Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
It'll be the throwbacks, I don't see them going any other way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

It'll be the throwbacks, I don't see them going any other way.
Blue and white with minuscule out of place gold accents, and a letter/number font both representing the arches of St. Louis and ferocity of rams battling in nature.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

I never liked how the blue in the jersey was a different blue than the blue in the helmet. Blue.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
That stupid collar should at least be all blue or all yellow, not mostly yellow then blue in front

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.
The Nike re-design will most likely keep the same jerseys, but switch out the pants for high-quality Pan goat leg pants.

Tell me you wouldn't want to see Zac Stacy tearing up the field in that.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
Dear god those uniforms are awful. Nike must be stopped before they ruin the Browns!

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

HarlanHell posted:

Dear god those uniforms are awful. Nike must be stopped before they ruin the Browns!

Yes, quickly, someone must save the Browns from ruin

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

Yes, quickly, someone must save the Browns from ruin

Touche. Let me rephrase. The Browns uniforms are the only good thing we've got going if we lose those Browns fans will have literally nothing to root for.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

HarlanHell posted:

Touche. Let me rephrase. The Browns uniforms are the only good thing we've got going if we lose those Browns fans will have literally nothing to root for.
The helmets will be styled to represent the plight of the fans, giving the recognition they deserve

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Maybe Nike will make the helmets brown

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Maybe Nike will make the helmets brown

No thank goodness they already promised the fans that the Helmet would remain untouched. Though there has been speculation of them making the orange metallic.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/Uniformswag/status/443095478037524480

:staredog:

E: LA KISS uniforms are out. Hooooo boy.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 10, 2014

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

YESSSSSSSSS

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

visor pulls it all together

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

hotter than hell

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
And y'all say Arena league like it's a bad thing.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Holy gently caress promote them to the NFL.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Eifert Posting posted:

And y'all say Arena league like it's a bad thing.

It is, and those jerseys look like they're going to peel off little Jaden's lunchbox soon enough

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

literally nothing about that uniform is good at even a conceptual level, which is what makes it so amazing

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

I'm sure the only aesthetic principle at work is "don't forget me!!!!!"

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
"We know fans will only look at us for 45 seconds anyway, so, give em a show"

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I love the double standard at work for judging quality of NFL and AFL uniforms.

No, really, I'm not being sarcastic. I love it. Those Kiss uniforms loving own.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

So someone on Reddit, claiming to be involved with Nike in some capatcity, claims that this is what the new Browns uni's are going to look like:

quote:

The design that looks like it's going to be chosen can best be described as a happy medium between Minnesota and Seattle.
Let's start with the helmet. A flat matte finish in a color I can only describe as "candy orange" with a matching color facemask and sublimated striping enhances the look of the helmet without sacrificing it's iconic image.
The Jersey is candy orange with silver accents and brown trim. A custom block font is meant to invoke a blue collar feel. The stripes are subliminated and higher up on the sleeve, kind of like large spaghetti straps.
There are three different pairs of pants, Orange, gray and Brown. There is no Brown jersey, but rather a gray with orange chrome accents and white with the same. The pants have the same sublimated striping as the helmet and jerseys. Any questions?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Browns/comments/22b649/so_

Note: I do not use Reddit, and only know of this due to it being posted on OBR and twitter. I also am not sure if this guy is full of it or not as the Browns uni's are not supposed to come out until 2015 (at least last I heard)

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The orange jerseys were a nice alternate to the brown jerseys. But, to go with that for the regular, all the time jersey? No thanks. Spaghetti strap stripes? Weird. Obviously, there is no way to confirm any of that is real, but the only thing out of that I may like sounds like the "custom font to invoke a blue collar feel." Maybe the matte orange helmet. Gotta keep the white/grey facemask though. Orange on orange is too much.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
The only thing Browns fans had left was the uniform, so really it is an act of mercy to destroy it. Like burning the photo album you made with your ex-wife who cheated on you with your brother. Yea, there are some happy moments in the past, but it is time to move on. Find someone new. Start seeing other teams. And when she calls you to get you backoffer season tickets at 3% off, just hang up.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I can only pray that this man is either full of lies or promoting his own design that's about to get him fired because there is literally nothing that should ever be done to those unis. Maybe put a stripe on the socks. Otherwise the Browns should only ever wear their all whites unless another home team decides to wear them.

The Browns White jerseys are literally perfect.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Eifert Posting posted:

there is literally nothing that should ever be done to those unis.

Orange pants.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

sorry bout your colorblindness, it's really cool that you're embracing it tho.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

orange is a good color, especially for football uniforms

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I don't disagree but the browns brown jersey with the orange paints looks awful.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Brown/white and white/white for mother loving life. Actually for real if they adopt the jerseys that guy is describing i won't watch another game

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
This guy from reddit has to be talking out his rear end. Describing things like that seems like a good way to break a non-disclosure agreement and a great way to get yourself fired. Unless he's not bound by those restrictions and saw something he wasn't supposed to see. They are revealing these after next season, right? He might have seen a concept piece and not a final.

Cleveland has also kept the same basic uniform scheme since, like, forever. Because it's perfect. I doubt it'll be too bad. We might get a crazy alternate version but I think it's going to be small changes to make the current color scheme more modern. Something like the Vikings.

Then again, I said that about the Bucs, so who knows.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 7, 2014

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Febreeze posted:

This guy from reddit has to be talking out his rear end. Describing things like that seems like a good way to break a non-disclosure agreement and a great way to get yourself fired. Unless he's not bound by those restrictions and saw something he wasn't supposed to see. They are revealing these after next season, right? He might have seen a concept piece and not a final.

Cleveland has also kept the same basic uniform scheme since, like, forever. Because it's perfect. I doubt it'll be too bad. We might get a crazy alternate version but I think it's going to be small changes to make the current color scheme more modern. Something like the Vikings.

It'll be the NFL version of that Nebraska Adidas uniform from a few years ago

N

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Alouicious posted:

It'll be the NFL version of that Nebraska Adidas uniform from a few years ago

N

:stare:

Better then the concepts that were floating around for the Browns

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Nystral posted:

I actually like those, just not enough to replace Cleveland's with them.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Nystral posted:

Fuckin white helmet

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MonsterWalk posted:

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

uni good

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

See I'd buy like a hoodie or something with those uniforms on them, minus the number of course. But to do anything like this to the Browns loving uniform would really probably break me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
FSU released new unis:

http://www.seminoles.com/ignitiontradition/

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 11, 2014

• Locked thread