Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

MrGreenShirt posted:

Yeah wait a second, are they holding a crowbar and rifle? :crossarms:

Freeman :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Ah this guy brings back memories. Lizardfolk king of a swamp tribe in Age of Worms. My group's fighter decapitated him and used his head on a pike to benefit intimate rolls to end the siege on a nearby fort.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

crime fighting hog posted:

Ah this guy brings back memories. Lizardfolk king of a swamp tribe in Age of Worms. My group's fighter decapitated him and used his head on a pike to benefit intimate rolls to end the siege on a nearby fort.

Yes. Yes I did. :colbert:

e: vvv Hah, never mind. No, not quite how that happened :v:

S.J. fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Apr 3, 2014

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

crime fighting hog posted:

:magical: Holy poo poo.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Coward posted:

It's the crest. So exotic~<3

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
This lizard bet me his life that I wasn't the best at sex.

*jiggles severed head*

No please, come back!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Benagain posted:

One of my favorite pictures of all time. This dude is so excited about whatever is going on with him.

Haha, you can totally get him as a Ral Partha mini.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

from here

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Does anyone have a picture of a Skeleton Lawyer?

"Skeleton Gary will Fight for YOU!"

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Coward posted:

Hahaha thank you, this was great.

Seriously though, that entire campaign was so much fun.

Deviant posted:

"Skeleton Gary will Fight for YOU!"

crime fighting hog fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 4, 2014

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Here's the fancy looking logo for my group's Dwarven Fortress-themed Dungeon World game. Our fortress became well known for crafting simple trinkets, and trading luxury goods to local elves, including the fort's 'mangleflagon' game. We screwed up when drawing the world map so both the DM-side and the player-side were pointed north, causing much early confusion :shobon:

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Deviant posted:

Old-timey skeleton gents (and an emperor) from the last thread:

Unrelated:

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 5, 2014

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Jackdaw Zero posted:

Just straight up :effort:pasted those from the first few pages of Demoniality.:nws: due to artistic nudity, but most of the pictures are old paintings, woodcuts, illuminated manuscripts and things like that, and I'd really recommend checking it if you can stand the layout.

Just chiming in to say that this stuff owns, and is precisely what I happened to be looking for when I just now checked the thread. Attempting to design an occult-looking lady knight witch kinda person.

But in the vein of charismatic skeletons, straight from that blog, just look at this swashbuckling skelly:

:yohoho:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
That's a shot from Skeleton Lawyer's commercial. "Tired of weak, fallible, fleshy lawyers? Sick of constant minion workplace stick accidents but lacking legal representations? Call Skelly Bonnegan! I understand the plight of the minion because for 200 years, I was that minion. But I escaped that barrel and you can too! Call Skelly Bonnegan today!"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Similar to the skeletons, I need Necromancer PCs. Preferably of the more "stand back from afar and shoot magic" persuasion.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

The Leper Colon V posted:

Similar to the skeletons, I need Necromancer PCs. Preferably of the more "stand back from afar and shoot magic" persuasion.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Here's a couple from Guild Wars

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Here's another request: turn undead and other face-melting holy spells. Raiders of the Lost Ark style. This first one came up from a simple GIS for "turn undead" but if you have any other red-haired human females blasting skeletons/ghosts/demons then I'd be happy to see 'em. Post the blinding-light-of-heaven-est pics you got.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Here's a couple from Guild Wars

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Does anybody have some sweet space vikings that would be fitting for a Rogue Trader captain?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/daily/wallpapers/HavengulLich_DKA_2560x1600_Wallpaper.jpg

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I've never played warhammer, but love reading the fluff when it comes up in TG forums. I saw this picture and remembered some short story (?) about how the orks' belief in something makes it true. "Red makes it go fasta" means that red paint actually makes their vehicles go faster, etc.

Sure it's made of wood, but it's probably harder to break than a stone and iron gate. Because orks said think so. :allears:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

That is not how that works :colbert:

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Of all the things people sperg about, "that's not how orks work!!" is the dumbest. Who gives a poo poo if it's not technically canon, it's a hilarious and awesome explanation that's probably better than whatever Games Workshop came up with.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Honestly, the minute you get down to the fact that they're fungus-men whose idea of youthful rebellion is to be disciplined and well-organized, you come to realize that 'it works because they think it does' is the best possible explanation for everything anyway.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

AXE COP posted:

Of all the things people sperg about, "that's not how orks work!!" is the dumbest. Who gives a poo poo if it's not technically canon, it's a hilarious and awesome explanation that's probably better than whatever Games Workshop came up with.

Oh calm down, I wasn't being serious. Maybe next time I'll throw some extra smilies on the post to get the point across for you.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

AXE COP posted:

I don't know how ork works.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

S.J. posted:

Oh calm down, I wasn't being serious. Maybe next time I'll throw some extra smilies on the post to get the point across for you.

Ech, sorry. It's really hard to tell when someone is or isn't spergin' out when it comes to 40k canon stuff.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That might be an Orc and not an Ork.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

goatface posted:

That might be an Orc and not an Ork.

You have a mental illness and I find it frustrating.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
So how DOES it work then?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Post more pictures.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

BrotherAdso
May 22, 2008

stat rosa pristina nomine
nomina nuda tenemus

Lord Frisk posted:

Post more pictures.

This man gets it.

Jackdaw Zero
Sep 2, 2011
A few belated wheelchair dudes for Skinty McEdger. Hopefully one of them may work for you.

Space Vikings.

Assorted skeletons and necromancers. Might post more later.

Hope none of these are (recent) reposts.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

AXE COP posted:

It is what Games Workshop came up with. Orks have a latent psychic ability that lets them cobble together junk and will it to work.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Silhouette posted:

It is what Games Workshop came up with. Orks have a latent psychic ability that lets them cobble together junk and will it to work.

MekBoys are a caste of Orks who the ones who cobble things together through some kind of genetic memory of how things are made. They don't just take scrap metal, twigs, and a stick of gum and shoot bullets as they shout "DAKKA!" because it's how they think it's done.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Silhouette posted:

Sounds like I need to make an orkish version of the S.O.L.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Vadoc posted:

MekBoys are a caste of Orks who the ones who cobble things together through some kind of genetic memory of how things are made. They don't just take scrap metal, twigs, and a stick of gum and shoot bullets as they shout "DAKKA!" because it's how they think it's done.

Well of course scrap metal twigs and gum wouldn't shoot bullets, That poo poo doesn't make enough noise.

Every Ork knows that the amount of noise a gun makes is directly related to how much damage it will deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Vadoc posted:

They've gone back and forth on whether it's genetic memory, or if they're just insanely powerful psychics who don't know how to use it except via what's essentially a super-charged-psychic-placebo-effect.

The effect remains the same: If an Ork paints something red, and believes that will make it go faster, it will go faster.