Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
I hope an actual legitimate doctor was involved here, not a Chael ball doctor. I like watching baby giraffes collapse in the Octagon as much as anybody, but I don't want it to be from his heart giving out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm glad his heart passed a test, but what about his chin? The guy has been on the wrong end of some brutal KOs and is only in his early twenties.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Aurain posted:

I'm glad his heart passed a test, but what about his chin? The guy has been on the wrong end of some brutal KOs and is only in his early twenties.

sutoruvu

outy
Aug 27, 2004

MycroftXXX posted:

Chael is gonna wrestle? *furiously writes in little notebook*

Irony detection failure.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

@guicruzzz 19m
Amanda Nunes injured, out of UFC fight with Sarah Kaufman (@guicruzzz) http://sbn.to/1iquBNf

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm no expert but a dislocated finger doesn't sound that severe.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

coconono posted:

I'm no expert but a dislocated finger doesn't sound that severe.

Happened to my coworker during kickball season, his pinky was hanging the wrong way. Wasn't Jon Jones injury in the Chael fight just a "dislocated toe"?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

This is Kaufman's 50th replacement opponent, isn't it?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

This is Kaufman's 50th replacement opponent, isn't it?

At this point her gameplan should be generic enough to fight anyone.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I'm not gonna call anybody stupid for thinking it's possible that that fight actually happened and was completely unplanned by both men involved, but I would certainly disagree. Chael is the most pro-wrestling mma fighter ever and he is smart enough to know to do certain things to hype fights.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

cams posted:

I'm not gonna call anybody stupid for thinking it's possible that that fight actually happened and was completely unplanned by both men involved, but I would certainly disagree. Chael is the most pro-wrestling mma fighter ever and he is smart enough to know to do certain things to hype fights.

I'll quote myself from the TUF Brazil OP

Seltzer posted:

Lots of buzz was created when reports of Chael and Wanderlei getting into an honest to goodness fight on set surfaced. People have said it's zuffa staging, but from the twitter reports and the fact that Wanderlei couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag and is prone to rage, I doubt that's the case.

To add to that, you can tell the two really don't like being around each other. If you watch the first episode where Wanderlei surprises Chael and tries to force an apology from him in front of the fighters, you can tell it's not staged. Also, if you watch some of the video in the lead up to the fight it starts with a shoving contest not a straight brawl and Chael goes from FOX anchor Chael into real Chael pretty quick as Wanderlei keeps being a dick. I'll have to see the dialog and "fight" before I judge the whole thing, but the fact that (again) Wanderlei can't act for poo poo and we've already seen him be a prickly hothead in the first ep and the fact that one of Wanderlei's coaches punched Chael in the back of the head leads me to believe it's not fake. I don't think the UFC would go to that level to be honest and the fact they've been hyping the fight so loving much leads me to believe it is real because they captured gold as far as reality tv is concerned.

e- I just typed way too much about an "MMA conspiracy". It could easily come out later that I was wrong, but that's what I think.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
I was just looking up old fighters on Wikipedia to see what they were doing these days and holy poo poo I didn't realize that Carlos Newton is only 37 years old. I thought he was closer to 50....

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Can someone explain what the hell PPV Points are please? I tried to google them and just got loads of articles about Wanderlei wanting them and Mighty Mouse saying they are poo poo, but nothing explaining what they actually are.

Pierat
Mar 29, 2008
ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE THE BNP
A percentage of pay-per-view revenues.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

Pierat posted:

A percentage of pay-per-view revenues.

To expand on this, I believe it is based on the number of buys as well. For example, for the first 500k buys you would get $0.50/buy. For anything from 500k-750k, you get $0.75 for each, and anything over 750k you get $1.00. Or something like that. Not really sure since I've never actually seen their contracts myself.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

I think brock was making three bucks a ppv buy if they sold over a million. I don't know if that's standard or brock worked out his own arrangement

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Droopy Goines posted:

I was just looking up old fighters on Wikipedia to see what they were doing these days and holy poo poo I didn't realize that Carlos Newton is only 37 years old. I thought he was closer to 50....

I miss Carlos Newton. He was cool and really fun to watch.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

outy posted:

Irony detection failure.

:ortiz:

Street Horrrsing posted:

I think brock was making three bucks a ppv buy if they sold over a million. I don't know if that's standard or brock worked out his own arrangement

I'm sure brock had his own arrangement worked out

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
:siren: UFC Fight Night 39 GDT: Big Country For Old Man :siren:

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I hope the slightly younger and white cheater beats the older Hispanic/gorilla cheater. This is important to me.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/8/5595204/nate-diaz-breaks-silence-about-issues-with-ufc-dana-white-responds

Nate going wild

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I need to make more money so I can give the vast majority of it to my management team that I unequivocally trust.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@MattFalerMMA 3m
With Amanda Nunes out; Sarah Kaufman vs Leslie Smith booked for TUF Nations Finale (April 16th)
Expand

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Nate really could go to the b leagues and effortlessly slaughter people for a massive pay day... If he wasn't in a ridiculous loving contract.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Didn't Kaufman beat up Leslie Smith already?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

1st AD posted:

Didn't Kaufman beat up Leslie Smith already?

From what I understand, barely

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

Nate really could go to the b leagues and effortlessly slaughter people for a massive pay day... If he wasn't in a ridiculous loving contract.

article above posted:

"My partners still make sh*t money for what the company is bringing in. They're happy because they're not getting paid what they used to get paid, so they get little chunks to shut up. As far as I'm concerned, I don't get paid sh*t. I get $60,000 (to show) and $60,000 (to win). If I were doing this for the fame, I would have quit seven years ago. I can't tell you what my brother and Gil make, but I can tell you that they signed a contract for more than I get paid to headline and win a fight, and that's bullsh*t. So you understand where I'm coming from? I can't even fight for the money they're offering me. So I ask to get released because I can't fight there for that."

I dunno if they could beat him making what would probably amount to be 300k a year based off his previous records year to year. It's not gently caress you money, but with the right sponsorships and if he, Nick and Melendez were smart enough to branch into their own school he'd have enough to retire in a few more years and be fine.

It's kind of nuts he's upset with 60/60 - I know Melendez really did well with his contract and the added exposure from doing a season of TUF on Fox, but sheeeet Nate, stop whining, go fight.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I thought he was being paid 15/15 or something like that but then again I don't speak Diaz.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Yeah not sure how he's getting 60/60 when that flies in the face of what we know his disclosed pay to be. Sounds a lot like what he was making before Kogan actually.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Tyron Woodley and Rory Macdonald official for 174.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

If Nate's making 60/60 and complaining he's loving retarded. Well he sorta is anyway but you get it.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I usually play devil's advocate against more fighter pay (because most fighters are bad at fighting and i am against giving more money to people who are bad at their jobs) but Nate made some fun points. "We entertain entertainers." I previously thought he had signed a really bad deal, like 15/15k, so 60/60k didn't sound bad when I first read it. But after thinking about it, he does make a couple points. Despite him and Nick being not great athletes with extensive highlight reels, they actually are pretty big draws, especially in this day and age where MMA is really popular, but there aren't many big stars. Nate probably draws as many viewers now as Rampage did a few years back, and Nate isn't making nearly that kind of money. He wants to go crush cans for 200 Gs.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

TheReverend posted:

I thought he was being paid 15/15 or something like that but then again I don't speak Diaz.

The story was that he was making 60/60 when he renegotiated, then Kogan swooped in to make it 15/15 offset by some guaranteed monster signing bonus. I believe he tweeted at the time that it was a much smarter, safer play to go with more guaranteed money up front like an NFL player. Now that Nate's complaining I guess that means he burned through all that sweet bonus money by now (or Kogan and his 'partners' bled him dry) and he realized he has to get by on facebook prelim-tier fighter pay now.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Can't believe no one posted this part yet.

quote:

"I train harder than everybody in the UFC. And then there's boxers out there getting multimillion dollar contracts, and I'm a bigger draw than boxers. It's embarrassing. I think I'm the biggest draw in the lightweight division. I feel like they're trying to weed me out of the top 10. I saw that I went from no. 5 to 6 in the rankings, for some reason. That doesn't make any sense.

I'm pretty sure both the Diaz's are mentally handicapped and in like 50 years we're gonna look back at the UFC and feel shame that they let retards fight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

lmao what boxers is nate diaz outdrawing

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

1st AD posted:

Probably a decent number when taking no-name prelim-level guys into account.

How many multimillion dollar boxers is Nate Diaz outdrawing? Absolutely none.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Bluedeanie posted:

Probably a decent number when taking no-name prelim-level guys into account.

How many multimillion dollar boxers is Nate Diaz outdrawing? Absolutely none.

Wanna see Nate try to box Golovkin. Also wanna see Nate try to talk trash to Golovkin.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I'm pretty sure someone somewhere has paid to watch the Diaz brothers fight at some time in the last decade so they're outdrawing every single boxer in the world except for 2 IIRC.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

1st AD posted:

John Johnson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
4 and 4 in his last 8, dating back to 2011.

Nate is beast. Pay the man Dana!

• Locked thread