Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

R-Type posted:

This series has a bad guy whos secondary ability is posting spoilers without spoiler tags, and being a complete dick. Brilliant.

Who is it, so I can avoid him/her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Next episode, Slade grabs a chair, sits down, breaks the forth wall and monologues the plot-line for the rest of season 2, season 3 and the framework for the rest of the series.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

SpannerX posted:

Who is it, so I can avoid him/her?

...Slade.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Dammit I forgot they were skipping a week. Grrr. Wanted to see Arrow :(

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Skipping this week is Slade's way of trolling you, the viewer. He was serious about loving with everyone in Ollie's life.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

R-Type posted:

Next episode, Slade grabs a chair, sits down, breaks the forth wall and monologues the plot-line for the rest of season 2, season 3 and the framework for the rest of the series.

He will also reveal who dies in the next episode of Game of Thrones, for good measure.

Truly a criminal master mind.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Krad posted:

He will also reveal who dies in the next episode of Game of Thrones, for good measure.

Truly a criminal master mind.

Everybody dies when you play The Game of Thrones.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
loving May sweeps. Just play the poo poo already.

At work i was all excited, walk in... sickbeard says...NO.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

R-Type posted:

Cool.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I want Liam McIntyre and Barry Duffield to make appearances. I don't care as what, just that they show up.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Arrow should clearly do the Fringe thing for like half a season with Slade.

"In order to avenge the woman I loved, I must destroy his city, his family and everyone he loves. I am Deathstroke"

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

sbaldrick posted:

"In order to avenge the woman I loved, I must destroy his city, his family and everyone he loves. I am Deathstroke"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Twitter spoilers:
http://i.imgur.com/2R9Mxkf.jpg
https://twitter.com/amellywood/status/453970750014099457

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

sbaldrick posted:

Am I the only one who wants to see his face, arms, torso etc cut down to the bone while swimming away from the Island, only to have the flesh and skin regenerate?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

James R posted:

Am I the only one who wants to see his face, arms, torso etc cut down to the bone while swimming away from the Island, only to have the flesh and skin regenerate?

...yes?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

James R posted:

Go watch Heroes.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Does that mean Gustin is going to show up too?!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

teagone posted:

Does that mean Gustin is going to show up too?!

Forget Gustin, I'm jacked for Barrowman!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Some Numbers posted:

Go watch Heroes.

You are a monster.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Latest tweets from Amell:

Stephen Amell posted:

*Not comfortable with 666 tweets, so make sure to try coconut oil the next time you make pancakes. Also, don't know what hail hydra means.

*Quick addendum to previous (perfect) tweet after quick perusal of my mentions: I don't give a poo poo what hail hydra means.

*You can't legitimately expect me to see Marvel films. What'd be next? Heading to Comic Con in a Hawkeye Cosplay?

:allears:

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I would love to see Amell in classic Clint Barton purple.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Those tweets are enough to make me follow him now :allears:

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

bobkatt013 posted:

You are a monster.

Why does everyone here hate heroes? I thought it was a great tv show. Definitely could have done more with the concept, but it wasn't all that bad.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Ravane posted:

Why does everyone here hate heroes? I thought it was a great tv show. Definitely could have done more with the concept, but it wasn't all that bad.

You must have stopped after season one.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Kilson posted:

You must have stopped after season one.

Nope, season 1 was great, but season 4 was my favorite season.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

bobkatt013 posted:

You are a monster.

I try, on occasion, but I was mostly talking about season 1 featuring a scene where whats-her-name takes a mini nuke to the face and walks out the destroyed house will regenerating.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Ravane posted:

Nope, season 1 was great, but season 4 was my favorite season.

Most people couldn't be bothered to keep up with the series after the debacle that was Season 2. I personally kept up with the entire series, but Season 1 is definitely the standout. The string of episodes leading up to 5 Years Gone and the subsequent aftermath was epic as gently caress. Company Man is still one of my favorite episodes of Television ever aired too. In retrospect, if Season 2 were more entertaining and better paced, Heroes probably would have gone on for 8 or 9 seasons. That said, I'm kind of excited to see what the reboot has in store.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Who's Raisa, again?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Who's Raisa, again?

Maid at the manor. Only appeared in the pilot.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Ahh. Probably another part of Slade's master plan.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

teagone posted:

Most people couldn't be bothered to keep up with the series after the debacle that was Season 2. I personally kept up with the entire series, but Season 1 is definitely the standout. The string of episodes leading up to 5 Years Gone and the subsequent aftermath was epic as gently caress. Company Man is still one of my favorite episodes of Television ever aired too. In retrospect, if Season 2 were more entertaining and better paced, Heroes probably would have gone on for 8 or 9 seasons. That said, I'm kind of excited to see what the reboot has in store.

My favorite episode was the one where Hiro is suffering from a Brain tumor, and then he finds out that Charlie has lived out her entire life already and to go back means ruining her life. For a character I spent four years loving, that was a difficult moment.

I remember season 2 being affected by the writer's strike, but I really think season 3 and 4 were still pretty decent in comparison.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Amell just added this photo to his Facebook:

I'm sure is just an easter egg but how cool would be if were more than that? :flashfap:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I'm sure is just an easter egg but how cool would be if were more than that? :flashfap:

First we gotta get a foot in the door with Flash, then we can go nutso with outer space Green Lantern poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ferris Air was mentioned a bunch of times in the first season as it was one of their planes that Fyers was threatening to shoot down with those missile launchers.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

WarLocke posted:

First we gotta get a foot in the door with Flash, then we can go nutso with outer space Green Lantern poo poo.

Doesn't have to be crazy space cop shenanigans. We could get Travelling Across America pre-super buddies edition. It'd still be loving awesome.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

what a horrible slogan for a commercial airline

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Could be pretty amazing if say, the pilots/flight crew successfully fought off a hijacking while also landing their plane safely. :911: e: by amazing I mean amazingly over-the-top

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 11, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

You should see their pilots.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
Time wrote a nice little article about the show.

http://time.com/56472/arrow-dc-comics-best-superhero-franchise/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

boom boom boom posted:

Pretty sure it's just a Green Lantern pun. Aren't the rings powered from fear or something? Or was that Paralax?

• Locked thread