Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Speaking as someone clueless on that side of things, what's the difference between Pokecheck and Pokegen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Pureauthor posted:

Speaking as someone clueless on that side of things, what's the difference between Pokecheck and Pokegen?

Pokegen is an offline tool that can be used to generate Pokemon, Pokecheck is a web tool that allows you to check the validity of Pokemon and also create copies to send to your game via GTS that have a special ribbon that prevents them from going on the legitimate GTS and also signifies that they're not legitimately created Pokemon.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

fade5 posted:

From your description, it's possible it was unintentional; internet connections can be rather flaky or go down with little to no warning, or maybe real life stuff came up on your opponent's end. Quitting at turn three when the match is still anybody's game just sounds odd to me.

My latest doubles match I correctly predicted a guy using his legendary (Cresselia) to nuke my Gardevoir so I used Destiny Bond to take it out. He immediatley forfeited.

People really don't like losing I guess?

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

I really hope Z includes a way to play online doubles and battle maison with friends without having to be in the same room. Kind of mystified why that isn't possible.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Pedestrian Xing posted:

I really hope Z includes a way to play online doubles and battle maison with friends without having to be in the same room. Kind of mystified why that isn't possible.

Pretty sure you can just hit custom matches if you want to Double Battle a friend over the internet.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
He means multi-battle.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

So wait, is it possible to GTS spoof Pokemon directly into X and Y or do you need some form of middleman?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

So wait, is it possible to GTS spoof Pokemon directly into X and Y or do you need some form of middleman?

I think the guys at Pokecheck are working on it. For now though, you'll need to dump your Pokemon to Gen V and transfer them up.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Zoran posted:

He means multi-battle.

But you can do multi battles over the internet too. We just finished a tourney that way a couple weeks back. Maybe the mansion's different?

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO
You can do online multi battles from the PSS, yeah, but you can't co-op in the Maison online.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

PSWII60 posted:

But you can do multi battles over the internet too. We just finished a tourney that way a couple weeks back. Maybe the mansion's different?

I meant matchmaking or whatever it's called, not the direct 2v2 challenge thing.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

ChaosArgate posted:

I think the guys at Pokecheck are working on it. For now though, you'll need to dump your Pokemon to Gen V and transfer them up.

My understanding is most of the guys who run and do the heavy lifting on PokeCheck have been caught up in real-life stuff for a while now. The message of "Gen 6 support by end of month" has been up since February.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Constr posted:

What's a good nickname to pick when you first get your starter?

Mistress.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Just got a Timid 4IV (-Atk -Def) Sniper Horsea! Looks kinda like it got overcooked a bit in the sun now, but soon it will be my regal Purple Sniping Dragon :getin:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Has Flareon become decent now that it has access to Flare Blitz or is it still terrible? What moveset is best for it?

Also, I feel like training a Mr.Mime of all things, has anything changed now that it's part fairy?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Zuzie posted:

Has Flareon become decent now that it has access to Flare Blitz or is it still terrible? What moveset is best for it?

Also, I feel like training a Mr.Mime of all things, has anything changed now that it's part fairy?

Still terrible because of bad speed, and bad HP to boot so it can't use Flare Blitz many times.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

qnqnx posted:

Still terrible because of bad speed, and bad HP to boot so it can't use Flare Blitz many times.
Yeah. Bad Speed, Defense and HP really make it tough to use. Since it's abilities aren't game-changers and it's movepool is still limited...

Like a lot of Pokemon, it might be salvageable in a trick room team.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Zuzie posted:

Obviously not competitive play, but Flareon was my main pokemon in my all-eeveelution Elite Four run. It wasn't even over-leveled either. :colbert:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The problem with an all Eeveelution team is there is one too many of them now! :(

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

The problem with an all Eeveelution team is there is one too many of them now! :(

Cut out Glaceon. Easy

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You could probably roll with just a sylveon and be fine honestly.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My fire only team has like 9 pokemon.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Arrgytehpirate posted:

There's two too many now with Sylveon :colbert:.

Just ditch Flareon and Glaceon. Maybe Leafeon, but Leafeon is rad as all hell.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My fire only team has like 9 pokemon.

Kalos is really lacking in good fire types, unfortunately.

At least it has the good ice types though. All One of them.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

The single player is so easy it hardly matters.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Constable Lemon posted:

Cut out Glaceon. Easy

Zore posted:

There's two too many now with Sylveon :colbert:.

Just ditch Flareon and Glaceon. Maybe Leafeon, but Leafeon is rad as all hell.

Screw you guys, Glaceon is rad as hell. :colbert:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Talonflame is pretty fuckin' good.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Blaziken386 posted:

Screw you guys, Glaceon is rad as hell. :colbert:

What up, only other person in the world to like Glaceon.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I want a steel Eeveelution next. Steel is one of my favorite types and Eevee owns so

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

PSWII60 posted:

What up, only other person in the world to like Glaceon.

I think Glaceon is pretty chill (see what I did there, hey-o) but I can't imagine what I'd actually use it for. Being monotype ice and all.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zuzie posted:

Mr. Mime is more or less the same, except now it has dragon immunity which is pretty kickass. I recommend the following move set: Substitute, calm mind, baton pass, Dazzling gleam.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Blhue posted:

I think Glaceon is pretty chill (see what I did there, hey-o) but I can't imagine what I'd actually use it for. Being monotype ice and all.

Trick Room Hail.

Glaceon hsd the highest Special Attack of any non-Mega or Legendary Ice type. Blizzards from that hurt.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Zuzie posted:

Mr Mime fits perfectly on my no-attack make-people-rage-quit Baton Pass team, as, thanks to Soundproof, not only is he immune to Roar and other sound based attacks that can hit through substitute, but he can lock stuff in to attacks he's immune to in order to help me set up defensive boosts.

Basically, he's a great Pokemon to fit on a baton pass chain team.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
I wish Glaceon got Refrigerate as an alternate ability, it could be like Sylveon and fire off stab Hyper Voices all day. Actually I wish all Eevees had the equivalent elemental ability, it seems thematically appropriate.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Inadequately posted:

I wish Glaceon got Refrigerate as an alternate ability, it could be like Sylveon and fire off stab Hyper Voices all day. Actually I wish all Eevees had the equivalent elemental ability, it seems thematically appropriate.

Why would you want Stab Hyper Voice on Glaceon though? Ice Beam has the same power, same PP and a chance to freeze.

I'm not even sure why people like it on Sylveon considering it gets Moonblast which is stronger, has more pp and can lower special attack.

Having a move that lets you hit through sub doesn't make those ability good. Just not total trash.

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

Zore posted:

Why would you want Stab Hyper Voice on Glaceon though? Ice Beam has the same power, same PP and a chance to freeze.

I'm not even sure why people like it on Sylveon considering it gets Moonblast which is stronger, has more pp and can lower special attack.

Having a move that lets you hit through sub doesn't make those ability good. Just not total trash.

I'm fairly certain Hyper Voice also hits multiple targets, so maybe that plus the ability to go through subs would be worth it in some situations in Doubles.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Zore posted:

Pixilate, Aerilate and Refrigerate boost the power of the moves they affect by 30%. Hyper Voice becomes a 117-power move.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Zore posted:

All the -ate abilities boost the damage of the move by 30% as well as change the type, so it's like getting a free life orb boost.

Also there should be an ability that makes normal moves fire type and it should be called Burninate.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I didn't realize they boosted the power!

Huh, that makes some of the stuff that happened when I was playing with Aurorus make so much more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The fact that Aurorus gets Refridgerate is loving heartbreaking and I really wish it were a better pokemon because a Northern Lights Sauropod with an ability like that would rule so much.

• Locked thread