Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."
If theres still room in the goon alliance my small clan could use an invite.

Clan name: Anal Gunners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Man I hope they take a look at the controls for melee now because this just feels really weird and unnatural.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Yeah, I just want to have melee be MB1, while retaining it as the fire bind for guns.

Edit: Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

It looks like they nerfed the Jat Kittag jet hammer spin blender or at least I cannot work out how to get said jet hammer to do its super spin kill move any more, I guess this is now something which requires a stance?

Previously I had it specced for short charge time and maximum charge damage and while I am sure it was not optimised it was great for whirling through hordes of people. Feels super lacklustre now.

Coach Sport
Jul 3, 2003
And we care about this shitty poster...why?
Can someone explain the new stuff in melee 2.0? Enemies glow red when I hit them and sometimes turn into weird white wireframes when they die, and left clicking makes me hit harder?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Coach Sport posted:

Can someone explain the new stuff in melee 2.0? Enemies glow red when I hit them and sometimes turn into weird white wireframes when they die, and left clicking makes me hit harder?

No, you've basically got it.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Coach Sport posted:

You can hold down RMB to deflect bullets into dudes. Combine with the reflection mod and/or link for maximum "stop hitting yourself".

Passburger
May 4, 2013
:frogsiren:Hotfix 13.3:frogsiren:

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Apparently the only 1 Prosecutor per mission thing was a bug. Though that's the excuse for them to make Deltas even rarer... whoo.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Joe Gillian posted:

Yeah, I just want to have melee be MB1, while retaining it as the fire bind for guns.

Edit: Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?
Probably not in the current state of the game, since weapon-out melee attacks and quick melee attacks use the same button. If they made quick melee distinct, then you might have something.

You might be able to do something convoluted where pressing the melee weapon switch button also rebinds mouse 1 to a different key that is then used for melee...

EDIT:

Evek posted:

If theres still room in the goon alliance my small clan could use an invite.

Clan name: Anal Gunners
It occurs to me that people could be giving us completely random clans they dig up here and there, and we wouldn't be able to tell the difference for a long goddamn time.

Hey, youtube stopped having a fit! Here's one and a half loving hours of U13 Launch Partest in the dojo.

Fish Noise fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 10, 2014

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

:de: posted:

Slightly reduced the drop rate of the Delta Beacon

why

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Serpentis posted:

Apparently the only 1 Prosecutor per mission thing was a bug. Though that's the excuse for them to make Deltas even rarer... whoo.

They literally say that they slightly lowered it because there are supposed to be multiple Prosecutors per mission and they fixed that gently caress-up.

TurboPriest
Aug 30, 2012
On the subject of getting clans into the alliance, some friends have a small one allready building they solar rail, to whoever is in charge invite the clan Weeabusa

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012
I think they're lowering the drop rate after they increased the drop rate to make up for the bug where there was only one Prosecutor per mission.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

EroticBlacksmith posted:

So happy they fixed zorencopter for despair. That alone makes me love this update.

I was wondering if Despair was one of the thrown weapons the patch notes referred to.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, they threw everything into disarray by changing the stance drops. It's actually kind of funny.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Geez, DE really, really wants people to join a clan in order to play this game.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
So in a loading screen I saw "Orokin Tenno Spectre", which shows up as a silhouette in the codex. Looks like Excalibur.

Coach Sport
Jul 3, 2003
And we care about this shitty poster...why?
So far melee stances don't feel much different than mashing E normally, at least for dual swords.

edit: We should switch to using alliance chat exclusively, clan chat already feels small sometimes and it'd be cool to play with more people from smaller groups and give them some key-based benefits to working with us

Coach Sport fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 11, 2014

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've been doing some Transmutes and have 3 stances already. Two Homing Fang (which looks incredibly cool with the Heat Dagger) and a Bleeding Willow.

Edit: Make that 4. Got a Burning Wasp, too. Not that I have any whips. :whip:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 11, 2014

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
So I logged in right after the update, and (once again) ran a mercury survival to mess around with the new melee system (Which is balls).

Three Hydroids join straight away, not 3 minutes after their release into the store.

Why do people suck.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Coach Sport posted:

So far melee stances don't feel much different than mashing E normally, at least for dual swords.

edit: We should switch to using alliance chat exclusively, clan chat already feels small sometimes and it'd be cool to play with more people from smaller groups and give them some key-based benefits to working with us

Yeah, I got swirling tiger or whatever for dual wield and it seems to have one attack that is actually different than standard. Unfortunately that attack takes so long to preform that anything you were attacking has already walked off, or died.

Not too impressed so far.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

New in U13, throwing guns! :downs:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Benito Hitlerstalin posted:

That Oberon looks so shifty as he tosses the guns.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Benito Hitlerstalin posted:

Tediore is working its way into Warframe?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Aww yeah, got a Reaping Spiral off a Crewman on Venus. Let the scythe-kicking commence!

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
If the leader of the alliance can toss my clan an invite if theres still room it'll be appreciated, clans name is: Little Bees

Quincy80
Jul 3, 2012

Piell posted:

New Resource: Argon Crystal. A Void Only Resource from the Orokin Age that decays over time (a half-life of one day). Use it quickly in any gear that requires this Resource!

Wait, this is a resource that decays very quickly and it's from the Orokin Age.
How the hell is there any left?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Kind of seems like they spent those 2-3 months making absolutely sure most everything in this update was as dumb and convoluted as possible.

So we're building these solar rails to brand new unexplored systems that lead to... more missions fighting the Grineer or Corpus for some reason?

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 11, 2014

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

Quincy80 posted:

It's a continually produced byproduct of the corruption process. It's mind control poop.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Crigit posted:

It's a continually produced byproduct of the corruption process. It's mind control poop.

No wonder it's used to research the katanas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO62i0aw_Hg

Mercury_Storm posted:

Kind of seems like they spent those 2-3 months making absolutely sure most everything in this update was as dumb and convoluted as possible.

So we're building these solar rails to brand new unexplored systems that lead to... more missions fighting the Grineer or Corpus for some reason?

The only solar rails I care about are the ones on Jupiter and Ceres. Boosted drop rates for cells and neural sensors in convenient survival mission format? Yes please.

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 11, 2014

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mercury_Storm posted:

The destination isn't important. The mode of travel is. DE knows full well that a significant portion of their player base loves trains. I believe they will actually be modeled in-game at some point, too.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
If there's still room than the 6 dudes Ghost Clan 'Void Kraken Kult' is still waiting for an alliance invite.

Also while the controls are a bit weird (why is melee attack not just primary fire when the melee weapon is equipped?) I'm really enjoying melee only runs, especially with single daggers. I don't have a stance mod yet, but the standard attack pattern works suprisingly well to kill groups, with the heavy attack in the chain kind of dashing forward to the next target (or just burying the dagger into whatever is in front of you).

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Okay, here's the requirements for getting an alliance invite:

1. What is your clan name?
2. How large are you?
3. Are you actually active?
4. Why are you not part of the main goon clan?

Quote this post with your answers and I'll get around to it.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Quincy80 posted:

Maybe the Argon Crystal is vacuum-sealed and it starts evaporating when clumsy Tenno bust open the loot containers.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

1. What is your clan name?
2. How large are you?
3. Are you actually active?
4. Why are you not part of the main goon clan?

Theater Vancoor

4 player Ghost Clan

Me and 1 other member, getting the third to stop playing Rogue Legacy, kicking the 4th in a week.

The other active is a bit odd and wouldn't join me if I was in the goon clan, but he's one of my best friends. Also the only non goon in the clan.

EroticBlacksmith fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 11, 2014

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Helter Skelter posted:

1. What is your clan name? Void Kraken Kult
2. How large are you? Ghost (6/10)
3. Are you actually active? 5 active 1 away to get his final exams done
4. Why are you not part of the main goon clan? left to help pubbie friend build up his dojo, GOON was full when I was finished building space dojos, haven't tried to get back into goon since than cause I'm the worst Tenno. And Ghostclan got a few new members (RF friends) since than

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 11, 2014

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Helter Skelter posted:

1. What is your clan name? Defiled
2. How large are you? 10 Members
3. Are you actually active? A few folks are. 3-4 of them
4. Why are you not part of the main goon clan? Playing with real-life friends.

This clan has 3, I think, goons in it. There's a lurker in addition to myself and ElegantFugue.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."

Helter Skelter posted:

1. What is your clan name? Anal Gunners
2. How large are you? Shadow clan, 21 members, not planning to increase past Shadow
3. Are you actually active? mostly active at different times of the day
4. Why are you not part of the main goon clan? Part goon and non-goon members plus real life friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Helter Skelter posted:

1. What is your clan name? Emperium
2. How large are you? Storm Clan, 35 members
3. Are you actually active? Yes
4. Why are you not part of the main goon clan? Guild founder is a good friend and the one who got me into the closed beta

We have maybe 10 folks who haven't touched the game in the month, but there's a core group that's active and getting more people into the game.