Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
After cleaning and BOSS sorting my mods, I thought giving the unofficial patches a try might help as well. Now I get crashes on boot, right when the main menu should pop up. Crash log is short:

[04/09/2014 - 04:33:17PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[04/09/2014 - 04:33:17PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[04/09/2014 - 04:33:17PM] Memory page: 100000 (min) 5000000 (max) 1800000000 (max total)
[04/09/2014 - 04:33:40PM] Cannot open store for class "OS_EAUE_WarAxeScript01", missing file?
[04/09/2014 - 04:33:40PM] Cannot open store for class "OS_EAUE_Test", missing file?
[04/09/2014 - 04:33:40PM] Cannot open store for class "OS_WarAxeScript01", missing file?
[04/09/2014 - 04:33:41PM] Cannot open store for class "tweakfollowerscript", missing file?
[04/09/2014 - 04:33:41PM] Cannot open store for class "RS_WeatherIDRingScript", missing file?

Load order.

poo poo was working fine last night, save for the occasional CTD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

After cleaning and BOSS sorting my mods, I thought giving the unofficial patches a try might help as well. Now I get crashes on boot, right when the main menu should pop up. Crash log is short:

[04/09/2014 - 04:33:17PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[04/09/2014 - 04:33:17PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[04/09/2014 - 04:33:17PM] Memory page: 100000 (min) 5000000 (max) 1800000000 (max total)
[04/09/2014 - 04:33:40PM] Cannot open store for class "OS_EAUE_WarAxeScript01", missing file?
[04/09/2014 - 04:33:40PM] Cannot open store for class "OS_EAUE_Test", missing file?
[04/09/2014 - 04:33:40PM] Cannot open store for class "OS_WarAxeScript01", missing file?
[04/09/2014 - 04:33:41PM] Cannot open store for class "tweakfollowerscript", missing file?
[04/09/2014 - 04:33:41PM] Cannot open store for class "RS_WeatherIDRingScript", missing file?

Load order.

poo poo was working fine last night, save for the occasional CTD.

ASIS has some weird incompatibility with the Unofficial Dragonborn patch, put that in the ASIS block list.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

God, I've been poring over the .esp of Immersive Armors 7 for ages and I can't for the life of me understand how the things get into the leveled lists. Aside from trivial things like hunters and the Ali'kr, I just can't find any point where they connect into the existing values and tables.

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

Is there a decent mod that adds a bunch of weapons to the game without having them be crafted only or something like that, and if so, how compatible is it with that Lootification thing that makes them enchanted. I hated playing with weapon/armor mods (including Immersive Armors, despite how amazing it is) and only finding unenchanted versions, so I'm determined to make it work this time. Most of the weapon mods I've tried end up being dumb, unbalanced, and full of katanas. I'm looking for the opposite of that.

I'm also hoping this Thunderchild shout package thing doesn't break the game wide open because it sounds really cool in theory.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

scamtank posted:

God, I've been poring over the .esp of Immersive Armors 7 for ages and I can't for the life of me understand how the things get into the leveled lists. Aside from trivial things like hunters and the Ali'kr, I just can't find any point where they connect into the existing values and tables.

Look in the scripts. They're being injected into the leveled lists via scripting, which is why you can remove specific armors from said lists via the MCM menu.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Zarick posted:

I'm also hoping this Thunderchild shout package thing doesn't break the game wide open because it sounds really cool in theory.
A lot of it you don't really get access to until late in the game, since the new shouts still require you to learn a bunch of words like you normally would and favor doesn't build up all that quickly.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Agents are GO! posted:

ASIS has some weird incompatibility with the Unofficial Dragonborn patch, put that in the ASIS block list.

That fixed that, thanks. But now dogs and chickens (so far) are missing textures, and I've run my skyproc patcher for automatic variants which usually fixes it.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Strudel Man posted:

Yeah, it's been at least 600 years since she was locked up. And yet her dad responds like she just popped out an hour ago. Pretty dumb.

To be fair, the plot makes it pretty clear that he really doesn't care about her at all. But he should at least be more surprised. On the other hand, it's not like there was really any time for a dramatic buildup to her return, since you just walk right in completely out of nowhere. And maybe being immortal just screws with your perception of time. Personally, I'm more surprised that Valerica isn't at least half-crazed with sheer boredom by the time you find her, given the situation you find her in.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Scyantific posted:

Look in the scripts. They're being injected into the leveled lists via scripting, which is why you can remove specific armors from said lists via the MCM menu.

Cool, I had some trouble before I got the notion that the scripts are probably buried in the (unopened) BSA.

I'm just trying to find where it sticks everything so that I can pull it on the same line with OBIS and its themed outfits. I've had the feeling that some bandits have been getting doubled sets of equipment.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

* The checkbox that says "Don't run BOSS" is nonfunctional in at least one of those proccers.
I know about this but gently caress if I can figure out why it happens. I'm not even sure why he forced it to run BOSS every time anyway or how to disable it.

Agents are GO! posted:

With BOSS 2.2 installed? That's troubling.

Zarick posted:

Is there a decent mod that adds a bunch of weapons to the game without having them be crafted only or something like that, and if so, how compatible is it with that Lootification thing that makes them enchanted. I hated playing with weapon/armor mods (including Immersive Armors, despite how amazing it is) and only finding unenchanted versions, so I'm determined to make it work this time. Most of the weapon mods I've tried end up being dumb, unbalanced, and full of katanas. I'm looking for the opposite of that.

Lootification will add weapons and armor to leveled lists as well as enchanting them and adding enchanted versions to leveled lists too! So you can use the craft only weapons and lootification will turn them into full content.

Also Armory of Tamriel is a cool mod that adds tons of variations of the existing weapons and is pretty balanced. They had a beta for a version with armors too I think.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Saint Sputnik posted:

You'd think they would have at least added a rumor about the castle on an island to the north to every single NPC's dialog.
To be fair, most of the NPCs in Skyrim seem to take the presence of all the ruins in their country in stride. To the man on the street Voikihar is just another run-down fort in a country full of run-down forts.

Strudel Man posted:

Yeah, it's been at least 600 years since she was locked up. And yet her dad responds like she just popped out an hour ago. Pretty dumb.
Time is meaningless to the children of the night :drac:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

That fixed that, thanks. But now dogs and chickens (so far) are missing textures, and I've run my skyproc patcher for automatic variants which usually fixes it.

Could this be your problem?

Agents are GO! posted:

If you are running AV through Mod Organizer, every time you run it you'll need to open your overwrite folder and move the textures back to Automatic Variants.

For some reason, it always moves them to your overwrite folder, which is a neat way to have to redownload all your AV packs if you delete the contents of your overwrite folder.

I had that issue.

LtSmash posted:

With BOSS 2.2 installed? That's troubling.

I haven't experienced it, since I'm in the middle of a playthrough and don't want to gently caress anything up, but here's the UDBP Nexus Thread about it, complete with Arthmoor being his usual self.

LtSmash posted:

Also Armory of Tamriel is a cool mod that adds tons of variations of the existing weapons and is pretty balanced. They had a beta for a version with armors too I think.

Is that the one that seperates material and style? Wasn't a huge fan of it.

EDIT:

quote:

Lootification will add weapons and armor to leveled lists as well as enchanting them and adding enchanted versions to leveled lists too! So you can use the craft only weapons and lootification will turn them into full content

Did you ever figure out the 2H weapon issue I posted about?

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 10, 2014

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Agents are GO! posted:

Could this be your problem?

Agents are GO! posted:

If you are running AV through Mod Organizer, every time you run it you'll need to open your overwrite folder and move the textures back to Automatic Variants.

For some reason, it always moves them to your overwrite folder, which is a neat way to have to redownload all your AV packs if you delete the contents of your overwrite folder.

I'm still using NMM. Here's some screenshots:

Only some of the mudcrabs are rendering correctly. Livestock however is all broken. Found a purple bear up in the hills, too.

E:

Fixed it by running the AV patcher by itself. Seems the SUM method was being stubborn.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 10, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

I'm still using NMM. Here's some screenshots:

Only some of the mudcrabs are rendering correctly. Livestock however is all broken. Found a purple bear up in the hills, too.

E:

Fixed it by running the AV patcher by itself. Seems the SUM method was being stubborn.

Yeah, SUM crashes for me while running LLI every time. I eventually gave up on it.

I think my 29MB LLI.esp just broke it. :getin:

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

I haven't experienced it, since I'm in the middle of a playthrough and don't want to gently caress anything up, but here's the UDBP Nexus Thread about it, complete with Arthmoor being his usual self.

Is that the one that seperates material and style? Wasn't a huge fan of it.

Did you ever figure out the 2H weapon issue I posted about?

It looks like that was people using the last version from before I started ASIS stuff or with an old version of BOSS.

AoT is material and styles yeah.

Sadly not yet. Life conspires against me getting much of anything done. Also I discovered that skyproc totally strips all script fragments and alias scripts from quests it processes so my bit of dev work has mostly gone into trying to decypher the VMAD format from the half finished wiki and the totally undocumented delphi code of tesedit while going through an esp with a hex editor and cursing because my debugger claims the file is empty as soon as I try and get skyproc to parse the scripts.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash posted:

It looks like that was people using the last version from before I started ASIS stuff or with an old version of BOSS.

AoT is material and styles yeah.

Sadly not yet. Life conspires against me getting much of anything done. Also I discovered that skyproc totally strips all script fragments and alias scripts from quests it processes so my bit of dev work has mostly gone into trying to decypher the VMAD format from the half finished wiki and the totally undocumented delphi code of tesedit while going through an esp with a hex editor and cursing because my debugger claims the file is empty as soon as I try and get skyproc to parse the scripts.

(nods sagely) Yes that can be quite vexing when, uhm, that happens. (I hope he doesn't realize I have absolutely no idea what that meant.)

Anyhow, in ASIS news, I mentioned I was going to go through and block a bunch of cells between Honningbrew Meadery and Valtheim Towers because of extreme lag generated by all the spawn points along that route... and here's the results:

IncreasedSpawns.ini - Updated
RandomSpawns.ini - Updated

If anyone is going to use these, you should really grab both. They're made from the most recent version of ASIS, but should work with older versions AFAIK. They also add a few other tweaks, such as support for the Populated Skyrim series of mods, and a couple of excluded cells to fix issues I had in Dragonborn.

Oh, and LtSmash: Does ASIS not support making random spawns out of anything not in Skyrim.esm? I tried to make a random spawn entry with Ash Spawn from Dragonborn, and those entries in the ASIS.esp were blank. :(

Edit: Oh, and LtSmash, if by some weird chance you wanted to use my ini tweaks or any of the lootifications I've done in the official releases, feel free. :)

Edit 2: Well, it appears I can't exclude cells not in Skyrim.esm either. The 4 dragonborn cells I tried to exclude turned out like this:

(The "VatsDOlly" thing is supposed to be Vahlok's Tomb from dragonborn. The last 6 numbers of the formid are the same.) I edited the pastebin to take them out.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 10, 2014

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Does anyone have any way to make Apocalypse Spells' Replicate replicate an entire stack of something? I have.. too much gold, and it'd be rad to be able to dupe things more than one at a time.

I give no fucks about balance.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

That sounds like it'd be a scripting thing, and I can't help you with scripting things. Sorry.

Anyhow, on to what I want to talk about. :smuggo:

The ASIS cell exclusions fuckin' work!!! I seriously used to get killed because my framerate got so bogged down on the road between Honningbrew Meadery and Valtheim Towers. Observe:

I honestly think the Mudcrabs were the greatest sources of the FPS drop: There ended up being like 50 of the cocksuckers, with the automatic variants script running on each loving one.

Thats a lot of loving deer.

:smug: Oh yeah, just a typical day with ASIS...

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

(nods sagely) Yes that can be quite vexing when, uhm, that happens. (I hope he doesn't realize I have absolutely no idea what that meant.)
Skyproc breaks poo poo with quests and skyrim is crazy under the hood with scripts. The community tools are written in gibberish moon language that you have to pay to use and they didn't bother to write down how anything works. The wiki has the file structure but when it gets to scripts it has a picture of a thalmor stamping on a nord face, forever.

quote:

Oh, and LtSmash: Does ASIS not support making random spawns out of anything not in Skyrim.esm? I tried to make a random spawn entry with Ash Spawn from Dragonborn, and those entries in the ASIS.esp were blank. :(
Not sure exactly what you mean by this. I might just be too tired.

quote:

Edit 2: Well, it appears I can't exclude cells not in Skyrim.esm either. The 4 dragonborn cells I tried to exclude turned out like this:

(The "VatsDOlly" thing is supposed to be Vahlok's Tomb from dragonborn. The last 6 numbers of the formid are the same.) I edited the pastebin to take them out.
Welp. Yeah, ASIS is reading them as 6 digits and assuming they belong to skyrim.esm. I can change it to be 123456=file.esm/p in the next version. 0142ef in skyrim.esm is vatsDolly (probably the zoom speed setting for kill cams or something) where 0142ef in dragonborn.esm is whatever cell you wanted to exclude.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Oh yeah, SPERG bug report. I did a skill Legendary and lost the Good Listener perk's effects.

I have Skytweak involved which may have been the issue, but it also let me fix the issue.

edit: SkyUI-Away makes SkyUI constantly complain about incompatible SWF files. Can I stop this and make them play along?

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 10, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash posted:

Skyproc breaks poo poo with quests and skyrim is crazy under the hood with scripts. The community tools are written in gibberish moon language that you have to pay to use and they didn't bother to write down how anything works. The wiki has the file structure but when it gets to scripts it has a picture of a thalmor stamping on a nord face, forever.

There does seem to be a "You want documentation? Hope you like reading 5 year old forum posts. :smug:" attitude in some places.

quote:

Not sure exactly what you mean by this. I might just be too tired.

Basically, it's the same issue as below. I put in the EDID for AshSpawn, and in ASIS.esp, that leveledNPC entry is empty. If there's any way you can do for the random spawn entries what you're going to do for the cell exclusion entries, you'd be Even more awesome than you are now, something I had considered an impossibility.

quote:

Welp. Yeah, ASIS is reading them as 6 digits and assuming they belong to skyrim.esm. I can change it to be 123456=file.esm/p in the next version. 0142ef in skyrim.esm is vatsDolly (probably the zoom speed setting for kill cams or something) where 0142ef in dragonborn.esm is whatever cell you wanted to exclude.

Also, as an aside, I actually think I might have an idea what's causing the 2H weapon problem with LLI. I'll test my hypothesis tomorrow and let you know.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

Basically, it's the same issue as below. I put in the EDID for AshSpawn, and in ASIS.esp, that leveledNPC entry is empty. If there's any way you can do for the random spawn entries what you're going to do for the cell exclusion entries, you'd be Even more awesome than you are now, something I had considered an impossibility.

Also, as an aside, I actually think I might have an idea what's causing the 2H weapon problem with LLI. I'll test my hypothesis tomorrow and let you know.

Which part of the random spawns ini did you edit that didn't work? It should be pretty easy to switch over if its the same thing.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash posted:

Which part of the random spawns ini did you edit that didn't work? It should be pretty easy to switch over if its the same thing.

code:
[SpawnAssignments]
;Assignments are editor ID's, and are EXACT editor ID's.
encbandit= 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

encvampire= 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

encforsworn= 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

encfalmer= 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

encwarlock= 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

encthalmor= 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

encwolf= 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

encelk= 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

encdeer= 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

enchare= 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

[SpawnNumbers]
1=lvldremorawarlock lvldremoramelee lvldremoramissile
2=lvlvampire
3=lvlbanditmissile lvlbandit1h lvlbandit2h lvlbanditwizard lvlbanditboss
4=lvlfalmerboss lvlfalmershaman lvlfalmerspellsword lvlfalmermissile lvlfalmermelee
5=lvlforswornmelee lvlforswornmissile lvlforswornboss lvlforswornshaman
6=lvlguardsons
7=lvlguardimperial
8=lvlthalmorboss lvlthalmormage lvlthalmormelee1h lvlthalmormissile
9=lvlvampire lvlvampireboss
10=lvlwarlockconjurer lvlwarlockelemental lvlwarlocknecromancer
11=lvlwitchany
12=dlc2lcharashspawn1h dlc2lcharashspawn2h dlc2lcharashspawnmagic
With the result of:

Bupkis.

Edit: Nevermind on the LLI thing either, I tested my hypothesis and it didn't work.

Edit 2: Out of sheer curiousity, what is SkyProc doing when it's "Adding Masters from Contributors"? It's seriously the longest single part of LLI.

Edit the Third: Okay, poking around ASIS.esp I noticed two things: The FormID ASIS_ListOfValidNPCsRandomSpawns is literally empty. No entries.

Secondly, ASIS_ListOfInalidCellsRandomSpawns is typoed. :shobon: Is that affecting anything, or will it still work as it's supposed to?

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Apr 10, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I just saw Tropical Skyrim in a Kotaku article and I'm slightly tempted. Though I'd rather it applied to only certain regions. Someone needs to make a player created expansion with this.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

sticklefifer posted:

I just saw Tropical Skyrim in a Kotaku article and I'm slightly tempted. Though I'd rather it applied to only certain regions. Someone needs to make a player created expansion with this.

There is always Moonpath to Elsweyr

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

Bupkis.

Edit: Nevermind on the LLI thing either, I tested my hypothesis and it didn't work.

Edit 2: Out of sheer curiousity, what is SkyProc doing when it's "Adding Masters from Contributors"? It's seriously the longest single part of LLI.

Edit the Third: Okay, poking around ASIS.esp I noticed two things: The FormID ASIS_ListOfValidNPCsRandomSpawns is literally empty. No entries.

Secondly, ASIS_ListOfInalidCellsRandomSpawns is typoed. :shobon: Is that affecting anything, or will it still work as it's supposed to?

You are adding Leveled Lists. You have to add NPCs. Try using EncAshSpawn instead, which should cover all of them.

SkyProc basically checks every subrecord of each form in the patch to see if it references another mod so it knows to include it as a master to the final patch. So if ASIS modifies an NPC skyproc needs to check the factions (since the factions section of the NPC is the FormIDs + some other info of the factions that NPC is in) to see what plugins ASIS.esp must have as masters so that faction can be properly resolved. Then repeat for Race, Items, Voice, Template, Spells, perks, keywords, headparts, class, audio stuff, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting. For every single thing in the patch. Thinking about it I could probably just force it to add all active mods as masters and save time although leviathan would probably have a stroke about me butchering it like that.

ASIS_ListOfValidNPCsRandomSpawns is a holdover from olden days I think and just left in to keep skyrim from getting confused if someone updated from an old version. ASIS_ListOfInalidCellsRandomSpawns is totally fatfingered but ought to be harmless since in the code that's just the readable reference to it. I just fixed it though.

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.

Is that your follower stats on the HUD? What mod does that?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

It seems like Elsweyr, Falskaar, and Wyrmstooth are the better rated quest/DLC-type mods. Any others to recommend?

I know some group is working on porting Morrowind into Skyrim's engine, then later Oblivion, but they're not quite there yet.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Nycticeius posted:

Extensible Follower Framework's latest beta (4.0).

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Hog Butcher posted:

Oh yeah, SPERG bug report. I did a skill Legendary and lost the Good Listener perk's effects.

I have Skytweak involved which may have been the issue, but it also let me fix the issue.

edit: SkyUI-Away makes SkyUI constantly complain about incompatible SWF files. Can I stop this and make them play along?

SkyUI has an option to turn off those warnings for different categories. I have to turn off the map warning to use Warburg's paper map. It's under the last item in the lefthand window.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

sticklefifer posted:

It seems like Elsweyr, Falskaar, and Wyrmstooth are the better rated quest/DLC-type mods. Any others to recommend?

I know some group is working on porting Morrowind into Skyrim's engine, then later Oblivion, but they're not quite there yet.

I've heard that Undeath and Helgen Reborn are good as well, but I haven't tested them myself.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Helgen Reborn is really good. The voice acting is awesome and the quest has great pacing. The player home kind of sucks, though.

Des anyone know where I can find another Pillar of the Voice besides the Stormblast pillar for Thunderchild? I'm trying to finish the quest.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

The Spellmaking in Skyrim mod has a pretty bitchin' quest.

EDIT:

With the help of the amazing LtSmash, I finally got random spawns to work with non-vanilla content.

I think I may have gone a bit overboard:

Thats... a lotta Rieklings.

I love how that Horker is just giving me a "See what you've done?" look.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 10, 2014

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
If your setup is even remotely stable, you should 7Z your entire Mod Organizer directory and put it up on OneDrive or something.

I was CTDing like crazy last night, and realized I somehow had two instances of Unknown Enchants in my MCM menu. I think I basically borked it by upgrading a bunch of mods before making a clean save. So...I just downloaded someone else's clean save in Riverwood at the game start--with no mods at all, including DLCs--and let mods happily install themselves for a few minutes before proceeding. So far this seems to work well, and I don't have to go through the intro sequence.

(For some reason if I just start a new game with my current setup, my POV spins wildly and the dialogue never starts.)

Ynglaur fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 10, 2014

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Agents are GO! posted:

With the help of the amazing LtSmash, I finally got random spawns to work with non-vanilla content.

I think I may have gone a bit overboard:

Thats... a lotta Rieklings.

That looks like one of my New Vegas runs, with IWS set to maximum Feral Ghoul mode. :black101: CapnBeeb knows the horrors of what I've done. :unsmigghh:

In other news, the modset seems to have created Easy Mode for some things. Between Resplendant Racials, SPERG, being an Orsimer Vampire Lord and hauling around this ridiculously huge ebony scythe, I just stood in front of the Ebony Warrior when he arrived in Whiterun and one-shotted him. :stare:

Of course, Whiterun went all aggro, so reload. Swap to some stealth gear (no full-invisibility) and my overpowered archery poo poo, and decide to try these mysterious Exotic Arrows I've (rarely) been able to buy.

Rambo arrows, I discover.

Needless to say, the Ebeony Warrior was smeared across the cobblestones again, but no one noticed me sniping him with AN EXPLODING ARROW. :v:

I should go check out this rumor of a dragon at the Western Watchtower, maybe. <innocent whistling>

(Elder Giant Berserkers still take multiple hits and can launch me into low earth orbit if they get a chance, however.)

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Agents are GO! posted:

The Spellmaking in Skyrim mod has a pretty bitchin' quest.

Apparently it doesn't work with SPERG, though.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Alasyre posted:

Helgen Reborn is really good. The voice acting is awesome and the quest has great pacing. The player home kind of sucks, though.

Des anyone know where I can find another Pillar of the Voice besides the Stormblast pillar for Thunderchild? I'm trying to finish the quest.
The Trueshot one is in the swamps north of Morthal, somewhere near the standing stone. Where's the Stormblast one?

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

The Trueshot one is in the swamps north of Morthal, somewhere near the standing stone. Where's the Stormblast one?

Thanks! The Stormblast one is at the beginning of the road to High Hrothgar, right after the first animal encounter at the base of the mountain. It's the one in the screenshot on the mod's page.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Alasyre posted:

Thanks! The Stormblast one is at the beginning of the road to High Hrothgar, right after the first animal encounter at the base of the mountain. It's the one in the screenshot on the mod's page.
I suppose I'm usually too busy trying to book it up the mountain as quickly as possible to look at my surroundings too closely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Nycticeius posted:

That's Extensible Follower Framework, specifically Beta 4. Don't be scared by the Beta label, I'm running one of the earlier iterations of Beta 4 and it's totally stable. It's mainly due to some issue with SKSE holding off on an official update or something I poorly understand.

If you're planning on switching to EFF from another follower mod, though, remember to MAKE A CLEAN SAVE first, with all your followers dismissed. Dismiss your follower if upgrading from vanilla, as well.

• Locked thread