Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Oh absolutely, and I mean either way I'll still play the poo poo out of it and melee seems way more fun now especially in certain tilesets/factions, gently caress the minmaxing. I'm gonna guess the Jag will get its specials put back in somehow as well because that spin was seriously too badass to get rid of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
28 drops for the Vek key, ouch.

Objectivist Rapist
Mar 25, 2007

Rape is a construct
and I'm an engineer

Carecat posted:

28 drops for the Vek key, ouch.

And an hour build time, to boot. Good way to snag people with cash shop re: the new frame and weapons.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

If possible, I'd like to submit my clan to the glory of the Gooneer horde.
Clan name is 'Team AGGRO', my name is the same in-game as it is here. (PC)

Ssthalar fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Apr 10, 2014

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Objectivist Rapist posted:

And an hour build time, to boot. Good way to snag people with cash shop re: the new frame and weapons.

Don't forget the resource that you have to grind up likely large amounts of within a day of the build or it disappears. We don't want you to have a job/life/wife or anything. This is getting worse than some korean MMOs.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
What are these prosecutors? I hadn't heard anything about them before the update hit.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Arsonide posted:

Don't forget the resource that you have to grind up likely large amounts of within a day of the build or it disappears. We don't want you to have a job/life/wife or anything. This is getting worse than some korean MMOs.

Let's not say stuff that can't be taken back later. :v: I think their idea is that if you have a job, you shouldn't be grinding, but paying.

hooah posted:

What are these prosecutors? I hadn't heard anything about them before the update hit.

A new kind of Grineer, named versions of the new Grineer Guardian that drop the coordinates for Hek.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

hooah posted:

Basically DE has decided we don't have enough bullshit to grind for.

quote:

- Visit the Shipyards on Ceres. Here you must Defeat Councilor Vay Hek's Prosecutors. Beware, Tenno! They are unlike any enemy you have fought before. Each Prosecutor is vulnerable to a primary elemental type (fire, ice, toxin or electrical damage) and you must use this to your advantage. Note that Prosecutors are not susceptible to secondary combined elemental types. For greater success, team up with other Tenno and make use of multiple elemental types.
- Some of the Prosecutors carry Locator Beacons that will drop once you have defeated them. The beacons broadcast on four channels: Frequency Delta, Frequency Gamma, Frequency Kappa and Frequency Omega. Once you have collected the required number of each, use the Frequency Triangulator to craft a key that leads to Vay Hek.

Grind shipyards to get the one Prosecutor that shows up for the mission, then put that together to get a frequency triangulator that gets you a key to Vay Hek, who drops a Hydroid part.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Piell posted:

Grind shipyards to get the one Prosecutor that shows up for the mission, then put that together to get a frequency triangulator that gets you a key to Vay Hek, who drops a Hydroid part.

And the keys are one-use right?

So much effort, and it's not like Hydroid is Nova-tier. Apparently its abilities are terribly disappointing except for the ulti. So good job DE.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Apr 10, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Mango Polo posted:

So much effort, and it's not like Hydroid is Nova-tier. Apparently its abilities are terribly disappointing except for the ulti. So good job DE.

Lies all of it. Hydroid is rad as hell. His first is a big spamable area damage thing that makes explosions everywhere, his second is a pretty good charge that puts a dot on everything, his puddle can look like a big piss puddle which is funny, and his ult is just murder field.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ahaha, there is a second Nikana in the Tenno Research lab. This one is red and requires 15,000 thousand Oxium to research instead of ten.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Ahaha, there is a second Nikana in the Tenno Research lab. This one is red and requires 15,000 thousand Oxium to research instead of ten.
Yeah, we need to research the first one before we can get the up-graded one.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It's also just straight up better in every way stats wise so I don't even know why the normal, regular Nikana even exists other than to eat up more resources to get you to research it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Insert name here posted:

It's also just straight up better in every way stats wise so I don't even know why the normal, regular Nikana even exists other than to eat up more resources to get you to research it.

It was to fool people into buying it with plat when they were both called the same thing with the same icon.

It's a rad sword though quick draw is awesome and it does so much damage.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Mango Polo posted:

Probably an experiment on DE's part to see how many people who normally farm their frames up will buy it if it's sufficiently difficult to get, and exactly how hard they can make a frame to build without people just not bothering to buy or farm for it at all. Would seem like pretty critical information for their future plans and budgeting.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Or just wait until the official forums trows a tantrum and DE caves to make it easier.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

You can unequip weapons now to help focus exp split
this also means you can unequip your secondary and use your primary when downed
or unequip both and do nothing while downed

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

Terbulus posted:

You can unequip weapons now to help focus exp split
this also means you can unequip your secondary and use your primary when downed
or unequip both and do nothing while downed

Be careful with this. Right now if you unequip something and the Harvester manages to kill you, you will be put in prison and be unable to leave. It's quite an oversight.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
What do we know about the new stance mods? Do weapons come with any by default, or do you need to go farm them up?

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

NeurosisHead posted:

What do we know about the new stance mods? Do weapons come with any by default, or do you need to go farm them up?

You have to farm them, and half of them are rares, so it might be days before you have one for your weapon of choice. Days if you are lucky. Also right now they cannot be equipped in the stance slot, and have to take up a weapon slot.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Welp, looks like I'm farming stance mods because I gotta have 'em all to be the best ninja ever.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
If they put a modpack on the market for all of the stance mods, and made it cost maybe $15 or so I'd buy it. poo poo, maybe just the stances for each weapon family for $5 per family. I'd buy a few that way since they would individually be below my impulse buy threshold.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

If there's room, I would love to join my lovely little friend clan with you guys.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Sounds like the dojo party was less bugged than U13.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I kinda hope the dojo bugs are never fixed. Having a button available to me that breaks the whole thing at will and teleports the trading post a room over and thirty feet in the air is just wonderful. :allears:

Urby
May 31, 2011

MADE IN MEXICO
Any Aussie goon clans set up or clans with Australians in them? I am in dire need of friends.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Helter Skelter posted:

I kinda hope the dojo bugs are never fixed. Having a button available to me that breaks the whole thing at will and teleports the trading post a room over and thirty feet in the air is just wonderful. :allears:

What is the button supposed to do?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Urby posted:

Any Aussie goon clans set up or clans with Australians in them? I am in dire need of friends.
Just join up with the GOON. Lag isn't too bad for the most part. I play with my US friends all the time and it's only really an issue if someone is watching YouTube vids.

Mezmerize
Feb 24, 2012

SOLO MID OR I FEED
Just finished farming some Oxium with some goons for Nikana research when, after almost failing the mission we extracted only to after watching the cutscene we were thrown back into the game in some sort of purgatory and unable to quit out.

Also, I think this video best sums up how I feel about the Dragon Nikana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO62i0aw_Hg

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Mezmerize posted:

Just finished farming some Oxium with some goons for Nikana research when, after almost failing the mission we extracted only to after watching the cutscene we were thrown back into the game in some sort of purgatory and unable to quit out.

Also, I think this video best sums up how I feel about the Dragon Nikana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO62i0aw_Hg

I just had that happen to me, then I got kicked out of the game a few minutes after I got back in. Looks like server issues. I'd have cried if I managed to get a stance off of Ruk.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

hooah posted:

What is the button supposed to do?
Change the spawn room. :v:

To be clear, the button works, but if I'm not hosting the dojo instance at the time it will also have some... interesting side effects that persist until everyone leaves the dojo.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
So, Hydroid acquisition process if I'm reading it right:

- have Prosecutor spawn in level (easiest way is to trip an alarm on Ceres VS Grineer, thanks Jetamo)
- kill Prosecutor, unguaranteed drop of 1 of 4 beacons
- repeat until have all 4 beacons (in required quantities - 2 delta, 4 gamma, 8 kappa, 12 omega), then craft Vay Hek key - 26 total beacons required per key (thanks Piell)
- run Vay Hek, get guaranteed Hydroid sub-BP drop
- repeat until all sub-BPs are acquired @ 26 beacon runs per key :psyboom:
- get main BP from store (50,000cr)

So like Nekros, but more tedious.

Also, what is the half-life resource used in? Anything currently available? Nikanas and Hydroid Chassis, got it.

e: VVV thanks!

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 10, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Its used in the new Tenno weapons at least.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

zgrowler2 posted:

So, Hydroid acquisition process if I'm reading it right:

- have Prosecutor spawn in level (conditions?)
- kill Prosecutor, unguaranteed drop of 1 of 4 beacons
- repeat until have all 4 beacons, then craft Vay Hek key
- run Vay Hek, get guaranteed Hydroid sub-BP drop
- repeat until all sub-BPs are acquired
- get main BP from store (50,000cr)

So like Nekros, but more tedious.

Also, what is the half-life resource used in? Anything currently available? Nikanas and Hydroid Chassis, got it.

e: VVV thanks!

You need multiples of certain beacons, 26 total beacons. That's a minimum of 26 runs, assuming you get perfect drops, unless you and your buddies are all running nekros.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
You need 2 Delta, 4, Gamma, 8 Kappa, 12 Omega to craft the locator.
Is the key permanent or one-use though?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Mango Polo posted:

You need 2 Delta, 4, Gamma, 8 Kappa, 12 Omega to craft the locator.
Is the key permanent or one-use though?

One-time. Because gently caress you.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Yeah there's no way I'm wasting that much time farming frame parts.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
That's amazing.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
It's fairly simple to get a prosecutor show up. Just have the alarm go off in Ceres against the grineer, wait, bang, prosecutor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
gently caress that.

Guess when PS4 gets this patch I'm buying the frame outright.