Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Forgot about the 13" air. No need to get the 128gb iPad, though, unless you just absolutely need all your pirated content all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Nice! posted:

Forgot about the 13" air. No need to get the 128gb iPad, though, unless you just absolutely need all your pirated content all the time.

Ya, I'm going with the 256gb. I'm gonna be gone for roughly 2 weeks at a time, so having a ton of media would be nice.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Ya, I'm going with the 256gb. I'm gonna be gone for roughly 2 weeks at a time, so having a ton of media would be nice.

A 128gb plus external hdd would be cheaper. Apple gouges on SSDs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I was gonna say the same, but it isn't quite as portable. If it's mostly hotel watching, then definitely go external. If you know they have hdmi hookups on the tv, make sure to grab an hdmi cable.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
whats a good brand of external hard drive then?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I've had a western digital my book I bought back in 2008 that's still chugging along just fine. I saw some 2TB ones on google just now for a bill.

But I honestly don't know if they're any better than any others. Just what I have.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Buffalo externals are really good

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
is it western digital that poo poo themselves out all the time or was that seagate or w/e

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

is it western digital that poo poo themselves out all the time or was that seagate or w/e

seagate

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
cool, y'all saved me a hundred bucks, ty

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I have a Toshiba USB 3.0 one. It's going on a few years now. It should be said that any PC/laptop that can be upgraded on your own would be cheaper than letting the company do it for you. With macbooks, Apple ties your hands on it, though.

Now that I've said that, it'll fail here in the next week.

fake edit: two tags :smugdog:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Went to the office last night for work for the first time in a month. A coworker of mine just bought a 2007 BMW M5.

For $40k.

:stare:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Went to the office last night for work for the first time in a month. A coworker of mine just bought a 2007 BMW M5.

For $40k.

He deserves that.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

He deserves that.

It's in good condition and poo poo, but holy loving poo poo KBB value for an excellent condition one is $24k.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

It's in good condition and poo poo, but holy loving poo poo KBB value for an excellent condition one is $24k.

For 40 grand, I'm buying a car that is a goddamn occasion to drive. A 2007 M5 is not that. gently caress, I'd rather spend a little over half that on a BRZ.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

For $40k.

Don't worry. He'll pay the rest when something breaks. I worked on E60s, and there's plenty to break. There's even more to break on the M5. Did he get the SMG? Even MORE poo poo to break. The SMG is better than the manual performance-wise, but I wouldn't touch one of those things out of warranty.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

holocaust bloopers posted:

A 128gb plus external hdd would be cheaper. Apple gouges on SSDs.

Do what I did and get Obama to buy you a macbook with all the bells and whistles. Thanks Obama and Voc rehab!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

gleep gloop posted:

Do what I did and get Obama to buy you a macbook with all the bells and whistles. Thanks Obama and Voc rehab!

Not on Voc Rehab. Bought a MB Retina refurbished for like 1200 a year or so ago.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

For $40k.

congrats working with one of the stupidest people to ever exist

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

congrats working with one of the stupidest people to ever exist

He really is a loving idiot. I could tell stories, but they're not funny. Just sad.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

He really is a loving idiot. I could tell stories, but they're not funny. Just sad.

Tell 'em.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Don't, this goddamned Canadian is trying to steal our national secrets

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

It's nothing cool or funny at all. He just does a poo poo job, blames everyone but himself for poo poo that happens, and has a "girlfriend" in Texas that just happened all of a sudden.

He bought the M5, and didn't tell anyone else at the office at all. He only told me because we walked out together after our shift and I didn't see his usual beat up Accord. I'm pretty positive that he knows he's getting hosed, but doesn't care because BMW OMG.

It's going to be sad when something happens or breaks on it and he can't afford it.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

some fuckin lance corporal got hooked up during her fleet week show

I would re-up to be this guy.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

It's nothing cool or funny at all. He just does a poo poo job, blames everyone but himself for poo poo that happens, and has a "girlfriend" in Texas that just happened all of a sudden.

He bought the M5, and didn't tell anyone else at the office at all. He only told me because we walked out together after our shift and I didn't see his usual beat up Accord. I'm pretty positive that he knows he's getting hosed, but doesn't care because BMW OMG.

It's going to be sad when something happens or breaks on it and he can't afford it.

Please tell me he's prior enlisted.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

USMC503 posted:

Please tell me he's prior enlisted.

Nah, he's muslim.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

For $40k.

That's cool that you work with an idiot. Hope he's excited for his exorbitant repair bills.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

RIP Ultimate Warrior. I guess heaven needed someone to shake the turnbuckles. :angel:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mad Dragon posted:

RIP Ultimate Warrior. I guess heaven needed someone to shake the turnbuckles. :angel:

UW got to the pearly gates and was immediately super slammed by Macho Man.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

UW got to the pearly gates and was immediately super slammed by Macho Man.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Where's the goddamn image I attached?

edit: hey. there it is ten minutes later...

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 10, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Colbert is taking over for Letterman. Kinda surprised he would leave The Colbert Report.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I think it would be hard to turn down the sacks of cash that network television can offer over cable. It's a completely different ballgame money-wise.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Yeah. I grew up with Letterman, as my parents are huge fans of him. Used to have the Top Ten List books on the toilet tank, I'd read them and wonder who the heck John Sununu was and why they made fun of him so much, so it's kinda sad to see him go. I think Colbert makes the most sense though.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

No more colbert report makes me sad though.

It is funny that all those #cancelcolbert people got what they wished for.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

USMC503 posted:

No more colbert report makes me sad though.

It is funny that all those #cancelcolbert people got what they wished for.

It's double funny because now he will have more viewers and more money lol.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
Being able to go home on lunch is the most pro thing ever.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Being able to go home on lunch is the most pro thing ever.

No, working from home is the most pro thing ever

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
no, living off fat stacks of va welfare and not having to do poo poo is the pro-est.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

va welfare, unemployment, undergrads in yoga pants, best lyfe

• Locked thread