I definitely remember the last one from some time ago.

9 Chickweed Lane 4/6/2003

Yep, it's a word.

Zits

My kid collects cameras, and is an amateur photographer, and you can do some really cool stuff with polaroid film. I guess Fujifilm stopped making it though, so it's getting scarce.

Kevin & Kell

Huh. Never heard of it. Was it any good?

E: Christ, I just saw "pyschological". Copy editors? gently caress 'em.

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 6, 2014

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

Midnight Moth posted:

Slylock dripped hot candle wax onto the liquid's surface until the fumes were completely sealed in.

How is that supposed to work? If I drip candle wax on any kind of a normal viscosity liquid, it certainly doesn't spread nicely on the surface, forming a wax seal. Besides, it would take quite long for enough wax to melt in the first place.
:goonsay:

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

Its alright. Its pretty dark with some graphic rape scenes which makes the fanart sort of disturbing.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looking it up real quick, Perfect Blue involves lots of murder and an attempted rape That's all I can tell you about it, thread. Definitely not family friendly. :v:

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

My kid collects cameras, and is an amateur photographer, and you can do some really cool stuff with polaroid film. I guess Fujifilm stopped making it though, so it's getting scarce.
Yeah, packs of Polaroid film can command a premium price. I believe some company bought the last manufacturing plant, and now markets it to young people with money to burn; since they're the only ones selling it, they basically get to pick their own price.

My Sunday comics will be coming later on, once I finish prepping them, but I wanted to share Minus Jon Plus Jon.
Here's a sample.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Valiantman posted:

How is that supposed to work? If I drip candle wax on any kind of a normal viscosity liquid, it certainly doesn't spread nicely on the surface, forming a wax seal. Besides, it would take quite long for enough wax to melt in the first place.
:goonsay:

If there's one thing nobody questions here, its the answer to Slylock puzzles.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Tiggum posted:

Haha, yes, in England the police dress like Sherlock Holmes. :haw:

That is Sherlock Holmes (as portrayed by Jeremy Brett).

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

:stonk:

Welp, that certainly didn't turn out the way I thought it was going to. Nice job, Wiley. It'll be interesting, if it continues, to see where it will go from here, but I'll bet he's done.

Was this entire storyline a prequel to OH BABY?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Was this entire storyline a prequel to OH BABY?

Ah, poo poo. :psyboom:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Midnight Moth posted:

Retail

Stuart's making a really lame morality argument when he should really just stick to the economics. But yes if Grumbel's is operating on such thin margins on a skeleton crew that they can't absorb the increase in payroll costs they're probably going to have to increase product prices to make up for it and lose even more business to Amazon. I tend to think department stores are pretty hosed regardless though.

Counterpoint: More shoppers will have more money to spend too, but Stuart doesn't account for that because he knows in his heart that his company is poo poo and going to go out of business regardless. (I realize Grumbel's is Generic Department Store X, but this company seems really terrible on several levels, like staffing one of its stores with the assholes from Retail.)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Like he's not just going to get it off the internet like everyone else.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

It was directed by the guy who directed Paranoia Agent.
Also, that was honestly one of the last things I would think Holbrook would reference.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0156887/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Have you seen Black Swan? There's quite a few parallels, too many to be coincidence. I'm not sure if they acknowledge them or what though.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

The Little King

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

I think that's the first time Dustin coordinated the end of a week long story arc on a Sunday. Who says he wants to submit it to the DMV? What 23-year-old doesn't want to post about their experience standing in line at the DMV on their Facebook page?
I just want to know why he dressed up in a coat and tie to spend all week waiting in line if he was just going to switch back to his usual clothing when it came time to take the picture.

Oh poo poo, I just realized Jeffy grows up to be the Fat Creep. That tumor's going to start forming any day now.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Homer the Reluctant Soul

Geech forgot to tell a joke.

Probably not the best place to say this, as two other people here remember poor Jeremy Brett and how he was the best Holmes ever, but what modern-day kid would know who Fred and Wilma are? Have any of you watched a whole episode of the Flintstones? Or seen the twenty-year-old movie? Or had the Red Dwarf conversation about her?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Midnight Moth posted:

Gil

I feel you Gil. Going clothes shopping with your mom is absolutely awful. I hate JC Penney to this day but thankfully all the ones here went under so I don't have to think about it much.

Smug now while you can, lady. Just wait and see what happens next time you want the kid to hurry up and get his shoes on.

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Prince Valiant

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bolt

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Oh my god, JJJ realizing the true impact of super-brawls. I'm glad even Newspaper Jonah has a limit to how low he'll go to catch Spiderman.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Maltose posted:

Oh my god, JJJ realizing the true impact of super-brawls. I'm glad even Newspaper Jonah has a limit to how low he'll go to catch Spiderman.

Surprising as it is. :psyduck:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Julet Esqu posted:

Prince Valiant

A rare art error there by the Valiant team. The sword was probably moved to make way for the text, but it looks like it's sticking out from between his fingers now.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
I like the guy in the background who had the presence of mind to score himself a metric fuckton of sushi.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Manuel Calavera posted:

Surprising as it is. :psyduck:

He who fights Spider-mans, becomes a Spider-man himself.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

The Phantom

Pickles

Sunday Rip Haywire

Classic Prince Valiant

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

don Jaime posted:

Probably not the best place to say this, as two other people here remember poor Jeremy Brett and how he was the best Holmes ever, but what modern-day kid would know who Fred and Wilma are? Have any of you watched a whole episode of the Flintstones? Or seen the twenty-year-old movie? Or had the Red Dwarf conversation about her?

I mean, they're a pretty iconic cartoon, and '90s Cartoon Network just shoved them wherever they needed to fill space

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Let's hope Gilchrist doesn't come across this strip.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
E;f,b.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GorfZaplen posted:

Heathcliff

What in the nine fucks?

• Locked thread