Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Holy crap, another Brass City. This is going to go up in price immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

LSV posted:

I'm excited to see more of Journey into Nyx and am ready to welcome back an old favorite (and very impactful card) in my preview for this column next week!

At the very bottom of his article. No clue on what it could be.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Well this just made my day.

I want to play Launch the Fleet all day every day as a wincon for UW Control.

Mana Confluence seems okay, I guess. Wait gently caress that's City of Brass.

They made half of Vorinclex an enchantment with Flash :swoon:

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

Zorak posted:

They forgot to tell Maro he had a social media preview again:

Whooooooops

That's a very unusual Bestow design. I mean I guess you could argue that 'You control this creature' is like an implicit line of text on all creatures you control by definition, but it's still weird to have an ability on the enchantment that doesn't translate into the creature.

Also, very surprised to see functional City of Brass reprint, but that's definitely an exciting one for a lot of decks.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
A pity Launch the fleet doesn't have the best synergy with Phalanx Leader, but that is still one hell of an excellent trick that is getting in my White Heroic decks.

Edit: also I'm sure it's an Illiad reference, which is pretty sweet.

Rogue 7 fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 11, 2014

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
SCG's preview is:

Worst Fears 7B

Sorcery (Mythic)

You control target player's next turn. Exile Worst Fears.

e:

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
Kickass, City of Brass 5-8 for my janky rainbow legacy combo deck.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
A better version of city of brass, wonder how much that will settle at while it's in standard. Between that and shock/scrylands I better see a chromanticore get dropped somewhere.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Niton posted:

SCG's preview is:

Worst Fears 7B

Sorcery (Mythic)

e:

This is timmy as gently caress and I hope I get it in the prerelease.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Also, I like that City of Brass is strictly better than its old version outside of some insane combo that requires you to damage yourself. It's always been a pretty powerful card, and I expect it to do good things in the upcoming Standard season.

Not so sold on Launch the Fleet, though - it does nothing by itself, so I think it might just be a "win-more" card.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
This is a really cool night of previews. New City of Brass, Control Magic Flying Man Bestow guy, Launch the Fleet. All awesome.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Yeah, City of Brass is now copies 5-8 of the '1 life:any color' land (if you ever even want that). Get these while they're in print if you play non-rotating formats.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Suddenly, I'm considering a WBR version of MURDERGOATS...

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Where's Athreos don't make me wait for Athreos like this.

All I've been waiting for all week is Athreos. :smith:

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Fleet seems strong, but still not poised well with verdict running around. The new CoB is cool, but nothing to write home. I'm just pissed they are going to remove Heartbeat of Spring from the mtgo cube to replace it with the new one and screw up my curve.

The 7B mythic could do a ton of work against the right deck, but its probably unplayable even with Nykthos running around.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Fingers McLongDong posted:

A better version of city of brass, wonder how much that will settle at while it's in standard. Between that and shock/scrylands I better see a chromanticore get dropped somewhere.
How is it better? Damage on City of Brass can be prevented albeit an opponent can't damage you by tapping the new one. At any rate it's a pretty exciting card. If Wizards goes full retard and bans any combination of fetches/shocks then I guess multicolor decks will have a full 8 city of brass to fall on. Control Magic Flying Man seems like a super fun card, and probably the most exciting Bestow creature they've printed. Launch the fleet is super baller, I can't wait to see it in a goofy modern tokens deck. Worst Fears might actually be playable in a MBC deck with Nykthos?

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 11, 2014

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Where's Athreos don't make me wait for Athreos like this.

All I've been waiting for all week is Athreos. :smith:

PAX East is this weekend, and will likely have some spoilers in it.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Fleet seems like a card that somebody will build a very good deck around at the right moment in the meta.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

mango sentinel posted:

How is it better? Damage on City of Brass can be prevented albeit an opponent can't damage you buy tapping the new one

Rishadan Port.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

3 color aggro could suddenly become a thing in Standard, 12 shocks and 4 CoB's is a pretty good starting point for something like that.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

ThirdEmperor
Aug 7, 2013

BEHOLD MY GLORY

AND THEN

BRAWL ME
I think Iroas just found what he needed to be a Standard competitive deck.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
^^^ yesss
edit: nm you might be talking about fleet but still

Promoted Pawn posted:

3 color aggro could suddenly become a thing in Standard, 12 shocks and 4 CoB's is a pretty good starting point for something like that.

I just want to play iroas in rakdos aggro

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Niton posted:

SCG's preview is:

Worst Fears 7B

Sorcery (Mythic)

e:

Worst Fears is pulling this in your pack. :(

I like Kiora's Dismissal. Could be good for the Mono Blue mirrors.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Thinking more on Launch the Fleet, I suspect it's going to be probably something of a two-of in decks that want it.

It triggers Heroic on the cheap, and gives you a nice reward on top of that-probably 2 or 3 soldiers that give you a good board presence and protection from edicts.

I also want to live in magical christmasland and cast it on both Brimaz and Hero of Bladehold together.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Periodic reminder that there is apparently no way black or red could even possibly be allowed to interact with onboard enchantments.

(It's not too late for an Enchantment Innocent Blood, right? right?)

Niton fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 11, 2014

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I was thinking Purphoros more than Iroas honestly. Swing in, pop 3 dudes for 6 damages, possibly trigger heroic.

Also it and the green rare strive are goign to lead to some total blow outs in limited.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
JOU is kicking BNG's rear end like there's no tomorrow.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Seems like a niche sideboard card but lord knows I can't begrudge one of those.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MiddleEastBeast posted:

This. I'm definitely going to buy a box now.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Niton posted:

Periodic reminder that there is apparently no way black or red could even possibly be allowed to interact with onboard enchantments.

(It's not too late for an Enchantment Innocent Blood, right? right?
They might do a "Target player takes X damage for every enchantment they have." type effect.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Someone apparently found a new card on the M15 preview.

Necromancer's Assistant: M15.
2B.
3/1.

When etb, put the top three cards of your library into your graveyard.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Yea, it's almost jarring how different the two sets feel so far.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I'm sad that Launch the Fleet is rare because drafting 5 of them would be hilarious.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Korak posted:

They might do a "Target player takes X damage for every enchantment they have." type effect.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

meanolmrcloud posted:

Yea, it's almost jarring how different the two sets feel so far.
JOU looking to break the 'third set is usually bad' streak.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

MiddleEastBeast posted:

The lowest of bars.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Count Bleck posted:

They made half of Vorinclex an enchantment with Flash :swoon:

Nothing against you personally but some small part of me dies inside when people see this effect and the closest thing they can think to compare it to is Vorinclex rather than Heartbeat of Spring, let alone Mana Flare. :shepicide:

Also, totally punted the opportunity for a Helen of Troy reference on Launch the Fleet.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

TheLoser posted:

Suddenly, I'm considering a WBR version of MURDERGOATS...

I posted a quick RW VICTORYGOATS list on the Brewhaus yesterday, but I think a RBw list with Launch the Fleet would be pretty respectable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

JerryLee posted:

Nothing against you personally but some small part of me dies inside when people see this effect and the closest thing they can think to compare it to is Vorinclex rather than Heartbeat of Spring, let alone Mana Flare. :shepicide:

Honestly, the first thing I thought was "Zhur-Taa Ancient: the Enchantment."

• Locked thread