Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

If evil Morty is so smart, maybe he's not a suitable Rick partner and thus bitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Unmature posted:

You're the guy who s-- who says, like. Like when someone asks you if...

Look, gently caress you.

gently caress you? No no no no no. gently caress ME!

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Rated PG-34 posted:

If evil Morty is so smart, maybe he's not a suitable Rick partner and thus bitter.

Evil-Morty's hatred of Ricks is small compared to his contempt and loathing of other Mortys.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The Red Queen posted:

I wonder if having Rick around is beneficial to Jerry simply because Rick's level of intellect puts Jerry so much closer to everyone else on the bell curve than he would be otherwise.

When Rick's not around Jerry is a badass with a shotgun, or hes a famous hollywood actor. Rick constantly ruining Jerry's self-esteem is probably bad for him.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Terror Sweat posted:

When Rick's not around Jerry is a badass with a shotgun, or hes a famous hollywood actor. Rick constantly ruining Jerry's self-esteem is probably bad for him.

I'm sure his wife does that, too. Let's be honest, Beth and the kids take after grandpa. :v:

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

Stormy the Rabbit posted:

It's the person he was quoting's username.

Doesn't make sense in the context of the Ricks though as he should be using his own username, not the person he was reply to. :smuggo:

Doesn't really matter though. :)

I really liked this episode, I'd say one of their best. I had a few friends watch the first ten minutes with me, they hadn't seen it before and I think of all of them are now going to give it a go.

I saw some members of the Council of Ricks at the party in the preview; so Rick must be ok with some of them.

HppyCmpr fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 10, 2014

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I liked how Morty's asking what happens when a Morty gets cocky gets answered by "I'll tell you when you're older, Morty." Between this and growing up next to his own grave, he's being put on a pretty great path towards turning into Rick at some point.

I can't tell whether they're consciously moving towards that endpoint, or if they're just leaving it open to gently caress with everyone. Either way, I'm happy.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

HppyCmpr posted:

Doesn't make sense in the context of the Ricks though as he should be using his own username, not the person he was reply to. :smuggo:

That's Pickdickulous

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
If anything, I think this episode severely reduced the likelyhood that Rick and Morty are a walking grandfather paradox...

I do really like the idea that doofus Rick is the natural pairing of the Evil Genius Morty.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I'm sure his wife does that, too. Let's be honest, Beth and the kids take after grandpa. :v:

Nah, from what we've seen his kids treat him with respect. Not because he necessarily does anything to earn their respect (so far he's been a pretty crappy dad) they're just decent people and I doubt they'd take any pleasure in kicking a man when he's down. Summer and Morty are both more mature and considerate than their parents/grandfather; which isn't really a hard bar to clear, but still.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

This may be wishful thinking, but I'm increasingly thinking it's likely the next episode, the season finale, will be a stealth part 2 to the last episode, Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind. Going by Wikipedia, both these episodes share the same writer and director, and that's something no other pair of episodes this season does. The production numbers are not in order (they're 106 and 110), but a stealth part 2 doesn't have to come directly after part 1, only at some point after it, and a season finale with the highest production number is supposed to come after everything else. In fact, this last episode might have been moved up to before the finale because it's connected to it. Finally, the show didn't get renewed for a second season until this year, or at least it wasn't announced till then, so it's conceivable the finale was scripted or at least planned before a second season was assured; if you had put out all the (great) stuff that was in Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind without being resolved or answered, especially Eyepatch Morty, would you have passed up what could have been your last chance to use it? If there's one salient feature of the first Rick and Morty season, it's that a lot of A1 material went into it instead of being held back for future seasons. I'd say that strategy worked spectacularly and that that in turn is why there's going to be that second season that's not guaranteed during first season planning. Anyway, the stealth part 2 might not directly continue every element of the prior episode the way one might with an episode ending on "To Be Continued," but I bet it's more likely than not we'll see Eyepatch Morty next episode, though probably not with an eyepatch on all the time. If other Ricks are coming to the season finale party (they are), then maybe other Morties are coming too.

OK, this is a weird thing for me to say: I don't think the Citadel looks like the Mass Effect Citadel overall--outside counts most for me--but the part of that Citadel it does look like is the Wards, not the Presidium, at least at the point it's looking most like the other Citadel. I mean the point where Rick and Morty (our Rick, our Morty) jump out and down to the portal they jump through and you see all the freestanding buildings below inside the station there; it's like the Wards, especially as seen in a bit or two of the ME3 DLC named, appropriately enough, Citadel.

AxeManiac posted:

This is why the show owns, when they can, they make the answer something that's funny. But it does have a great deal of logic and thought, just maybe not too much care between episodes, other than comedy call backs. It keeps straight what it has to and literally hand waves away anything it doesn't want to explain. They go out of their way to make jokes about that stuff, like Rick saying "Wow, sure was lucky we found that store that had lab coats and children's shirts in our exact styles" and even Morty, the supreme idiot of all universes is like "Yeah, yeah, whatever, who cares".

What makes that funny/funnier and maybe nuanced is that it would have easier and maybe more obvious to explain it as them using spare street-clothes outfits stored in the Rick-police vehicle, which is presumably always crewed by Ricks and Morties. Er, Ricks and Morties that seem to usually come in the standard sizes.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I mean in this case, literally everyone who goes to that station is a Rick or a Morty, so it would actually be incredibly bizarre if there weren't a store selling exactly what they needed...

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
When Evil Rick turned out to be a robot, but before the Evil Morty reveal, I totally expected Doofus Rick to be the one behind it.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Pakled posted:

When Evil Rick turned out to be a robot, but before the Evil Morty reveal, I totally expected Doofus Rick to be the one behind it.

Seems to me it was an intentional fakeout given that:

- At least one popular horror movie features the 'hapless idiot' turning out to be the master criminal, so it's in popular culture.
- They showed Doofus Rick immediately before the scene, to remind the audience of his existence.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Pakled posted:

He wasn't really a robot, he was a Rick who was being controlled by Evil Morty who had stuck a bunch of wires and crap into his head and turned him into a puppet.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Gorilla Salad posted:

He wasn't really a robot, he was a Rick who was being controlled by Evil Morty who had stuck a bunch of wires and crap into his head and turned him into a puppet.

Funny enough, evil Rick isn't a robot, but there is actually a Robot Rick & Robot Morty pair on the citadel. Great designs too.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Snak posted:

Yeah, I mean in this case, literally everyone who goes to that station is a Rick or a Morty, so it would actually be incredibly bizarre if there weren't a store selling exactly what they needed...

Oh, I thought he meant in the chair world, like they just found a place in the chair world. Hmmn, gotta watch that episode again.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Was it puppet-Rick was telling the Morty's to kill him or was that eyepatch-Morty?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Meeseeks related question.

Why can't a find a Meeseeks T-shirt? It's killing me right now.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

My only disappointment with this episode is that we didn't get to see Chairworld-Rick. There must have been a Chairworld-Rick, right?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hmm. I might draw something similar to this before Monday and throw it up at TeeFury or QWERTEE. See what they think about it. Last Rick shirt didn't do well at all, so maybe second times a charm?

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

CelticPredator posted:

Hmm. I might draw something similar to this before Monday and throw it up at TeeFury or QWERTEE. See what they think about it. Last Rick shirt didn't do well at all, so maybe second times a charm?

As long as it says RICKITY Wrecked

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
We also can't take Evil Rick's word that Rick C137 is slightly less evil than him because it's entirely possible that the whole speech was a ruse by Eyepatch Morty.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
I just noticed that the hammer-people (and I assume hammer-Morty) come from the giant's staircase in the Meeseeks episode!

Puppet-Rick is a better moniker for "Robo-Rick", I just enjoy alliteration. But the fact that he was having his strings pulled by Evil Morty is made very clear.

Have we now seen everything in the intro except for pregnant Jerry and flying Cthulhu?

AlouetteNR
Jun 6, 2011
I loved how in the brain-scan sequence of Rick's memories, one of the scenes is of 5 Morty's attached to jumper cables, directly after telling Morty "I wouldn't actually do it, jeez". Rick's such an rear end in a top hat.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Could have just been his thoughts.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Have we now seen everything in the intro except for pregnant Jerry and flying Cthulhu?

That Cthulhu scene also had a baby Cthulhu. I wonder if pregnant Jerry and newborn Cthulhu might be related ....

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Now I have this image of Jerry cluelessly stumbling into some occult/interdimensional ritual and being impregnated by Cthulhu without even realizing. The episode would obviously be called "Ricks-mary's Baby"

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Snak posted:

Now I have this image of Jerry cluelessly stumbling into some occult/interdimensional ritual and being impregnated by Cthulhu without even realizing. The episode would obviously be called "Ricks-mary's Baby"

Oh really funny stuff, Snak. How long did it take you to perfect that (burrrppp) gem?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

ShaqDiesel posted:

Oh really funny stuff, Snak. How long did it take you to perfect that (burrrppp) gem?

You said that EXACT THING, EQUALLY SARCASTICALLY at our wedding, and look how that turned out...

:downs:...

:smith:

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
I just has the idea that Doofus Rick is from the same dimension that that movie about a guy eating poo poo we saw in Rixty Minutes was from.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if Doofus Rick and Evil Morty are related. Maybe Doofis Rick did some sort of accidental mind switch or brain transfusion with his Morty, giving Evil Morty the brains and know how to remote control a different Rick. It would also explain how dumb doofus Rick is and how attached he is to Jerry.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Metropolis posted:

I just has the idea that Doofus Rick is from the same dimension that that movie about a guy eating poo poo we saw in Rixty Minutes was from.

Wasn't he from a dimension where everyone eats poo poo? In the TV show everybody else was freaking out about the guy eating it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

novamute posted:

Wasn't he from a dimension where everyone eats poo poo? In the TV show everybody else was freaking out about the guy eating it.

A court ordered him to stop eating poo poo.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

MariusLecter posted:

I hope we get to find out, one day, if he ever got back to his bowl of poo poo.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

That was a death sentence.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Also, every ten seconds it stabs your balls.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That Cthulhu scene also had a baby Cthulhu. I wonder if pregnant Jerry and newborn Cthulhu might be related ....

This is what I've been assuming/hoping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
Maybe the guy who eats poo poo comes from the dimension that doofus rick is from?!?! Wow waa wii waa!

• Locked thread