Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Isimoad
Sep 8, 2010

psydude posted:

So the CSM stopped by the range today on BAF and wanted to know why we didn't have blank firing adapters on our weapons.

First deployment for him maybe.

In other news I heard the President is coming down to hood Wednesday. The front of 3 corps is completely blocked by the view of 3 high stacked connexs. Id post a picture but I'm not sure if that's opsec :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

How much control do Army Reserve/National Guard SMP cadets get over branching? Is it possible to be guaranteed a slot in an open vacancy or at least a branch?

In the Army Reserve you literally just pick your branch and duty station. I was on an active duty scholarship instead of SMP/GRFD, but the process is identical: I went to the Army Reserve tent at LDAC, pulled up the list of all EN positions, and found the vacancy. When I got back, they submitted a memorandum for the branch and vacancy and that was that. In the Guard, you have to get a LOA and the process is a bit more involved; I don't know much more beyond that.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

DoktorLoken posted:

How much control do Army Reserve/National Guard SMP cadets get over branching? Is it possible to be guaranteed a slot in an open vacancy or at least a branch?

Literally pick any branch(QM) and find a slot that requires it. Boom, done. You won't find infantry in the reserves though. On HRC units post vacancies that they want filled.

iceslice
May 20, 2005

psydude posted:

So the CSM stopped by the range today on BAF and wanted to know why we didn't have blank firing adapters on our weapons.

Probably had someone filming the reactions in the background.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

It's the Army's version of pranked. Except its real and they aren't actors.

CSMs are either really cool or loving stupid as hell. I've had a few of both.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Soulex posted:

It's the Army's version of pranked. Except its real and they aren't actors.

CSMs are either really cool or loving stupid as hell. I've had a few of both.

The Marines figured this out and created two seperate groups of E-9s

Sargent Majors and Master Guns

Sgt Maj's are faggots, Master Guns are cool

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Went to my first NG drill

Army is gay

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

NTT posted:

Went to my first NG drill

Guard is gayer than the Army somehow

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

psydude posted:

In the Guard, you have to get a LOA and the process is a bit more involved; I don't know much more beyond that.

For ARNG you go through the branch manager for the state and swear an extra oath. Some BN commanders may want to interview you before putting you in the slot.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Is the extra oath to pretend you're active duty every time you see an actual active duty soldier? Cause that's sums up about every reserve dude I've met.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
NG MI managed to be gayer, more stressful, and dumber than active duty artillery.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Soulex posted:

Is the extra oath to pretend you're active duty every time you see an actual active duty soldier? Cause that's sums up about every reserve dude I've met.

It's so the governor can legally teabag you.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

It's so the governor can legally teabag you.

What's it called if the governor is a woman? A clam dip?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Soulex posted:

What's it called if the governor is a woman? A clam dip?

if it's a lady governor then you have to give her a lady blumpkin

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Soulex posted:

National Guard Soldier Has Totally Been On Active Duty For 90% Of His Obligation

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
the national guard dudes attached to my unit with are actually cooler than some of the other AD units here, maybe that's just an aviation thing though :angel:

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
If they don't give a gently caress and try to stay out of the way they're cool. If they're trying to prove they're ~just as good~ it gets gay.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

gleep gloop posted:

NG MI managed to be gayer, more stressful, and dumber than active duty artillery.

Impossible feat

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
I feel like AD dudes just want to feel like civilians and NG/RE dudes just want to feel like soldiers.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Ashmole posted:

I feel like AD dudes just want to feel like civilians and NG/RE dudes just want to feel like soldiers.

they all have one thing in common though: they are idiots

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Ashmole posted:

NG/RE dudes just want to feel like soldiers.

The ones that do are pretty much hated by the majority of NG. Most of the NG just want to pay for school and gtfo.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Ashmole posted:

Nope. Still want to feel like a civilian and not deal with gay AD people.

e: Although your statement is most certainly true for like 75% of my company.

psydude fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 8, 2014

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

psydude posted:

Nope. Still want to feel like a civilian and not deal with gay AD people.

e: Although your statement is most certainly true for like 75% of my company.

so his statement is accurate in general then

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

everytime i see anything about renraku i get mad irl

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

white privilege posted:

everytime i see anything about renraku i get mad irl

I don't know what this is and googling it only made me confused, so now I'm angry at you.

GOOD JOB

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

so his statement is accurate in general then

idk I guess I don't understand the active duty smugness. I've dealt with just as many hosed up AD units on this deployment as I have Reserve and NG units. The thing of it is, there's a lot of retards in the military in general; the question is whether you'd rather spend all day every day around them, or only deal with them one weekend a month.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
NG/Reserve incompetence gets more people killed.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Duffel Blog, since when are you becoming an accurate news source?

http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/04/sergeant-major-academy/

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/09/national-association-of-second-lieutenants-responds-to-criticism/

:allears:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Still amazes me that people still don't understand that duffel blog is satire. Also kill all nobles, especially butter bars, God bless :911:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I've never even heard of it before this thread. poo poo is funny

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006

gleep gloop posted:

complacency gets more people killed.

FTFY. In my limited experience, shitbags are everywhere.

ps you're all shitbags

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

Still amazes me that people still don't understand that duffel blog is satire. Also kill all nobles, especially butter bars, God bless :911:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
He's got some nice DSLs

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

A leader of men

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
he said he did it to make fun of :chord: but i'm p sure that's just what he looks like all the time

does anyone have that other one of him taking a selfie of him flexing

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
gently caress that I want the pic of his feet where he was basically molting after the 100 mile ruck.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Why do you want pics of another man's rotty feet that's so weird

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

:siren: Public Service Announcement :siren:

In case you guys don't bother to read the big red server announcements at the top of the page, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS. OpenSSL had a major security breach that resulted in people being able to use a rather simple Python scripts to trawl for log-in/password information for any site that uses OpenSSL for security.

SA was effected by this but it was patched this morning, so any password you make now should be ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

who is this dorkus sweetie?

• Locked thread