Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Modus Trollens posted:

maybe you haven't gotten a call because your a lethargic shite santi

He's the ultimate fair weather frills player. Incredible technique, the best chocolate leg I've seen and great passing/shooting but he's weak mentally.

He's perfect for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
If the quotes are true it's an incredible indictment of Wenger that he could let morale get so low that a regular starter is talking about leaving and the team not having a winning mentality the week of an FA cup semi-final

e: those updated quotes :stare: holy poo poo

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

not not luvd posted:

the best chocolate leg I've seen

Keep him away from Jozy lol

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

not not luvd posted:

He's the ultimate fair weather frills player. Incredible technique, the best chocolate leg I've seen and great passing/shooting but he's weak mentally.

He's perfect for us.

Arshavin's gone though haha

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
also what is a chocolate leg

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

chuggo is BACK posted:

I googled it and, well...

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

chuggo is BACK posted:

It's how RVP referred to his right foot and it always made me lol.

Also this is the most I've ever seen Arsenal fans as a whole be up for Wenger leaving..

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

chuggo is BACK posted:

dario silva's dream

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

chuggo is BACK posted:

gareth bale's third

not not luvd posted:

Also this is the most I've ever seen Arsenal fans as a whole be up for Wenger leaving..
pre-ozil signing post-villa loss was pretty embarrassing too

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

not not luvd posted:

It's how RVP referred to his right foot and it always made me lol.

oh like wrong foot igi

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

mynameisjohn posted:

pre-ozil signing post-villa loss was pretty embarrassing too

I'm not sure it is embarrassing. I've always been hugely pro Wenger and even I'm wavering.

chuggo is BACK posted:

oh like wrong foot igi

Yeah sorry I wasn't trying to do *unique arsenal fan thing cos we're special and cool players by first name only* thing. Thought it was common knowledge.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

It's been long enough. He had time to turn things around and finally spent some money and things just got worse.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

blue footed boobie posted:

It's been long enough. He had time to turn things around and finally spent some money and things just got worse.

Do you trust the board to replace him well? At least Wenger would like to win, I don't think they give a gently caress.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
The FA have done something right for once and have blocked attempts to rename Hull City 'Hull Tigers'.

This is after the fans voted 'in favour' of the change, but only narrowly, with a low turnout, and with an extremely loaded question.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Arsenal Cannons

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
While I don't really like Cazorla's comments, it's really sounding like a repeat of previous starters who are tired of the squad getting thinned out by injury and not having more quality players in the side. I really like Cazorla, he's a ridiculously talented player, but with the amount of time he's been played and the squad availability lately of course he's going to look like poo poo. It's akin to putting Messi in Pulis' Stoke team and expecting the same return as Barca.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

The FA have done something right for once and have blocked attempts to rename Hull City 'Hull Tigers'.

This is after the fans voted 'in favour' of the change, but only narrowly, with a low turnout, and with an extremely loaded question.

This might actually be the best possible result. The owners will hopefully be placated a bit by the fan vote, but the name doesn't actually change.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Shoren posted:

While I don't really like Cazorla's comments, it's really sounding like a repeat of previous starters who are tired of the squad getting thinned out by injury and not having more quality players in the side. I really like Cazorla, he's a ridiculously talented player, but with the amount of time he's been played and the squad availability lately of course he's going to look like poo poo. It's akin to putting Messi in Pulis' Stoke team and expecting the same return as Barca.

It's nowhere near that level. Yes things are hard at the moment but it might go a little better if he put some effort in rather than cried like a child.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

vyelkin posted:

This might actually be the best possible result. The owners will hopefully be placated a bit by the fan vote, but the name doesn't actually change.

The owners never cared if the fans liked the idea. They just wanted to do it, and will now probably leave at the first opportunity.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Ah, yes. Another Arsenal player who was the best in the league before he said he wanted to leave. Now he's poo poo. I've been saying Cazorla was rubbish for months and its nice now that you all agree with me.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

Do you trust the board to replace him well? At least Wenger would like to win, I don't think they give a gently caress.

I really have no clue. I imagine that the board will just be a rubber stamp on whoever Kroenke wants, and we have no indication of what he'll do. I just need something to change. Watching this team get embarrassed a handful of times every season is taking it's toll.

nictigre03
Oct 31, 2011
I really don't get the Hull name change issue.

Edit: I was wrong and thought Hull City Tigers was the historical name. Apparently they changed it prior to the 2013-14 PL season.

nictigre03 fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 9, 2014

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

nictigre03 posted:

I really don't get the Hull name change issue. Hull City Tigers is historical, already in place, and sounds much better. I know the owners were saying that sponsors wanted it changed to Hull Tigers but what makes that better exactly or more attractive (it isn't)?

Its so they can trademark the name.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

serious gaylord posted:

Ah, yes. Another Arsenal player who was the best in the league before he said he wanted to leave. Now he's poo poo. I've been saying Cazorla was rubbish for months and its nice now that you all agree with me.

Don't troll.

I really have no clue. I imagine that the board will just be a rubber stamp on whoever Kroenke wants, and we have no indication of what he'll do. I just need something to change. Watching this team get embarrassed a handful of times every season is taking it's toll.

My worry is that the next person we appoint will show our ambition. If we get a great manager then it'll suggest we've told them there's money there to spend and we're going to try and win something. If we pick from a lower tier then yeah.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

nictigre03 posted:

I really don't get the Hull name change issue. Hull City Tigers is historical, already in place, and sounds much better. I know the owners were saying that sponsors wanted it changed to Hull Tigers but what makes that better exactly or more attractive (it isn't)?

Hull City Tigers isn't historical though, no-one ever calls a team by their real name and then their nickname, its one or the other.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

And even then, hardly anyone calls teams by their nicknames, except journalists.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
nicTIGRE03 hmmm...

nictigre03
Oct 31, 2011

Blue Screen Error posted:

Hull City Tigers isn't historical though, no-one ever calls a team by their real name and then their nickname, its one or the other.

Yeah, I just read up on it some. Didn't realize they changed it to that prior to this premier league season. I don't really get the owners argument since Hull itself sounds pretty distinct to me.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

nictigre03 posted:

Yeah, I just read up on it some. Didn't realize they changed it to that prior to this premier league season. I don't really get the owners argument since Hull itself sounds pretty distinct to me.

They don't like the word City because there are too many other clubs with City in the name apparently.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
I love how Cazorla, this season's passenger, claims he'd go back to Spain to win titles. He wouldn't make the bench at either of the top two.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

Don't troll.

My worry is that the next person we appoint will show our ambition. If we get a great manager then it'll suggest we've told them there's money there to spend and we're going to try and win something. If we pick from a lower tier then yeah.

For me, the issue will be whether they're willing to invest in the team. I don't really have a problem with the club appointing a manager like Rodgers or Wenger who came from the "lower tier," as long as the manager has a plan and vision for the club. As it stands now, the team needs at least four first team players (striker, centerback, defensive midfielder, wide forward), and probably a right back and another centerback when Sagna and Vermalean leave. If the club backs the new manager, things could turn out nicely, but if we keep with Wenger's signing pace we'll just slip further down the table.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

The Arsenal board have multiple times stated "There are funds available" Wenger is the one who loses out on a player like Higuain over a few million and then has a moan about there being no "value in the market" or whatever.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

For me, the issue will be whether they're willing to invest in the team. I don't really have a problem with the club appointing a manager like Rodgers or Wenger who came from the "lower tier," as long as the manager has a plan and vision for the club. As it stands now, the team needs at least four first team players (striker, centerback, defensive midfielder, wide forward), and probably a right back and another centerback when Sagna and Vermalean leave. If the club backs the new manager, things could turn out nicely, but if we keep with Wenger's signing pace we'll just slip further down the table.

Interesting that you think we need a new starting CB but otherwise I agree.

If he does go which I don't think he will unless we completely poo poo the bed in the cup and league I wonder if he'll go upstairs or another club. I would hate to see him manage someone else.

Stinky Pit posted:

The Arsenal board have multiple times stated "There are funds available" Wenger is the one who loses out on a player like Higuain over a few million and then has a moan about there being no "value in the market" or whatever.

I don't believe it's completely Wenger. I think the board are more than happy with fourth.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

Interesting that you think we need a new starting CB but otherwise I agree.

If he does go which I don't think he will unless we completely poo poo the bed in the cup and league I wonder if he'll go upstairs or another club. I would hate to see him manage someone else.

Well we don't necessarily need to replace either of Kosc or Mert, but there should be a third CB who isn't much of a step down from them.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

He didn't say starting CB, just another CB when Vermaelen leaves.

Also, I can't believe Santi Cazorla made those comments. It would be insulting and annoying even if it came from a player who is all work-rate and had heart like Rosicky but coming from probably the biggest luxury player currently at Arsenal its infuriating.

not not luvd posted:

I don't believe it's completely Wenger. I think the board are more than happy with fourth.

I'm not so sure, Kroenke for example, has been more than willing to push for more success from his other sports teams. I'm sure in the end he wants to be as profitable as the other oval office bankers on the Arsenal board but the guy knows that sporting success is key. Even in the ridiculous communist train-wreck that is American sports he's spent the money to take the Denver Nuggets to the most success they've ever had and from all accounts its likely to continue.

I don't think that guy would look at Arsenal, as much as its derided and mocked in the press and by pundits and think "Yeah, well just cruise along"

Ciprian Maricon fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 9, 2014

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
I've been pro Wenger forever but signing one injured forty year old in January knowing two of this season's best players would be injured until now is unforgivable. We lost and drew four games in December and we knew that March would have a worse fixture run of Bayern, Spurs, Bayern, Chelsea, City, Everton.

Plus he's been utterly smashed five or six times this season. Has Mourinho ever been completely turned over? Barcelona 5-0 and Dortmund 4-1, and the only other game I can think of is when he lost to Boro 3-0.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Cazorla is hardly a luxury player. He may not run himself into the ground as much as Rosicky but he does work defensively, much more than Podolski that's for sure. He didn't go about it well, but he's entirely right.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Shoren posted:

Cazorla is hardly a luxury player. He may not run himself into the ground as much as Rosicky but he does work defensively, much more than Podolski that's for sure. He didn't go about it well, but he's entirely right.

lol how wrong can you be

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Cazorla is fuckin shite and im glad everyone has realised this now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Stinky Pit posted:

He didn't say starting CB, just another CB when Vermaelen leaves

He said first team but I agree that we definitely need a quality third centre back and then ideally a young one for fourth.

I'm hoping we get Serge Aurier to replace Sagna who has to be off, surely?

Also I don't really know anything about how Kroenke manages his US stuff but I find it hard to believe he's busting at the gut to spend money to take us up a place or two if we're making money in fourth.

Shoren posted:

He does more than Podolski but that's not saying much. He's also not really got much of an engine. I'd be up for replacing him to be honest.

Carrier posted:

Cazorla is fuckin shite and im glad everyone has realised this now.

He was REALLY productive last year. ~25 goals/assists in his first season.

He's just sulked his way through this one.

• Locked thread