Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Yeah. Those mooks were pretty much the Fighting Polygon Team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I love that the final enemies in the show about Gunpla, is knockoffs. :allears:

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
The bootlegged knockoffs seemed to be selling pretty well in Arian-land. It's nice literally everyone got a happy ending, I guess. Except the Renado brothers.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Iserlohn posted:

The bootlegged knockoffs seemed to be selling pretty well in Arian-land. It's nice literally everyone got a happy ending, I guess. Except the Renado brothers.

Not everyone. Crazy rear end in a top hat mind-control dude got off scott-free.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Speaking of missing characters, it's great how Julian couldn't be bothered to watch his best friend's final round.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I wouldnt call a few boots to the face entirely scott-free.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

BlitzBlast posted:

Speaking of missing characters, it's great how Julian couldn't be bothered to watch his best friend's final round.

He left the show as abruptly as he entered it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not saying Allan killed him to get away, but Allan is totally capable of straight up merking a dude with a plastic beam saber.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Kanos posted:

what a terrible episode that was

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So am I right in guessing that Nils and Caroline were responsible for finding a workable solution to the 'Gunpla Battle doesn't work any more' problem? I can't read Japanese.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Nils re-invented plavsky particles, and Caroline's dad's company became the new gunpla battle sponsors.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

As far as I can tell it existed solely because somebody wanted to see the Exia fight the F91. Which is a pretty good reason!

I guess it also fleshed out Yuuki's characterization a little more without just forcing everyone to read his sidestory manga but eh.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i know this show was great and i am sad it ended, but i hope you find another reason to crawl out of bed next monday morning :)

It really sounds sadder than it is. I'm simply not a morning person, and because my schedule for work is so flexible I tend to sleep in unless I have a reason to get up and get moving. Build fighters was really good for that :(

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Caros posted:

It really sounds sadder than it is. I'm simply not a morning person, and because my schedule for work is so flexible I tend to sleep in unless I have a reason to get up and get moving. Build fighters was really good for that :(

It was my reason for getting up half an hour early before going to school all day and Build Fighters usually put me in a good enough mood I could deal with some of the stupider people in my classes. God help them now.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

boom boom boom posted:

It wasn't even a terrible episode on its own, just completely out of left field and totally unnecessary. The "I'm not like the second Meijin" Yuuki plot could have been covered in a two minute snippet, not a full episode of him having a match against some guy they introduce then and there who then promptly disappears.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Late to the responses here,but I really enjoyed this show. Great characters, good fights and the staff was just having a ball. There were some downsides, but there are far more postivies then negative. This is what was needed after AGE.

Also I know it's a bit silly, but I do hope that more people get into gunpla because of this show. I've been building gunpla for over a decade, and it's still a lot of fun. I hope more people get to enjoy the hobby. :)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

So did anyone cough up the cash for the BDs? I'm curious as to if they changed anything.

Caros
May 14, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

So did anyone cough up the cash for the BDs? I'm curious as to if they changed anything.

I have but they haven't arrived yet. I'll fill in once I've got them.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
So apparently /m/ put together a little 300 pic Gunpla collage (arranged in reference to SBS's "Gunpla of Gunplas" victory pose, of course) and sent it to the Build Fighters staff.
Seems they really appreciated it. :3:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

That is pretty cool. Also just realized there will be no new episode when I wake up tomorrow. :smith:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Wow, that was a trip. Saw this series recommended over in Poptarts Ninja's "Let's Play BattleTech" thread and blitzed through it over the course of last week. (It was the screencap of Bernie and Chris congratulating Al on his win that did it.) Great stuff all around.

Also reawakened my old addiction to Gunpla; went and dug a bunch of old models I never started work on out of storage, and even ended up ordering an HGBF Zaku Amazing and Miss Sazabi.

... Now I need to get some actual modeling supplies so I can actually work on this stuff.

Also, dumb question: even though the subs had him calling her by her family name, what was Sei actually calling China during the series? It sounded like he was saying "Incho" or something like that.

Kanos posted:

Perhaps his sudden inclusion and departure were meant as an oblique reference to how F91 was originally intended to be a full series and had its budget slashed so they had to basically take what they had and compile it into a movie. :v:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Also, dumb question: even though the subs had him calling her by her family name, what was Sei actually calling China during the series? It sounded like he was saying "Incho" or something like that.

You heard right and it means Class Rep.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

W.T. Fits posted:

Wow, that was a trip. Saw this series recommended over in Poptarts Ninja's "Let's Play BattleTech" thread and blitzed through it over the course of last week. (It was the screencap of Bernie and Chris congratulating Al on his win that did it.) Great stuff all around.

Also reawakened my old addiction to Gunpla; went and dug a bunch of old models I never started work on out of storage, and even ended up ordering an HGBF Zaku Amazing and Miss Sazabi.

... Now I need to get some actual modeling supplies so I can actually work on this stuff.

I believe that Sei was calling China 'class president' the whole time. Which by the end kinda irritated me because for a guy that likes her he never says her name and she is oddly okay with it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Revolver Bunker posted:

I believe that Sei was calling China 'class president' the whole time. Which by the end kinda irritated me because for a guy that likes her he never says her name and she is oddly okay with it.

If I remember right, titles like that are part nickname and honorific. It's the same reason you keep seeing "Sempai" pop up in highschool anime.

W.T. Fits posted:

If you're getting a Zaku Amazing, the Amazing Booster's worth grabbing as well to stick extra stuff onto it.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you're getting a Zaku Amazing, the Amazing Booster's worth grabbing as well to stick extra stuff onto it.

I'll look into it; no idea when the Zaku's supposed to get here, though, so I can wait on that a bit.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

I'll look into it; no idea when the Zaku's supposed to get here, though, so I can wait on that a bit.

The Zaku Amazing should come with the Amazing Booster, unless you want to have it dual wield the long rifle.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TARDISman posted:

The Zaku Amazing should come with the Amazing Booster, unless you want to have it dual wield the long rifle.

Kind-of. The Amazing Booster is a second helping of the rocket boosters, shoulder armor and weaponry, all mounted on a frame to store it all/be posed fly about.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Man, if they put a comma after Zaku I'd believe this was a Gundam ExVs Full Boost tie in.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Did the Gouf always have such a boxy head, or does Ral's Gouf R35 look a little like the Origin version?

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

TARDISman posted:

Did the Gouf always have such a boxy head, or does Ral's Gouf R35 look a little like the Origin version?

Looks the same to me, but I don't know what you mean by boxy. Ral's R35 has the exact same head as the usual Gouf/Zaku II. Maybe because the tubing looks like it hooks over the "ears"?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Gah, I think it's just my eyes playing tricks on me.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I think if I ever do some kind of custom monoeye ace unit again I'll start with the R35, I really like the legs. The paired fistguns help too.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Apparently someone translated the news article on plavsky particle in the last episode.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/RedWingnut/Plavskynews_zps53cb913e.jpg~original

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Weissritter posted:

Apparently someone translated the news article on plavsky particle in the last episode.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/RedWingnut/Plavskynews_zps53cb913e.jpg~original

I love the typo in the picture caption. :allears:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I half expected it to be Nils Nielsen and Caroline Yajima-Nielsen or something, given how aggressively she was advancing things. :v:

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
I'm rewatching the show with my girlfriend (who's seeing it for the first time) and the main suits she's gone apeshit over are a) the Gerbera Tetra (pink) and b), oddly enough, Nils' custom Hyaku Shiki from episode 8.

Also, when a main unit shows up she forces me to pause while she scans my display shelves for it. A shameful hobby.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Apparently Julian's grandfather showed up in the latest chapter of the BF manga, so maybe that episode won't be as pointless soon.

Incidentally Julian's grandfather was pretty much the best side character.

Quad Cape
Dec 24, 2012

CaptainRat posted:

I'm rewatching the show with my girlfriend (who's seeing it for the first time) and the main suits she's gone apeshit over are a) the Gerbera Tetra (pink) and b), oddly enough, Nils' custom Hyaku Shiki from episode 8.

The gerbera tetra is one of the greatest no matter what color it shows up in.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CaptainRat posted:

Also, when a main unit shows up she forces me to pause while she scans my display shelves for it. A shameful hobby.

If you ask me, that just sounds like an excuse to get whatever main mobile suits you're missing :shepspends:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!

CaptainRat posted:

Your girlfriend is Amazing.

• Locked thread