Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eskie
Jan 25, 2003
People interested in raiding on Jedi Covenant!

First, I would like to thank all of you that have been showing up for Sunday raids. We've been getting 15-16 people consistently, and its been a lot of fun running through the content with you guys.

A number of you have also been able to make it to the Monday/Wednesday times as well, which is awesome! We tend to run 8 man content those days though, which meant a number of people had to be sat this past Monday.

To prevent so many people from having to sit, I'd like to put together a second weeknight raid group. If you haven't been a part of our HM DF/DP runs and would like to do more weeknight raiding please post in this thread and let me know!

The information that I would need would be:

Which nights work best for you?
What times work best?
What role/roles do you play?

I'm excited to hear from you all and hopefully get more raiding together!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Place Ad Here
Mar 15, 2005
I don't mind moving around if needed for raiding.

Which nights work best for you? S-Th
What times work best? 7:30 ET - 11:00 ET
What role/roles do you play? PT Tank/DPS, Sorc DPS/Healer, Marauder DPS/DPS, Sniper Bench/Water

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
I just bought an Orbital Kolto Strike for 4500 credits. Somebody's gonna be mad.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Eskie posted:

Very much this. I really feel bad when we have people logging on because they heard it's "raid time" but then getting left out. It's nothing personal against y'all. It's just that we've got a regular group that's kind of stuck on progression right now, and we really want to see this through. That's what our Monday Wednesday group is tied to right now.

Since I play this game entirely too goddamned much, I really want to see another group get started. I have alts that I want to run through raids, and I have months of raiding experience that I am entirely too eager to dispense.

Let's get some folks replying and start something up. I've seen too many people lose interest and wander off because we couldn't squeeze them in. With the current level of interest we have, there's no reason why we shouldn't be working up to a 16-man progression raid group. We just need to get people some gear and some practice first.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Sadly, because I'm a disgusting criminal from the Land Down Under, I can't raid with Goons. Except from the occasional run on your Friday night/my Saturday morning, that is. A terribly shame, because it's awfully fun running with Goons, even when they make me do the puzzle in Karaggas, because they are all bombed :)

I basically need to grind out gear via elite or ultimate comms. And as Jehane is rapidly approaching a full Verpine set, this means I now get to run S&V and TFB over and over with pubs. Ugh.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Moreau posted:

Sadly, because I'm a disgusting criminal from the Land Down Under, I can't raid with Goons. Except from the occasional run on your Friday night/my Saturday morning, that is. A terribly shame, because it's awfully fun running with Goons, even when they make me do the puzzle in Karaggas, because they are all bombed :)

I basically need to grind out gear via elite or ultimate comms. And as Jehane is rapidly approaching a full Verpine set, this means I now get to run S&V and TFB over and over with pubs. Ugh.

There's a few filthy convicts (and others from the same timezone) like us that play on Harb, and best thing is that I only get 240 ping on that server! I'm in Westralia so it's as bad as 330 on JC for me.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

HiveCommander posted:

There's a few filthy convicts (and others from the same timezone) like us that play on Harb, and best thing is that I only get 240 ping on that server! I'm in Westralia so it's as bad as 330 on JC for me.

The thing with us former colonies on Harbinger is that we're PvP-centric. I think we're all interested in raiding, but none of us have ever taken that plunge yet. Killing other people is just too fun.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Zakmonster posted:

The thing with us former colonies on Harbinger is that we're PvP-centric. I think we're all interested in raiding, but none of us have ever taken that plunge yet. Killing other people is just too fun.

I'll second that. I have been doing a few ops on Malaal lately though. My progress should've reset for the week so I'm good to go again

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

I can do anytime Thursday and early on Friday, as well as after eight PM EST Saturday and Sunday. I could also potentially do after eight Monday through Wednesday but there's a chance of me being interrupted and needing to go afk for a bit that I'd prefer to avoid.

Edit: I'm a healer but I'm a fresh-faced 55, so I'm probably not geared enough to join you guys in any event.

Damage8185
Mar 29, 2010

Eskie posted:

People interested in raiding on Jedi Covenant!

The information that I would need would be:

Which nights work best for you?
What times work best?
What role/roles do you play?

I just leveled my sorc (Vendatha) to 55 last week, so I've been trying to pug as much as I can to get raid ready. Unfortunately for me, my work schedule can be a bit weird so there's no definitive time that I can or cannot be on. As for roles, I've been healing lately and all of my gear has gone towards that, but I have no problem dpsing instead.

As a side note, I've heard a lot of negative things about TOR's endgame from people I played wow with, so naturally I'm ready to dive into it head first. Story Mode SnV and EV seemed pretty fun, and the fights were refreshing compared to Blizzard's basic fight structure.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Speaking of raiding...I just learned a few things about mitigation stats and gave up some HP (dropped from nearly 42K to nearly 40K) but boosted my mitigation budget up nearly 300...which is huge. I can now pull entire rooms while running dailies with a DPS companion and barely drop any points. Cannot wait to get into some HM action now.

Regrets I am on Bastion and am pub side because it would be fun to run some ops with you folks

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

Bilirubin posted:

Regrets I am on Bastion and am pub side because it would be fun to run some ops with you folks

Also on Bastion pub side here. Have a 55 Shadow (DPS) in mostly Oricon/Basics that I'd love to get raiding sometime. Also working on leveling a Vanguard for tanking and Scoundrel for healing at the moment.

I have discovered that I am the worst tank. Doing the Athiss FP, I get told about the beast and his knockback since I've never done this FP at all.
What I think is going to happen: Begin my pull, hit Hold the Line and get past him to the wall, be safe from knockback
What actually happened: Begin my pull, pop Hold the Line, get batted 20m off the cliff into a pack of trash and an Elite. Beast wipes party, comes to find me and then proceeds to take a minute or so killing me.
On the plus side, when we got back to him I took a second and realised that it is possible to get to the wall before you even begin the pull. Then it went flawlessly.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

HIT RED THING WITH GLOW STICK

BZZZZZZHT. BZZZZZHT.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Until we get something set up- and hopefully we will- I'm occasionally on on non- raid nights looking for poo poo to do with my less geared alts. If people are on and want to do something (but are afraid of pugging, don't know the bosses well, whatever) I'm happy to help facilitate.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

wtftastic posted:

Until we get something set up- and hopefully we will- I'm occasionally on on non- raid nights looking for poo poo to do with my less geared alts. If people are on and want to do something (but are afraid of pugging, don't know the bosses well, whatever) I'm happy to help facilitate.

Same here. Now that it's getting nicer out I will be (hopefully) cutting down my play time during the week but still will be home by 8:30ish so will be available to help out. If we can get enough people interested I wouldn't mind helping out - I would just prefer we plan it out rather than try and "see who's online at 8:30".

My two non-goon ex guildmates that transferred over to join us will likely be in too (Glassya and Storril/Podiat) so we'll have 1 healer and 1 DPS. I can tank pretty much anything up to HM DF I think, Nich is in 72s/78s.

Some of you are saying you're not geared enough - I think the first step is finding a 2nd core group of people that WANT to show up and raid regularly. Then start working through the raids and getting used to working with each other.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It's so easy to get people geared up its not funny, don't worry about it.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Xyretire posted:

Also on Bastion pub side here. Have a 55 Shadow (DPS) in mostly Oricon/Basics that I'd love to get raiding sometime. Also working on leveling a Vanguard for tanking and Scoundrel for healing at the moment.

Awesome. Bilirubin is my legacy name. Hit up Cyannin or Vertatin (the two I am on most these days) if you are interested in an invite to my guild. We're fairly active and run all levels of content each week (although right now the older folks are building up the difficulty of content they are running which is cutting into SM time).

quote:

I have discovered that I am the worst tank. Doing the Athiss FP, I get told about the beast and his knockback since I've never done this FP at all.
What I think is going to happen: Begin my pull, hit Hold the Line and get past him to the wall, be safe from knockback
What actually happened: Begin my pull, pop Hold the Line, get batted 20m off the cliff into a pack of trash and an Elite. Beast wipes party, comes to find me and then proceeds to take a minute or so killing me.
On the plus side, when we got back to him I took a second and realised that it is possible to get to the wall before you even begin the pull. Then it went flawlessly.

You have to see the content to know how to play it. Normally on DF's opening pull in SM I stand so that the knock backs chain pull the beasts--at the rate we burn them down I rarely tank more than one for more than a few seconds. Last week however I was introduced to a HM tactic of standing with my back to the bridge buttress--so pull, discover my angle is off, get knocked into lava, watch other tank scramble to do double duty. Good fun! But lesson learned.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'd be up for another regular raid: the only nights I can't do are wednesdays, I think, I have a standing obligation that I usually make it to.

Any time after 8pm EST is fine, though i sometimes work late

My only raiding role right now is Sniper DPS. I have no interest in tanking but give me a few weeks and I could level a healer if it's badly needed?

My gear is all in the 69/72 range now (with the exception of a 66 barrel on my mainhand) so my focus at the moment is 1) getting elite/ultimate comms to beef up the 69s I'm wearing and 2) learning the raids and fights so people don't have to explain them to me every time (I still haven't even seen SnV all the way to the end, and there's a lot of classic raids I haven't seen at all).

and having fun, of course; on that note, I'd be up for any random "let's gently caress around and have fun nights", like datacron hunts or world boss tours.

I'm also still wearing quite a few 66 enhancements, since that was the only affordable way I could figure out to get my accuracy up to snuff; as I get better implants/earpieces/other enhancements I can trade up and replace some of them for more power or surge or whatever, but I feel like that's not as important probably?

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Apr 10, 2014

ohsodark1986
Oct 6, 2008
For raiding on JC I can do Thursday - Sunday until May and then it doesn't matter. 7 - 11 pm works as well. Op (dps or heals) PT (dps) Sorc (dps or heals) Marauder (dps). On the healing it needs to be the easier stuff still gearing them.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I think it was posted, but for anyone who doesn't have a Barrel/Hilt 30 (old grade 69, whatever the hell it is now with the new numbers), Czerka reputation vendors sell them for 120 elite commendations, which changed Tuesday from 350.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Medullah posted:

Same here. Now that it's getting nicer out I will be (hopefully) cutting down my play time during the week but still will be home by 8:30ish so will be available to help out. If we can get enough people interested I wouldn't mind helping out - I would just prefer we plan it out rather than try and "see who's online at 8:30".

My two non-goon ex guildmates that transferred over to join us will likely be in too (Glassya and Storril/Podiat) so we'll have 1 healer and 1 DPS. I can tank pretty much anything up to HM DF I think, Nich is in 72s/78s.

Some of you are saying you're not geared enough - I think the first step is finding a 2nd core group of people that WANT to show up and raid regularly. Then start working through the raids and getting used to working with each other.

That last part is sooooo important. And yeah, I agree it should be more organized. I'm just offering in the interim. The gearing stuff sometimes can be a pain in the rear end, but its really not that bad, especially when you work with other goons.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
I'm available any evenings but Fridays. If all goes well this double XP weekend, I'll have all roles available.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Yeah I should have a tank for raiding after the double XP weekend, and possibly a healer.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.
Since Mon/Wed/Sun are currently set raid nights that kinda just leaves Thursday. In past guilds raiding Fri/Sat has never really worked out.

It would be cool if we could get enough people to run another SM raid on Mon or Wed's but I think right now the raiding knowledge and all the tanks are running the HM content.

If there was one geared tank that knew the fights we could probably create the 2nd raiding group around them and go from there. It seems like we're fine on healing and the bigger problem is getting enough dps with the gear to actually burn down the boss in the needed time.

The more times we run through the content on Sundays the more knowledgable and geared everyone will be but if we want something sooner rather than later I think the above suggestion will get us there. I also think the 2nd tank on Sundays needs to be someone that isn't raiding during the HM stuff on Mon and Wed. That way they can get the experience and learn to tank the fights.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
I'd be interested in getting into raiding, although I'd need to really work my rear end off (not just on the Double XP weekend) to get something to the appropriate levels.

I do have a Sorc that I'm working up on JC at the moment (and need to get into TNG), although based on What Super3 said below healing is pretty much covered. I was never very good at playing a tank in WoW (or even trying to play one in SWToR), but I could work up a DPS if that's what's needed.

(Also, is anyone online currently that could invite me into TNG?)

Kahanamoku
Jan 6, 2013
I'm interested in raiding as well, but I am not sure I have time other than Sunday evenings (Eastern) for a few hours. I have a mercenary bounty hunter that I would prefer to heal with, but I am flexible. Although, I hear that the BH healer is not that great.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Kahanamoku posted:

I'm interested in raiding as well, but I am not sure I have time other than Sunday evenings (Eastern) for a few hours. I have a mercenary bounty hunter that I would prefer to heal with, but I am flexible. Although, I hear that the BH healer is not that great.

I don't *PEW PEW* know *PEW PEW* what *PEW PEW* you *PEW PEW* me*PEW*an*PEW*

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Ainsley McTree posted:

I don't *PEW PEW* know *PEW PEW* what *PEW PEW* you *PEW PEW* me*PEW*an*PEW*

*WOOSH* What was that? *PEW PEW SPLAT* I can't hear you over my HEALS.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

OzCavalier posted:

I'd be interested in getting into raiding, although I'd need to really work my rear end off (not just on the Double XP weekend) to get something to the appropriate levels.

I do have a Sorc that I'm working up on JC at the moment (and need to get into TNG), although based on What Super3 said below healing is pretty much covered. I was never very good at playing a tank in WoW (or even trying to play one in SWToR), but I could work up a DPS if that's what's needed.

(Also, is anyone online currently that could invite me into TNG?)

Sorc is fine for dps you could even collect two sets of gear depending on what you want to do.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kahanamoku posted:

Merc healing has received significant buffs with almost every patch. They can now put Kolto shells on everyone, and this week the cooldown on Power Surge (turn one of their heals into an instant cast) was reduced to a minute. I heal just fine (when I don't do stupid poo poo like die on Corrupter Zero gravity field or run into lasers on Brontes, both of which happened last night).

Plus the free blaster heals should not be under rated...I got my 78 main hand last night and fully charged with gas charges, if my relic proc'd my heals were critting for almost 1k each, that's a heat free quick heal that you can do while moving for 1500-3000 a cast.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Arkanian set gear is better than elite comm gear, but is it better than Oriconian comm?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Baron Porkface posted:

Arkanian set gear is better than elite comm gear, but is it better than Oriconian comm?

Depends on the set bonus. Sniper? No. Assassin tank? Yes.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How bout assassin Dps and Gunslinger?

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Medullah posted:

Merc healing has received significant buffs with almost every patch. They can now put Kolto shells on everyone, and this week the cooldown on Power Surge (turn one of their heals into an instant cast) was reduced to a minute. I heal just fine (when I don't do stupid poo poo like die on Corrupter Zero gravity field or run into lasers on Brontes, both of which happened last night).

Plus the free blaster heals should not be under rated...I got my 78 main hand last night and fully charged with gas charges, if my relic proc'd my heals were critting for almost 1k each, that's a heat free quick heal that you can do while moving for 1500-3000 a cast.

Can you screen shot your player card? Curious about your stat break down etc.

I spent a bunch of elite comms and credits the other day trying to redo my stat priority.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Super 3 posted:

Can you screen shot your player card? Curious about your stat break down etc.

I spent a bunch of elite comms and credits the other day trying to redo my stat priority.

I'm in a mix of Dread Forged and Oriconian gear - a bit high on Crit and Surge because EVERY PIECE OF ORICONIAN MERC GEAR HAS IT, with everything Augmented with Aim augments. Relics are Underworld Serendipitous Assault and Obroan Focused Retribution. Right now I'm working on swapping out the +crit/+surge mods and enhancements with +power where I can until I'm down closer to 30%/70%

*edit* I also have every +aim/+endurance/+cunning datacron.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Healing on my merc has been pretty fun but goddamn the sound of applying Kolto Shells is just the worst.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

kmzh posted:

Healing on my merc has been pretty fun but goddamn the sound of applying Kolto Shells is just the worst.

95% of the time I have the game on mute and am listening to TV/movie/music in the background. Raiding I turn it up mostly only at boss fights.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Man, energy vanishes so fast when you're healing on an Operative.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Man, energy vanishes so fast when you're healing on an Operative.

Are you 55, or still leveling? I feel like classes get a lot of talents that help with energy management but until you get them, it can be a struggle (I used to have to think about energy on my sniper, but after reaching a certain point in the marksman tree, I don't, ever)

I'm leveling a vanguard now, I'm up to about 24, and energy management is still hard, I'm finding. It doesn't help that one of the main abilities, Ion pulse, is one that you can cast instantly with no cooldown, so if you aren't watching yourself, you can just drain your energy by spamming it, finding yourself empty when your pulse cannon cools down again.

Does that get better, ever, or has marksman sniper spoiled me for energy management?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Middle-tree has built-in energy regen so you generally don't have to worry about it. Right-tree will drain your energy pretty quick if you're not careful.

• Locked thread