Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Label Facing Right posted:

Yo dudes, after kind of going on a hiatus from gaming around New Year I went out a bought a PS4 today after having a poo poo load of per diem left from a job. Anyways, I'm already registered on the stupid loving stats site, GT is FeltyPenny same as on the 360. I'm going to miss playing with the xbros but am looking forward to hopefully playing a version of this game that doesn't crash every loving map.

Good news, like half of the xbros became ps4 goons so it's like you never left!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Welp i've not played this game in a while but since you guys were talking about a new expansion with boats i got back on and downloaded it for free [premium! :v:] and i witnessed some of the rubberbanding mentioned in the thread. It wasen't horrible and it really varied by the server i was in. But what i did notice was that there was a loving queue for ever server playing anything fun. I bought premium dammit i thought i was suppose to be able to skip queues or have higher priority or whatever :(

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Just realized how to unlock the Phantom prospect achievement. Could have had this unlocked a long time ago, drat it.

Rubberbanding is terrible on the new maps, it's like every 4-5 seconds it stutters. mans will magically move behind you to knife you, your rockets will teleport back into the launcher. Tedious.

Where is the PS4ce tonight?!?

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Welp i've not played this game in a while but since you guys were talking about a new expansion with boats i got back on and downloaded it for free [premium! :v:] and i witnessed some of the rubberbanding mentioned in the thread. It wasen't horrible and it really varied by the server i was in. But what i did notice was that there was a loving queue for ever server playing anything fun. I bought premium dammit i thought i was suppose to be able to skip queues or have higher priority or whatever :(

You do have priority in queues, but since the new expansion is only available to premium members..

l Sage l
Feb 21, 2006
King of the jackasses

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

You're playing Battlefield wrong. You want him to jump out. Then you steal his tank and run him over with it.

If that fails, do this...
http://1drv.ms/1oAIwZR

E: RIP Felty Penny

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

l Sage l posted:

If that fails, do this...
http://1drv.ms/1oAIwZR

E: RIP Felty Penny

What?! :aaaaa: That rules so hard.
Tanks are the easiest to get up on but technically this should work on any vehicle turret, right?

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Sigh, everyone's playing the silly robot game all night, so have a clip of me getting close to a triple SMAW on some annoying campers.

http://1drv.ms/1oCce0C

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

Label Facing Right posted:

Yo dudes, after kind of going on a hiatus from gaming around New Year I went out a bought a PS4 today after having a poo poo load of per diem left from a job. Anyways, I'm already registered on the stupid loving stats site, GT is FeltyPenny same as on the 360. I'm going to miss playing with the xbros but am looking forward to hopefully playing a version of this game that doesn't crash every loving map.

you're dead to me

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
tsk tsk felty, betrayer

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Am I really the only member of ps4ce that doesn't have real life stuff to do on Saturday nights?

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Knives only domination is goddamn amazing. :ese:

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Lawnie posted:

Am I really the only member of ps4ce that doesn't have real life stuff to do on Saturday nights?

I've been playing Mercenary Kings a lot lately. Did a few rounds of Battlefield yesterday with Seedge and the gang and it felt weird having to aim again.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Playing against people who have six months head start is frustrating as all get out. Are any of the starting guns not poo poo?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Chalupa Joe posted:

Playing against people who have six months head start is frustrating as all get out. Are any of the starting guns not poo poo?

No.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Chalupa Joe posted:

The AK5C is awesome and I think the starting PDW is good too. Not sure about the other classes, I only play engineer.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

TjyvTompa posted:

The AK5C is awesome and I think the starting PDW is good too. Not sure about the other classes, I only play engineer.

its technically not a starting weapon as you dont unlock carbines until you play as one of the classes for a while - engineer?

but it is definitely one of the best Carbines. That and the MTAR are usually what I ping pong between.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They were probably thinking of the AK-12 which I thought was the only good starting weapon. I love the AK5C though and you can unlock it really quickly. Only gun I even use personally.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Operation: Nightmare Flier
Situation: There is an attack helicopter with pilot and co-pilot gunner attacking you. Your squad are two snipers and an engineer with no ranged anti-air, what do you do?

PS4ce answer:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1408561999410580

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The CQB 50 cal sniper on Rogue Transmission TDM is a loving joke.

went 8-0 in the first 30 seconds of the game after I grabbed it. finished 17-2 without leaving the building.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

RoboJoe posted:

Operation: Nightmare Flier
Situation: There is an attack helicopter with pilot and co-pilot gunner attacking you. Your squad are two snipers and an engineer with no ranged anti-air, what do you do?

PS4ce answer:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1408561999410580

Real Men use G36c's to shoot pilots out. Any scrub can use a sniper rifle. :colbert:

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Fateo McMurray posted:

Real Men use G36c's to shoot pilots out. Any scrub can use a sniper rifle. :colbert:

The clip of when I used a revolver to shoot out the helicopter pilot to steal his helicopter a couple of days ago didn't record :(

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
I'm quite happy with the results of this one. Indirect TK, I don't even mind that I didn't get a kill here.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BB7DF5E2E95EE9F3!370&authkey=!ADVC2R-W1vhsZuw&ithint=video%2c.mp4

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

stevey666 posted:

I'm quite happy with the results of this one. Indirect TK, I don't even mind that I didn't get a kill here.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BB7DF5E2E95EE9F3!370&authkey=!ADVC2R-W1vhsZuw&ithint=video%2c.mp4

TKing is such a pleasure when it happens

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

RoboJoe posted:

The clip of when I used a revolver to shoot out the helicopter pilot to steal his helicopter a couple of days ago didn't record :(

Until I see it, I will not believe it.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Xbone will be able to upload game clips directly to your youtube channel starting tomorrow!

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/07/xbox-one-shares-gameplay-footage-direct-to-youtube/

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

That's way better than having to hit Onedrive download and then upload.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Xbone will be able to upload game clips directly to your youtube channel starting tomorrow!

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/07/xbox-one-shares-gameplay-footage-direct-to-youtube/

Ps4 needs to get on this. Actually both consoles should have had this at launch, but its cool at least you guy can. Hopefully it makes Sony get on it faster.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Yeah, this might light a fire under Sony's rear end to get upload to Youtube functionality and maybe a Youtube app, which would both be nice. I do like having the USB option though.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Nice thing about having the underdog console, MS is rolling out updates continually.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Nice thing about having the underdog console, MS is rolling out updates continually.

Wasn't this something else that was supposed to be on the thing from day one anyways, sort of like Twitch functionality?

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.

Lazyfire posted:

Wasn't this something else that was supposed to be on the thing from day one anyways, sort of like Twitch functionality?

Nah, I never remembered hearing anything about this before today, other than us going "man wouldn't it be cool if..."

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
So the new loadout preset feature that's coming out sounds cool, except you can only do it through Battlelog. It's faster for me to just change the stuff I want than open the app on my phone and go through menus each time.

Originally I thought you just set the loadouts in the app and then could access them in the game but it doesn't seem that way. Another useful feature ruined by Battlelog.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

losonti tokash posted:

Nah, I never remembered hearing anything about this before today, other than us going "man wouldn't it be cool if..."

Pretty sure he's right and the Youtube stuff was always supposed to be a thing but just got delayed.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
I'm sorry to ask this, but xbros, can we play a game or two of SDM? It's the only game type I haven't won a game in. I just can't loving do it with pubs. I went 24-2 just now on Op Mortar and had 2 teammates that went 1-20 because they kept rushing the hill over and over and over and over.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Manatee Cannon posted:

Pretty sure he's right and the Youtube stuff was always supposed to be a thing but just got delayed.

I can't find anything backing up my assumption because games journalism is lovely and googling it just results in 100 sites copy/pasting the MicroSoft press release.

I have to imagine it was a thing at some point as no one wants to use Sky/Onedrive.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Chalupa Joe posted:

Play the campaign and unlock the M249. Best belt-fed LMG right off the bat.

Also use the AK-12 and AK5C.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Chemmy posted:

That's way better than having to hit Onedrive download and then upload.

It wouldnt be an issue if the INFINITE POWER OF THE CLOUD actually was infinite, instead of restricted to streaming the video at a lower speed than the actual bitrate of the video.

I reupload to youtube just so people can actually watch my 30 second clip in less than 35 seconds.

and skydrives UI is loving poo poo too.

Microsoft is bad at a lot of things lately.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Laserface posted:

It wouldnt be an issue if the INFINITE POWER OF THE CLOUD actually was infinite, instead of restricted to streaming the video at a lower speed than the actual bitrate of the video.

I reupload to youtube just so people can actually watch my 30 second clip in less than 35 seconds.

and skydrives UI is loving poo poo too.

Microsoft is bad at a lot of things lately.

Like consoles.

Well, that's not fair, I've never touched an Xbox One, but the fact that the controller still can't plug into a PC without having to find a bunch of third party drivers is sort of bullshit.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
http://gfycat.com/IncompatibleIdioticKangaroo

wow that is glorious. I forgot they buffed the huey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Holy crap. That's all I can say to that.

• Locked thread