Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I just think Holm needs at least a slight step up in competition before she kills someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
15k to get armbarred in 2 minutes is a pretty good deal.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
You know who spells her name like a true American hero? Liz Carmouche. No unnecessary letters and poo poo, Liz knows what's good.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Ty1990 posted:

I can't believe people actually like Wanderlai...
This shouldn't need to be posted but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzGs-cdJskc

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

-Atom- posted:

Same but Chael

Same but Jon Jones

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

El Roncho posted:

I just think Holm needs at least a slight step up in competition before she kills someone.

If I were Holm's manager I'd keep feeding her cans and hope that I can get to like 50/50 or something because any step up in competition (like in Invicta or something) is fraught with peril because she could get wrestlefucked by some b-leaguer and it'd kill all her momentum.

Like if Miriam Nakomoto didn't get injured and won that fight somehow then maybe that could've been an okay fight for her to take, but right now she's just gotta keep crushing lovely fighters and hope that none of them can wrestle or have a chin.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Ditch posted:

This shouldn't need to be posted but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzGs-cdJskc

This actually was pretty funny but it doesn't make up for him posting poo poo like this in a completely serious manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0tg0eSdFcE

I think he ducked Chael on two occasions after releasing that.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Holms obviously training well enough to know how shes going to do against a good wrestler

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Detroit_Dogg posted:

You know who spells her name like a true American hero? Liz Carmouche. No unnecessary letters and poo poo, Liz knows what's good.

If she wanted to be a true American she would spell it "Liz Carmoosh"

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Why is Lindland in his fighting stance?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
The Dear Wandy poo poo is super unfunny and I have no idea why so many people in the thread seem to like it. Liking him because used to knock people out and fight like a psychopath against undersized Japanese pro wrestlers is a way more valid reason for liking him than some stupid pandering skit.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 8, 2014

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
The what now

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I can't tell which guys career I respect more, the guy who was using roids and amphetamines to beat up unathletic japanese men, or the one who was so committed to performance enhancing drug use that he sacrificed his balls at it's altar.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

15k to get armbarred in 2 minutes is a pretty good deal.

i bet that's what sara mcmann thought then she got knees to the liver

attackmole posted:

The Dear Wandy poo poo is super unfunny and I have no idea why so many people in the thread seem to like it. Liking him because used to knock people out and fight like a psychopath against undersized Japanese pro wrestlers is a way more valid reason for liking him than some stupid pandering skit.

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

Goood Daaamnit. So I happend to be in Vegas for the UFC 173 weekend, at first it was looking to be really goddamn fantastic card with Weidman vs Belfort/Machida. Then they remove my all time favorite man I'd like to hug JDS also. Baaaaah.

They have yet to announce a bout instead of jds/miocic, and the tickets go on sale later this week, wolf tickets are on sale I mean.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

What a great attempt by Wandy, hallowed be his name.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

He sprawled in to getting mounted. This fight is going to be hilarious.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Well apparently Andre Dida sucker punches Chael in that brawl so maybe Wandy is counting on a run-in to win that fight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wandy owns.
Chael owns.

I like both, but Wandy is beyond hosed in that fight. He'd still lose if he had heterosexual life partner Shogun Rua to help him out.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Has the episode actually aired yet? I'm a little cynical about anything that happens on a reality show.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

It'll air on Sunday.

I'd be cynical too, but on the other hand Wanderlei has done a bunch of poo poo to antagonize Chael that has been dumb/ill conceived outside of the show so I wouldn't count dumbass Brazilian machismo out.

Also if it was all done for show I don't think he'd be aggressively trying to duck Chael after filming was done. I think he legitimately thought he was going to humble Chael on the show and when Chael turned up the snark he got really mad.

gunblade
Sep 1, 2008

-Just lucky, I guess
Chael is such a nice guy. He helps that drunk bum lay down to rest on the soft mat, making sure he doesn't fall down and hurt himself on the scale.

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

A slightly longer gif:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

gunblade posted:

Chael is such a nice guy. He helps that drunk bum lay down to rest on the soft mat, making sure he doesn't fall down and hurt himself on the scale.

that's concrete dude

CHAEL BACKFLIP

gunblade
Sep 1, 2008

-Just lucky, I guess

1st AD posted:

that's concrete dude

Haha, you're right. I was actually fooled by the shadowing in the lower part of the screen into thinking a part of the floor was of a different material. Chael is a nice guy, though.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

raingwc posted:

A slightly longer gif:

not nearly enough Stockton in that slap, 2/10

Scott808
Jul 11, 2001

raingwc posted:

A slightly longer gif:

Chael's wearing slippers in that, isn't he?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I agree with this guy

outy
Aug 27, 2004

You are all underestimating Wandy's intelligence. This whole episode was just an elaborate ruse to uncover Chael's gameplay for the actual fight. Not only does Silva now know that Chael reacts to telegraphed open-handed slap attempts with a double-leg, but he has it on tape from multiple camera angles so he can study the intricacies of this rarely seen move.
It's essentially a three month feint.

Clever boy.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

-Atom- posted:

Same but Chael

/

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
That gif looks incredibly staged to me.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kaddish posted:

That gif looks incredibly staged to me.

Before the confrontation Chael is backing up saying things like "I can't allow you to get close to me." Chael is doing his best to not get into a fight.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

outy posted:

You are all underestimating Wandy's intelligence. This whole episode was just an elaborate ruse to uncover Chael's gameplay for the actual fight. Not only does Silva now know that Chael reacts to telegraphed open-handed slap attempts with a double-leg, but he has it on tape from multiple camera angles so he can study the intricacies of this rarely seen move.
It's essentially a three month feint.

Clever boy.

Chael is gonna wrestle? *furiously writes in little notebook*

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Mike Brown is injured and will be replaced by Alex White, an undefeated newcomer from right outside the small Missouri town where I work as a reporter.

Oh god I'm about to become an MMA journalist :gonk:

E: OH poo poo ITS THE RUSTY SULLIVAN KO KID

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Apr 8, 2014

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/04/ufc-heavyweight-stefan-struve-cleared-by-doctors-to-return-from-heart-condition/

today is a great day, folks

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

raingwc posted:

A slightly longer gif:

Ahahahaha

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
WILL KIMBO REPLACE THE INJURED WANDERLEI SILVA!?!? TUNE IN NEXT WEEK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Intel&Sebastian posted:

WILL KIMBO REPLACE THE INJURED WANDERLEI SILVA!?!? TUNE IN NEXT WEEK

Chael could beat a tagteam of Wanderlei and Kimbo.

• Locked thread