Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Olothreutes posted:

This has an interesting application for EDH when exiling generals.

Doesn't work like that. The general isn't exiled with this if it got put in the command zone instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

A big flaming stink posted:

Is Keranos worded such that if you draw a card during your opponent's turn you get the reveal trigger? Or is the "your turn" precluding that?

I'm pretty sure it only works on your turns. "Each turn" would be the phrase used if it were meant to be otherwise.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Dr. Stab posted:

Doesn't work like that. The general isn't exiled with this if it got put in the command zone instead.

Bah, I missed the "with Godsend" portion of the text. Oh well.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Korak posted:

I think that's for the solo deck game thing?

Godsend is clearly summonable by that one Hero card but it's also a real card. Note that it's got a casting cost and a rarity and a collector's number etc.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Is Keranos worded such that if you draw a card during your opponent's turn you get the reveal trigger? Or is the "your turn" precluding that?

You answered your own question - it's not your turn, so it doesn't trigger. I'm sure I'll get this question a bunch of times at the prerelease anyway.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
It doesn't even have to deal damage to exile the blocking/blocked creature? Thats interesting I guess.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

It's basically deathtouch except super white and also kills gods.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

It doesn't even target, so it laughs off hexproof and shroud too.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
e: ^^ :argh:

Also, I think it gets around Hexproof/pro white since it doesn't target, right?

this card is just weird

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Olothreutes posted:

This has an interesting application for EDH when exiling generals.

I was thinking the same thing. I might have to make a spot for this in my Sisay deck.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Dr. Stab posted:

It's basically deathtouch except super white and also kills gods.

Better than deathtouch I'd think though, it seems to me like you get the exile effect before damage is dealt so if they solo block then your dude always lives no matter how big the blocker.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Does damage still go through, there? I assume not since the attacker/blocker is removed before combat damage, but I don't know for sure.

e: a funny thing about this is because it's an equipment whose power lives in combat interactions rather than dealing damage to creatures/players it'd be really bad to stick on an already-evasive guy unlike a Sword or Jitte

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Bugsy posted:

Since Imgur is being a butthole.

Remind me what part of this effect is more White than Black, again? White seems like a strange color for a deathtouch variant.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Niton posted:

Remind me what part of this effect is more White than Black, again? White seems like a strange color for a deathtouch variant.

Exiling creatures has been a White thing for a long time.

EDIT: Ever since someone pointed out the inconsistent arm lengths on Elspeth, I can't unsee it :(

VVV I guess it includes lands?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Why does it say "cast cards" and not "cast spells"?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Niton posted:

Exiling attackers/blockers and Nevermore effects are both doable in White.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Dr. Stab posted:

Why does it say "cast cards" and not "cast spells"?

Because they're not spells until they've been cast, I guess? In your hand they're still cards. I don't know.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Attorney at Funk posted:

Because they're not spells until they've been cast, I guess? In your hand they're still cards. I don't know.

No, that's not it. It's valid templating that has been used before, and since there's no isochron scepter for creatures, it's functionally identical as far as I can tell.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Yeah, the only difference is that Godsend could let your opponent cast a copy of a creature spell. But there's no way to make one of those.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I don't think there's any way to cast a copy of a permanent spell, so the fact that Godsend technically allows you to do so probably isn't relevant.

Since it only cares about cards that Godsend has exiled, you can't even use the Splinter interaction to try and make it matter.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

The only thing it serves to do is create confusion about whether you can use it to keep your opponent from playing mutavault (you can't)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Godsend is a huge limited-wrecking groaner of a card. Getting flashbacks to Moonsilver Spear.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
If I have Phrexian Hydra in play with Melira, does the Hydra's damage prevention ability still work?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

C-Euro posted:

If I have Phrexian Hydra in play with Melira, does the Hydra's damage prevention ability still work?

Yes. All damage is prevented and no counters get put on him.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Looking forward to running the dumbest and worst Future Sight of all-time by playing Keranos with Courser of Kruphix in a RUG control deck.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Korak posted:

I think that's for the solo deck game thing?

It has the Journey into Nyx symbol and has a mana cost.

I don't understand.

Niton posted:

Exiling is a White Thing.

Especially when combat is involved.

Also, who knows, maybe there's a black version called God's End! :getin:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Godsend is a huge limited-wrecking groaner of a card. Getting flashbacks to Moonsilver Spear.

There's also another card that's 1WW and can be had in the same draft as well! Wanna live that dream. The good thing is, unlike moonsilver spear, this one's a mythic.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Bugsy posted:

Since Imgur is being a butthole.

It fucks True Name Nemesis.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

It fucks True Name Nemesis.

Only if they decide to block with it.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Dr. Stab posted:

And only if you are playing Godsend in Legacy, in which case you might have bigger problems.

(Feel free to quote this post when it takes off)

Mondrian
Jan 8, 2011

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

Finally, a use for Strionic Resonator.

How would Strionic Resonator interact with Keranos?
The first ability isn't triggered - there is no 'when you draw' - so you use strionic in response to the trigger going on the stack after revealing, meaning you can either draw twice or do 6 damage (in 2 packets of 3)?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Dr. Stab posted:

Also it costs 4WW before it does anything.

Pretty sure this isn't the answer to TNN in Legacy.

Applebees
Jul 23, 2013

yospos

Mondrian posted:

How would Strionic Resonator interact with Keranos?
The first ability isn't triggered - there is no 'when you draw' - so you use strionic in response to the trigger going on the stack after revealing, meaning you can either draw twice or do 6 damage (in 2 packets of 3)?

Right. After you reveal, you use Resonator on the ability that the reveal triggered.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

It only costs 4W because you're putting it into play with stoneforge mystic and then equiping it on your taunting elf.

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

Yeah it's your turn only, hence the qualifier text ^^

edit: forgot I had the tab open for awhile, I am bad and dumb.

edit2 for content: the art on Godsend suuuuuuuucks. S my D Jarvis, *points to my dilznick*

Laopooh fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Apr 8, 2014

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Attorney at Funk posted:

Does damage still go through, there? I assume not since the attacker/blocker is removed before combat damage, but I don't know for sure.

No damage would go through from the exiled creature. It's the same as if you Doom Blade a creature after it's declared as a blocker but before combat damage. Your creature is still blocked but takes no damage from the removed creature.

That UR god is nuts oh man. My favorite god by far.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
Mothership confirmation that Maro was right when talking about inspired yesterday. It will show up in JOU.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Has there ever been a time (other than the weird block structure of Return to Ravnica) that a mechanic has been present in the first and third sets but not the second, like monstrosity?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Gyshall posted:

~~~~~ Greek Dragons ~~~

Dragon comes from Ancient Greek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
If the top card of my library is exposed from something like future sight or coursier, and I play a spell that draws multiple cards, do I have to reveal each card I am drawing as it becomes the top card? I'm guessing I do but want some clarification.

• Locked thread