Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Sometimes Awful shows the page count as something like 258/1 (instead of 258/259 or whatever) and nothing updates. I can't view any pages or refresh anything. I have to exit it and relaunch it from the shortcut.

It's happened about once a day for the past three days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Aleph Null posted:

Sometimes Awful shows the page count as something like 258/1 (instead of 258/259 or whatever) and nothing updates. I can't view any pages or refresh anything. I have to exit it and relaunch it from the shortcut.

I get this too, but going back to the bookmarks pane and then back into the thread fixes it.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Aleph Null posted:

Yeah, me too.

Does the bookmark/unbookmark work for anyone when using the drop down menu ij a thread? (long press in favorites works though)

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

spankmeister posted:

Running the latest G+ beta I haven't had any crashes yet. :)

I did find a bug, as the unbookmark button from the drop down in the thread view doesn't seem to do anything at all.

spankmeister posted:

Yeah, me too.

Does the bookmark/unbookmark work for anyone when using the drop down menu ij a thread? (long press in favorites works though)

Woops, I removed that by accident, working version here (going out in GP as well of course). Also fixed a few nav drawer bugs.

Sereri fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 3, 2014

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I just got the update for the G+ beta, and now I can't open from the bookmarks shortcut without a crash.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Guess who has no bookmarks shortcut on his homescreen :downs:

This should fix it.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
In the G+ beta, I have to use the system menu button to post a new reply. It's not very obvious. :/

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

In the Something app, are you taking/listing feature requests?

I'd like to request the ability to choose font size and to have it highlight posts (like Awful's highlighting of OPs posts, user posts, and when others quote the user) but other than that I like it. It's purdy.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

The Dark One posted:

In the G+ beta, I have to use the system menu button to post a new reply. It's not very obvious. :/
I'll make sure to mention it in the changelog.

FAUXTON posted:

In the Something app, are you taking/listing feature requests?

I'd like to request the ability to choose font size and to have it highlight posts (like Awful's highlighting of OPs posts, user posts, and when others quote the user) but other than that I like it. It's purdy.

Probably not taking/listing feature requests but if he does, it would be here

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

A couple things about the market version of Awful:
1. Immersive mode is amazing :coolfish:
2. I keep triggering menus when trying to swipe up or down to exit immersive mode. Can menus be suppressed if the result of the touch is exiting immersive mode?
3. I'm in a thread, and swipe up from the bottom to get access to the home button. This triggers the jump to page pop-up. I hit home to exit the app. I click the bookmarks shortcut to launch the app later and I get the bookmarks page properly, but the jump to page pop-up is on top of everything.
4. Bolding letters in the middle of words seems to have a space inserted when viewing in the app. On a browser, it looks as expected. Example: goldeen

Market Awful on stock unrooted Kit Kat Moto X.

Edit: and now there is no space. Wtf.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I keep getting a bug where I cannot click links in threads, including spoilers, without first minimizing the app and then reopening it. I don't know what triggers this and have been trying to figure it out but it's been pretty persistent.

There's also another one that happens less often; every now and then hitting next page the next page loads but doesn't show - the app sits at the bottom of the previous page. If I exit the thread and load a different thread, it shows the bottom of the page I was looking at when the error started. The only way I've found to fix this is to force close the app and start again.

SpookyTurtle
Jun 13, 2003

Top of the food chain, Ma!

Wizard of Smart posted:

I keep getting a bug where I cannot click links in threads, including spoilers, without first minimizing the app and then reopening it. I don't know what triggers this and have been trying to figure it out but it's been pretty persistent.

I get this fairly often, and it's my only serious gripe with Awful (which I prefer over desktop browser, so good work, devs).

Like WoS said, clickable elements just "go numb" and don't respond to touch. Links, photos, spoilers... pretty much any in-page element. Sometimes multiple taps eventually yield a success. Sometimes a link will flash to indicate that it registered a tap, but not do anything. I even tried with my stylus to verify accurate targeting - same result.

Meanwhile, all app buttons (menu, next page, etc.) continue to work fine.

Note 2, rooted, running stock 4.1.2 - happens on both wifi and carrier data.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

SpookyTurtle posted:

I get this fairly often, and it's my only serious gripe with Awful (which I prefer over desktop browser, so good work, devs).

Like WoS said, clickable elements just "go numb" and don't respond to touch. Links, photos, spoilers... pretty much any in-page element. Sometimes multiple taps eventually yield a success. Sometimes a link will flash to indicate that it registered a tap, but not do anything. I even tried with my stylus to verify accurate targeting - same result.

Meanwhile, all app buttons (menu, next page, etc.) continue to work fine.

Note 2, rooted, running stock 4.1.2 - happens on both wifi and carrier data.

This happens to me also, normally after I have been on the page for a while.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
So I changed my password last night and now I can't access the forums via the app. I log on as normal in the app, and even get the "GLUUUUEEEEE" prompt telling me it was successful, but when I actually get to the forums the list is blank and I get a pop-up telling me that I'm not logged on.

I already tried unistalling and reinstalling the app with no-joy. Any ideas?

Never mind. I cleared app data and it worked. It was probably trying to use my old login cookie.

ManMythLegend fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Apr 9, 2014

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

ManMythLegend posted:

So I changed my password last night and now I can't access the forums via the app. I log on as normal in the app, and even get the "GLUUUUEEEEE" prompt telling me it was successful, but when I actually get to the forums the list is blank and I get a pop-up telling me that I'm not logged on.

Never mind. I cleared app data and it worked. It was probably trying to use my old login cookie.

I was about to post that but tabbed out and forgot to actually post that. Good to hear it worked out.

Weird that it didn't clear the app data when you uninstalled it.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Bug that I came across: If you're put on probation but for some reason the probation is lifted before its expiry time / date, the app still thinks you're on probation, you still get the purple banner, and you can't post

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

regulargonzalez posted:

If you're put on probation but for some reason the probation is lifted before its expiry time / date, the app still thinks you're on probation, you still get the purple banner, and you can't post

Good :colbert:

I'll look into it

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

Sereri posted:

Good :colbert:

I'll look into it

Ah I didn't try the clear app data (b/c I don't remember my password), but can try that tonight.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

regulargonzalez posted:

Ah I didn't try the clear app data (b/c I don't remember my password), but can try that tonight.

Are you in the beta? I think I just fixed it and would post / submit a new beta apk.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Sereri posted:

Are you in the beta? I think I just fixed it and would post / submit a new beta apk.

I'm not, but can try it out and let you know tonight.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

regulargonzalez posted:

I'm not, but can try it out and let you know tonight.

Well try this when you get the chance

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Theparker posted:

This happens to me also, normally after I have been on the page for a while.

Ditto, but I can fix it by swiping back to bookmarks/forum view, then swiping back into the thread I was reading.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Sereri posted:

Well try this when you get the chance

I'm afraid my phone is still on probation

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Sereri posted:

I was about to post that but tabbed out and forgot to actually post that. Good to hear it worked out.

Weird that it didn't clear the app data when you uninstalled it.

This happened to me too, and this worked also. drat you, Heartbleed, trying to shitpost in GBS as me.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

ManMythLegend posted:

This is probably a stupid question but how do I do this? I'm having the same issue.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Go to the apps menu of your phone settings. Select Awful app and then either clear the cache or app data.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

If you log out, and then try to log in (I had to do this because of the p/w change) the app will just pretend you're logged out. you have to log out, close the app completely, restart it and then log in.

Obviously, it's a minor thing you'll stumble upon once a blue moon, but still thought it worthy of mention.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
I have a feature request. In image preferences you can chose to show Avatars or not. Would it be difficult for another option to chose to show Signatures or not? I'm seeing the giant ironic ones more frequently.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Merkinman posted:

I have a feature request. In image preferences you can chose to show Avatars or not. Would it be difficult for another option to chose to show Signatures or not? I'm seeing the giant ironic ones more frequently.

You can control that on the website in User Control Panel, Edit Options, it's about halfway down the page.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

The Merkinman posted:

This is already in the beta :)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Oh hey I had this happen

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3557955&pagenumber=141&perpage=40#post428340244

And was told y'all might want to hear about it ( you don't get properly notified if you send a pm and the recipient's box is full)

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Captain Foo posted:

Oh hey I had this happen

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3557955&pagenumber=141&perpage=40#post428340244

And was told y'all might want to hear about it ( you don't get properly notified if you send a pm and the recipient's box is full)

Interesting. Problem is that (unless I'm mistaken) there is no indication how many pms are in your folders. Do you have a special message in yours?

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sereri posted:

Interesting. Problem is that (unless I'm mistaken) there is no indication how many pms are in your folders. Do you have a special message in yours?
I think it's the other way around. If you send a PM and the recipient's inbox is full, you get a message to tell you that instead of the "PM sent" screen.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Tunga posted:

I think it's the other way around. If you send a PM and the recipient's inbox is full, you get a message to tell you that instead of the "PM sent" screen.

Ah I misunderstood. Makes sense in a terrible 2003 vBulletin kind of way.

Seems fixable but I'd need the source code of a page telling you that someones PM box is full.

corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer
I am having an issue logging in. I changed my SA password and relogged on my Nexus 5 it appears to log in but then when I refresh bookmarks or try to access anything it tells me I am not logged in. I don't see anyone else asking about this, so am I just dumb or is there an issue?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

corillon posted:

I am having an issue logging in. I changed my SA password and relogged on my Nexus 5 it appears to log in but then when I refresh bookmarks or try to access anything it tells me I am not logged in. I don't see anyone else asking about this, so am I just dumb or is there an issue?

You need to delete the app data for the time being. I fixed the bug a few days ago but it's kinda hacky so I wanna see if there are any side effects before pushing it out.

corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer

Sereri posted:

You need to delete the app data for the time being. I fixed the bug a few days ago but it's kinda hacky so I wanna see if there are any side effects before pushing it out.

Excellent, that worked. Posting from my phone just because I can again.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

I think the app has an issue with passwords using accented letters, in my case "à": it results in a "Login failed!" error no matter what. After changing my password to have "a" instead of "à" (but otherwise identical), I can login correctly again; it's still a bug in need of fixing though.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

NihilCredo posted:

I think the app has an issue with passwords using accented letters, in my case "à": it results in a "Login failed!" error no matter what. After changing my password to have "a" instead of "à" (but otherwise identical), I can login correctly again; it's still a bug in need of fixing though.

This might be already fixed if you're in the beta. Guess I need to do a public 3.0.9 before 3.1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Is this also fixed?