Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kass will continue to play her game which is ultimately not winning Survivor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

I think they kind of wasted an opportunity there - pretty easy chance to get rid of Tasha who is a much better player. Then again, they're up 6-3 (or 5-4 if Kass does something dumb again) and can start splitting votes so whatever

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Unmerciful posted:

There's no way Kass is flipping back - she's not picking rocks. It has to be Morgan
Yeah I thought Spencer was supposed to hint he had the idol so rocks wouldn't be involved. Maybe he didn't get a good read from her. Still though, this was a good time to take a risk. He said himself he'd rather turn the game than be safe another tribal.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

This puts Spencer's idol in a tough position next week because it's 6 v 3 and a vote split is effective.

Toaster Ding
Apr 30, 2006

Kass will flip as soon as she's no longer the belle of ball with her new group. She's getting loads of attention and praise heaped on her right to keep her loyal and she's already shown that that is literally worth more than a million dollars to her.

It can't last forever though and so the next tantrum, sorry "ambush", is around the corner

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Ugh, sorry to see you go Morgan, but I like watching you leave. /sexist
Keep it in yer pants Trace Adkins.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

No way does any of the Tony 5 will do anything until its just them left. It's not gonna be great tv :\.

Edit: Preview contradicting me proves my point

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah I thought Spencer was supposed to hint he had the idol so rocks wouldn't be involved. Maybe he didn't get a good read from her. Still though, this was a good time to take a risk. He said himself he'd rather turn the game than be safe another tribal.

If I were him I sure as hell wouldn't tell Kass that. I'd keep that in my pocket for now too.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

We're all proud of you Morgan.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Woo with the stick figures! The best just keep getting better. :allears:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Robnoxious posted:

Keep it in yer pants Trace Adkins.

Haha, is it better that I'd rather see her walking towards me?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Yeah we may hit a lull of a few episodes. Hopefully they'll just assign a camera crew to follow Woo and Tony around and make a buddy cop sitcom to pass the time until all of the minority alliance is dead

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

We're all proud of you Morgan.
Haha that exit speech was pretty pathetic

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

blue squares posted:

Hopefully they'll just assign a camera crew to follow Woo and Tony around and make a buddy cop sitcom

I would cancel any and all plans to watch this

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Haha, is it better that I'd rather see her walking towards me?
That would show she has interest and magnetism toward you, yes. ;)

edit to add: Unless it was slick editing, I think the fact no HII was produced tonight telegraphs the idea to everyone left in the game that Spence has an idol in pocket.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 10, 2014

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'm afraid some of the boots so far have been telegraphed by the previously voted out contestants. Like, Brice said he actually loved Alexis, ends up she got voted out before the merge like he did. Sarah said her best friend from the season might be Morgan, and look at that. She named a couple other people too but I guess I won't repeat those names because :tinfoil:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Another reason I stay away from all exit interviews and cast twitter accounts. Thank you for waiting until after it happened before posting that. Whenever people come in here and post things like that, along with their prediction, I always want to say, "motherfucker, is looking so smart and clever to internet stranger really so important that you just had to post that?"

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Next week: :derp:

Really every week after a point is :derp:

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother
Highlight of this episode for me was easily the furniture store commercial that started off by asking "Does you mattress just lie there?!?"

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Robnoxious posted:

That would show she has interest and magnetism toward you, yes. ;)

edit to add: Unless it was slick editing, I think the fact no HII was produced tonight telegraphs the idea to everyone left in the game that Spence has an idol in pocket.

Honestly, I'd rather have Jefra walking towards me. Morgan really doesn't do much for me, but I just couldn't resist the cheap sexist comment. ;) Hopefully, it's clear that it's a joke.

Also, I can't really say that I'm sorry to see her get voted out, except for the fact that it makes it probably makes it a bit harder for Spencer. I am honestly surprised by Spencer because I really thought I'd hate him when reading the bios before the season.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Honestly, I'd rather have Jefra walking towards me. Morgan really doesn't do much for me, but I just couldn't resist the cheap sexist comment. ;) Hopefully, it's clear that it's a joke.
Of course, duder. Morgan is way WAY up herself and will make some man a great trophy wife for a year or so when he gets sick of her poo poo and finds someone else with an ounce of substance instead of purely superficial nonsense.

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

Robnoxious posted:

Of course, duder. Morgan is way WAY up herself and will make some man a great trophy wife for a year or so when he gets sick of her poo poo and finds someone else with an ounce of substance instead of purely superficial nonsense.

She's a 21 year old ex-NFL-cheerleader. That should explain it all. Nobody is an ex anything at 21.

From what I know being an NFL cheerleader is hard. I know/occasionally work with an on again-off again NFL cheerleader in her late 30's with kids who fills in occasionally for my local NFL team. She helps us on sports/fitness shoots and can carry hilarious amounts of gear, almost as much as I can, for a woman who is less than half my weight and a full foot shorter. She's 50 pounds of tough in a 10 pound bag. She does have two good knees though.

Point being that Morgan is none of this.

Recursive fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Apr 10, 2014

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Robnoxious posted:

lol this is the worst post. nobody marries a girl like Morgan only to suddenly wake up one day and have an epiphany about her terribleness. that's not how it works.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Recursive posted:

She's a 21 year old ex-NFL-cheerleader. That should explain it all. Nobody is an ex anything at 21.

From what I know being an NFL cheerleader is hard. I know/occasionally work with an on again-off again NFL cheerleader in her late 30's with kids who fills in occasionally for my local NFL team. She helps us on sports/fitness shoots and can carry hilarious amounts of gear, almost as much as I can, for a woman who is less than half my weight and a full foot shorter. She's 50 pounds of tough in a 10 pound bag. She does have two good knees though.

Point being that Morgan is none of this.

It's a fuckload of work for like $70 a game. She's probably an ex whatever because she can make a lot more money being some dude's arm candy than being an NFL cheerleader.

If anything, I credit Morgan for pretty much being as self aware as she can be.

Also, I think the entire next episode is misdirection and Kass is finally going home because they don't need her to have numbers.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Apr 10, 2014

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I just want to say Woo is the best dude, and just throwing Spencer's pants and sprinting away with the clue was the hardest I've laughed in a while.

He even managed to throw in some killer product integration. "I know when there's a reward like the OUTBACK SHACK™, they usually hide a clue..."

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I would let Morgan live in my 4 bedroom bachelor pad regardless of her cheer-leading skills.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

gently caress Spencer

This ^^
I also really feel like we're being set up for him to win the drat thing.

I really wish they wouldn't make it so completely obvious who gets eliminated next at the start of a given episode. Morgan is randomly in last week's preview. This week, she also gets a few confessionals about nothing that's necessary to the game at hand (her and Spencer were the only ones that had a confessional about their reward for example), whereas in previous weeks, she's pretty much invisible.

Combine that with Sarah saying in her exit interview that Morgan was probably her best friend in the game, and well yeah.

Edit: I'm finding it hilarious that Jefra was the one who cast her vote for "Queen Morgan" at TC. She seems like she might have an actual personality, too bad the editors don't let us see it.

ColdBlooded fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 10, 2014

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Pretty good episode for what was a meaningless boot.

Glad to see Spencer get an idol, he's sharp enough to actually do a little damage and maybe stave off the annointing of King LJ. Holding it was the right move, Tony is too unstable for that alliance to hold together for long. Really he needs to make it through maybe two more tribals before Tony and LJ start butting heads for real. (I don't buy the preview one bit) He kind of went off the rails there with the angry outbursts at the start, but I can't say I'd handle it a whole lot better. Good on him for getting his head back in the game, trying to make nice with Kass and not overplaying his idol.

Kass is one of the most worthless people we've ever seen on the show. She's Lil/Chet-tier at this point. Her only prayer, desperate and remote as it would be, was to try and pull off a Cesternino-like swinging between sides for four weeks longer than he did then hope she has the most amazing jury speech of all time. Instead she handed Tony and LJ enough numbers to no longer need her. Brilliant.

I forget who posted it above but it was a spot on observation that Tony has the same love of the game Russell Hantz did. Rain or shine, no matter how miserable, I always liked that Russell loved every moment on Survivor. I ate up that whole "let it rain, it only makes me stronger as they get weaker" speech. Tony seems to be the same, genuinely enjoying every second of the experience and fighting to wring every last drop he can out of it. He's overplaying like hell, but it's a lot of fun to watch.

Wren610
Oct 25, 2010
Well it basically went down exactly like I figured, however Woo being awesome with ninja and sonic references made up for the predictable safe boot. Someone over at sucks basically summed up Kass if she's in a flip position she will always vote out who she likes the least regardless of strategy. Hopefully the pagong will stop next week but im not holding my breathe majority's love pagongs.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I doubt the Pagong is going to stop. The Strong 5 have been together since the beginning, I don't see any of them flipping until it's just them. The only person of the 5 that MIGHT flip would be Tony and maybe Woo. Otherwise they are riding it to 5.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
I still don't see what Chaos Kass' long term game is. Even with the preview hinting at cannibalism, you're still the low man on that powerhouse totem pole.

The window of being able to jumping back with your old alliance closes up after you don't go their way in two tribals

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Kass's goal doesn't seem to be winning so much as making other people lose.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Mercaptopropyl posted:

lol this is the worst post. nobody marries a girl like Morgan only to suddenly wake up one day and have an epiphany about her terribleness. that's not how it works.
I truly am the worst.
Jesus, I was just lad bantering with TMMadman.

Does any goon here think Morgan will see anyone beyond the superficial? I sure as gently caress don't.

If yer ugly and you know it ... lose a vote ** clap clap**

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

sportsgenius86 posted:

Also, I think the entire next episode is misdirection and Kass is finally going home because they don't need her to have numbers.

I can easily see this happening.

Everyone assumes Spencer has the idol, but they don't know if he will play it on himself or Tasha. They could split the vote 3-3 on Spencer and Tasha, but that assumes that Cass will actually vote the way she's supposed to, and I doubt they trust her. So the easy vote is just voting out Cass, under the assumption that the idol gets used up at the same time.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

As soon as Kass flipped, I knew that at best she had 2 votes assuming they voted out a Spencer alliance person. I don't know what she was thinking long term, but I don't think it is going to work.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Robnoxious posted:

I truly am the worst.
Jesus, I was just lad bantering with TMMadman.

Does any goon here think Morgan will see anyone beyond the superficial? I sure as gently caress don't.

If yer ugly and you know it ... lose a vote ** clap clap**

Haha, I knew you were just bantering around, but I had to double check because there are some people around these boards that get upset at the drop of a hat.

Also, even though the preview is probably misdirection, I wouldn't be surprised if was true. Woo isn't that dumb and I can easily see him jumping ship on Tony early. With Chaos Kass in the mix, 9 people would be the best time to mix it up. We know that Spencer, Tasha, and Jeremiah are gunning for Tony (or anyone in that group), so if Woo approached them and said he'd be willing to vote with them, Kass might go along with it, especially if she thinks they might vote her out.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Tony start wanting to cannibalize his group of the stronger players at this point because he IS definitely playing the game. Plus he has that cop paranoia.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

KKKLIP ART posted:

As soon as Kass flipped, I knew that at best she had 2 votes assuming they voted out a Spencer alliance person. I don't know what she was thinking long term, but I don't think it is going to work.

The worst is that she STRAIGHT UP TOLD THAT to Tony. Like, does she really think that he didn't hear and process that she said that she "hopes" they can stick together for "two more votes"? #chaoskass

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

BGrifter posted:

Her only prayer, desperate and remote as it would be, was to try and pull off a Cesternino-like swinging between sides for four weeks longer than he did then hope she has the most amazing jury speech of all time. Instead she handed Tony and LJ enough numbers to no longer need her. Brilliant.
The best part is she's going around saying she's not in their alliance. So they really have... there's no reason to keep her

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Chaos Kass is the best thing to ever happen to the game of Survivor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

Chaos Kass is the best thing to ever happen to the game of Survivor.

That is a funny way of spelling Russell Hantz while on his first season playing.

• Locked thread