Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

JordanKai posted:

Mega Charizard X is pretty cool I guess but it's got nothing on Rock God Ampharos! :black101:

That is the most fantastic 80s hair metal outfit I have ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

ImpAtom posted:

I am sort of legit disappointed that Elec Man is an assist trophy over Proto Man. Considering Grey Fox/Shadow the Hedgehog were also Assists, it felt like the Mega Man version of those assholes would make more sense than a random Robot Master.

Elec Man's actually pretty perfect because he was the first character Inafune designed once he was assigned Mega Man, and is also his favorite Robot Master. It really fits with Mega Man's appearance being kind of a franchise love letter.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

What you are witnessing is the dance of an axe murderer.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Hungry Bit posted:

Waluigi is an internet joke and nerds want to see their jokes referenced everywhere. Nothing else really matters.

See also: The cake is a lie, anything Minecraft, My Little Pony and I guess Goat Simulator in the future maybe.

Ignore all the posts from the Waluigi fans that don't read/like that web comic. Waluigi is the most hilarious Mario character from the games alone.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Spacebump posted:

Ignore all the posts from the Waluigi fans that don't read/like that web comic. Waluigi is the most hilarious Mario character from the games alone.

They didn't add him to Mario 64 DS, and you could even play as Wario and Yoshi in that.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!
Some people like Waluigi for some reasons. Others like him for different reasons. Others don't like him at all. Let's not go on for pages about it.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Do you think sakurai will allow waluigidashing for online?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Wind God Sety posted:

Some people like Waluigi for some reasons. Others like him for different reasons. Others don't like him at all. Let's not go on for pages about it.

we should take this thread to the waluigi subforum.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
I'm still hoping and praying for a Mr. Game & Watch announcement. He was my favorite character by far in Brawl, he can't not make it into Super Smash Bros, right? Right? :ohdear:

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Karthe posted:

I'm still hoping and praying for a Mr. Game and Watch announcement. He was my favorite character by far in Brawl, he can't not make it into Super Smash Bros, right? Right? :ohdear:

There is 0 chance Game and Watch would be cut. He is a symbol of Smash more than anything now.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Megasabin posted:

There is 0 chance Game and Watch would be cut. He is a symbol of Smash more than anything now.

You could say this about any character that is, at least in the 'modern era', a Smash Only Character. Ness, Lucas, Captain Falcon, the Ice Climbers, etc. There's a lot of 'Smash Symbols'. Some of them might end up getting cut.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Where the gently caress is my Captain Hotdog announcement. Also where is Chrom? I DEMAND ANSWERS, SAKURAI.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Wind God Sety posted:

I don't think you understand how this thread works.

It's bad posts all the way down. And blind declarations about what characters might be removed from the game, too.

Both consoles for this have a touch screen, even having it as a main feature. The dungeon thing implied that you'd use the touch screen to activate items, but I wonder if there will be any other uses for it.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I hope there's an rear end in a top hat Mastermind mode for the Wii U where someone with the pad gets to gently caress with the people playing. Drop items, drag people around, flip the stage, spawn enemies, change gravity, fire lasers, etc. That would be awesome.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You could say this about any character that is, at least in the 'modern era', a Smash Only Character. Ness, Lucas, Captain Falcon, the Ice Climbers, etc. There's a lot of 'Smash Symbols'. Some of them might end up getting cut.

Ness, Lucas (at least one of them is gone for sure), and ice climbers might be on the block, but I'd be shocked if the Capn' is out. Falcon PAAAUUUNNNCCCHH is Smash.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lemming posted:

I hope there's an rear end in a top hat Mastermind mode for the Wii U where someone with the pad gets to gently caress with the people playing. Drop items, drag people around, flip the stage, spawn enemies, change gravity, fire lasers, etc. That would be awesome.

Why would Nintendo utilize their tablet? I don't understand.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I wonder if Capt. Falcon and Ganon haven't been shown off because they're differentiating their move sets. It would be like when Sakurai said they held off on announcing Yoshi because they were changing his model to stand upright and why Sheik and Zero Suit Samus were announced after their former primary forms.

Could also explain Ness/Lucas for the same reason. As much as I like Ness's move set, it was Paula that had all that (except Starstorm, which was Poo).

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

bef posted:

Why would Nintendo utilize their tablet? I don't understand.

I can dream :saddowns:

They could make it really cool if it was like a Master Hand mode. You could still do all that stuff, but if you were enough of a fucker the fighters could stop what they were doing and gang up and kill you. Maybe give the hand secret alternate win conditions like make sure the winner has 2 stock left, or end the match in under 4 minutes, or get one of the fighters over 200% damage.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Suspicious Cook posted:

I wonder if Capt. Falcon and Ganon haven't been shown off because they're differentiating their move sets. It would be like when Sakurai said they held off on announcing Yoshi because they were changing his model to stand upright and why Sheik and Zero Suit Samus were announced after their former primary forms.

Could also explain Ness/Lucas for the same reason. As much as I like Ness's move set, it was Paula that had all that (except Starstorm, which was Poo).
Probably because Ness' actual spellbook of healing and stat effects wouldn't really be the best moveset for a fighting game. Though PK Rockin' would make a killer Final Smash.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Chaltab posted:

Though PK Rockin' would make a killer Final Smash.

Are you talking about PK Farts? :colbert:

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

Lemming posted:

Master Hand mode

...Oh my god, a 5-player mode where the tablet player is Master Hand? This is the best idea, and now I'm sad that Nintendo won't do it. :( It'd provide a neat explanation for who Master Hand is (it was you all along!) to boot, though I don't think that was ever in question.

I'm about to rewatch the Direct to find a bunch of stupid little details no one cares about. I am way too excited for this.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Suspicious Cook posted:

I wonder if Capt. Falcon and Ganon haven't been shown off because they're differentiating their move sets. It would be like when Sakurai said they held off on announcing Yoshi because they were changing his model to stand upright

Ohhhhh God this could be, you've got me very excited!

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lemming posted:

I can dream :saddowns:

They could make it really cool if it was like a Master Hand mode. You could still do all that stuff, but if you were enough of a fucker the fighters could stop what they were doing and gang up and kill you. Maybe give the hand secret alternate win conditions like make sure the winner has 2 stock left, or end the match in under 4 minutes, or get one of the fighters over 200% damage.

I'm actually optimistic we will have something of this nature since we got city trial of all things on the 3ds

Ganon and Falcon having different movesets would be awesome too but i'm gonna miss that gerudo kick

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
He could be like the Ike-est Ike. The strongest and slowest beast with a disjointed hitbox (sword).

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'll stick to my point that Ness, Capt Falcon, Ice Climbers, and Game and Watch will almost certainly not be cut because of that exact reason-- they are smash symbols. I would be very very surprised if any of those got cut. Lucas on the other hand was in 1 game, and doesn't mean anything, and will likely be cut.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Greninja is no Hawlucha, but still pretty awesome. Looks really fun to play.

Current roster prediction -

MARIO
Mario
Princess Peach
Bowser
Luigi
Rosalina & Luma

WARIO
(Wario)

YOSHI
Yoshi

POKEMON
Pikachu
Lucario
Charizard
Greninja
(Jigglypuff)

LEGEND OF ZELDA
Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Sheik
(Ganondorf)

DONKEY KONG
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

KIRBY
Kirby
(Metaknight)
King Dedede

FIRE EMBLEM
Marth
(Chrom)

STARFOX
Fox
(Falco)

METROID
Samus
Zero Suit Samus

FZERO
(Captain Falcon)

ANIMAL CROSSING
Villager

WII
Wii Fit Trainer

MEGAMAN
Megaman

SONIC
Sonic

PUNCH OUT!
Little Mac

PIKMIN
Captain Olimar

KID ICARUS
Pit
(Palutena)

NINTENDO HISTORY
(R.O.B.)
(Game & Watch)

ICE CLIMBERS
(Ice Climbers)

PACMAN
(Pacman)

XENOBLADE
(Shulk)

EARTHBOUND
(Ness OR Lucas)

29 Confirmed
10 Likely to Return (Wario, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Metaknight, Falco, Captain Falcon, R.O.B., Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, Ness OR Lucas)
4 Likely to Not Return (Wolf, Ike, Ness OR Lucas, Snake)
4 Likely Newcomers

So as of right now I see 43, but that's not a nice, pleasing number, so 45 maybe, although I can't see what more would be added. A third Fire Emblem and/or 6th Pokemon character? Snake somehow returns? A newcomer from something else?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Space T Rex posted:

He could be like the Ike-est Ike. The strongest and slowest beast with a disjointed hitbox (sword).

Actually I don't know if I want them to switch up Ganondorf, hes a lot of fun to play in melee especially with his aerials. I guess if they keep the satisfaction of thunder-powered thighs and back-airs that smack you across the map i'll be content. I haven't tried him in P:M yet but I hope he got the buff he deserved

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I'm very concerned that the Ice Climbers will be cut due to the 3DS's limitations. Handling as many as eight equally-complex 60fps fighters at once could not be possible.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm very concerned that the Ice Climbers will be cut due to the 3DS's limitations. Handling as many as eight equally-complex 60fps fighters at once could not be possible.

What if Popo is 60 fps and Nana is 30 fps?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Popo and Nana are synchronous (or very exactly asynchronous), that's the point. They'd be unplayable at different framerates.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I feel like there's basically no way they're gonna cut any characters that have been in every game. That would be a pretty weird decision and would make people mad for no reason.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

DoctorWhat posted:

Is Rosalina's Luma at 30 fps?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Lemming posted:

I feel like there's basically no way they're gonna cut any characters that have been in every game. That would be a pretty weird decision and would make people mad for no reason.

Well the original 12 are safe, I'm sure. But Melee folks are fair game.

bef posted:

Rosalina's Luma isn't literally Rosalina recolored. It's probably less than 1/10th as complex, visually or computationally.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

Popo and Nana are synchronous (or very exactly asynchronous), that's the point. They'd be unplayable at different framerates.

What if instead of 3d models they are just their 8 bit sprites, Game and Watch style?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

Rosalina basically functions just like the Ice Climbers already so whether that's a case for or against them is up in the air.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

DoctorWhat posted:

You know, much as people raise this concern, doesn't the fact Rosalina is in the game already beg the question somewhat?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

bef posted:

Or Zelda's new down-B. I guess those are special circumstances but I feel like they are things to take into consideration.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

Well the original 12 are safe, I'm sure. But Melee folks are fair game.

Right, Mewtwo proved that. It's just odd people are worried that Ness, Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff are going to get cut. Ice Climbers I could MAYBE see due to the 60fps issue, but I still seriously doubt it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

As I said above:

DoctorWhat posted:

Rosalina's Luma (or the Phantom) isn't literally Rosalina recolored. It's probably less than 1/10th as complex, visually or computationally.

I'm thinking Rosalina's gonna "fill" the two-character twin control "gimmick" of the Climbers. I'd be happy to be wrong but I'm not counting on them making it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The pikmin are probably each 1/4 as complex so if you have 4 Olimars each with their max 3 pikmin out and then they all simultaneously do their up B does that count as 8 characters?

• Locked thread