Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

who is this dorkus sweetie?

Martello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

rip

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
his bat CSM found out about his SA account and told his bat commander and he got in trouble so he rarely posts here anymore

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Cole posted:

his bat CSM found out about his SA account and told his bat commander and he got in trouble so he rarely posts here anymore

rip in piss sir

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Cole posted:

lol

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
if that's true then lol
can't have your men knowing you're a goon

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
And you cynical bastards say E9s have no function. I thought he denied getting outed, though. Not that posting your fabulous man-mane here isn't asking for it.

e: Didn't he originally register with his real last name?

Whipped Buttcheeks fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Apr 9, 2014

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I still see him post, just not in GiP. Don't blame him, with all the pigs in power around these parts. :mrapig:

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
lmao I bet they found out after he made fun of that memorandom

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Cole posted:

hey martello's batt csm if ur reading this you're a human being tattle tell shitler

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Goddamn it, I have a image of a letter of reprimand with the reason "posted Goatse" as the header.

Also, which of you jerks is Daniel Ken?

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Cole posted:

That's not actually the case you silly bastard. I actually just got kinda bored of keeping up with all the threads. This one and the dogs and food are the only two I still subscribe to.

My CSM did get mad about my haircut memo but my BC didn't care and it's still up on the board. I finally got yelled at by the new brigade commander for my long hair yesterday though.

And Signaleer no this is not my real last name and this is the only username I have ever had.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Martello posted:

That's not actually the case you silly bastard.

Maybe not but it's funnier if that's what everyone believes.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

Martello posted:

And Signaleer no this is not my real last name and this is the only username I have ever had.

There was some officer who did and then made a bunch of unironic seriousposts before someone convinced him to rename himself. My memory is turning to poo poo as I get older.

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
It's been 6 years since I've worn a goddamn dress uniform, and I'm being forced to go to a dining out. My old shoes are hosed, and I'm not going to pay $100 for the lovely army recommended ones. I'd rather buy a decent pair of Allen Edmonds (or similar) that I can wear more than once a year.

670-1 states (a) The shoes are made from an approved specification or pattern or from a similar commercial design and are made of leather, poromeric, or patent leather. The shoe is dress tie-oxford style, with at least three eyelets, and a closed toe and heel. The shoe is plain, with no design in the shoe material.

Does that include stitching on the toe? Is a Park Avenue acceptable, or do I have to go retard-plain?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ryan_woody posted:

It's been 6 years since I've worn a goddamn dress uniform, and I'm being forced to go to a dining out. My old shoes are hosed, and I'm not going to pay $100 for the lovely army recommended ones. I'd rather buy a decent pair of Allen Edmonds (or similar) that I can wear more than once a year.

670-1 states (a) The shoes are made from an approved specification or pattern or from a similar commercial design and are made of leather, poromeric, or patent leather. The shoe is dress tie-oxford style, with at least three eyelets, and a closed toe and heel. The shoe is plain, with no design in the shoe material.

Does that include stitching on the toe? Is a Park Avenue acceptable, or do I have to go retard-plain?

Dress Unifroms: If the word "retard" is involved in the description, it's probably the right choice

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Is anyone going to give a gently caress either way? Of all of the things that can be jacked up on a dress uniform I've never seen a dude called out on his shoes, I mean the worse thing that can happen is someone says something about them and you lie and tell them you'll get a different pair.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

ryan_woody posted:

Unless your unit is extra retarded so long as they aren't scuffed or blue or something you'll be ok. If they say something just promise to replace them.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

gently caress that, ask them why the shoes are wrong and have them read that section of 670-1 verbatim outloud to your face and then give them an incredulous shrugging look

once I got a Generation Kill-esque asschewing for growing a mustache at JRTC even though I meticulously groomed it so it would be 100% in-regs. Some people just hate fun. I pretended not to know what the fart sergeant was talking about when he said "are you loving with me? you have a problem with authority don't you?" even though I instantly knew he was talking about my upper lip. When it comes to 670-1, even when you're right, you're wrong.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 9, 2014

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
I had someone give me poo poo about my glasses one time. They were just regular glasses, but he tried saying they were not authorized because they were "faddish". I just decided to act really incredulous and accused him of calling my glasses "faggish". It worked and it took all the wind out of his sails and had him back pedaling like crazy.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
No haircut for six weeks. Can't remember the last time I was clean shaven. I ran today for the first time in a long time because, sadly, this is going to end soon. On the other hand, I do like money. Anyone have any suggestions for poo poo to see and do in the DC/VA/MD area?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Signaleer posted:

No haircut for six weeks. Can't remember the last time I was clean shaven. I ran today for the first time in a long time because, sadly, this is going to end soon. On the other hand, I do like money. Anyone have any suggestions for poo poo to see and do in the DC/VA/MD area?

Air and Space Museum is dope

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Delizin posted:

I had someone give me poo poo about my glasses one time. They were just regular glasses, but he tried saying they were not authorized because they were "faddish". I just decided to act really incredulous and accused him of calling my glasses "faggish". It worked and it took all the wind out of his sails and had him back pedaling like crazy.

The word faddish means whatever the biggest dickhead in charge wants it to.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Gotta love getting PCS orders changed 3 weeks before leaving. The Army is now sending me to Italy Fort Drum. Thanks, Army.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Signaleer posted:

Visit the NSA museum.
Tour civil war sites.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

Aranan posted:

Gotta love getting PCS orders changed 3 weeks before leaving. The Army is now sending me to Italy Fort Drum. Thanks, Army.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Sorry you got so boned, dude.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I hear all sorts of horror stories about it, but the place can't be that bad. Anyone know cool stuff to do in the area?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It's Cherry Blossom season right now in DC, so you can pack into a metro car with a bunch of fat midwesterners and tour Arlington National Cemetery.

I recommend going up to Annapolis since it isn't tourist season there yet.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Cole posted:

hahaha whoops

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Defleshed posted:

hahaha whoops

I refuse to believe this. No CSM knows how to use a computer.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Martello posted:

That's not actually the case you silly bastard. I actually just got kinda bored of keeping up with all the threads. This one and the dogs and food are the only two I still subscribe to.

My CSM did get mad about my haircut memo but my BC didn't care and it's still up on the board. I finally got yelled at by the new brigade commander for my long hair yesterday though.

psydude posted:

I refuse to believe this. No CSM knows how to use a computer.

Defleshed posted:

hahaha whoops

It's on the same page you twats.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Geirskogul posted:

reading is for faggots

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Geirskogul posted:

I skim sue me.. totally excusable considering the amount of pointless retarded bullshit in this forum

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

reading is for faggots

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I loving love it OP.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

I know. I just wanted to make another CSM joke.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Aranan posted:

That's a king size army boning if ever I've seen one.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Aranan posted:

Upstate New York is not that baahahahahahahaha holy gently caress, I'm sorry, that sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

psydude posted:

It's Cherry Blossom season right now in DC, so you can pack into a metro car with a bunch of fat midwesterners and tour Arlington National Cemetery.

I recommend going up to Annapolis since it isn't tourist season there yet.

My wife really wants to go see the blossoms, so I'll be joining the packs of fat tourists in DC this weekend.

We're taking the metro in from the Greenbelt station to the northish of town to avoid the parking/driving nightmare. Do you have any recommendations to make it not miserable (besides the obvious one)?

• Locked thread