Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

ImpAtom posted:

The current Avengers movie canon is that Bruce Banner once shot himself in the mouth and the other guy spit it out. So an automatic weapon from a few feet away probably ain't gonna do it.

Was that filmed, or only mentioned in one of the films? I know it was in the opening cutscene to the movie tie-in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Trilobite posted:

If anyone hasn't seen the Hulk Out List, it's worth a look. 131 actual reasons Banner hulked out in the TV show, including "Being stuck in a cab in New York rush hour traffic" and "Having two mean football players snap wet towels at him and shove him into the steam room."

44. Kicking over a beehive and then being surprised when the bees are mad at him

Dr. Bruce Banner, genius scientist.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

BizarroAzrael posted:

Was that filmed, or only mentioned in one of the films? I know it was in the opening cutscene to the movie tie-in game.

It was one of the ways Bruce described trying to kill himself in The Avengers.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Bloody Holly posted:

I used to think so too, but defenders hulk is written like Lenny from "of mice and men" with the cheese dialled up to 11. He's more or less the spidey super stories version of hulk. When writers try to take hulk seriously it never works for me (didn't he eat people in something?)

That was Ultimate Hulk who ate people, including the Skrull stand-in Chitauri.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BizarroAzrael posted:

They originally filmed it as the opening to Incredible Hulk but cut it because they thought it was too dark.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

goatface posted:

I'm sure I remember a comic with Banner getting nuked and the Hulk emerging from the blast.

In fact the speed of Hulking out changes from author to author, as does the speed in which he needs to change back to Bruce Banner.

One time in a Bruce Jones issue of Hulk*, Iron-Man and Hulk are shown being able to swap between their human and superhuman forms in the space of a single panel.
And I don't mean it was done to just save on room, it was like they were fighting, some person is about to walk into the room, and they switch back to human and pretend to be all buddy buddy and not let on that they are about to tear each other apart.

*= Warning: Humans should not attempt to read the Bruce Jones run on Hulk, even if he was one of the first writers to seriously do Iron-Man and Hulk interactions. Him, Layton/Michllene and Warren Ellis were the early pioneers of the Science Bro's.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DarkCrawler posted:

Yeah, I've always wondered how Iceman hasn't killed like dozens of people. I thought he might just dissipate them but wouldn't he fall if he did so?
I imagine it being like Frozone in the incredibles movie, sublimating like it's made of dry ice instead of water-ice.
I couldn't find a gif of this, but this did turn up.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

SynthOrange posted:

I've never thought about it before but drat if ice-slides arent a ridiculously dangerous mode of transport, leaving free-standing unsupported arches of ice about a car wide and however long they are, waiting to break apart and squash any pedestrians underneath.

No-Prize Solution: The slides are actually frozen into mostly empty, but strong, lattices of ice at the microscopic level that give them less mass than solid chunks and let them more or less harmlessly evaporate or melt quickly after a few minutes.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Edward_Tohr posted:

44. Kicking over a beehive and then being surprised when the bees are mad at him

Dr. David Banner, genius scientist.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Hulk's always been able to do the crazy calculation poo poo (Incredible Hulk #120):

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
No context, Defenders #33.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Servoret posted:

Defenders #31

BTW, Hulk straight up murders those two hunters on the next page, so Amadeus Cho is totally full of poo poo.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

No context, Defenders #33.

Certainly quite a story they're weaving.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Now that Disney owns Marvel they really need to make shorts of superheroes showing up to save the day before the sad parts of a disney movie come up. Xavier and Hank need to help out in The Beauty and the Beast.

Better yet, an M-rated Kingdom Hearts game where instead of glitter attacks and hitting things with a key, you can summon Sabretooth or Wolverine to just hack the living loving poo poo out of things.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
Disney owns Marvel and Star Wars, imagine the crossovers... I'm personally holding out for Galactus vs the Deathstar, Galactus wins but the planet loses.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

Disney owns Marvel and Star Wars, imagine the crossovers... I'm personally holding out for Galactus vs the Deathstar, Galactus wins but the planet loses.

Darth Vader ditches Palpatine to serve Maleficent.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Say Nothing posted:

I imagine it being like Frozone in the incredibles movie, sublimating like it's made of dry ice instead of water-ice.
I couldn't find a gif of this, but this did turn up.

Making dry ice slides out of CO2 makes slightly more sense than condensing several tons of water out of thin air.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The saga continues:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I think that's the funniest one since the one that started it all, holy poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo, Jonah only just now realizing this isn't all a game is hilarious.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I can't work out if the people that write that sniff glue a hell of a lot, or they're sitting there writing the scripts and yucking it up.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Metal Loaf posted:

That's also how they explain Hank Pym's ability to change size; he uses Pym Particles to draw matter from another dimension (or something like that). One time, his extra-dimensional mass gained sentience, turned evil and tried to take his place (or something like that).

Seriously, it this a thing with Hank Pym? His experiments becoming sentient, develop daddy issues and try to kill him?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

e X posted:

Seriously, it this a thing with Hank Pym? His experiments becoming sentient, develop daddy issues and try to kill him?

It's the life of a mad scientist.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Avulsion posted:

Making dry ice slides out of CO2 makes slightly more sense than condensing several tons of water out of thin air.
Now, if he could get cold enough to freeze nitrogen solid, he'd have a lot more material to work with.

Contribution, Runaways #30.

I believe this opinion to be probably correct.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

The MSJ posted:

The saga continues:

The first two panels appear to be straight out of a 1960s Spiderman cover.

If Stan Lee is writing this and he's stuck 50 years ago, this explains everything.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Say Nothing posted:

Contribution, Runaways #30.

I believe this opinion to be probably correct.

Both 1907 and the comic's time spent in 1907?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

MikeJF posted:

Both 1907 and the comic's time spent in 1907?

Yes and yes.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo, Jonah only just now realizing this isn't all a game is hilarious.

This kinda thing ain't entirely new, as a premise. Not that it ain't funny. That last face alone, after all. He STILL can't stop with the teeth.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

The MSJ posted:

The saga continues:

Come on, Jonah, Newspaper Spider-Man can be taken out by a brick. You seriously thought you wouldn't kill him with Iron Man armor?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

LordPants posted:

I can't work out if the people that write that sniff glue a hell of a lot, or they're sitting there writing the scripts and yucking it up.

The only explanation that really makes sense is that it is actually being written by Stan Lee.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It's actually his brother, apparently. Stan just puts his name on it because, well, Stan Lee's never had an issue claiming other people's work.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

It's actually his brother, apparently. Stan just puts his name on it because, well, Stan Lee's never had an issue claiming other people's work.

Roy Thomas said recently that he's been writing some strips.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

The MSJ posted:

The saga continues:

Oh my god I love how the expression on JJ's drawn-on face has changed to show that he is worried about becoming a murderer. Didn't he have an angry face before?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's not drawn on. It's being projected through the helmet. Tony apparently put this feature in his armor despite having a secret identity at the time it was built.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

LvK posted:

one time Punisher fired a remote mine at a family minivan and let the mafia guys he was trying to kill take the blame

When was this?

Off the top of my head I can recall a Castle thinking to himself about killing a kid (child soldier, too far gone) in...the Marvel Knights line I believe, might be MAX; also the arc Ghosts of Innocents, where he chases a guy onto a kid's schoolbus that is then hit by a train (and he tortures himself with the guilt of that accident).

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
She-Hulk #3: She-Hulk has her first client and it's Kristoff Vernard, who's seeking political asylum in the US from Latveria because he doesn't want to rule. But it's kind of hard to get away from a helicopter parent as hardcore as Doctor Doom.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

The art is uh, something, but the doombot girlfriends and doombot Captain America childhood adventure is just :allears:

Richards! Behold my superior parenting strategies :doom:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Pimpmust posted:

The art is uh, something, but the doombot girlfriends and doombot Captain America childhood adventure is just :allears:

Richards! Behold my superior parenting strategies :doom:

During the Infinity: Hunt mini series (the one that is all about the different schools for Super Children around the world) the Latverian class was shown as having a teacher who was a cross between Dr. Doom and a 1950's female school teacher. Bearing this in mind, I have to imagine that Kristoff's wetnurse was modelled to look like Mary Poppins.

"Who but Doom could weaponize such Whimsy! :doom:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I'd love to just have a series taking place in and being about life in Latveria/Doomstadt.

Too bad it doesn't have any need for heroes besides Doom, because Doom-Spider would be an amazing character.

Every issue is either:
Peter von Doompark just chilling out with his buddies because there IS NO CRIME IN LATVERIA
Peter von Doompark reaching for his mask, but a Friendly Neighborhood Doombot appears and arrests the FOREIGN TERRORIST.
Fandoomtastic Adventures with Doom(bots)???

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Pimpmust posted:

I'd love to just have a series taking place in and being about life in Latveria/Doomstadt.

Too bad it doesn't have any need for heroes besides Doom, because Doom-Spider would be an amazing character.

Every issue is either:
Peter von Doompark just chilling out with his buddies because there IS NO CRIME IN LATVERIA
Peter von Doompark reaching for his mask, but a Friendly Neighborhood Doombot appears and arrests the FOREIGN TERRORIST.
Fandoomtastic Adventures with Doom(bots)???

I blame you for making me imagine Captain Latveria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Not that it'd really fly today, but Spider-man pretty much beat the crap out of Doom the first time they met. Although I guess he might've had some more tricks up his sleeve, he did decide to leave because the FF were showing up or something.

I just bring that up because I imagined a Latveria-born Spidey taking down the oppressive government and becoming KING SPIDER.

• Locked thread