Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Seymour Butts posted:

Can phasing/teleporting characters break-away without having to roll for it? What about flyers?
Phasing can, fliers can't. Once they're in motion, though, fliers don't have to stop if they become adjacent to an opposing character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Double-posting for a good cause: WizKids put up the dials for World's Finest and Hulk/Betty.

World's Finest
Hulk/Betty

World's Finest lets you play as the duo, Power Girl, or Huntress. The Power Girl section is standard flying brick stuff, but Huntress is loving incredible. 75 points for Bat-Ally, running shot with improved movement, psyblast, combat reflexes, and perplex? Yes please.

Hulk/Betty is much more straightforward. They're gonna loving hurt you.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

That Huntress is so loving good

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Those are some solid, straightforward and fun dials, but good lord that Huntress :psyduck:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Listen, I just want to know more about this All-American Sentinel:

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

CapnAndy posted:

Hulk/Betty is much more straightforward. They're gonna loving hurt you.

HAHA! Duo with an object for 7, Follow up with CCE for 6 more! Sidestep away! They can definitely lay the hurt.

And huntress is drat good.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Morand posted:

HAHA! Duo with an object for 7, Follow up with CCE for 6 more! Sidestep away! They can definitely lay the hurt.

And huntress is drat good.

You forget we have standard ultra heavies, now! That first hit is for 8! :getin:

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him
Annoyed that several of those con LEs are characters that have never been clixed in any variant before.

On the other hand, came in 3rd or so in AvX 4, but had enough tourney points to walk away with Dark Phoenix.

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

Sanschel posted:

Edit: Oh, and said venue finally got their price schedule figured out for WoL. Since this is basically a for-fun group and not a store able to cut deals and make it up for it elsewhere, it'll cost $30 a month per person, for which you get one WoL booster and one other booster (SLoSH or Deadpool) plus the participation prizes, done in a booster draft format. Unfortunately they need the money upfront to order anything so each player needs to pay $180 by the beginning of May if this venue is gonna run WoL. This is assuming exactly ten people want to sign up as they're only getting one OP Kit; if more than 10 want to sign up the price jumps to $35-40 per month or more to order a second OP kit & brick, and if fewer than 15 people sign up then there has to be a lottery to determine who gets to be the lucky 10 since it's impossible to order for only 11 or 12 people.

This is all kinds of loving horrible and I hate that WizKids has made their OP program so awful that this is what it's come to.

I'm fairly certain there's no way the place I play at broke even on AvX even with the participation fee they had considering the costs I saw for the OP kit a couple months back. Which sucks because they're really chill and gave people opposing faction participation prizes since there wasn't a big enough turnout to eat up all the prizes.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Senator Robert Kelly is here to gently caress unmercifully with theme teams and provide outwit, perplex, or prob for only 42 points.

Also he's begging to be modded into Phoenix Wright.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Senator Robert Kelly is here to gently caress unmercifully with theme teams and provide outwit, perplex, or prob for only 42 points.

Don't gently caress with this Senator. Been a bit since we had a good, cheap, politician support figure. Think he'll do nicely as a JJJ replacement.

edit: man they even got Konami in on the clix, where's the Metal Gear clix?

Chumppell fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 4, 2014

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Chumppell posted:

This is something I've dreamed of for so long. I'd kill for a colossal Metal Gear Rex or Peace Walker.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Chumppell posted:

Don't gently caress with this Senator. Been a bit since we had a good, cheap, politician support figure. Think he'll do nicely as a JJJ replacement.

Does it count that Kelly's giant meat paws and straining suit jacket makes him look like Senator Armstrong?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

I'm loving this figure

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I have a few questions about the Robert Kelly character.

If you attacked with a character who has pulse wave who Kelly selected with his trait, would that attacker ignore pushing damage since you are ignoring the trait (if the attacker can use willpower)? If you knocked Senator Kelly out with a pulsewave, would it prevent the senator's teammates from healing a click? I think pulse wave would ignore both of these effects?

Also, if a character uses pulse wave, and the character using pulse wave has Prob Control (like GG Adam Warlock), can the attacker use PC? Basically, does the attacker in pulse wave draw a line of fire to himself, and ignore his own abilities except for pulse wave? I think the attacker can use PC, but I wasn't sure.

Pulse wave seems like the most amazing, but most complicated power.

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 5, 2014

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Fritzler posted:

I have a few questions about the Robert Kelly character.

If you attacked with a character who has pulse wave who Kelly selected with his trait, would that attacker ignore pushing damage since you are ignoring the trait (if the attacker can use willpower)? If you knocked Senator Kelly out with a pulsewave, would it prevent the senator's teammates from healing a click? I think pulse wave would ignore both of these effects?

Also, if a character uses pulse wave, and the character using pulse wave has Prob Control (like GG Adam Warlock), can the attacker use PC? Basically, does the attacker in pulse wave draw a line of fire to himself, and ignore his own abilities except for pulse wave? I think the attacker can use PC, but I wasn't sure.

Pulse wave seems like the most amazing, but most complicated power.

You take the push after actions resolve, so no, you still push. I think you ignore the other one.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Chumppell posted:

You take the push after actions resolve, so no, you still push. I think you ignore the other one.

Correct. If you use Pulse Wave to KO a character with a "when this character in KO'd" effect, it doesn't go off unless it specifically cannot be ignored.

To answer the other question: if the character using Pulse Wave has Probability Control, they can use it on themselves when using Pulse Wave.

Unrelated... every year, I run a special April Fool's Day tournament called Joker's Wild. I have all sorts of oddball scenarios, or objects, or whatever. It changes every year. Last night was the seventh one.

This year, I made up decks of 24 cards, each with different effects. Stuff like "Duck Season: if one of your characters is attacked, pick a different target for that attack" or "Elaborate Deathtrap: Clown Car of DOOM," where you can Elaborate Deathtrap someone into a 6-square map full of Joker Thugs and a random Joker.

Each game had a deck, with players drawing a card at the start of their turn, and a maximum hand size of three. Everybody had a blast... it was the kind of tournament that makes me very happy to be a judge. My favorite moment came when one player, who was running Deathstroke, got a "make up a new general rule" card, and he changed Invulnerability to be a 2-6 Impervious power, since Deathstroke was the only character with that power. First time Deathstroke got hit, he rolled the 1, and got knocked straight off it. Deathstroke got hit again, and he played a "turn damage into healing" card, to put Deathstroke right back on it. Deathstroke gets hit again, and he blew the roll again. Deathstroke gets beaten down, and finally KO'd, but he plays a "when a character would be KO'd, keep turning the dial equal to the damage dealt, and if they aren't on a KO click at the end, they stay on that click" card. That put him on his last KO click, but the attack had been doubles, so the knock back damage put him right back on his Invulnerability yet again. Next time he got hit, he blew the roll again. All told, that figure took 20 damage that game, but he survived!

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Torrent posted:

To answer the other question: if the character using Pulse Wave has Probability Control, they can use it on themselves when using Pulse Wave.

I was referring to the second part of the first paragraph, where he was talking about the KO healing dudes. Since it doesn't stipulate end of action, just when the guy is KO'd, it'd get ignored, right?

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Chumppell posted:

I was referring to the second part of the first paragraph, where he was talking about the KO healing dudes. Since it doesn't stipulate end of action, just when the guy is KO'd, it'd get ignored, right?

He did say that as well.

Torrent posted:

Correct. If you use Pulse Wave to KO a character with a "when this character in KO'd" effect, it doesn't go off unless it specifically cannot be ignored.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Volfogg posted:

He did say that as well.

My reading comprhension is non-existent! Sorry.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I AM THE MOON fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Apr 6, 2014

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I want that Hex so bad. Dammit. I'm not spending another crazy amount on a con exclusive though. Venom was too much already.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

The Hunter

Damnit WizKids, now I need to get that Jonah Hex for both Duhg's Army and time hopping Gotham City teams. Traited Precision Strike with respectable stats all dial along with Indomitable, and the ability to generate a 10 ATK Support Piece whenever he feels like it (but only once).

Really loving that Doop though. Running Shot/Precision Strike is always nice, especially since he's the only one who can modify his Combat Values. You actually have to hit him 4 times to get rid of him, and just taking a resource/relic and giving it to a different opposing figure is quite nice. And not to mention that he's Tiny, so have fun trying to shoot him. He just seems fun to me.

Now I just have to hope that I don't want/need Whiplash or Amazo. Hopefully once Gen Con hits the relative values on Hex and Doop will drop a bit, making it a bit more reasonable to trade for them. I've managed to do pretty well getting Death Mask and Gentleman Ghost solely through trading. And due to a lack of figures I have that I'd be able to reliably use Gentleman Ghost with (Keywords man, KEYWORDS), he's likely to be the first on the chopping block to put towards Doop and Hex.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Can someone give me the dummy rundown on theme teams and their benefits? I know that there are named and generic keywords that are found on the character's card. The generic names are in italics while the named keywords aren't? From what I can tell, sometimes generic keywords are italicized and sometimes they aren't.

Next question: If I have two characters with X-Men keywords that means that I get to add +2 to my dice roll to determine who goes first. In this instance, I would also gain two team probabilities that require a power action to activate? In a new example, let's say I have a team with two characters sharing the generic Spy keyword. I would also gain +2 on my dice roll to determine first to play, but I wouldn't be awarded any team probs?

What's the deal with Team Abilities? If a character has a team affiliation on their dial does that mean I can use that team ability whenever I want like it was a trait? So, Legion of Superheroes members can switch teams each turn and X-Men can heal a friendly X-Men 1 click (and roll a d6 to try to avoid the 1 click of unavoidable damage)? Does this mean that a Legion of Superheroes character can declare themselves X-Men and do the same thing? Are these what the rule book considers "Additional Team Abilities" and does this cost points to your overall team build?

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Alright, here's a rundown for you. First of all, they only recently started italicizing the Generic Keywords, but when when they weren't italicized, they were still Generic. They've just started doing it so it's easier to tell what's Named and what's Generic.

Named vs Generic Theme Teams changed with the new Rulebook changes. Using your examples, the team of 2 Characters with the X-Men Keyword would give you a +2 to your Map Roll at the start of the game and would also give you 2 uses of Theme Team Probability Control. The team of two Spies would only give you the +2 to Map Roll since Generic Theme Teams no longer get the Theme Team Probability Control uses.

To actually use your Theme Team Probs, you give a friendly character on your force (that isn't the attacker if it's your turn) a free action that gives an Action Token to use Probability Control. There are two caveats to this. The first being that the character using the Theme Prob can not be able to use Probability Control through another effect currently (characters with Trait Prob can't use Theme Probs, a character with Prob showing on their dial, either standard Prob or a Special Prob, can't use them), and the second is that you can't have a character that's already taken a Non-Free Action that turn use a Theme Prob.

The symbols on the back of a character's dial means they can use that Team Ability (or multiple if more then one appear). Also remember that while they may be referred to as Team Affiliations by some people/places, they absolutely do not tie into Theme Teams since you can have characters with the X-Men TA, yet they don't have the X-Men Keyword at all. Also that Keywords do not correlate to the ability to use Team Abilities. Simply put, if they have a Team Ability on the back of their dial, that piece can use it.

Another thing to remember is that some Team Abilities are Passive, while some are Activated. An example is that the Superman Ally Team Ability is always active when you're drawing Lines of Fire to characters. You don't declare that you're using it, it's just a passive ability. The X-Men TA on the other hand is an Activated one. You give the character that's using the Team Ability a Power Action to use it. You heal an adjacent Friendly Character that also has the X-Men TEAM ABILITY (not Keyword) of one damage, then you make the roll to see if the character that took the Power Action takes one Unavoidable Damage.

Now, the Legion of Superheroes Team Ability is what's known as a Wild Card Team Ability. How those work is that you can give them a Free Action to copy the Team Ability of another Friendly Character on your Force. So, in order to Wild Card into a Team Ability, you need to have a piece that naturally has the Team Ability you want to copy. So, using your example, a character with the LoSH Team Ability COULD copy the X-Men Team Ability to be able to use it, PROVIDED you have a character with the X-Men Team Ability on your force.

Additional Team Abilities are a whole other thing entirely. They are an additional Print & Play element that, with the new Rulebook changes, can only be used when you have a Theme Team. Named or Generic doesn't matter, you just have to have a Theme Team to use an Additional Team Ability. As an example, here's the X-Force ATA. You'll notice a Keyword and a Point Cost in addition to the ATA's effect. In order to use an ATA, you have to pay the Point Cost of the ATA itself for each character on your force that has the Keyword required to use the ATA. Additional Team Abilities are just that, Team Abilities that you can use IN ADDITION to any your character may already have. An ATA does not replace a character's printed Team Ability, and characters without Team Abilities may be given ATAs.

So, let's say you had a three character X-Men Theme Team. Two of the three characters on your force also have the X-Force Keyword in addition to the X-Men Keyword. You can then pay 3 Points for each character on your force with the X-Force Keyword to use the X-Force ATA on them. So, you would be paying 6 Points to have your two X-Force characters use the ATA, but keep in mind that you can not pick and choose who gets the ATA. So let's say you put together a 5 Character X-Force Theme Team and you wanted to use the X-Force ATA on it. You would have to pay 15 Points to have ALL of your force use the ATA, you can't just pay 6 Points to have two specific characters use the ATA while the others can't. They're essentially all or nothing, either everyone who can use it uses it, or nobody uses it.

There are two other things to keep in mind about Additional Team Abilities. The first is that you can only use ONE Additional Team Ability on a force even if you have multiple characters that have Keywords tied to ATAs. The second thing is that ATAs can be copied by Wild Cards on your force UNLESS THE ATA SAYS IT'S UNCOPYABLE.

That's pretty much everything tied to your questions unless I somehow missed something.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
Awesome! Thanks for explaining. So, how strong are Mystics? You can't hit one without taking 1 unavoidable damage? Seems OP.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

A buddy of mine just sent these to me after getting them from a friend of a friend but didn't know where they came from. Where'd you find them?
Edit: it just occurred to me most of those people lurk so they all probably got it from here :psyduck:

Anyway, Jonah is awesome as hell, but Doop is super disappointing. A malleable floating cameraman/wetwork specialist with minor control over time whose stomach is hammerspace and all he gets is a resource shuffle and some Precision Strike, such a wasted opportunity.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 7, 2014

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Seymour Butts posted:

Awesome! Thanks for explaining. So, how strong are Mystics? You can't hit one without taking 1 unavoidable damage? Seems OP.
Very, very strong. Learn to hate them.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Very, very strong. Learn to hate them.

There are ways around them. Mystics triggers when the unit is damaged by an attack.

Poison isn't an attack, no mystics.
Force blasting into a wall isn't an attack, no mystics.
Pulse Wave just ignores it so it won't trigger.
Incapacitating someone and giving them a second token which makes them push won't trigger it, but incapping someone with two token will.
Cancel the TA via the belt or with figures that have a power that can cancel TA's

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

I'll add to/clarify some of this.

Volfogg posted:

Alright, here's a rundown for you. First of all, they only recently started italicizing the Generic Keywords, but when when they weren't italicized, they were still Generic. They've just started doing it so it's easier to tell what's Named and what's Generic.
They're listed on the back page of the current rulebook next to the line of fire chart.

quote:

To actually use your Theme Team Probs, you give a friendly character on your force (that isn't the attacker if it's your turn) a free action that gives an Action Token to use Probability Control. There are two caveats to this. The first being that the character using the Theme Prob can not be able to use Probability Control through another effect currently (characters with Trait Prob can't use Theme Probs, a character with Prob showing on their dial, either standard Prob or a Special Prob, can't use them), and the second is that you can't have a character that's already taken a Non-Free Action that turn use a Theme Prob.
The character also can't have used Themed Team Probability Control (TTPC) already that turn. More importantly, though, you don't give them a free action. Prob is not an action at all ever. You just use it and with TTPC the token is a cost applied to use it this way. Like Enhancement or Empower, Prob is something you just do.

quote:

Another thing to remember is that some Team Abilities are Passive, while some are Activated. An example is that the Superman Ally Team Ability is always active when you're drawing Lines of Fire to characters. You don't declare that you're using it, it's just a passive ability. The X-Men TA on the other hand is an Activated one. You give the character that's using the Team Ability a Power Action to use it. You heal an adjacent Friendly Character that also has the X-Men TEAM ABILITY (not Keyword) of one damage, then you make the roll to see if the character that took the Power Action takes one Unavoidable Damage.
The examples you give are good ones, but one slight correction is the the character receiving X-ual healing has to be using the team ability. "Has" actually has a meaning in HeroClix, equating to "possess." This is important because "use" and "possess" are different. Note that "has" comes from before they'd quite nailed down that format of wording.

quote:

Now, the Legion of Superheroes Team Ability is what's known as a Wild Card Team Ability. How those work is that you can give them a Free Action to copy the Team Ability of another Friendly Character on your Force. So, in order to Wild Card into a Team Ability, you need to have a piece that naturally has the Team Ability you want to copy. So, using your example, a character with the LoSH Team Ability COULD copy the X-Men Team Ability to be able to use it, PROVIDED you have a character with the X-Men Team Ability on your force.
There are a couple key points to add here. First, unlike almost any other free actions you can give this free action multiple times per turn. You're not locked into copying one team ability on your turn until your next. Second, "naturally has" is a little misleading in that it may imply a printed team symbol. Most of the time this is correct. However, cases like the Batman Cowl granting possession of a team symbol (and therefore the team ability) will also allow a wild card to copy the TA from the character with the cowl. "Can use" doesn't cut it. It has to be "possess(es)" or "has." This ties into:

quote:

There are two other things to keep in mind about Additional Team Abilities. The first is that you can only use ONE Additional Team Ability on a force even if you have multiple characters that have Keywords tied to ATAs. The second thing is that ATAs can be copied by Wild Cards on your force UNLESS THE ATA SAYS IT'S UNCOPYABLE.
The reason that wild cards can copy ATAs is that they're team abilities that are possessed, just like the standard TAs that come from a team symbol.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

If you've always wanted a Batman Vehicles Super Booster, this is a pretty decent price: eBay listing.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
Speaking of poison, how good is it? It sounds good, but won't defensive modifiers soak it up? Toughness reduces it by 1, so that negates it. Invulnerability states that damage dealt to a character is reduced by 2, so once again, poison would deal 0 damage. Impervious, regardless of the impervious roll, will reduce poison to nothing. From my reading, it looks like Super Senses would not be triggered by poison because poison is not an attack, but an effect (or something like that). What about if poison hits an adjacent character with Invincible? Invincible states that half of the damage dealt is ignored. So, 0.5 rounded up is 1, poison works!? Do I have all this straight?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I have some gift card dollars (a little over $8), and am thinking of getting the Kick-rear end 2 Fast Forces pack. Are the maps decent? Are the KA2 figures generally competitive?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Seymour Butts posted:

Speaking of poison, how good is it? It sounds good, but won't defensive modifiers soak it up? Toughness reduces it by 1, so that negates it. Invulnerability states that damage dealt to a character is reduced by 2, so once again, poison would deal 0 damage. Impervious, regardless of the impervious roll, will reduce poison to nothing. From my reading, it looks like Super Senses would not be triggered by poison because poison is not an attack, but an effect (or something like that). What about if poison hits an adjacent character with Invincible? Invincible states that half of the damage dealt is ignored. So, 0.5 rounded up is 1, poison works!? Do I have all this straight?
Almost, Invincible is rounded up for the defenders benefit. So, it ignores half. Half of 1 is .5, that rounds up to 1, and 1 is ignored. Half of 3 damage is 1.5, that rounds up to 2, and 2 damage is ignored, and the character with invincible takes 1. Poison is ok. If the character only has combat reflexes/supersense/mastermind/energy shield/will power/defend/barrier then it will get through (or some other special power with no damage reducers/ignores). Poison can be good, but there are other times where it itsn't good (like almost every power).

Other note: I played my first sealed game today. The format was take one from your booster and pass, then all 6 people played on a big map in free for all (with every character pulled, so like the guy who had SLOSH Darkseid had way more points than anyone else). I got Helspont in my booster, then I got passed a pack with a SR still in it (Shaman). I ended up with Helspont, Shaman, Stargirl, Daxamite and Daemonite. Shaman made it so no one could fly early, and kind of made myself a target. I was the first person to only have one character left (and hid with Helspont). An Emerald Empress was taking everyone out, until a Lightray blew up in the middle and damaged 3/4 of the remaining characters. Empress took out a Highfather, and then was struggling against Mr. Miracle. While this was going on, my Helspont was facing an Invisible Girl, and a very late dial Darkseid. All I knew was to try not to land on his regeneration clicks (but not where they were). Helspont made shape change a bunch, healing me to top dial, and came out victorious against a Mr. Miracle. After about 5 minutes of rolling Hellspont knocked out Mr. Miracle, netting me the game.

There was no prize but it was a really nice change of pace. I used a lot of characters I wouldn't normally use, and they were all a lot of fun (except my Daemonite that died really early).

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Seymour Butts posted:

Fritzler covered most of it, but keep in mind that you can do free actions at the beginning of your turn and still use Poison. So yes, that character has a damage reducer, but you can Outwit it and then use Poison.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Seymour Butts posted:

Invincible does indeed ignore the damage from Poison. Half of 1 rounded up is 1, so in this case Invincible ignores 1 damage. Anything that reduces or ignores damage (unless it only applies to attack or something) will stop Poison's damage from getting through. Precision Strike won't help Poison because it's not an attack. It's just a free action that deals damage. Super Senses won't work for the same reason.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

DP Bullseye is up: http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/036-bullseye.jpg

No fancy Traits or powers, just super-sharpshooter and six clicks of solid murder.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Red posted:

I have some gift card dollars (a little over $8), and am thinking of getting the Kick-rear end 2 Fast Forces pack. Are the maps decent? Are the KA2 figures generally competitive?

Any opinions on this? I didn't want the question to get lost. I might get the Watchmen FF instead, though - it's just a bit more expensive.

Also:

- The venue I went to is doing a 3000-point game. 10 actions max per turn, and lots of small characters are discouraged, with vehicles/colossals/team bases/inflated point characters encouraged. No feats or BFCs.

The only figures I have, that I can think of, are the Mark 2 GSX Sentinel, a GSX Frost Giant, a BM GCPD Cruiser, and TDW Malekith at 350. I might have some random clix that come in at 250-300, but ... yeah. They'll let you borrow from the judge if need be (he has an enormous collection), but I was curious if there are some cheap but points-loaded singles I can just go buy.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Red posted:

Any opinions on this? I didn't want the question to get lost. I might get the Watchmen FF instead, though - it's just a bit more expensive.

Also:

- The venue I went to is doing a 3000-point game. 10 actions max per turn, and lots of small characters are discouraged, with vehicles/colossals/team bases/inflated point characters encouraged. No feats or BFCs.

Oh god. I would whip out a 45 figure shield army and make you deal with it. ACTION LIMIT BE DAMNED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Red posted:

KA2 isn't worth it as far as I'm concerned. I think the whole set was underpowered.

• Locked thread