Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Does all these reveals mean that revoke existence is pretty much maindeckable at this point? It was already a good sideboard card, I ran it and wear/tear both in my burn sideboard. I feel like I can expect to see at least iroas and kruphix in the first few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

A big flaming stink posted:

just play clan defiance man

If I wanted to play something arguably viable instead of something hilarious that would make a lot of sense, but casting a massive Clan Defiance is not really funny or stupid.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Fine, fine.

Play Biomass Mutation :getin:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

While I was looking for UG X spells to channel all that Kruphix mana into I found this thing. I love looking at old cards where they had an idea they really wanted to do and if that involves 10 lines of rules text, so be it!

Also it's casual as gently caress but casting Increasing Confusion for 0 so you can cast it from your graveyard would be pretty great.

e: Astral Cornucopia :getin:

vOv fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 10, 2014

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

A big flaming stink posted:

hey I'm a spike and i think this card can make bant control act like its last year's standard.

Yes, it's cute with Aetherling and Sphinx's Revelation and may open other possibilities for win conditions.

rabidsquid posted:

If I wanted to play something arguably viable instead of something hilarious that would make a lot of sense, but casting a massive Clan Defiance is not really funny or stupid.

Use Feral Animist instead!

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
To hell with Biomass Mutation and Rakdos' Return, use Mind Grind.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

vOv posted:

While I was looking for UG X spells to channel all that Kruphix mana into I found this thing. I love looking at old cards where they had an idea they really wanted to do and if that involves 10 lines of rules text, so be it!

My favorite example:

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Slotting some number (probably just 1) of the UG god into Bant control seems sweet just for the absolutely broken Sphinx's Revelations you can unleash once in a blue moon (regardless of whether that case is actually worth it or just needlessly win-more), and Spite of Mogis makes me definitely interested in building a janky UR Chimera list to mess around with online.

Saeku
Sep 22, 2010
I hate Kruphix already and wish it didn't exist. Wow, a better general for UG control, the archetype least in need of a better general. Whoop de loving do.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Saeku posted:

I hate Kruphix already and wish it didn't exist. Wow, a better general for UG control, the archetype least in need of a better general. Whoop de loving do.

Do it like I do... kill them faster than they can get on their feet.

Seriously, Xenagos is such bullshit in EDH. I adore him and the fact that I'm always the direct cause of death for three different people in any given EDH game.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Zorak posted:

LETS DO THIS poo poo

Another good one I just remembered

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I think you have to get up pretty early in the morning to beat this for :stonk: Magic art.

e: Welp, somehow missed it. Oh well, could stand to be posted again for the new page :getin:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Zorak posted:

Barfing out your own skeleton is a pro as heck fighting maneuver that most people don't plan for but ultimately you want to keep your intestines inside you when you do this move, so this guy seems like he might be an amateur.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I feel like Kruphix's abilities are actually super flavorful. They capture the concept of horizons really well while still feeling mechanically U/G. It might be my favorite of the gods in terms of resonance, actually.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
I can't wait to durdle around with Kruphix and make giant Hydras and Nimbus swimmers.
All these new gods make the Theros set look like chumps.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

whydirt posted:

I feel like Kruphix's abilities are actually super flavorful. They capture the concept of horizons really well while still feeling mechanically U/G. It might be my favorite of the gods in terms of resonance, actually.

Spellbook is mechanically UG? :raise:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
http://www.twitch.tv/channelfireball

Tom Martell and Josh UL are playing vintage right now.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Increasing hand size is a blue effect when it's on a colored card, it's just not very powerful, so they print it on colorless stuff all the time. It's probably more the blue half of the abilities, as the mana side is clearly pretty green in nature.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

vOv posted:

Also it's casual as gently caress but casting Increasing Confusion for 0 so you can cast it from your graveyard would be pretty great.

e: Astral Cornucopia :getin:

My favorite card of cards that have no clue what the gently caress is going on is Chains of Mephistopheles mostly because the Oracle text that tries to make it better, is so, so much worse.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

Bugsy posted:

Thanks for mentioning this; don't usually get to see much vintage.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Angry Grimace posted:

My favorite card of cards that have no clue what the gently caress is going on is Chains of Mephistopheles mostly because the Oracle text that tries to make it better, is so, so much worse.

I feel like they should have printed a flow chart in the text box and it would have worked out better for everybody. There just isn't a way to type out its effect in plain English that isn't awkward as all hell.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

tzirean posted:

This. Reminder that RtR spoilers involved people talking up Dryad Militant as an eternal all-star, crowning Vraska "the second-best planeswalker ever printed," and writing off Abrupt Decay.
Also, Sphinx's Revelation got a whopping two comments about how it looked kinda okay.
This card kinda confuses me. I mean, it's about time Black got creature kill spell that can compete with White's whole "Kill a creature SO HARD it's not even a memory", but were Bestowed creatures really such a huge threat? I mean, I guess maybe they thought there'd be a bigger emphasis on Bestowing in Constructed play than there was? Or maybe it's more for limited?

Kruphix seems okay

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Veyrall posted:

This card kinda confuses me. I mean, it's about time Black got creature kill spell that can compete with White's whole "Kill a creature SO HARD it's not even a memory", but were Bestowed creatures really such a huge threat? I mean, I guess maybe they thought there'd be a bigger emphasis on Bestowing in Constructed play than there was? Or maybe it's more for limited?

It seems to me like a safety valve card that would reduce pressure on a hypothetical metagame where Bestow ended up being too good, but is ignorable otherwise. It's also going to be pretty sweet in limited. Interesting that they put a non-conditional kill spell in rare in all 3 sets.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

I don't care how good it is, that's cool as hell.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Zorak posted:

I've played Thassa's Bounty in draft, and this is a hell of a lot better. I would expect it to be draw 4+ most of the time, which will probably win you the game assuming you're not about to be killed.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Zorak posted:

I wonder if this means we might see Riddle of Lightning or Judge Unworthy?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Please be a new Riddle of Lightning cycle, please. Such a fun card.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I'm still hoping for a serum visions reprint with all the scry going around. That card should not be $6.

Crackatastic
May 13, 2005

Ayo, I kinda like your natural scent.
*NO HOMO*
Kruphix works well enough with any of the Strive Mechanics, just FYI. Just have enough of the colored mana requirements and you should be good to go.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Veyrall posted:

Also, Sphinx's Revelation got a whopping two comments about how it looked kinda okay.

Kruphix seems okay
I don't think its meant to replace Hero's Downfall. It's more like something to put in the sideboard of a black dipping deck instead of having something weird like Unravel the Aether or Revoke Existence.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Yeah it pretty much feels like a new year's model of Sever the Bloodline

ThirdEmperor
Aug 7, 2013

BEHOLD MY GLORY

AND THEN

BRAWL ME
I really hope the next set is super slow, so all these awesome, high cost cards can be playable in Standard.

In the meantime, half these cards are going into my EDH deck.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

Bugsy posted:

Game: Storm (artifacts) vs Gush (...)

Josh storms for 11 and casts Mind's Desire with double FOW backup...which Tom responds to with his 1 of main deck Flusterstorm (to which Josh asks to see his decklist from the internet in disbelief)
Blightsteel collosus keep getting bounced as each player has JTMS
eventually leading to Mana Crypt flips putting Josh at 3, where Tom finds a Lightning Bolt...
and instead casts Hurkyl's recall and Mystic Remora

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Zorak posted:

From Channel Fireball.

What's Xenagos doing in the background? Is he like, "No! Don't kill my dude!" or like "Curse you!" or something?

Fox of Stone posted:

I'm still hoping for a serum visions reprint with all the scry going around. That card should not be $6.

Holy poo poo this is worth something? (a couple dollars but still)

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Revitalized posted:

What's Xenagos doing in the background? Is he like, "No! Don't kill my dude!" or like "Curse you!" or something?

jerkin it. :fap:

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Goddamnit now that's all I see. :suicide:

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
Riddle of Lightning is goddamn perfect for a reprint that it hurts. I never knew this was a thing I wanted until I saw it.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Zorak posted:

Maybe it's just me but I think Chainer's Edict is a lot more disturbing than all the weird pictures of blood and skeletons. That antelope or whatever is loving terrified

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

rabidsquid posted:

Chronic Flooding is the real self mill tech.

Chronic Flooding is no joke if you're in U and self-milling! It was incredible in my humanimator deck.

• Locked thread