Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

RIDLEY IS IN

but it's the weird little cute-bird form

The funny thing is he would still murder most of the cast even as that. As long as no one tipped him over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
With the talk of Fire emblem stages and characters as stage hazards, I realized what I really want as a stage for Fire Emblem:

The forces of Elibe and Tellius locked in combat, from one of the Awakening DLCs.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Calihan posted:

The funny thing is he would still murder most of the cast even as that. As long as no one tipped him over.

He did somehow manage to kill one of Adam's redshirts offscreen. Not that I, the writer, or the characters apparently gave a drat about the guy.

Spekhogger
Nov 13, 2013
The only bad thing is now people are going to be pleading their favorite Pokemon be put into the game.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

If we're going to be honest, I would be okay with Adam getting in over Ridley IF all of his specials were summoning part of his team to shoot people.

Anthony would have that plasma gun that needs time to recharge, so can't be spammed. Dude that died first fires around spastically like he did at those bugs. Deleter gets the Ice Beam gun that freezes other fighters if you shoot them at a close enough range.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Spekhogger posted:

The only bad thing is now people are going to be pleading their favorite Pokemon be put into the game.

Blaziken for Smash.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Crawfish posted:

If we're going to be honest, I would be okay with Adam getting in over Ridley.

You're drunk. Go to bed.

Spekhogger posted:

If people have a favorite Pokemon that isn't Charizard then they don't matter anyway. :colbert:

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Spekhogger posted:

Hey man, Sylveon wasn't show as a pokeball pokemon, there's totally still hope

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Captain Pissweak posted:

Blaziken for Smash.
I would of preferred Blaziken in over Charizard, but the writing was on the wall for that one when Lucario got back in.

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Lack of electricity... is my destiny...

DrPaper posted:

Hey man, Sylveon wasn't show as a pokeball pokemon, there's totally still hope

I wonder if Eevee will be able to evolve on his appearance.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Crawfish posted:

If we're going to be honest, I would be okay with Adam getting in over Ridley

TaurusOxford posted:

You're drunk. Go to bed.

Hey now, Adam has caused more damage to Samus's reputation in three games than Ridley was able to do starting from day one. :v:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Mennonites Revenge posted:

I don't think it'll happen unless it's totally random which one it evolves into, and even then it'd be tough to differentiate the evolutions from the other pokemon of similar type. Still, my favorite 'Mon has always been Jolteon so I kinda hope it does (and having played X/Y recently I'm annoyed at how bad the Eeveelutions have been nerfed since Gen 2, but that's neither here nor there).

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Oh my god this is brilliant, it better happen.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

majormonotone posted:

I'm getting mad about this post. I'm mad about video games on the Internet.

Can you imagine the internet shitstorm if Adam was a playable character and Ridley wasn't? Ridley's at the top of my list for most wanted newcomers but I almost want to see that happen instead just to see the internet react.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

This seems the most likely thing. I mean, why bother throwing in Eevee if they don't use its main gimmick?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Father Wendigo posted:

Hey now, Adam has caused more damage to Samus's reputation in three games than Ridley was able to do starting from day one. :v:
Fusion, Other M, and which is the third now?

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I'd actually be okay with Adam being playable because hey, there's your Metroid villain right there.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It'd be cool to get some mega-pokemon out of pokeballs, like mega Mawile.

Or you could get Honedge, and then use him as an item.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I don't think people should get too hyped about Eevee. There was footage of it being used in the direct and it looks like it just uses Take Down on people.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Blackheart posted:

Or you could get Honedge, and then use him as an item.

This would be cool if it constantly did damage to you.

Y Pokedex posted:

If anyone dares to grab its hilt, it wraps a blue cloth around that person's arm and drains that person's life energy completely.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Crawfish posted:

I don't think people should get too hyped about Eevee. There was footage of it being used in the direct and it looks like it just uses Take Down on people.

Well, that sounds pointless. What makes it any different from any other small mammal pokemon if it just tackles into people?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Geostomp posted:

Well, that sounds pointless. What makes it any different from any other small mammal pokemon if it just tackles into people?

It's popular.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Father Wendigo posted:

Three? Adam was only in two and the manga, and only in Other M was he an insufferable douche.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Well, why should Adam get in? I say Anthony was the more likable character, he should get into Smash before Adam.

Besides, Adam needs authorization to compete in a fighting tournament. The problem is that his superiors are too busy cloning Metroids and telling Samus to clean up after their messes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Welcome to For Glory mode, how tough are you?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I really hope there's some Wonderful 101 representation in this game, even if it's an assist trophy or sound track.
Because you know every custom level would have this as its BGM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_moHXjH7pc

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

If Adam gets in, his final smash should be him unauthorizing attacks and jumps of everyone else in battle.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
I have to say, as glad as I am that SSB will be on 3DS, I can't say I understand Nintendo's reasoning in releasing it before the Wii U one, especially since 90% of U owners cite that as THE reason they even purchased it. Have they given up on the U at last? Because I see zero reason to buy the Wii U version since the 3DS version is basically the same and the 3DS is the far better system anyway.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The Wii U version will more than likely have it's own unique mode like 3DS's Smash Run, as well as looking way better and having the classic couch multiplayer that the 3DS obviously won't have.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Also, everyone I know IRL went from "I'll buy the Wii U version" to "Ugh poo poo now I'm going to buy both", including myself.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Captain Mog posted:

I have to say, as glad as I am that SSB will be on 3DS, I can't say I understand Nintendo's reasoning in releasing it before the Wii U one, especially since 90% of U owners cite that as THE reason they even purchased it. Have they given up on the U at last? Because I see zero reason to buy the Wii U version since the 3DS version is basically the same and the 3DS is the far better system anyway.
The Wii U probably has more content and will take longer to finish, and putting the 3DS version on the shelf just because of that would be a pretty quick way for Iwata to be axed in June when they make that decision.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Captain Mog posted:

It's a real mystery, but don't you worry! The Internet's crack business and marketing experts are on the case!

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Can you imagine the internet shitstorm if Adam was a playable character and Ridley wasn't? Ridley's at the top of my list for most wanted newcomers but I almost want to see that happen instead just to see the internet react.

I want it to happen just because of that. Like really badly.

LividLiquid posted:

Fusion, Other M, and which is the third now?

Adam in Fusion was cool. He was just her ship AI based on his mind and you were told about him through Samus starlogs.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It would be some truly deep and original critical thinking about Smash and Nintendo on large.

If it wasn't bought up by someone every few pages and the argued about each time.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Also, everyone I know IRL went from "I'll buy the Wii U version" to "Ugh poo poo now I'm going to buy both", including myself.

Weird, everyone I know IRL collectively breathed in a sigh of relief and said "Thank god, I don't have to buy the Wii U for another year."

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm looking forward to portal Smash Brothers tournaments.

Oh God, what if there was a Smash Gauntlet. TEN MATCHES ON 3DS NONSTOP, THEN TEN MATCHES ON WII U NONSTOP, BEST RECORD AT THE END WINS.

Maybe throw in swimming too, make it a Smash triathlon.:downs:

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Maybe throw in swimming too, make it a Smash triathlon.:downs:

The swimming would be a low-tier Smash 64 match.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Reggie for smash :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Geostomp posted:

Eevee is the cutest Pokemon, and that is enough.

• Locked thread