Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Captain Trips posted:

Doesn't the target group have to be offended by a word for it to be considered a slur? It's like cracker. No white person has ever been offended by being called a cracker.

well except racists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

The Lone Badger posted:

Alternatively, here is a cat performing an extremely impressive over-the-head throw.

:bahgawd: bah gawd king Mr Tiddles just suplexed that 700lb giant :bahgawd:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here is a photo of a man doing a handstand on a cat.

Catpoeira

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

So you turn your doorknob into a dildo?

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

The Lone Badger posted:

Alternatively, here is a cat performing an extremely impressive over-the-head throw.

RULES OF NATURE

Sokoban
Feb 16, 2011

THUNDERDOME
LOSER

Haruharuharuko posted:

So you turn your doorknob into a dildo?

There's no problem that can't be solved with dildos

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Sokoban posted:

There's no problem that can't be solved with dildos

You must be correct. (NSFW, maybe? It's a dildo; I don't know where you work.)

Khazar-khum posted:

I think I love you.

Hey, for real, I might love you, too. Call me.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Well, somewhere out there there's people who work in dildo factories. It would be slightly hypocritical of their HR department to get mad at them for looking at dildos, don't you think?

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

DrBouvenstein posted:

Well, somewhere out there there's people who work in dildo factories. It would be slightly hypocritical of their HR department to get mad at them for looking at dildos, don't you think?

:thejoke:

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

I don't get it. What's funny about this? Is there a way you can take it into some editing software and maybe draw an arrow to point it out?

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

hint: there's a bird

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I don't get it. What's funny about this? Is there a way you can take it into some editing software and maybe draw an arrow to point it out?

The seagull is turning into a reptilian form.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

TontoCorazon posted:

If I remember that's the start of a really dumb Harlem shake video.

Thank you so much TontoCorazon! Everytime i see this picture, i start guessing what happened there. And it's horrible. And each time it get's worse, like, i noticed there's a guy without a shirt standing on the left just today.
You brought peace to my mind and i am thankful. And don't anyone loving internet-detective this, except if your version is nicer.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Sneaking Mission posted:

hint: there's a bird

The joke isn't the bird.

It's the arrow pointing at the bird. If you're going to edit this photo, you need to have a discreet, inoffensive arrow pointing at the big honking unnecessary arrow.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Where do you even find bright green plush carpet, anyway? I'm tempted to run up the street to our local flooring store to see if they have any in stock. I can't imagine they sell much of it.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
I thought it was Astroturf.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Captain Trips posted:

Doesn't the target group have to be offended by a word for it to be considered a slur? It's like cracker. No white person has ever been offended by being called a cracker.

I dunno, it seems to be working, since every time someone brings up "cis" goons feel it mandatory to spend at least a page declaring proudly how unoffended they are. Then there's always a nice heaping of transphobia thrown in for good measure.

Much like when racist white guys get called honkey or cracker, they start attacking black people in defence.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

"...and I learned that seagulls can get inside your rear end."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtnkap5yhMk

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
Fish buddies!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

made of bees posted:

I thought it was Astroturf.

Same here. People put all kinds of weird stuff on the floor when they finish a basement.

kannonfodder posted:

I dunno, it seems to be working, since every time someone brings up "cis" goons feel it mandatory to spend at least a page declaring proudly how unoffended they are. Then there's always a nice heaping of transphobia thrown in for good measure.

For the most part, it's that some of the pronouns are loving stupid sounding.

I generally go with "them/their/they" when I don't know someone's gender, which is pretty common when you've never met someone in person and their name doesn't point to their gender. The purple and blue nametags above sound like names for an alien race in some 70's/80's scifi book.

Oh, hey. It looks like the pack also comes with a name tag where you can write whatever the gently caress you want to on it.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Your point stands, but I feel compelled to point out that the slanted ceiling makes it appear more like a room over a garage.
You're right. I just didn't want to look any closer at the picture. You're a braver person than me.

Bored has a new favorite as of 19:20 on Apr 9, 2014

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Now go post this in Pet Island.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bored posted:

Same here. People put all kinds of weird stuff on the floor when they finish a basement.

Your point stands, but I feel compelled to point out that the slanted ceiling makes it appear more like a room over a garage.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Where do you even find bright green plush carpet, anyway? I'm tempted to run up the street to our local flooring store to see if they have any in stock. I can't imagine they sell much of it.

My guess, looking at the pony shirt, is that they wanted a way to simulate grass. Ugh

Refrigerapist
Dec 11, 2004

Bored posted:

For the most part, it's that some of the pronouns are loving stupid sounding.

I generally go with "them/their/they" when I don't know someone's gender, which is pretty common when you've never met someone in person and their name doesn't point to their gender. The purple and blue nametags above sound like names for an alien race in some 70's/80's scifi book.

Oh, hey. It looks like the pack also comes with a name tag where you can write whatever the gently caress you want to on it.

I was talking about these images with a friend on battle.net's chat client, and Blizzard has decided to censor the word "hetero". How very progressive of them.

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
These are a little redundant, because you can just refer to a person by their name rather than any sort of silly pronoun. Its simpler, more formal, and is far less likely to offend.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Lotron posted:

From Amazon:

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrgh mateys September 8, 2000
By shoeboy
Format:Paperback
Ahoy me fine salty sailors. If ye be lookin for gripping adventure on the high seas, this be the book for ye. It hoisted me mizzen mast and shivered me timbers, Yar! If you've ever wondered exactly what to do with a drunken sailor, this is the book for you. The author, Barry Richard Burg is a great expert on seamen and it really shows through. I was dissapointed to find that the nautical phrase "a three days blow" didn't mean what I thought it did, but the author's loving descriptions of how these pirates would oil each other up with whale blubber and lash each other with the cat o' nine tails more than made up for it. I'm tempted to go summon my cockswain, rent "The Pirate Movie", then kick back and mourn the passing of the days when burly pirates would start their day by opening the seacock and pumping furiously. Customers who bought titles by Barry Richard Burg also bought titles by J. K. Rowling -- coincidence? I think not.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Jellymouth posted:

These are a little redundant, because you can just refer to a person by their name rather than any sort of silly pronoun. Its simpler, more formal, and is far less likely to offend.

Check your privilege, nameist scum.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Stoatbringer posted:

Check your privilege, nameist scum.

Is that a harpoon

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Isn't a transfat someone who is thin but wants to be fat/is fat in their heads?

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007

Cosima posted:

Trans fats like the type of fat in foods. It means two things in this joke. I laughed.

Ein
Feb 27, 2002

Cosima posted:

It's like a merkin, a small pube wig used by whores in the olden days, but it's also used by people who identifies as mermaids. With both groups, transfats and merkins, they were to dumb to realize what they were calling themselves before it was too late.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Cosima posted:

Yes, in theory, but from what I've seen they're also often "fat people who want to be even fatter."

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

I'm here to ruin your picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

beato posted:

I'm here to ruin your picture.

All you've done is flip it? Anyone can do that. Now it just looks like the cats on the ceiling?

• Locked thread