Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Wasn't Watkins photoshopping himself into a Browns uniform earlier in the offseason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

He's photoshopped himself into just about every team that could draft him, but it's quite clear that his heart lies with the Lions.

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013

Roasted Donut posted:

He leads the second tier of receivers behind Lee, Watkins, and Evans. I'd love to draft him

There is another PA team who just lost their #1 that needs him more. drat, with him our top 3 wrs would be 6', 6'3", and 6'7" or however freakishly tall Cooper is. He probably won't fall to late in the second though and we will probably get a defensive guy in the first.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DupaDupa posted:

Wasn't Watkins photoshopping himself into a Browns uniform earlier in the offseason?

SW+CLE
4 EvEr

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You forgot Jordan Matthews, which you very much shouldn't.

Honestly Matthews may have torpedoed his own draft stock with his stone hands but that second tier is really hazy at the moment. Watkins and Evans seem like overwhelming favorites to be drafted in the first but everyone else could drop or rise and I'd have no clue who would be the risers or fallers.

Brandin Cooks is my best bet for the third WR taken, perhaps even the second.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Any metrics nerds know what this poo poo means?

Rotoworld posted:

Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater passed the seven metric "Parcells Rules" and amassed an elite 0.6 percent bad decision rate against BCS opponents, ESPN's KC Joyner writes.

Technically, Bridgewater fell short in one criteria, because he bolted school after his junior year, but Bill Parcells himself ruled that Teddy B gets a free pass because he graduated in December. Joyner's research showed that Bridgewater made zero mistakes on passes thrown 10 or fewer yards downfield, and a spectacular 1.8 percent BDR on vertical passes (slightly worse than Andrew Luck's rate, and much better than Robert Griffin III and Cam Newton).

"History shows players of this caliber are very rare, and that scarcity should make Bridgewater one of the top picks in the 2014 NFL draft," Joyner writes in summation of the in-depth study. "If he slides down the board at all, he could develop into one of this year's draft steals."

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Quest For Glory II posted:

Any metrics nerds know what this poo poo means?

Lol metrics. That's the Parcells system Matt. He basically says that QBs need to be:

1. A three year starter
2. Post at least 23 wins
3. Be a senior
4. Graduate

Teddy and Carr both pass this and Bortles is close. It's also hogwash.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

5. Isn't one of them, uh whats the political term, Asiapeans

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Anyone in hear watch those Game Changers series on NFL Network?

Are they even worth the time?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

John Brown posted:

I don't know what you're talking about but the answer is still NO.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

John Brown posted:

Yes and yes, at least for the WR episode. You're not going to learn much about the game or prospects but Michael Irving screaming at 20 year olds for no real reason is worth the price of admission.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yes and yes, at least for the WR episode. You're not going to learn much about the game or prospects but Michael Irving screaming at 20 year olds for no real reason is worth the price of admission.

I 100% forgive anyone who screams at teenagers. I thought I was gonna be a benevolent coach but those little shits will dog it on everything unless you yell at them.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chad Henne passed the Parcells metric test.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow the New Jersey criminal justice system is worse than imagined. Doltos is allowed around children?!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Wow the New Jersey criminal justice system is worse than imagined. Doltos is allowed around children?!

Haven't coached in a year but apparently all you need for parents to trust you around their impressionable teenagers is up to date CPR and a clean drug test.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Doltos posted:

Haven't coached in a year but apparently all you need for parents to trust you around their impressionable teenagers is up to date CPR and a clean drug test.

That and loose pants for your ankle bracelet

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ehud posted:

Yeah and he owns. I like this metric better and better

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Doltos posted:

Honestly Matthews may have torpedoed his own draft stock with his stone hands but that second tier is really hazy at the moment.

Stone hands? He drops the ball maybe slightly more than average but he also makes some excellent grabs. It's odd for you to single him out when Benjamin and Lee are the real masters of the Dropsies in this class. If any WRs helped their stock at the combine it was Matthews and Moncrief. Those 40s alone did a lot to alleviate concerns.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Chad Henne's done plenty well for a 2nd round quarterback. I mean, look at the others drafted in the 2nd in the drafts around him.

Drew Stanton
John Beck
Kevin Kolb
Brian Brohm
Pat White
Jimmy Clausen

And then you finally get to Kaep.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

That and loose pants for your ankle bracelet

:golfclap:

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Chad Henne's done plenty well for a 2nd round quarterback. I mean, look at the others drafted in the 2nd in the drafts around him.

Drew Stanton
John Beck
Kevin Kolb
Brian Brohm
Pat White
Jimmy Clausen

And then you finally get to Kaep.

And a few years before him you have Drew Brees...

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Chichevache posted:

:golfclap:

2 1/2 out of 13 isn't the greatest hit rate. :v:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Chichevache posted:

6 years is a pretty substantial time.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Detroit_Dogg posted:

6 years is a pretty substantial time.

More like ten if we are talking Kap.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Found this and updated it a bit:

Second-round quarterbacks since Brees:

Geno Smith (J E T S JETS JETS JETS), 2013 Soon to be backup
Brock Osweiler (Broncos), 2012 Very tall backup
Andy Dalton (Bengals), 2011 Starting
Colin Kaepernick (49ers), 2011 Starting
Jimmy Clausen (Panthers), 2010 I assume dead
Pat White (Dolphins), 2009 CFL
Brian Brohm (Packers), 2008 CFL
Chad Henne (Dolphins), 2008 Starting QB
Kevin Kolb (Eagles), 2007 Out of work
John Beck (Dolphins), 2007 CFL
Drew Stanton (Lions), 2007 Backup
Kellen Clemens (Jets), 2006 Backup
Tarvaris Jackson (Vikings), Backup

*No quarterbacks were drafted in the second round of the 2002-2005 drafts.

The NFL's history of second-round quarterback whiffs extends around Brees and all the way back to Brett Favre ('91).

Second-round quarterbacks between Brees and Favre:

Quincy Carter (Cowboys), 2001 - 34 starts
Marques Tuiasosopo (Raiders), 2001 - 2 starts
Shaun King (Bucs), 1999 - 24 starts
Charlie Batch (Lions), 1998 - 53 starts
Jake Plummer (Cardinals) - 136 starts
Tony Banks (Rams), 1996 - 78 starts
Todd Collins (Bills), 1995 - 21 starts
Kordell Stewart (Steelers), 1995 - 87 starts, career 77:84 TD-to-INT ratio
Matt Blundin (Chiefs), 1992 - 0 starts
Tony Sacca (Cardinals), 1992 - 0 starts

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Holy poo poo! I thought Osweiler was taken in the 4th or something. That pick actually could have been a good starter.

Someone is going to draft Logan Thomas in the 2nd, aren't they?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah the Patriots.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
After skipping the senior bowl AJ McCarron is doing other fun things to his draft stock by announcing a reality TV show centered around his upcoming wedding.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

AJ McCarron!! We trusted you with those intangibles and you went and lost them!!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

DupaDupa posted:

After skipping the senior bowl AJ McCarron is doing other fun things to his draft stock by announcing a reality TV show centered around his upcoming wedding.

When is it airing? It might be worth a GDT.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Chichevache posted:

When is it airing? It might be worth a GDT.

No idea but the wedding is July 11th according to CBS.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24519963/katherine-webbs-family-wedding-to-aj-mccarron-will-be-reality-show

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

I'm pretty sure "possibly better than Gabbert" was the only metric Jacksonville had any interest in.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

They need to go full pro-day/combine on his wedding.

And Katherine Webb is walking down the Aisle.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Jake Plummer (Cardinals) - 136 starts

Plummer owned though

e: Just on a whim decided to look at the 2006 draft which the Texans just killed (Mario, Owen Daniels, Demeco Ryans, Eric Winston, Mike Brisiel, Tramon Williams but he only sort of counts) and realized not a single one of them is still on the team :smith:

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 9, 2014

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dexo posted:

And Katherine Webb is walking down the Aisle.

Sprinting down the aisle apparently

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Intruder posted:

Plummer owned though

e: Just on a whim decided to look at the 2006 draft which the Texans just killed (Mario, Owen Daniels, Demeco Ryans, Eric Winston, Mike Brisiel, Tramon Williams but he only sort of counts) and realized not a single one of them is still on the team :smith:

Huh. I thought Demeco Ryans was younger than that.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Huh. I thought Demeco Ryans was younger than that.

29 isn't THAT old really, he's still got another 5 or so years left in him

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

Plummer owned though

I just glanced at the top half of the first round.

Only 4 of the 16 players are still on the team that drafted them. Four are out of the league (something, something, have to draft quarterbacks).

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

DupaDupa posted:

Who needs NFL money when you can get TLC money?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Intruder posted:

Plummer owned though

Hmm.

Ernie Sims Cowboys
Daniel Bullocks Out of football
Brian Calhoun Out of football
Jonathan Scott Bears by way of Lions by way of Steelers by way of Bills by way of Lions
Dee McCann Out of football
Fred Matua Out of life. Literally dead.
Anthony Cannon Out of football

5 done with football, 1 of whom is literally not breathing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Intruder posted:

Plummer owned though

I don't think you can really treat that as that big of a negative, the decision to draft a guy and the decision to re-sign them after their rookie contract should be evaluated differently. The decision to draft Mario Williams and to not out-complete Buffalo for his services as a free agent were the right thing to do.

You look back at that draft, and how many guys were both worth their original pick and still play for their original team? Like a dozen or so in the entire draft?

• Locked thread