Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Despite getting Totally Owned yet again by a Decades board, YAY COLBY!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
Wooooo, Colby!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I want Colby vs Ken Jennings vs. Arthur Chu in a 3-game contest.

Arthur Chu could also be easily swapped out with Eddie Timanus.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

To nobody's surprise, Roger Craig the Jeopardy Robot moves on. Sorry to see Stephanie and Vijay go, I love em both.

Can't believe FJ was that easy.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Pam Mueller is my dark horse candidate :allears:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zakharov posted:

To nobody's surprise, Roger Craig the Jeopardy Robot moves on. Sorry to see Stephanie and Vijay go, I love em both.

Can't believe FJ was that easy.

I was falling over myself to remember Sojourner Truth because I was convinced Susan Anthony was too obvious.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Holy poo poo that was the most awkward interview ever. Anyone who's DVRing it, don't skip them.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Im sure whoever sponsors Trebeks wardrobe was thrilled with that

MrNonacho
May 7, 2002

It ain't easy being white
It ain't easy being brown
All this pressure to be bright
I got children all over town!
Almost sounded like he sighed a "gently caress me" at the prancersize clue.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

zakharov posted:

Holy poo poo that was the most awkward interview ever. Anyone who's DVRing it, don't skip them.

Even Ken Jennings tweeted this. I skipped them :(

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

zVxTeflon posted:

Im sure whoever sponsors Trebeks wardrobe was thrilled with that

Holy poo poo dude

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That guy seemed high or drunk. He gave some outright idiotic answers in addition to the suit remark.

cf1140
Jun 28, 2008
Roger Craig was not that impressive on Tuesday. If we're looking at biggest threats to Rutter & Jennings, I'd say it's Leczek Pavlowicz and Mark Dawson.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

In a reply that I can't find now Jennings was saying that he was on set during the taping of that ep and he thought for sure they would cut it. But nope. This week has already been so much better than last week's regular episodes with terrible contestants.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Well someone is wearing his sass pants today. :stare:

But I would think Alex Trebek would have his suits tailored by some old guy in the back of an exclusive shop that calls the police when a person walks in wearing less than $1,500, not by a Bangladeshi assembly line.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

PostNouveau posted:

That guy seemed high or drunk. He gave some outright idiotic answers in addition to the suit remark.

The dude opened with a crack about selfies being his favorite pictures. He might as well have written the word "rear end in a top hat" on his forehead.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
"The Soup" ragged on last week's winner for several things, but I thought their clip of her appearing to chew out Alex at the end of the show was especially funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GrdXzeFUG4

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

zakharov posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--DuJtf7HMQ

:stare:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

"The Soup" ragged on last week's winner for several things, but I thought their clip of her appearing to chew out Alex at the end of the show was especially funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GrdXzeFUG4
I saw that on The Soup and thought for sure they would show her sad state capitols interview. Thankfully someone uploaded it to Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55md65bkHUE&t=54s

I hope she keeps winning. She reminds me of Millie from Freaks and Geeks.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

wa27 posted:

She reminds me of Millie from Freaks and Geeks.

haha jesus that is spot-on

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
How long again is it until we get more of this trainwreck of a woman?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Pierce and Pierce posted:

How long again is it until we get more of this trainwreck of a woman?

You mean last week's champion? Didn't she lose already? Anyway, I think regular play will resume next week.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

You mean last week's champion? Didn't she lose already? Anyway, I think regular play will resume next week.

She won a bunch on Friday, and then they took a week for the tournament.

She's very good at Jeopardy and very bad at pretending to be human.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

thathonkey posted:

In a reply that I can't find now Jennings was saying that he was on set during the taping of that ep and he thought for sure they would cut it. But nope. This week has already been so much better than last week's regular episodes with terrible contestants.

Which interview was this? Was it the one with the blonde lady with glasses?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

escape artist posted:

Nope, Tom Kavanaugh (who is a favorite of my mother because he's from our hometown of St Louis, we saw him at a high school trivia night--a very St Louis thing that trains you well for Jeopardy, and she thinks he's cute) said he's doing a documentary on sweatshops and the people who work there...who might have made Alex's suit.

My response was "What, you're going to do a documentary on tailors in Milan or Turin?"

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
Ken Jennings time :allears:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
What was the complicated reason or whatever that dude didn't want to play in the Battle of the Decades?

:commissar:
(Formerly Colonial Air Force)

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Colonial Air Force posted:

What was the complicated reason or whatever that dude didn't want to play in the Battle of the Decades?

I think Madden felt that he had a conflict of interest due to his work with a Quiz Bowl which works with the same auditing and compliance firm that Jeopardy does or something like that. I remember a contestant coordinator bringing it up to us when we were in the Jeopardy green room waiting for taping to start.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 4, 2014

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Colonial Air Force posted:

Madden has a professional relationship with the auditing firm that Jeopardy uses.

I love Ken Jennings so much. That mic drop was perfect. Trebek's Doughboy impression was not.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

I deliver books around the Seattle area. Last year I was making a delivery to a bookstore and saw Ken Jennings leaving as I was going in. Unfortunately, while my brain did the "I recognize him" feeling, I didn't realize it was actually him until I heard the manager gushing about Ken's win streak.

Today I learned that one of the bookstores I deliver to has been purchased, and the new owner is going to have a grand reopening in the summer after the rename and remodel. The new owner? Tom Nissley!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

She won a bunch on Friday, and then they took a week for the tournament.

She's very good at Jeopardy and very bad at pretending to be human.

Oh sorry I was thinking of lightsaber woman. Yes, that woman who ended last week as champ is quite the odd bird even for Jeopardy.

Btw Jennings was in top form and easily mopped the floor with his opponents. He makes it look so easy :allears:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

escape artist posted:

Sorry for the double post but i am on my phone. Anyway, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--DuJtf7HMQ

Last contestant to be interviewed so just skip ahead for the action.

cf1140
Jun 28, 2008
Ken was not that impressive. His competition sucked. His Coryat score was $16,200. 7 other players in the decades tournament have topped that (India Cooper, Leczek Pawlowicz, Pam Mueller, Mark Dawson, Colby Burnett, Larissa Kelly, and of course Brad Rutter).

cf1140 fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 4, 2014

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
I have never heard a contestant say "Uhhh" as frequently or as annoyingly as Maria.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I feel like I won because two of those jackasses lost.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

goodnight sweet goon princess

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

zVxTeflon posted:

goodnight sweet goon princess

I saw her first. I'm the one that gets to have beautiful aspie babies with her. (Hi, Ruth!)

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Whatta maroon. "A slow-moving food? I don't know so I'm going to guess something that shoots out of a can at high speed propelled by pressurized gas"

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Amy noooooo! I was just starting to like you.

Good game but the performance in the Guitars category was horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
the dude tonight looks like if tony stark was a dumb gently caress