Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery
I guess my local dealer isn't doing too well. They are offering $5,500+ off MSRP for Pops and $7,500+ off for Abarths. This one is kind of tempting: http://www.ocfiat.com/new/FIAT/2013-FIAT-500-3579c97b0a0a00e00109a8df846d9557.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
I contacted a dealer this morning about a leftover 2013 Cattiva Sport I was hoping to get cheap, and not only haven't I heard anything back but the listing on their website doesn't show a discount anymore. Ah well.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
Selling new ones for less than what I still owe on mine :(

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

TheGoatTrick posted:

I guess my local dealer isn't doing too well. They are offering $5,500+ off MSRP for Pops and $7,500+ off for Abarths. This one is kind of tempting: http://www.ocfiat.com/new/FIAT/2013-FIAT-500-3579c97b0a0a00e00109a8df846d9557.htm

Goddamn. So tempting.

I really need to test drive one and see if I fit in it.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

TheGoatTrick posted:

At that price you can afford to fly in and drive out, goddamn.

Kill-9 posted:

I posted about my new Abarth in a different thread but here's what I did to it last night.

That's clean, gonna bookmark that to do on mine later.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

IOwnCalculus posted:

Goddamn. So tempting.

I really need to test drive one and see if I fit in it.

I owned one for 3 months. They are fun as hell on some twisty back roads, put a big ol' :getin: grin on my face every time.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

TheGoatTrick posted:

God drat. I don't know how I got into this thread, but that price has me looking at one. You could drive it for a couple years and sell it with very little loss... although they're having trouble selling them right now...

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Looks like the dealers around here( Seattle area) are doing the same thing. Looks like I know what I am doing this weekend...

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

meatpimp posted:

God drat. I don't know how I got into this thread, but that price has me looking at one. You could drive it for a couple years and sell it with very little loss... although they're having trouble selling them right now...

Another plus is when you go to sell it it'll have lower mileage than most other 2013s because you purchased in 2014. That helps value too. For me, I plan on keeping it at least 10 years, like I do all my cars, so it wasn't really a consideration. It was just too drat good a deal at almost $8500 off MSRP.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Negromancer posted:

Looks like the dealers around here( Seattle area) are doing the same thing. Looks like I know what I am doing this weekend...

That is what I did with my 500T, I was wildly upside down on a Dodge Dart that I hated to death and they over valued the trade-in on my Dart then sold me my 500T for 1k under MSRP with a $3,500 Rebate. I walked out with smaller car and insurance payments.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, makes me wish I hadn't just bought a Miata. Local Fiat dealer is overloaded with all models and doing similar deals.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Ugggggh what the gently caress man, I'd be signing the paper work right now if I could get an Abarth for anywhere close to that price.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
I must make everything faster... So I had the old fmic from the truck just sitting the shelf and it looked like it migh work for the Fiat.

I'm thinking about cutting down the core to just above the lines I marked on the end tanks. It would get rid of all the bent up fins and I can probably get the stock crash bar back on. Or I could keep it way overkill for what will probably end up being no more than a 250whp car and straighten all the fins and make a new crash bar.

Pretty much perfect size.

I thinking that I was going to paint it black but it does looks nice in raw aluminum behind the grill.

Too bad this guy won't fit, but its going to go on the Exocet with its twin brother.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Does that get to a point where you're losing efficiency since that tiny turbo has to pressurize a ton of air in the huge intercooler, creating lag/other bad stuffs?

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

Ok, it's not a mod to the car but it is custom.

Take an old plain t-shirt, add some cutout wax paper, spray on some bleach and you get a one of a kind t-shirt.

LtDansMagkLegs
Jul 23, 2013

Kill-9 posted:

Take an old plain t-shirt, add some cutout wax paper, spray on some bleach and you get a one of a kind t-shirt.

That turned out really good, looks just as nice as the $30 t-shirts they were selling in the dealership :v:

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice

Kill-9 posted:

Whoa, that looks really good. Do you mind sharing the image file of the Abarth logo?

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

lowcrabdiet posted:

Whoa, that looks really good. Do you mind sharing the image file of the Abarth logo?

Thanks. Here a png I made from the vector I found on this site. Click to embiggen.

Also, you can do a negative with the pieces leftover. Here's the back of the shirt I did today. It was a cluody day today so the colors are a bit muted in the pic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
drat those look nice.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

LtDansMagkLegs posted:

That turned out really good, looks just as nice as the $30 t-shirts they were selling in the dealership :v:

They aren't hard to do. They just take time. If I was to make them I'd have to charge about that much to make it worth it. The stencil alone takes nearly an hour to cut out. I've done dozens of shirts and knowing the right amount of bleach is the hardest part. They aren't $50-60 embroidered dealer shirts but I can do whatever design I like.

Red shirts give the most subtle shades. Other colors like blue and purple are much more dramatic. You can see more of my shirts here. http://imgur.com/a/KiJFc

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

I'm starting to get the modifying bug.

Took the side stripes off, been thinking about it for a while so just went ahead and did it.
Got some black plastidip on the way to do the front chrome, the rear boot handle and maybe the door handles.
Considering either some Eibach Pro springs or the Esseesse OEM ones if I can find a cheap set. OMP front strut brace is supposed to be worth doing, as are some rear bump stops from a Fiat Coupe.

It's all downhill from here, isn't it. Oh well, I managed to keep it stock for nearly two years, that's not bad.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
finally started modding.

ESM 001's 17x8 +35 on Eibach Prokits, Madness 500 Reflash and a poo poo eating grin.:)

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
I ordered a ported TB, lightweight crank pulley, and short throw shifter today. To go along with the FMIC, check valve for the eval system, and the son to be made full 3in turbo back exhaust. Then it will be time for a tune and new tires. Looking to have around 215hp and 240tq which will be all that the stock turbo can do reliably. That should make me happy for a while.

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

Hot wheels put out our car, only seems to be in red. :buddy:

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice
Ha! Found it on Amazon.

$5.50, cheap enough for an impulse buy using leftover gift card money. Too bad it's not Prime eligible.

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

lowcrabdiet posted:

Ha! Found it on Amazon.

$5.50, cheap enough for an impulse buy using leftover gift card money. Too bad it's not Prime eligible.

Awesome! I'm going to hunt for a few in stores tomorrow.

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
looks like we'll be getting auto Turbos/Abarths for 2015: http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do?id=15515.

The new HUD looks nice too, and a little less confusing than the concentric speedo/tach.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Get the gently caress out with that loving Eco Index taking up a good portion of the display, though.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Got an awesome deal on a set of Eibachs plus the Coupe bump stops. Going to get them nice and clean tomorrow, then once I order the lower brace, I'll get them all on. It's started. :)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm seriously considering trading in my 2011 WRX for an Abarth, especially since there are a bunch for under $20k around me.

Anyone want to talk me out/into it?

Also, can I get a set of golf clubs into the car, that matters.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Get the gently caress out with that loving Eco Index taking up a good portion of the display, though.

They need to switch that for an "Abarth Index" so you know when you are driving in the most Italian way possible.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

Shrapnig posted:

I'm seriously considering trading in my 2011 WRX for an Abarth, especially since there are a bunch for under $20k around me.

Anyone want to talk me out/into it?

Also, can I get a set of golf clubs into the car, that matters.

A reflash and an intake makes this car give you a literal poo poo eating grin and you can still park it anywhere. buy one.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

nerdrum posted:

A reflash and an intake makes this car give you a literal poo poo eating grin and you can still park it anywhere. buy one.

One of us.

One of us.

Waiting to sign the paperwork on a 13 Abarth Cabrio.

Traded my 11 WRX that I owed $9500 on and I'm walking out with the Abarth owing about the same.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

Shrapnig posted:

One of us.

One of us.

Traded my 11 WRX that I owed $9500 on and I'm walking out with the Abarth owing about the same.

If you're in or around los angeles, there are some absurd deals going on -- plus I can take you for a joy ride in mine. Shoot me a pm if you're local. Congratulations either way!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

One of us.

One of us.

Can you see out of the back with the top down?

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
gently caress you guys fuuuuuuuuuuck

This is the selection and pricing I have to work with:

http://www.steinbachdodge.ca/used/FIAT/2013-FIAT-500-winnipeg-mb-03bfe6030a0a004901785b00bf44acbe.htm
http://www.steinbachdodge.ca/used/FIAT/2013-FIAT-500-winnipeg-mb-453490830a0a004901e6258e6e34248e.htm

...Still going to check them out when I drop my car off at the bodyshop.

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

gently caress you guys fuuuuuuuuuuck

This is the selection and pricing I have to work with:

http://www.steinbachdodge.ca/used/FIAT/2013-FIAT-500-winnipeg-mb-03bfe6030a0a004901785b00bf44acbe.htm
http://www.steinbachdodge.ca/used/FIAT/2013-FIAT-500-winnipeg-mb-453490830a0a004901e6258e6e34248e.htm

...Still going to check them out when I drop my car off at the bodyshop.

if it's any consolation, my nearest dealer only has six or seven '13 Pops ( all automatics ) and a shitload of 500Ls at the moment. The only Abarth is a loaded '14 that's still in transit.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bovril Delight posted:

Can you see out of the back with the top down?

Yeah, no issues.

Edit: To amend this, with the top in the 2/3 down(?) position it doesn't block the window at all but if you have the top all the way down you lose a good half of your rear visibility.

nerdrum posted:

If you're in or around los angeles, there are some absurd deals going on -- plus I can take you for a joy ride in mine. Shoot me a pm if you're local. Congratulations either way!

I'm in NJ but thanks. Drove it home last night and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 9, 2014

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Cross posting from the ride thread...

As stated in the other thread I've ordered the red Abarth side decals.

What I'm looking for now is recommendations for an ECM flash as well as potentially a short throw shifter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Shrapnig posted:

What I'm looking for now is recommendations for an ECM flash as well as potentially a short throw shifter.

I bought one of the craven speed shifters bay am waiting to get it still. As far as tune goes in going to go with tork, they seem to have the most research in theirs and I refuse to use a bandaid piggyback.

• Locked thread