Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

gromdul posted:

Any tips on how to beat a level 230 Daken/Bullseye/Commander?

Its worth a lot of points, but my OBW and Thor are level 120 boosted. What the gently caress. Who kills these three?

If it was just the countdown AI I could probably swing it with Storm for AP generation and delays with OBW. But Daken and Bullseye match for over 300 damage. Insane.

Yeah that mission is nuts. I tackle it with Spidey, CStorm and MagnetoNow. Spidey keeps em stunned while Storm collects greens to zap the board, Magneto converts tiles to blue with his purple and harvests more ap with his red. Blues keep them stunned with Spidey. Once I've enough blues to be comfortable, Storm will hurricane them all to death. Eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I did it with patch / spidey / magneto now. Prioritize purple and stun bullseye just before you're gonna match it. Then match green and again stun daken before you do it. Once you get enough purple, polarity shift the board and stunlock everyone with spidey. Then spam patch's green and watch everything die.

Barring an unlucky tile cascade, this is pretty much how i do tough 230 fights and it works 95% of the time. Only problem is that once they nerf spidey this won't work anymore.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

gromdul posted:

Any tips on how to beat a level 230 Daken/Bullseye/Commander?

Its worth a lot of points, but my OBW and Thor are level 120 boosted. What the gently caress. Who kills these three?

If it was just the countdown AI I could probably swing it with Storm for AP generation and delays with OBW. But Daken and Bullseye match for over 300 damage. Insane.

I dealt with that earlier with maxed Thor, maxed CStorm, and MagnetoNOW at ~65 and part of the pile of AP boosts I had. :shrug: Magneto's purple when I could get it without him getting squashed -> Storm's blue, and Thor to do what he could to tank and chip at them. I took out Bullseye first.

edit: I basically just beat Bullseye to death getting AP, then stunned Daken with Storm to vacuum up greens.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm a traditionalist, so my go-to 230 team is IM40,Grey Widow and Spidey. Match blues or yellows until lockdown, then Tactics/Sniper keeps churning the board to earn Repulsor/Webs AP and dealing team-wide damage. It's vulnerable to a slow start though.

Also, that 500 ISO feels like a satisfying reward for grinding to 53333. :saddowns:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

OH poo poo OH poo poo

What do you mean the event ends in less than two hours?!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Hogama posted:

I'm less accusing the game of cheating and more cursing my terrible luck that it only ever seems to give me the good cascades on matches I already have in the bag.

If you had a good Loki, you could try flipping the oodles of strike and defense tiles to your advantage.

Loki makes any opposing team of Daken and Bullseye trivial, and he does his worst damage without investing any iso8 into leveling him up. All you need are covers.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

Also, that 500 ISO feels like a satisfying reward for grinding to 53333. :saddowns:

...yeah. AND the difference between spots 3-20 and 21-50 is also a whopping 500 ISO. Why am I trying to slapfight somebody for #1 again?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

^^^ I'm currently in #1 by 30 points, and the top 3 are currently 300 points higher than anybody else simply because I think everyone else has given up trying to get any higher than they were.

Oh god, I accidentally levelled my Grey Widow too much and now her blue is higher than IM40s and now she's getting slammed making matches she's not even going to use the AP from :saddowns:

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 8, 2014

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
It's funny how many of us are using Magneto NOW after levelling him in that event and seeing just how awesome he can be. I've been using Ares for my third because once you lock the other team, using the yellow attack isn't risky at all and saving up the green for a megawallop is so rewarding. I leave the red to Mags.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Pizza Dog has a spot open thanks to Mr. Whale's glorious sacrifice for our cause.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

^^^ I'm currently in #1 by 30 points, and the top 3 are currently 300 points higher than anybody else simply because I think everyone else has given up trying to get any higher than they were.

I laughed like an idiot when I decided to jump into the Gray Widow tourney and got 500 ISO for 50 points.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Welp, 4th place and I ran out of time. Not like I cared about my 1/1/1 X-Force Wolverine, but it would have been nice to sneak into top two. Not bad considering I was 194th with an hour to go in the event. They really should do something about that.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I almost had it guys. Almost. But I was 96,523 points short of that sweet red lazycap cover.

I think this means I should play more in the next event.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Apr 8, 2014

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

After being solidly in the lead for the last few days, a bunch of people just came out of nowhere in the final twenty minutes and pushed all of the top three out with a lead of 600-1200 points. This game's loving rubberbanding.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ghostlight posted:

After being solidly in the lead for the last few days, a bunch of people just came out of nowhere in the final twenty minutes and pushed all of the top three out with a lead of 600-1200 points. This game's loving rubberbanding.

Ha-ha! serves you right for trying. (You need to be #1 without touching the 2 most point-worthy missions for at least 2 days to have a chance).

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah I still had several missions worth 450+ points each but just ran out of time. Sucks to be anyone who actually tried in that event. I dicked around a little early, put in one real hour at the end and drat near stole a top two spot. If I'd started maybe 5-10 minutes earlier I was pretty much a lock for top two.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

trucutru posted:

Ha-ha! serves you right for trying. (You need to be #1 without touching the 2 most point-worthy missions for at least 2 days to have a chance).

Huh, might have to try that next time. I just pecked at the highest few values repeatedly to keep myself in the top 10. Came in 8th. vOv

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

CaptainScraps posted:

Pizza Dog has a spot open thanks to Mr. Whale's glorious sacrifice for our cause.

I wonder if someone with enough points jumping in before rewards finish processing would bump us to a higher bracket. We got #87, though, which is good enough for the cover, which is all I really care about.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah as long as we get into the cover range I don't really care about getting ISO/HP from the Alliance rewards.

diskostu
Sep 1, 2009
If anyone needs an alliance, we're at 4/5 in "The Bad Rats". It would be cool if you could buy another slot for the next person to jump into (600HP) but no pressure. I can't speak for the other members, but I play every day.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah it was fine once we got in the last hour. Looks like everyone was just slacking off til then. :v:

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

List of the dumbest PvE events:

1. Heroic Osborne
2. Thick as Thieves
3. This one

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah it was fine once we got in the last hour. Looks like everyone was just slacking off til then. :v:

smart dogs, smart.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

BGrifter posted:

Welp, 4th place and I ran out of time. Not like I cared about my 1/1/1 X-Force Wolverine, but it would have been nice to sneak into top two. Not bad considering I was 194th with an hour to go in the event. They really should do something about that.

I ended up at 6th, with about 500 separating me from #1 but no time left. A half dozen or so guys piled in for the last hour and lit a fire under everybody in the top 25.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I actually prefer the smaller, mostly contained, events much much more than the huge sprawling messes that are The Hunt and HULK GRIND.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I got a couple Ares covers which is about all I can ask for since I didn't have the golden ticket to Johnny Storm town (lazy cap)

So next event I will need Johnny Storm, whom I will not have, to be able to get the next new guy and eventually I will just kill myself as this cycle repeats for eternity

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Syrinxx posted:

I got a couple Ares covers which is about all I can ask for since I didn't have the golden ticket to Johnny Storm town (lazy cap)

So next event I will need Johnny Storm, whom I will not have, to be able to get the next new guy and eventually I will just kill myself as this cycle repeats for eternity

One day you'll do a desperate grind and end up in the path to wealth.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Syrinxx posted:

There should be a PvP event soon that gives away human torches and that ends before the next PvE event is done. That's basically your only non-:10bux: way to get back into the real grind.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Awesome*, Venom Heroic coming up.

*not awesome

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I thought you mean we were getting another 1* Venom variant for a moment there. :negative:

EasilyAmused
May 16, 2003
Applied for Pizza Dog as Fiddlesticks. I'm not a whale but I've played forever.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

I thought you mean we were getting another 1* Venom variant for a moment there. :negative:
Unironically want Lazy Venom.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Syrinxx posted:

I grabbed Lazy Cap from the Wolverine PVP that ended a coupla days ago.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I wonder who will be allowed in the comically small stable for this Heroic event, besides Human Torch. Bagman?

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

I had a funny thing just happen - my Thor got stunned for 4 turns by the enemy's CStorm blue, which killed my Gray Widow and put Punisher at ~200 health. On the next turn, I threw a molotov as a "gently caress you" on the way down which triggered CStorm's passive that killed Punisher. Then my Thor, who was still stunned for 3 turns, got to attack because the rest of my team was dead.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Finished in the top 2 for this Torch event. 4 star Wolfy is 1/1/2 now.

Welp, that was my luck for the month.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:getin:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

How the gently caress are you at 500+ already. My bracket isn't even in the 300s and I'd have to pay to skip 40 rating wasters.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

How the gently caress are you at 500+ already. My bracket isn't even in the 300s and I'd have to pay to skip 40 rating wasters.

Desert+Storm+Thor+actually decent levels on G.Widow

It's honestly not hard at all to get way ahead of the competition if you're lucky. Chances are you might even win a few defensive battles if your AI isn't dumb.
And the free skips are usually enough to get a decent matchup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm not skipping. I kill them all. :unsmigghh:

Grey Widow + M Storm + Spidey + Desert