Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

WHY DO THEY KEEP DOING THIS

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

chuggo is BACK posted:

The RAWK photoshop thread is painful.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

chuggo is BACK posted:

It's loving terrifying.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
That crossover of Xavi and Iniesta is quite well done though

Ravel fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 9, 2014

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Why do football fans want to keep making weird mutant hybrids of players

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

irlZaphod posted:

The new FIFA is rumored to have a breeding centre and daycare

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

This could make for a pretty great thread imo

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Ewar Woowar posted:

This could make for a pretty great thread imo
It is obviously making for a slightly weird and disturbing thread on RAWK or somewhere

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

i think they just want to make suarez black so him calling patrice evra a negrito is cool

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
YES!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Christ, that is terrifying.

Ravel posted:

Where do you see Xavi and Iniesta in this or is :thejoke:

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Ravel posted:

Messi and Ronaldo

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
No, that's what I found when searching for the Xavi Iniesta one which has been posted here before. Here it is again.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

So pretty much a tan Andres iniesta

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Ravel posted:

No, that's what I found when searching for the Xavi Iniesta one which has been posted here before. Here it is again.

That's the creepiest one yet.

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009
About 6 years ago I came across a community owned football club (http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk[1] ) and the idea has fascinated me ever since. Basically, we need to gather a community (reddit), pay about £50 for a membership fee, and in return every member gets 1 vote in executive matters via a poll (i.e transfers, sponsorships, stadium name etc.) . This would instigate a democratic non-profit football club, and everyone would have an equal say.

I did a bit of research, and I figure if we could manage to obtain a community of 50,000 football enthusiasts, where we each pay £50, we could raise £2,500,000 and subsequently afford a bottom/mid league 2 side.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

aeverous posted:

About 6 years ago I came across a community owned football club (http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk[1] ) and the idea has fascinated me ever since. Basically, we need to gather a community (reddit), pay about £50 for a membership fee, and in return every member gets 1 vote in executive matters via a poll (i.e transfers, sponsorships, stadium name etc.) . This would instigate a democratic non-profit football club, and everyone would have an equal say.

I did a bit of research, and I figure if we could manage to obtain a community of 50,000 football enthusiasts, where we each pay £50, we could raise £2,500,000 and subsequently afford a bottom/mid league 2 side.

I cant wait till someone does that and runs off with all the money

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/10/freddy-shepherd-bringing-his-star-dust-back-to-newcastle-and-replacing-mike-ashley-would-be-perfect-4693999/

quote:

Outspoken former Toon chairman Freddy Shepherd refused to a rule out a return to St James’ Park if Mike Ashley ever decides to end his miserly term on Tyneside, and I would welcome his return.

Freddy paid and paved the way into the Champions League, but in doing so risked bankrupting the club, and – ironically – meant we were reliant on Ashley to save us from administration.

I like having a team to support personally

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Ravel posted:

this one made lol for real, its hilarious

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i like how, of all the actual legit criticisms you could have of Ashley, they went with "miserly"

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Can we rename haggis head or someone Angus Grossfart please

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Ravel posted:

Wow looks like Chuggo got that new haircut after all.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

This can only end well

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Can we rename haggis head or someone Angus Grossfart please

I like this. Please do.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

http://www.squawka.com/news/2014/04/10/blame-sherwood-twitter-destroys-spurs-adebayor-salute-hashtag/2014041094898

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 10, 2014

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Total Meatlove posted:

This can only end well

Why do clubs continue to do things like this idgi

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

I, for one, can't wait for the first quenelle

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

lmao

https://www.twitter.com/AlanScoones/statuses/454248585081544704

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This is loving terrifying

I feel like it's slightly racist, too.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the one on the right looks like the indian guy that gives me free 40oz at the deli

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

irlZaphod posted:

This is loving terrifying

I feel like it's slightly racist, too.

Amazing. I feel so uncomfortable looking at it. It's wrong thread and right thread all at once.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Rodgers has huge forearms

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I wouldn’t be so sure at this point in time. Everything outside of the big four and the best 3 teams in France are comparable or lower than MLS. The lesser EPL teams are much worse than MLS, at least for young player development. Every MLS team looks to have runs off of midfield through balls whereas Sunderland didn’t really do that this season. The Bundesliga is a more technical league with more advanced in-game psychology. Serie A is actually less athletic than MLS but it requires very quick and sophisticated in-game decisions. Spain is a funny one because the top and middle are better than MLS but not so much on the bottom. Regardless, it’s closer to what works at the international level than the frantic out-of-control pace of most EPL teams.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

I wouldn’t be so sure at this point in time. Everything outside of the big four and the best 3 teams in France are comparable or lower than MLS. The lesser EPL teams are much worse than MLS, at least for young player development. Every MLS team looks to have runs off of midfield through balls whereas Sunderland didn’t really do that this season. The Bundesliga is a more technical league with more advanced in-game psychology. Serie A is actually less athletic than MLS but it requires very quick and sophisticated in-game decisions. Spain is a funny one because the top and middle are better than MLS but not so much on the bottom. Regardless, it’s closer to what works at the international level than the frantic out-of-control pace of most EPL teams.

This hurts my brain

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

that's the problem.... you don't let Ronaldo decide anything. You get in his face and you piss him off. If I were Klinsmann... I would tell every right-sided player who will see time in our defensive third...."Listen.... Ronaldo has no idea who you are right now... if he doesn't remember your face, and know your name by the end of the game.... and hate you..... then you've failed today."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Ewar Woowar posted:

How are they this delusional about their domestic league