Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zuzie posted:

I'm pretty sure that your friend also has to have beaten the elite 4 in order to get the third Pokemon and have hidden abilities appear in their friend safari.

You can get Hidden Abilities before, just from the two that are unlocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD
I just want a Pokemon game that plays like Smash Bros., even though it'd be difficult to make... (maybe use only evolved pokemon?) There's hope for that unannounced fighting game thing they showed during X/Y's announcements.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Dude Solid Snake was amazing, what bizarro Smash were you playing?

I suck at heavy-type charcters so I was crazy bad at controlling his jumps.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Zore posted:

What other ninjas have Nintendo made.

I'm actually curious.

Kat and Ana from Wario Ware

Goemon from The Mystical Ninja

Others, probably.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

You're all competitive in here and I'm sitting here chuckling because I'm breeding for a gallade with a perfect attack iv and so I'm throwing all the female ralts away. My Kalos is a province of China.

Also the day care is really the worst place in the world. How do you have pokemon reproducing and have no idea where the eggs come from? Pokemon left there should lose one happiness for every experience they gain. It just seems like that kind of shady place.

The next game should feature protests against pokemon Mills and feature swarms made up of your breeding rejects. Maybe walk up on pokemon scavenging the corpses of all the level 1 kangaskans that litter the landscape like trash in Wall-E.

Every wild pokemon should have leftovers is what I'm getting at.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

TheSpiritFox posted:

You're all competitive in here and I'm sitting here chuckling because I'm breeding for a gallade with a perfect attack iv and so I'm throwing all the female ralts away. My Kalos is a province of China.

Also the day care is really the worst place in the world. How do you have pokemon reproducing and have no idea where the eggs come from? Pokemon left there should lose one happiness for every experience they gain. It just seems like that kind of shady place.

The next game should feature protests against pokemon Mills and feature swarms made up of your breeding rejects. Maybe walk up on pokemon scavenging the corpses of all the level 1 kangaskans that litter the landscape like trash in Wall-E.

I like to think the daycare workers know exactly where the eggs come from, but they don't want to tell anyone who isn't an adult that their precious Pokemon decided to make eggs together. :v:

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

ChaosArgate posted:

I like to think the daycare workers know exactly where the eggs come from, but they don't want to tell anyone who isn't an adult that their precious Pokemon decided to make eggs together. :v:

I like to think that poke balls are like pattern buffers from star trek and that after the pokemon apocalypse the surviving poke balls will lose charge until the safety systems engage all at once everywhere releasing angry fight trained monsters upon the remaining human populace.

I wanna see that pokemon movie. Live action. That guy from Scott pilgrim and Superbad can play Ash and get eaten by a feral pikachu.

TheSpiritFox fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 9, 2014

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
The Pokemon universe is a pretty strange place if you think about it too hard.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

TheSpiritFox posted:

I like to think that poke balls are like pattern buffers from star trek and that after the pokemon apocalypse the surviving poke balls will lose charge until the safety systems engage all at once everywhere releasing angry fight trained monsters upon the remaining human populace.

I remember a part of the mythology of Pokemon being that a Pokemon lets you catch them in the end. They're in the ball, and they decide to stop struggling, otherwise they get out.

So I'm tromping through tall grass, find some happy-go-lucky Litwick or whatever going about its business. I first kick it's rear end down to its last shred of consciousness, then start pelting it with cheap plastic balls until it decides to give up. Then I magically teleport that plastic ball it's stuck in into a computer.
Where it stays.

Forever.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Nth Doctor posted:

I remember a part of the mythology of Pokemon being that a Pokemon lets you catch them in the end. They're in the ball, and they decide to stop struggling, otherwise they get out.

So I'm tromping through tall grass, find some happy-go-lucky Litwick or whatever going about its business. I first kick it's rear end down to its last shred of consciousness, then start pelting it with cheap plastic balls until it decides to give up. Then I magically teleport that plastic ball it's stuck in into a computer.
Where it stays.

Forever.

That Litwick had friends and a family too! :ohdear:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ChaosArgate posted:

I like to think that they're sarcastic assholes who would tell that to anyone.

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

The White Dragon posted:

I like to think that they're sarcastic assholes who would tell that to anyone.
"I have no idea how it happened, but this egg MAAAGICALLY appeared with your Pokemon! They must really enjoy playing with each other! :rolleyes:"

Insert jazz hands as necessary.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Well, they're not going to reveal trade secrets.

avlein
Jun 13, 2011
Protags in Pokémon are 10 years old. Maybe the day care guys just didn't want to be the ones to tell the kids about the Talonflames and the Combees :v:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

This is relevant.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Look man, this poo poo's more complicated than you'd think.

Edit: beaten on the Awkward Zombie reference.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
The protagonists of Black/White and X/Y are teenagers.

Surely sex ed exists somewhere in this universe.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

LEGO Genetics posted:

The protagonists of Black/White and X/Y are teenagers.

Surely sex ed exists somewhere in this universe.

All Pokemon games actually take place in the southern United States.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

I am Reverend posted:

All Pokemon games actually take place in the southern United States.
Well, Orre is based on Arizona.:v: Wait, that doesn't work, there's no breeding in Colosseum or Gale of Darkness, and Wes is around 17 years old anyway.

And we do get sex education down here, it's just abstinence-only, or with a heavily abstinence-only push. That's why my high school had around 50 people (out of about 1000) who had already had a kid by graduation.:suicide:

Please don't derail the thread too much in response to this.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
So I've got like a week to burn and am starting up breeding shenanigans. I've got a 6 IV Scrafty from a helpful goon, and am going to get to work on making a PorygonZ. But I'm kinda at a loss for a wall to hang out with them. Maybe a Rhyperior or something?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Cloks posted:

Kat and Ana from Wario Ware

Goemon from The Mystical Ninja

Others, probably.

Goemon is a Konami property.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Cuchulain posted:

So I've got like a week to burn and am starting up breeding shenanigans. I've got a 6 IV Scrafty from a helpful goon, and am going to get to work on making a PorygonZ. But I'm kinda at a loss for a wall to hang out with them. Maybe a Rhyperior or something?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Rhyperior is a bad choice because his typing is terrible. Like, on that chart that was recently linked to, Rock/Ground is literally the third worst typing after ice/rock and the no-examples-yet bug/ice.

Why not try Skarmory? Roost to keep it alive, Steel Wing to shred the fairies that Scrafty's gonna run from... and whatever the hell else one puts on a Skarmory. Spikes if you're into it. Stealth Rock if it can learn it without a tutor (can't be arsed to check).

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

So I'm breeding flygon in hopes to get a shiny. I'm about 50 eggs into when I get a message from my friend who just happened to hatch one in his first batch of 5 eggs. And it has perfect IVs for his build.

What I'm saying is gently caress that guy.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

So are Diancie et al still happening? Never heard about what ended up happening with those guys.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Japan will most likely get Diancie around when its movie releases in July. The dubbed version should come a few months after, so expect one around October at least (based on Movie 16).

No Darkrai for you though, that's just silly.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Crosspeice posted:

Japan will most likely get Diancie around when its movie releases in July. The dubbed version should come a few months after, so expect one around October at least (based on Movie 16).

No Darkrai for you though, that's just silly.
Yep, then Volcanion (Fire/Water) and Hoopa (Ghost/Psychic:lol:) will likely be in the next movie or two. They haven't been officially revealed, but since Diancie was confirmed they and Mega-Latios/Latias are likely coming down the pipe as well.

Seriously Gamefreak why the gently caress are you still doing region exclusive events, there haven't even been that many events in Gen 6 yet. poo poo like that is why I don't feel bad using Pokecheck.

Wait, holy poo poo Hoopa is supposed to be Ghost/Psychic :lol: it's Aurorus all over again. Quad weakness to Ghost and Dark means it'll never see the light of day, and Pursuit is an absolute death sentence.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

fade5 posted:

Wait, holy poo poo Hoopa is supposed to be Ghost/Psychic :lol: it's Aurorus all over again. Quad weakness to Ghost and Dark means it'll never see the light of day, and Pursuit is an absolute death sentence.

It's also rumored to get some crazy-rear end ability that makes the opponent miss every other turn. Take that with a grain of salt, but if it's true, at least its bad typing will be balanced out somewhat.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Fiend Computer posted:

This is relevant.

Been looking for this exact comic all day.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

DizzyBum posted:

It's also rumored to get some crazy-rear end ability that makes the opponent miss every other turn. Take that with a grain of salt, but if it's true, at least its bad typing will be balanced out somewhat.

Can it learn protect? :psyduck:

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Nobody knows what ability ability Hoopa or Vocanion have but I'm pretty sure that no new abilities were found with the method that discovered Hoopa, Volcanion, Diancie and the Lati megastones so they will both have existing abilities. We do know Hoopa's stats (80/105/59/151/130/75) and that its signature move is Hyperspace Hole, an 80 Power Psychic attack with perfect accuracy that breaks Protect so it will probably see some use on Doubles Trick Room and Tailwind teams at least.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

DizzyBum posted:

Even if the ability rumor is false, if the stat spread is accurate it has a special attack/speed spread that makes Alakazam jealous. It's not falling past OU unless it's movepool is truly barren or it has some really awful ability because 155 special attack/125 speed would be too good as a life orb sweeper or something.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Kurieg posted:

Can it learn protect? :psyduck:
If that rumor's true, (it may not be) and Hoopa learns Protect, then it would be literally unkillable outside of Destiny Bond/Perish Song, Shadow Force, Pinsir's Feint (it's a Normal move otherwise), Mold Breaker attacks, weather damage, Ghost-type Curse, Future Sight/Doom Desire, or Roar/Whirlwind coupled with entry Hazards.

Wow, there's more that could kill it than I thought, but a lot of those are very situational or uncommon/narrowly distributed.

dude789 posted:

It's not falling past OU unless it's movepool is truly barren or it has some really awful ability because 155 special attack/125 speed would be too good as a life orb sweeper or something.

WrightOfWay posted:

Nobody knows what ability Hoopa or Vocanion have but I'm pretty sure that no new abilities were found with the method that discovered Hoopa, Volcanion, Diancie and the Lati megastones so they will both have existing abilities. We do know Hoopa's stats (80/105/59/151/130/75) and that its signature move is Hyperspace Hole, an 80 Power Psychic attack with perfect accuracy that breaks Protect so it will probably see some use on Doubles Trick Room and Tailwind teams at least.
Unless it's got that haxy ability to RU/NU it goes!

Seriously, what is it with Gamefreak trying to "balance" Pokemon by making them slow with a crappy Defense and/or Special Defense? All it does is kill any viability they have.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 10, 2014

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
You know, while we're on the whole "lol Nintendo doing region exclusive events" will we ever get Serperior with its hidden ability? You know, to actually make it useful?

RIP Shadow Tag Chandelure.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

LEGO Genetics posted:

You know, while we're on the whole "lol Nintendo doing region exclusive events" will we ever get Serperior with its hidden ability? You know, to actually make it useful?

RIP Shadow Tag Chandelure.

Infiltrator is so much better man. HP Ice can one shot Gliscor. Dude doesn't do poo poo to me anymore.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

PSWII60 posted:

Been looking for this exact comic all day.

I'm watching MST3K while I was reading the conversation about Pokemon eggs, and think that the advise the intro gives really applies here.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Travis343 posted:

Goemon is a Konami property.

So is Snake.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Blhue posted:

So is Snake.

Snake's not a ninja though. The question was about ninjas that were in Nintendo games, not who might be in Smash Bros I thought.

Since Megaman is in this one maybe they can get Shadowman from MM3 to appear.

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH

LEGO Genetics posted:

Maybe when Z comes out it will have more/different selections of Pokemon that can show up in Friend Safaris.

I think there used to be a Dream World mode on Showdown, where every Pokemon had its hidden ability, even if it wasn't released yet. I wonder if Serperior was any good in that mode, or if it was just overhyped like Electivire was in Gen 4.

E: vvvv If they bring back the same move tutors from the last generation, it can at least get Dragon Pulse. Leaf Storm/Dragon Pulse/HP Fire or Ground is probably the best it would be able to do. If it does get Contrary but not Dragon Pulse, I see Serperior winding up being similar to Lilligant. Lilligant can be a dangerous Pokemon with some boosts, but she can only do so much with just Petal Dance and Hidden Power. The advantage Serperior has is it gets its boosts while it's attacking, the downside is it doesn't have a Sleep move.

Complexcalibur fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 10, 2014

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Serperior's selection of moves is kind of completely poo poo. It would be okay if it got stuff like Venoshock, but it doesn't and its entire repertoire of special attacks is Grass Type poo poo only. Oh and also Round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

Serperior's selection of moves is kind of completely poo poo. It would be okay if it got stuff like Venoshock, but it doesn't and its entire repertoire of special attacks is Grass Type poo poo only. Oh and also Round.

Mega evolution for serperior: Become dragon type, keeps contrary, get draco meteor and leaf storm.

• Locked thread